Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:47:55 PM EDT
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-state-republicans-snub-donald-trump-in-delegate-elections/

Maybe there's some life left yet. Although for 2020 more likely.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
"In theory, Washington Republicans' delegate move will have little effect: despite electing delegates at this state convention, those delegates are bound to vote according to the statewide results in this Tuesday's upcoming Washington primary."

Cruz didn't get shit, and won't till Tuesday.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-state-republicans-snub-donald-trump-in-delegate-elections/

View Quote
lol no, that is not happening

He should have played it smart and ejected early instead of driving into a brick wall at 100mph.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"In theory, Washington Republicans' delegate move will have little effect: despite electing delegates at this state convention, those delegates are bound to vote according to the statewide results in this Tuesday's upcoming Washington primary."

View Quote

He absolutely got something.  The convention does more than just nominate the party's presidential candidate.  They set up rules for this time and potentially the next time, they make changes to the party platform, etc.  From what I understand, Cruz intends to try to block Trump and his supporters from making unconservative changes to the party platform, among other things.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He should have played it smart and ejected early instead of driving into a brick wall at 100mph.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was nothing 'smart' about ejecting early.  Trump supporters just say this because such a thing would have further favoured their candidate, which seems to be all that matters to them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He absolutely got something.  The convention does more than just nominate the party's presidential candidate.  They set up rules for this time and potentially the next time, they make changes to the party platform, etc.  From what I understand, Cruz intends to try to block Trump and his supporters from making unconservative changes to the party platform, among other things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]
He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Well Washington is pretty close to Canada.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]
LMAO dude just stop
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]
"Oh, are you still here?"
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Them Washington republicans must be high on Dat legal dope.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There was nothing 'smart' about ejecting early.  Trump supporters just say this because such a thing would have further favoured their candidate, which seems to be all that matters to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz never had a chance.  Getting on knees in front of the GOPe begging for campaign and finical support just to continue and then hanging on well after he was effectively eliminated just shows that Cruz is a slimy piece of shit politician.

Fuck Ted Cruz.  He has lost my support forever.  You can't claim to be anti-establishment and then get on your knees and blow them.  The main quality that I had liked about Cruz was that he had a backbone and stood for his principles, even if it meant pissing the establishment off and filibustering their bad ideas.  A little money problem and Cruz sold out.  What a sad disappointment he turned out to be.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cruz is going to do exactly what his globalist masters tell him to. they now own him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, he will be lucky if he gets to keep his seat.

Performing fellatio on the GOPe to stop Trump killed his career
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt it.   He just never came across well.    Maybe it was his preachy style of speaking.  Perhaps his Canadian background.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Sure would be a shame if rule 32 got invoked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#17]
"Cruz's state campaign manager, Saul Gamoran, said many Washington state Republicans are "taking a wait-and-see attitude" to Trump's candidacy."

Wait and see if Hillary is the better choice in November?  Or that a Romney-backed mystery candidate arises at the Convention?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
he has already quit.  there is zero chance he will be the nominee.

give it up.  it s over trump is going to be the nominee get over it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Someone needs a beating...

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Cruz never had a chance.  Getting on knees in front of the GOPe begging for campaign and finical support just to continue and then hanging on well after he was effectively eliminated just shows that Cruz is a slimy piece of shit politician.

Fuck Ted Cruz.  He has lost my support forever.  You can't claim to be anti-establishment and then get on your knees and blow them.  The main quality that I had liked about Cruz was that he had a backbone and stood for his principles, even if it meant pissing the establishment off and filibustering their bad ideas.  A little money problem and Cruz sold out.  What a sad disappointment he turned out to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, are you that blind to Trump?  I was a Cruz guy, now I'm a Trump guy.  Will defend him to others and gladly vote for him in the general election.  You need to drop that brain dead, hyperbole that you spewed in the primary.  Trump went into South Carolina spouting crap about Bush and 9/11.  He did it because it was politically advantageous to do so in an open primary (Cruz had pulled to within a few points in polling results just before the debate).  When the GOPe was desperate to stop Trump, Cruz did what was politically advantageous to make his last stand.  It doesn't make Cruz any more establishment than it makes Trump a Bush hating leftist.  Before you continue to bash Cruz, you need to take a long hard objective look at some of the stuff Trump has said and done during the primary.

