User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 349
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NCUrk:
Went to the Doc today for routine stuff.

Cholesterol unfortunately is still high and I need to stay on my meds. The Numbers are moving in the right direction, just not there yet.

B/P when I started KETO was 146/96 on meds. Today (Still on meds) it was 106/68. Doc said if I can maintain that for a month or so, he will start to titrate me off my BP medications

Starting weight was 248 (There last weight on me), Today I was 202.

Measured my waist and I was a 39 and today I am a 34.

4 months down and I am close to my initial goal weight of 200 pounds, now looking at 185-190.  Been stalled at 202 for about 2-3 weeks now.
View Quote

Moving in the right direction is great I figure it took me 50 years to decimate my health so if I can turn it around in under 5 I am winning.
Now if I could just find an answer for my back injury's...
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

I have not. I dont shop at Costco as I'm just a single guy() and dont need to buy bulk quantities of anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eracer:
Originally Posted By Freyr:
Hello all, checking in with a few questions. I'm on my 2nd week now, haven't really been weighing myself (I know, I know) but I'm down a notch in the belt, and it feels good.

Is the general consensus to track actual carbs, or net carbs? And if net carbs, do you do carbs-fiber, or carbs -fiber -whatever else?

I am not 100% tracking my macros, but I'm almost positive I'm not hitting my fat requirement for the day, what is a good way to shove in extra fat? Normally have a few eggs and bacon for breakfast, and a steak + broccoli for dinner.

If I'm already dieting, will the pee strips do me any good to tell if I'm in ketosis? or do I need the blood tester?

Some observations thus far:
Food is delicious
Haven't noticed any "extra energy" or "clear headedness"
Can now wear a gun in my tighter pants
Keto bars are not for me
I really suck at cooking anything that's not meat or eggs.

I really love using Coconut oil to add more fat. I'm not a fan of coconut taste and this brand doesnt taste like coconut at all.I cook everything in it, it has a decent enough heat point.

Also avocados are a very good source of just about everything you need. I try to have 3-4 a week.

Have you tried the coconut oil from Costco?  I'm thinking of picking some up.  Like you, I like mine to have very little coconut taste.

I have not. I dont shop at Costco as I'm just a single guy() and dont need to buy bulk quantities of anything.

After years of keto coconut oil is food and not cooking grease and go for the best tasting I can find.
I like all the Tropical traditions products. Eat there coconut oil by the spoon and there coconut concentrate lives in my desk  and its an fantastic snack.
It replaced peanut butter.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By BrickFrog:
i can confirm:  kirkland coconut oil tastes like coconut.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrickFrog:

Have you tried the coconut oil from Costco?  I'm thinking of picking some up.  Like you, I like mine to have very little coconut taste.

i can confirm:  kirkland coconut oil tastes like coconut.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Cholesterol unfortunately is still high and I need to stay on my meds. The Numbers are moving in the right direction, just not there yet.

B/P when I started KETO was 146/96 on meds. Today (Still on meds) it was 106/68. Doc said if I can maintain that for a month or so, he will start to titrate me off my BP medications

4 months down and I am close to my initial goal weight of 200 pounds, now looking at 185-190.  Been stalled at 202 for about 2-3 weeks now.
View Quote

Great job! Keep it up!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Hello all, checking in with a few questions. I'm on my 2nd week now, haven't really been weighing myself (I know, I know) but I'm down a notch in the belt, and it feels good.

Is the general consensus to track actual carbs, or net carbs? And if net carbs, do you do carbs-fiber, or carbs -fiber -whatever else?

I am not 100% tracking my macros, but I'm almost positive I'm not hitting my fat requirement for the day, what is a good way to shove in extra fat? Normally have a few eggs and bacon for breakfast, and a steak + broccoli for dinner.

If I'm already dieting, will the pee strips do me any good to tell if I'm in ketosis? or do I need the blood tester?

