Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I've stitched myself with needle and regular thread when I've gashed one of my fingers, cyst removal. Nope, haven't tried that, yet. Your pretty tuff.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
pass. Not without the lidocaine or some other way to control the pain a bit
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Your calves look like you're smuggling carp in your boot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You played for the NFL.... What the heck?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pass. Not without the lidocaine or some other way to control the pain a bit

You played for the NFL.... What the heck?

Lidocaine is cheap.  Used it to remove a rather large chunk of glass that was buried in my arm years ago during a car crash the doctors missed at the time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got one on my back I can't reach. If I only had some lidocaine I'd grab one of my wife's paramedic friends and have them dig it out.

I've had a couple of doc's look at it, "oh that's surgery" then you see literally thousands of these things dug out on youtube. I'm not saying everyone should do it at home, but the doc ought to be able to knock one out in an office visit.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

just google "scrotum self-repair".
I'm sure there's some good info out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm about to try the same thing on my scrotum. Smallish white bump just under the skin. I tried to use a needle but had no luck. Just ordered some sterile scalpel blades and going to get some iodine and bacitracin.  No one here can do stitches so I'm hoping to make a small enough cut and just super glue it.

I'm a little worried about bleeding, just using the needle it took a while to get it to stop. Any tips?

Wear a helmet, because you're gonna lose your shit and pass out when that glue hits the raw incision on your sac.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]

I thought your calf was what you were removing at first because its so goddamn big

Good job man
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
2K LOL in a free market that is a $200 dollar job... I have done one myself on my shoulder, wish I had gotten help, but was able to get myself.
View Quote

Insane.   The last one I had removed took my family doctor 30 minutes to remove and stich up.

The tool he used was a circular  punch.   It punched a ring of skin and flesh out,  he removed the flap with the medical version of needlenose pliers and the cyst as well.   About the size of a marble.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So don't masturbate using heavy machinery and don't use a staples on scrotum lacerations. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm about to try the same thing on my scrotum. Smallish white bump just under the skin. I tried to use a needle but had no luck. Just ordered some sterile scalpel blades and going to get some iodine and bacitracin.  No one here can do stitches so I'm hoping to make a small enough cut and just super glue it.

I'm a little worried about bleeding, just using the needle it took a while to get it to stop. Any tips?

So don't masturbate using heavy machinery and don't use a staples on scrotum lacerations. Thanks!

I see that we read the same newspapers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just the tip.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Holy shit.

That's the neckbeard of all neckbeards!

Behold scarfbeard!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like you dipped you chin in the chocolate fountain of AIDS at Golden Coral.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ummmmmm, hello..... Come on up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So who can cut one of those off my arm ?

Ummmmmm, hello..... Come on up!

That is a haul but I might be game , can I bring the dog ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What a great place for MRSA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shh!  Don't discourage them.  Medical training is over-rated and this could be entertaining.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

11B calves, dude.

Grab a ruck and join the club.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly how you contaminate a bacitracin tube.  Apply it with a single use q-tip next time.  Better trash that tube.  

Is that calf deformity a birth defect?  

11B calves, dude.

Grab a ruck and join the club.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#23]
OP, how much .22 ammo have you purchased from Walmart in the past three years?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#24]
$2k? Holy shit. I had one removed for $300
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Fellas you can buy a bottle of lidocaine from a nice US Dr. travel medical website who sells it along with a suture kit for use when going to 3rd world countries with no clean medical supplies.  Might be a good thing to have for self-surgery...  I keep some on my boat for nasty hook removals, otherwise I go to the doc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I did that same operation when I was 10 with my Barlow pen knife...

nice work OP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cut a plantar wart out of my foot with an SOG bowie one night.
it hadn't responded to various treatment, and I was tired of it bugging me when I walked.

I did that same operation when I was 10 with my Barlow pen knife...

nice work OP

Swiss Army knife when I was around 15.  Good cut.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fellas you can buy a bottle of lidocaine from a nice US Dr. travel medical website who sells it along with a suture kit for use when going to 3rd world countries with no clean medical supplies.  Might be a good thing to have for self-surgery...  I keep some on my boat for nasty hook removals, otherwise I go to the doc.
View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Got a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a link?

Travel Meds
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I took off a huge skin tag on my inner thigh with a pair of scissors. Didn't get it on the 1st cut. I assumed there would be no nerves in that fucker. I was eye wateringly wrong.

The bleeding would not stop. After 24 hours it was still gushing. I wrapped my leg in a towel and drove to the store and grabbed superglue and sealed that fucker up.

Now I always have superglue on hand
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the same boots too. Mine rubbed a hole in my skin where the pull tabs ( or whatever they're called) came in contact with my calves. Can the boots cause cysts? Maybe?

We're gonna need a pic of the wife in the boots and mini-skirt..... For fashion.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/Skg_Mre_Lght/20150723_182009_zps0uanqney.jpg

Best I can do for now.

That lady is sick with a Mk12.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've excised pilar cysts on my own head.

Not my head:

https://o.quizlet.com/HJ76TqxxD.RGAUJES16ZhQ_m.jpg

The sac is thick and looks like this if you get it out in one piece:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Trichilemmalcyst.JPG

Your scalp bleeds like a MFer, so I get some lido with epi and infiltrate it to control that.  Luckily, I'm a guy, I'm bald, and I don't GAF about scars on my head so it works out.  If I cared, I could pay a pro to do it for me and get a minimal scar.....but nah.

View Quote

Are those things hard or soft to the touch?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Shh!  Don't discourage them.  Medical training is over-rated and this could be entertaining.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still here, bump is gone and no MRSA.

Who needs medical training when we have arfcom and YouTube?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I was just out your way earlier this month OP. Went to Lou Taubert's and spend about $450. That is a nice western store. I had to leave before I spent more.

Where in Wyoming do you live? We were northwest of Douglas by about 25 miles for a few days.

Forgot to add  . . . . friend of mine is a general doctor. I was training a horse for here a few years ago and she offered to cut one of my chest for me. She said it was the only 'surgery' she had ever performed in a living room, with an audience that consisted of a chow, the girlfriend of the patient, and the patient chewing tobacco. Lol

You should have recorded it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#36]
No not that trip. I was helping my friend at his horse sale. I was supposed to be up around your way somewhere the end of May shooting prairie dogs and helping at a branding but several factors fell the wrong way and I couldn't make it work.

You sure live in a beautiful state.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Will do
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top