BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought the opposite.  The ending wasn't terrible, but the way she dispatched the creature at the end was straight out of a cartoon.  It almost felt tacked on.  A big shift from the "grounded in reality" tone of the rest of the film.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boring till the last 10 minutes....then wow !.....

I thought the opposite.  The ending wasn't terrible, but the way she dispatched the creature at the end was straight out of a cartoon.  It almost felt tacked on.  A big shift from the "grounded in reality" tone of the rest of the film.

rumors were that the film was a super low budget bunker flick and the company making it went belly up. Then it got bought up, slapped with the cloverfield title and 10 minutes of monster added to drum up interest.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I just watched it. I liked it. I find it hard to believe that 2 people couldn't overrun a fat old dude sooner though. I mean it would have been pretty easy but I guess the movie would have been 15 minutes then.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy movies like this, I didn't find it boring at all
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why is it that people who prepare for disasters are always portrayed as crazy in movies....but their planning ends up saving people???
View Quote

Because thats the one part that is actually real.  People think you are nuts until you end up saving their ass with something they laughed at.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I was pretty jelly of that bunker.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved it right up until the end, then it got ridiculous. The stuff in the bunker was amazing

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just watched it. I liked it. I find it hard to believe that 2 people couldn't overrun a fat old dude sooner though. I mean it would have been pretty easy but I guess the movie would have been 15 minutes then.
View Quote

1)The fat old dude was armed.
2)The guy was injured.
3)The girl was like 100 pounds and injured as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought it sucked. The end left me with "this is fucking stupid"

Same sort of disappointment you get with every M Night shamalamadingdong movie
View Quote
+1000

What garbage.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Good movie, I enjoyed it. The hot girl should have been naked in it though
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I loved it right up until the end, then it got ridiculous. The stuff in the bunker was amazing

View Quote
This too. All the interesting character dynamics and mystery went right out the doot (literally). ENDING SUCKED FHRC'S SHRIVELED LITTLE RAISIN!

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought the ending could have been more... subtle, and still had the same punch. I thought it went a little over the top.

On the whole though, I enjoyed it. John Goodman is awesome.

Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought the ending could have been more... subtle, and still had the same punch. I thought it went a little over the top.

On the whole though, I enjoyed it. John Goodman is awesome.
View Quote

Exactly my thoughts.   Loved the movie. John Goodman was great, but I wish there was a stronger tie-in to Cloverfield somehow (realizing that that's a stretch) and not some other world-ending scenario.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
What the heck did I just watch?

Click the spoiler if you don't want to waste 2 hours of your life

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What the heck did I just watch?

Click the spoiler if you don't want to waste 2 hours of your life

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thoroughly enjoyed it. John Goodman was outstanding.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Very worth a watch imho.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#17]
John Goodman was awesome, nailed it. Worth watching.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Both cloverfields sucked. At least I didnt get motion sickness though watching cloverfield lane.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked it
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I wanted to fuck the main character.

John Goodman.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I really liked that movie. Every time I was convinced I knew what was really going on, something happened that made me change my mind. It really kept me guessing right until the end.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#22]
satellite juice!
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Thread title is misleading. This is no longer "breaking."  Title should be edited
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top