Food is delicious

Keto bars are not for me

I really love using Coconut oil to add more fat. I'm not a fan of coconut taste and this brand doesnt taste like coconut at all.I cook everything in it, it has a decent enough heat point.

Also avocados are a very good source of just about everything you need. I try to have 3-4 a week.

Coffee - really good coffee - $15.00 for 2 lbs.

2 dozen Grade AA organic eggs - $5.00

Paper products

Bulk nuts

Batteries

Olives

They also have really good meat.  It's not necessarily cheap, but I buy it and throw it in the freezer.  I have a vacuum sealer, which I recommend to all single guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

Im about a month in, but I've been going strong since about Labor Day without any carb source other than trace foods. My craving for carbs/junk is completely gone. Start every day with bulletproof coffee and it keeps me going until lunch. I've only got 1 notch left in my belt and Im down 20# as of Tuesday. I feel FUCKING FANTASTIC!

This is turning out to be the most satisfying and sustainable eating habit change I've ever made and I have no intention on stopping. The biggest thing that I have noticed is how absolutely terrible carbs have made me feel my whole life, and I never thought of cutting them out due to all the terrible dieting advice I've gotten over the years. I have twice as much energy, I sleep better, my skins better, my mood is better. I dont have a single negative thing to report on since I've started Keto.

I dont even bother keeping track of my carb/fat/protein intake anymore. I know to keep my carbs under 20 net and keep fats between 120-150 (started at 180). I'm going to give it 1 more week and Im going to experiment with 24 hour fasting. I've gone up to 18 unintentionally and I felt awesome and dropped an additional 2 pounds that week just from doing it one day.
View Quote

Fantastic!

You may experience is high uric acid levels.  Research shows that they return to normal around week 12.  I monitor mine and they're still elevated after 5 months, which is a bad thing.

I'm going to see a doctor on Monday and I will do what I don't want to do - start taking allopurinol.  I do NOT want kidney stones or (especially) gout.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Something anecdotally I'll throw out.

I've lost a bit over 20lbs since going keto at a consistent 1-1.5 / wk pace. At this point, I'm down to that last stubborn 10 pounds or so to hit my target weight and have been stalling out for a week or two at a time before losing another pound and stalling out again. The last couple of times I've stalled out, I've had a very high carb cheat night (pasta, etc) and shortly thereafter dropped two or three pounds over the next week and then stalled again. I've been able to repeat this pattern the last two times I've stalled out.

My experiences seem to mesh with some of the thought about occasionally having a high-carb cheat. Does this track with anyone else's experience here?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
Something anecdotally I'll throw out.

I've lost a bit over 20lbs since going keto at a consistent 1-1.5 / wk pace. At this point, I'm down to that last stubborn 10 pounds or so to hit my target weight and have been stalling out for a week or two at a time before losing another pound and stalling out again. The last couple of times I've stalled out, I've had a very high carb cheat night (pasta, etc) and shortly thereafter dropped two or three pounds over the next week and then stalled again. I've been able to repeat this pattern the last two times I've stalled out.

My experiences seem to mesh with some of the thought about occasionally having a high-carb cheat. Does this track with anyone else's experience here?
View Quote

Yessir.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Fantastic!

You may experience is high uric acid levels.  Research shows that they return to normal around week 12.  I monitor mine and they're still elevated after 5 months, which is a bad thing.

I'm going to see a doctor on Monday and I will do what I don't want to do - start taking allopurinol.  I do NOT want kidney stones or (especially) gout.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
Im about a month in, but I've been going strong since about Labor Day without any carb source other than trace foods. My craving for carbs/junk is completely gone. Start every day with bulletproof coffee and it keeps me going until lunch. I've only got 1 notch left in my belt and Im down 20# as of Tuesday. I feel FUCKING FANTASTIC!

This is turning out to be the most satisfying and sustainable eating habit change I've ever made and I have no intention on stopping. The biggest thing that I have noticed is how absolutely terrible carbs have made me feel my whole life, and I never thought of cutting them out due to all the terrible dieting advice I've gotten over the years. I have twice as much energy, I sleep better, my skins better, my mood is better. I dont have a single negative thing to report on since I've started Keto.