With that said...TRUMP 2016!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no kidding. all those meetings with gop-e trying to gain favor.. and lugging fat rhinos around with him on the trail really turned me off.  Oh wait..
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck the lot of them.

We've got over 300 million people in this country, and you want to tell me that the best option we had for president was the stack of fucking losers we got to vote on? Fucking Hillary is going to be the Democrat nominee, and the bitch belongs in prison, while Trump is essentially a guy without a real track record for governance? Or, real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done?

Fuck the parties. Both of them. The choices we've been offered as candidates for the presidency are beyond crappy. It's like we got offered not the best available people, but the worst.

I used to vote for the best candidate out there, regardless of party. After 2000, I won't vote for a fucking POS Democrat ever again, with the bullshit the Gore campaign tried to pull with the military vote in Florida. The Republicans aren't much better--They promised to stop all the Obama bullshit, but instead, they're rolling over like a bunch of obedient puppies. Fuck Boehner, and fuck Ryan, with his bullshit "Bail out Puerto Rico" rollover. Fucking Democrats bankrupt a goddamn territory, and Ryan puts the rest of the country on the hook to fucking pay for it? WTF? It's like the major cities--They elected these fucking crooks, let them pay the damn price for their malfeasance and crooked operations over the last hundred years. That's the only way people are ever going to learn that voting for the crooks is a bad idea, but, no... We're gonna bail those stupid treasonous fucks out. Puerto Rico should have been cut loose about the time they shut down that Navy firing range back in the 1990s, and allowed to either sink or swim on its own. Instead, what did we do? Paid the fuckers off, and shut down the range. Which still isn't usable for anything else...

The country is run by fucking morons and crooks. They're steadily taking us into the hole, and we just keep digging it deeper. We badly need good leadership at the top, and what do these stupid fucking parties offer us? A choice between the lesser of two evils, Kang or Kodos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz tucked tail and ran then gave a bunch of snotty interviews that added up to him being butthurt and not wanting to play anymore.

You always try to come off as this intelligent well informed person, yet here you are, saying the universally disliked Cruz will have any position of power withing the RNC that he let collar him and then failed to perform?  

Cruz is lucky between his flippant interviews and people hating him in power if he'll have a job in politics at all in a couple years.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps Bill Kristol will emerge as the White Knight.

Kristol/JEB! 2016!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#25]
lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Later at the convention...Trump addresses his haterz

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Cruz would be smart to focus his energy on his reelection in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cruz would be smart to focus his energy in his reelection in Texas.
View Quote

Correct,  he's gonna need to do what he can to solidify his base....this primary has left him wounded.

I want to see him reelected...if he participates in any shenanigans against the presumed nominee he's gonna find himself with an uphill fight and the dems will capitalize on it when he runs for reelection...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please elaborate on these "unconservative changes" as I've yet to hear anything from Trump about changing the platform.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Please elaborate on these "unconservative changes" as I've yet to hear anything from Trump about changing the platform.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If anything, his stance is MORE conservative of traditional American values than a lot of the GOP is comfortable with, after decades of trying to appease the Democrats.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone is going to make cartoon Ted Cruz porn?  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't do jack shit because the WA GOP is corrupt and puppeteered as fuck by the higher ups to produce results that please the party bigwigs.  The shit they pulled to keep Ron Paul out of the 2012 state level caucuses was blatant and galling.

This was nothing more than dug in establishment bloodsucking ticks desperately trying to protect their cushy arrangements by derailing an upstart.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Trump is essentially a guy without a real track record for governance? Or, real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done?

View Quote

The first part is IMO why he'll probably end up w/ the R nomination.    People are tired of politicians who don't do what they promised.

