Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2016 6:23:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a dealer in NE Florida that will consign sell my SBR's?
I want everything done legal, as I'm too good looking to go to jail.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try the Florida Hometown forum
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would try the Florida Hometown forum
View Quote

I just wanted to reach more people
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You would probably have better luck having them removed from the registry and selling the uppers alone and the lowers separate unless it is a factory SBR.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You would probably have better luck having them removed from the registry and selling the uppers alone and the lowers separate unless it is a factory SBR.
View Quote

One is a Spikes.

I can't have any Guns right now ( long Story)  But class 3's are just too much trouble. and I want them gone.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, you'd probably even get them gone quicker if you parted them out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If you just want them gone quick, pull the uppers and sell them separate.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have the lowers now no complete guns or parts . But when I can do that I would have the stamps removed and make them Pistols.
I'd rather just sell them to a class 3 dealer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pics?
View Quote

Don't know where anything is right now. (long story will tell after the 29th) I hope.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Not much reason for a dealer to buy them, SBR ARs are a dime a dozen and tax stamps are expensive.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't have any Guns right now ( long story)

View Quote

We have time.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have time.

Seconded.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seconded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have time.

Seconded.

Bueller......
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
.................................. But when I can do that I would have the stamps removed and make them Pistols....................................
View Quote

Not with the rifles you can't
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you only have the lowers, then you no longer have SBRs. An SBR by definition has a rifled barrel installed. You can sell your lowers just like any other lower. If you want to cover all your bases, notify the NFA branch that they are no longer SBRs.

A dealer can't buy a stripped lower as an SBR. Even if you had a complete SBR, no dealer is going to want it. It's a $200 tax for them to buy it from an individual and the resell value on a used SBR is pitiful, especially if it's a home build instead of a factory gun. Even if you could find a dealer to take a complete and used SBR, expect to get about 25% of retail or less.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only have the lowers now no complete guns or parts . But when I can do that I would have the stamps removed and make them Pistols.
I'd rather just sell them to a class 3 dealer.

If you only have the lowers, then you no longer have SBRs. An SBR by definition has a rifled barrel installed. You can sell your lowers just like any other lower. If you want to cover all your bases, notify the NFA branch that they are no longer SBRs.

A dealer can't buy a stripped lower as an SBR. Even if you had a complete SBR, no dealer is going to want it. It's a $200 tax for them to buy it from an individual and the resell value on a used SBR is pitiful, especially if it's a home build instead of a factory gun. Even if you could find a dealer to take a complete and used SBR, expect to get about 25% of retail or less.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

And this is why I use cheap lower receivers when I build my SBRs. No sense in going all out only to shoot yourself in the foot with the resale value ahould you ever need to sell. Who wants a lower with some other dude's trust info on it?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Seconded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have time.

Seconded.

Lost 1 & 2 amendments (gag order)
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.................................. But when I can do that I would have the stamps removed and make them Pistols....................................

Long time built sbr's
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have time.

Seconded.

Restraining order?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#20]
A dealer can not take them on consignment . Tax issues come into play . The best thing to do would be remove them from the registry and part out as others suggested . You loose the tax money either way
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
This appears to be a solid argument against nfa stuff which we don't talk about on here often.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#22]
If it's just a lower, why would I buy it when I still have to pay $200? A lower is $60.

Besides, once separated, it's no longer an SBR.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were pistols first then you most certainly can.

It's exactly how I sold my PTR32PDW (purchased as a pistol) that I had SBRed.  I have a letter from the BATFE Saying that is what I should do (remove and sell stock, send letter to NFA branch announcing my intention to return firearm to 1968 GCA status sell or trade as pistol).

So, sell the lowers, get what you can.

Send a letter to NFA branch asking that serials X, Y, Z be removed from the registry.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Once you configure it as a normal rifle, it's not an SBR and you can sell it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This appears to be a solid argument against nfa stuff which we don't talk about on here often.  

View Quote
i learned if you want to form 1 an SBR, do it with an anderson lower.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a dealer in NE Florida that will consign sell my SBR's?
I want everything done legal, as I'm too good looking to go to jail.
Thanks
View Quote

If they were never made into SBR's you could apply for a refund of the form 1 if that's what you did.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
We'll be checking back on the 29th to find out what the hell happened.

Secondly, couldn't you have a local gun shop with an SOT hold the lower for you?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Sold off all my SBRs last year. Just sent in a letter to the ATF saying I wanted them to be removed from the registry, pinned them to 18 inches and was good to go. Got my letters back recently. Used cash to gets some sweet ass parts kits. M60E3 and PKM

OP not giving details makes me think its felony related. Either domestic violence injunction order to remove all firearms or he got caught by feds with something illegal.
SBR on a form 1 individual would mean he couldnt let anyone else just hold onto them like he could with a trust.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sold off all my SBRs last year. Just sent in a letter to the ATF saying I wanted them to be removed from the registry, pinned them to 18 inches and was good to go. Got my letters back recently. Used cash to gets some sweet ass parts kits. M60E3 and PKM

OP not giving details makes me think its felony related. Either domestic violence injunction order to remove all firearms or he got caught by feds with something illegal.
SBR on a form 1 individual would mean he couldnt let anyone else just hold onto them like he could with a trust.
View Quote

Why did you pin them to 18"?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's a 16er...
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry meant 16.5

made fake suppressors and pinned them.

It was surprisingly easy to sell them that way instead of doing a NFA transfer. it really sucks selling something and have to pay a 200 stamp to transfer it and hold onto for 8-12 months.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in Florida, what do you have ? Just add me to your trust and I'll give $ 87.00.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]
It would be sold together but not by me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Just cut the spikes receiver in half and post pics.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Depending on what you want to sell...if they are AR based. Sell the uppers and save lowers as they are registered.  You keep your investment for future investments and generations and collect 70% of the rifle's value in the upper.  

Any other rifle SBR - you're likely to take a bath given the market today.  After Phily and Cleveland, it's likely to change.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Might be as well off to sell the uppers and put the lowers in the back of the safe.  Won't get that much out of them and they're there if you want them later.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Claim of simple battery from person I don't know. But in FL your guilty until you spend 6k on lawyer and go to trial.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Claim of simple battery from person I don't know. But in FL your guilty until you spend 6k on lawyer and go to trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hope your collection is small and easy to reacquire.

Makes for a good reason to have as many guns off the books as possible so you can just toss them into a storage rental until stuff blows over.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#40]
They give you internet access in jail?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They give you internet access in jail?
View Quote

Hope I don't find out.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is more to this, simple battery on a person you do not know does not end up with a gag order.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There is more to this, simple battery on a person you do not know does not end up with a gag order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not when their street smart and can lie hang on till the 30th. Gag order is from my lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but you end up with a lawyer with a SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! Order.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Why not sell your entire collection to me for $50, and I'll sell them back to you once everything is cleared up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Funny thing is I don't know where anything is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Funny thing is I don't know where anything is.
View Quote
How do you plan on selling guns that you don't even know where they are?

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Not allowed in GD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top