I dont even bother keeping track of my carb/fat/protein intake anymore. I know to keep my carbs under 20 net and keep fats between 120-150 (started at 180). I'm going to give it 1 more week and Im going to experiment with 24 hour fasting. I've gone up to 18 unintentionally and I felt awesome and dropped an additional 2 pounds that week just from doing it one day.

Fantastic!

It won't return to normal in many cases.  The guys doing the bacon only version, people that drink, people that eat tons of shellfish, etc will usually keep the high levels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyCamel] [#10]

Paper products

Bulk nuts

Batteries

Olives
They also have really good meat.  It's not necessarily cheap, but I buy it and throw it in the freezer.  I have a vacuum sealer, which I recommend to all single guys.

View All Quotes

Food is delicious

Keto bars are not for me

Paper products

Bulk nuts

Batteries

Olives

Batteries, snacks (nuts ect), tp, some clothing, canned goods. The meat tends to come in 4 packs rather than a grocery stores two, so if you bring it home and individually freeze them it can work. Cheap rotisserie chicken, ammo cans, bagged salad and greens, HEAVY CREAM, medicine for pennies on the dollar of store brand (naproxen sodium, Imodium, diphenhydramine, certizine HCl, pseudoephedrine) protein isolate powder, vitamins, and..

You said you're single..

Bulk pack of condoms.

Eta: The new salmon burgers are fucking clutch. Pan fry in avocado oil for a couple minutes on each side, seasoning with Old Bay, they taste like crab cakes. Eat with some Dijon. Also they sell a big bag of individually frozen chicken breasts, works for single guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#11]
POST THAT RECIPE IN THIS THREAD.  NOW !!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_163/1869661_Keto_lifestyle_recipe_thread_.html

(Pretty please....)

View All Quotes

It's in!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Eta: The new salmon burgers are fucking clutch. Pan fry in avocado oil for a couple minutes on each side, seasoning with Old Bay, they taste like crab cakes. Eat with some Dijon. Also they sell a big bag of individually frozen chicken breasts, works for single guys.
View Quote

Tell me more about these Salmon burgers. Are they frozen? Or located with the prepared foods by the "deli"?

I made the Bacon Cheeseburger casserole from the ruled.me recipe. Very good, although the boys wouldn't even try it. I ate way too much of it, and I put (sugar free) ketchup, mustard, and pickles on it as a garnish.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

You've probably seen this already - was a real eye opener for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhzV-J1h0do

View All Quotes

You've probably seen this already - was a real eye opener for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhzV-J1h0do

I had not seen it before, but after watching it it just re-affirms my belief that when Government gets involved with things they usually screw it up, either through incompetence or corruption.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By BUCK1911:

It's in!
View All Quotes

It's in!

YESS!

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#15]

Batteries, snacks (nuts ect), tp, some clothing, canned goods. The meat tends to come in 4 packs rather than a grocery stores two, so if you bring it home and individually freeze them it can work. Cheap rotisserie chicken, ammo cans, bagged salad and greens, HEAVY CREAM, medicine for pennies on the dollar of store brand (naproxen sodium, Imodium, diphenhydramine, certizine HCl, pseudoephedrine) protein isolate powder, vitamins, and..
You said you're single..
Bulk pack of condoms.

View All Quotes

Paper products

Bulk nuts

Batteries

Olives

You said you're single..
Bulk pack of condoms.

I just had a nice visit with one of the lovely sample cooks at my local Costco.
These were friggin' delicious with a piece of cheese on top.  I bought some.

3g net carbs per burger.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw the Dr today.... A1c of 5.0 !!!!!!! lowest I have recorded.
All of my diabetic numbers looked great.
Most things where better but not good enough.
Saluds and exercise is to become a priority.
I have ordered a treadmill and I can do saluds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Saluds and exercise is to become a priority.
View Quote

Nice work man!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Yep it was a pretty slow 5k. Guess it illustrates how much more i need to run.

Haven't timed a run in quite some time, i just go at a comfortable pace. I guess it was too comfortable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geohans:

Did you mean to say your average mile time is 14 minutes?

Yep it was a pretty slow 5k. Guess it illustrates how much more i need to run.

Haven't timed a run in quite some time, i just go at a comfortable pace. I guess it was too comfortable.

Remember, you don't run to lose weight.  You lose weight so running is easier.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

This is great!  Well done.  I'd be inclined to push for reducing meds sooner-- Keep after your doc, or get a second opinion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#20]
About this time every year, my appetite skyrockets.  I guess it's the hundreds of thousands of years of evolution kicking in, telling me to eat everything in sight.

I was thrilled that keto destroyed my appetite, but that was during the summer when my appetite is normally on the wane.  I have steadily lost 40 pounds since mid-June.  But I've gained a few back in the last week.

The real keto challenge, for me anyway, is the next few months.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By djkest:

Tell me more about these Salmon burgers. Are they frozen? Or located with the prepared foods by the "deli"?

I made the Bacon Cheeseburger casserole from the ruled.me recipe. Very good, although the boys wouldn't even try it. I ate way too much of it, and I put (sugar free) ketchup, mustard, and pickles on it as a garnish.
View All Quotes

Link? I've been using the caveman keto casserole recipes to save time, but something else to throw in the rotation would be awesome.

I found this last weekend. It's not bad. I'm just gonna link the album, because apparently the pictures are massive and destroy formatting.
http://m.imgur.com/a/VP3mE
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Got an email today about cooking chicken from Thermoworks, maker of the Thermapen that we recently discussed.
http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2012/02/bloody_chicken/?utm_source=Nl-2016Sep17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=PorterhouseSteakBlogPost&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Sep2016-Cooked-Chicken-cs
INTERNAL DONENESS TEMPERATURES FOR CHICKEN

Cooked Chicken Internal Temperature ThermoWorks Thermapen? 165°F

What is so magical about 165°F (74°C)? At 165°F (74°C) all foodborne bacteria are destroyed instantly. This instant death for foodborne pathogens is recommended for poultry because even the most stubborn salmonella bacteria will be completely pasteurized at this temperature. Even if a slow, low-accuracy dial thermometer is off by as much as 10°F (6°C), a final cooked temperature of 155°F (68°C) in chicken will only need to stay at that temperature for just under 60 seconds in order for the meat to be safe.

? 170°F AND HIGHER

The leg pictured to the right was cooked to the recommended range of 170-175°F (77-79°C) (as verified with a Thermapen®Mk4). Leg meat needs to be cooked to higher temperatures than the leaner and more delicate breast meat because it contains more connective tissue that needs time at high temps to dissolve properly. Even at this higher temperature, the meat still appeared quite pink.

COMMON MYTH: “CHICKEN IS DONE WHEN THE JUICES RUN CLEAR”

One common but inaccurate method of verifying the doneness of chicken is to cut into the meat and watch to be sure all of the juices are running clear. When probing chicken over the grill or in the oven, we sometimes look for anything pink in the meat as a clear indication that its not yet properly cooked. The fact of the matter is that depending upon where you probe your chicken, the color of the meat or juices may never be free of pink, red, or even purple tones.
View Quote

Also they have an open box sale going now for their backlit thermapen
http://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4-Open-Box-Sep2016?utm_source=Nl-2016Sep17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Mk4OpenBox&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Sep2016-Cooked-Chicken-cs
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I made these yesterday.  Very good, but I would increase the salmon by 30% and decrease the veggies 30%.  Salmon flavor was not as dominant as I would have liked.

Also, I smoked the salmon for a couple of hours.  The recipe calls for baking it.  Either way is fine I guess.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By davisac:

Nice work man!
View All Quotes
Salads and exercise is to become a priority.

Nice work man!

The diabetes was the main reason I went KETO years ago so this was exciting.

BUT Dr said I am eating to much meat and not enough vegetables and need exercise.
Now I have to work on my heart and brain.
So time for diet adjustments and time for exercise and to reduce stress.
I have ordered a treadmill and packed the fridge with green stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#25]

BUT Dr said I am eating to much meat and not enough vegetables and need exercise.

View All Quotes

Nice work man!

Unless you have a condition that precludes it, you might consider a quality rower (like a c2) rather than the treadmill.

For the same amount of exercise time, you can get a much better workout with less impact.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Unless you have a condition that precludes it, you might consider a quality rower (like a c2) rather than the treadmill.

For the same amount of exercise time, you can get a much better workout with less impact.

View All Quotes

Nice work man!

I will look into it but I have a bad back and walking feels good. I am hoping to set it up so I can work while walking as I am a workaholic and if I can combine them it will be a win.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Saw this on Twitter:

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Saw this on Twitter:

http://i.imgur.com/4N2QZMv.jpg
View Quote

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head at that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#29]
First business trip out of town eating Keto and first trip I've ever lost weight on!  Down below 190 and had to go buy some 34" waist pants.  Much better than the 42" pants from back in the day :)

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By 3one5:

First business trip out of town eating Keto and first trip I've ever lost weight on!  Down below 190 and had to go buy some 34" waist pants.  Much better than the 42" pants from back in the day :)

View Quote

Awesome!

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know what happened but the past few days I keep craving and snacking on carbs.

View Quote

Just snack on something else.  Crave carbs -> feed the body fat and protein.  Wait 15 minutes and you'll probably be fine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I think i can definitively say that trying to carb load the day before a workout sucks ass.

I was lethargic and highly unmotivated. I made it through my squats and bench just fine, no extra carb power there was still right on the edge of my form breaking down on the last rep.

I have been doing situps and sprints along with my chinups but i just had so little gas left only did 5 sets if chins as opposed to my usual 7 with sits and sprints.

So maybe ill try cheating on lift day next time.
View Quote

In what form where the carbs you ate?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Seems like a lot of work to save $50.

Sorry, I shouldn't criticize.

View All Quotes

Or I have fists for fury!  LOL.  I end up with a nice foam on top and no fat bubbles floating around.  Works for me :)

It's a good workout! LOL
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#34]

It's a good workout! LOL
View All Quotes

Or I have fists for fury!  LOL.  I end up with a nice foam on top and no fat bubbles floating around.  Works for me :)

It's a good workout! LOL

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#35]
I went to a new endo yesterday.  He took me off Metformin and <edit> is tapering me off the Lipitor.  I'm to cut my dose from 20mg to 10mg for a month, then cut it out altogether. Lipitor.  I'm now drug free except for Benicar/HCT (BP med.)

I'll soon be drug free except for Benicar/HCT (BP med.)

He told me to go back on the Metformin if my fasting glucose went above 150.

I told him my primary doc wanted to stay on the Lipitor because a cardiac CT showed I have 30-40% blockage in two arteries.  He said, "Look, at your age, everyone has some blockage.  I'm 54 and I have 40% blockage.  The fewer drugs you have to take, the healthier you will be."

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#36]
41 days in and plateau for a week on weight loss.  Dinner was the Keto crack slaw and this morning still passing ketones on the urine strip as dark as it can show. I just can't can't seem to get to 25 pounds off. Going to start fasting the suggested 5/2.  
Side benifit is my wife is loosing weight by eating the same meals but following it less strict.  She is coming around seeing the light with the low carb, high fat diet.  Every time she steps on the scale and sees a loss she says "this doesn't make any sense."
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Tangotag:
41 days in and plateau for a week on weight loss.  Dinner was the Keto crack slaw and this morning still passing ketones on the urine strip as dark as it can show. I just can't can't seem to get to 25 pounds off. Going to start fasting the suggested 5/2.  
Side benifit is my wife is loosing weight by eating the same meals but following it less strict.  She is coming around seeing the light with the low carb, high fat diet.  Every time she steps on the scale and sees a loss she says "this doesn't make any sense."
View Quote

I have been on and off since May. 0.9 on the meter yesterday after probably 60+ (Had some hors doeuvres that unexpectedly had rice in them) carbs throughout the day. 0.5 this morning. If I tried a urine strip I'd get a minimal reading and it's been that way for a while. You should get a meter and check your blood.

If I feel I've hit a plateau I go strictly minimal carb/protein. You could try a day or two eating only fat bombs and see if that will break your plateau.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

They are gonna be in the fridge/frozen area, by the frozen fish and frozen shrimp. Orange sleeve. I've made keto salmon cakes before, the recipes use canned salmon or tuna. This was 10x better, stupid easy, and probably the same price per pound.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#39]

They are gonna be in the fridge/frozen area, by the frozen fish and frozen shrimp. Orange sleeve. I've made keto salmon cakes before, the recipes use canned salmon or tuna. This was 10x better, stupid easy, and probably the same price per pound.
View All Quotes

I like my salmon caked in wasabi I just realized wasabi has carbs I'm not giving it up
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

I have been on and off since May. 0.9 on the meter yesterday after probably 60+ (Had some hors doeuvres that unexpectedly had rice in them) carbs throughout the day. 0.5 this morning. If I tried a urine strip I'd get a minimal reading and it's been that way for a while. You should get a meter and check your blood.

If I feel I've hit a plateau I go strictly minimal carb/protein. You could try a day or two eating only fat bombs and see if that will break your plateau.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tangotag:

A week really isn't a plateau.  But adding fasting to the regime is probably not a bad idea.

I have a theory about plateaus for people that are trying to lose fat.  It seems that they often occur at "setpoints" from your past.  Most people get fat in stages.  We don't just suddenly move from young and in shape, to fat and unhealthy, we do it in phases, or stages.  If you think back over your life, you can probably remember some of these different "stages", and what you weighed.

I can remember getting "kinda fat" in my late 30's, I say "kinda" because it wasn't enough for me to do anything about it.  I stayed at that "kinda fat" stage for a lot years.  As I was losing fat, I stalled right at that old "kinda fat" weight, for a long time.  On my journey back to health, I hit all the old setpoints again.  

I can't explain it, I can't think of a single reason why this would happened, but it sure seemed to happen.  At least that is how it seemed to work for me.  I

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#41]

I like my salmon caked in wasabi I just realized wasabi has carbs I'm not giving it up
View All Quotes

You can find carb low/free wasabi or grind your own. The amount you're using its negligible anyway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#42]

You can find carb low/free wasabi or grind your own. The amount you're using its negligible anyway.
View All Quotes

I use the powder from Penzy's I don't see any nutritional info but I mix it thick and will put a couple tablespoons on a piece of salmon. I'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Anyone taking Berberine?
My dr wants me to take it.
"Berberine HCl was created by two physicians exploring natural yet potent options for blood sugar and cholesterol control"
Amazon
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm down 27 lbs as of this morning -- have lost almost exactly 10% of my starting body weight.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Very nice work, congratulations!

There are so many positive stories in this thread!

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Anyone taking Berberine?

"Berberine HCl was created by two physicians exploring natural yet potent options for blood sugar and cholesterol control"

Amazon
View Quote

Cinnulin and R-ala, strong as fuck
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Anyone taking Berberine?
Amazon

Why are you taking it and what have been the results.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyCamel] [#48]

View All Quotes

Anyone taking Berberine?

Amazon

I had my gf's Dad take it because he didn't want to give up loaded baked potatoes. He took both and had to cut his insulin dosage in half. It dramatically increases insulin sensitivity ect

Eta: Both available at Costco, the Cinnulin especially
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#49]
179.4 (from 200 7/18) this morning.  Not going to make 175 before heart doc appt. but close enough.  Want to see if they even notice.  

Only blips were a beer and a gin/tonic.

Target is 170....just in time for the holidays...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 349
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top