The last part is absurd.    Trump didn't become a multi Billionaire without a "real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done."   People are voting for him because he's different, he has said a lot of things that they have wanted from their candidates and he gets things done.   I don't have any doubt he'll get things done if he's elected.  I'm more concerned about which direction the loose cannon will go off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I still view Cruz as a solid conservative but this election cycle has diminished him in my eyes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

no kidding. all those meetings with gop-e trying to gain favor.. and lugging fat rhinos around with him on the trail really turned me off.  Oh wait..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now, its ok if Trump does it...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats when kanye is running
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good. The convention as-is will look like the caucus we had here in CO with the number of Cruz people. While trump is going to win the nomination, he'll have a hard time sneaking any of those NY values into the platform and rules
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cruz tucked tail and ran then gave a bunch of snotty interviews that added up to him being butthurt and not wanting to play anymore.
You always try to come off as this intelligent well informed person, yet here you are, saying the universally disliked Cruz will have any position of power withing the RNC that he let collar him and then failed to perform?  
Cruz is lucky between his flippant interviews and people hating him in power if he'll have a job in politics at all in a couple years.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its sad that here on a supposed pro-gun forum, a pro-AR rifle forum at that, that so many are cheering for Cruz to lose his Senate seat.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Exactly why I voted for Trump even though I'm a Cruz supporter.

Have to repair the schism in the party now and rally around the candidate!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Its sad that here on a supposed pro-gun forum, a pro-AR rifle forum at that, that so many are cheering for Cruz to lose his Senate seat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stop you pithy concern trolling it falls on deaf ears. Cruz has done this to himself and he doubled down after bailing on the Republican nominee by making statements along the lines of him not wanting to do anything other than be in the big leagues to the point of making contradictory comments like not wanting to be a SCOTUS judge because he wants to be in a position where he can make differences.

Cruz was a big fish in a small pond, and jumped into the big pond too early and got exposed for all of the negative attributes about his person and subsequently failed. The only people who don't get that have some pretty damn big blinders on.

"It's sad..."  It's not sad, it's the way the system works.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hey now, its ok if Trump does it...
View Quote

He is not seeking to gain favor with them....THEY are seeking to gain favor with HIM

They can read the writing on the wall...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't see much of anyone cheering it,   I see people pointing out his mistake in dragging out his primary loss that resulted in fracturing his Republican base at home..
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stop you pithy concern trolling it falls on deaf ears. Cruz has done this to himself and he doubled down after bailing on the Republican nominee by making statements along the lines of him not wanting to do anything other than be in the big leagues to the point of making contradictory comments like not wanting to be a SCOTUS judge because he wants to be in a position where he can make differences.    

Cruz was a big fish in a small pond, and jumped into the big pond too early and got exposed for all of the negative attributes about his person and subsequently failed. The only people who don't get that have some pretty damn big blinders on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasnt directed specifically at you.

Cruz was in it to win it, just like Trump is. Cruz will come around to supporting Trump at some point, I cant say I blame him for not wanting to throw his support behind him the moment he dropped out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Drrrrrrrrrrrrp!

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#47]
How exactly do these delegates get decided for Cruz?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The first part is IMO why he'll probably end up w/ the R nomination.    People are tired of politicians who don't do what they promised.

The last part is absurd.    Trump didn't become a multi Billionaire without a "real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done."   People are voting for him because he's different, he has said a lot of things that they have wanted from their candidates and he gets things done.   I don't have any doubt he'll get things done if he's elected.  I'm more concerned about which direction the loose cannon will go off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is essentially a guy without a real track record for governance? Or, real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done?

Trump is a salesman. He's not the guy who's done the management end of shit, at all--He's lined up the deals, and then relied on others to follow through to finish them. He's got no experience with something like the massive bureaucracy that exists in Washington, D.C., other than manipulating it to get what he wanted. Working within it, fixing it? He's got no prior history of that sort of work, unlike, say, Mitt Romney. Romney, given his performance getting the Olympics working in 2002, at least had some predictable past performance to base things off of. Trump? He's really a complete unknown. How he's going to do, being the guy running things? Nothing to base any real conclusions on...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#49]
lol...$$$$
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Trump is a salesman. He's not the guy who's done the management end of shit, at all--He's lined up the deals, and then relied on others to follow through to finish them. He's got no experience with something like the massive bureaucracy that exists in Washington, D.C., other than manipulating it to get what he wanted. Working within it, fixing it? He's got no prior history of that sort of work, unlike, say, Mitt Romney. Romney, given his performance getting the Olympics working in 2002, at least had some predictable past performance to base things off of. Trump? He's really a complete unknown. How he's going to do, being the guy running things? Nothing to base any real conclusions on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a Billionaire.  A smart man in his position doesn't run things himself.  He picks good people, delegates things to them and works with them to get the results he's after.   I think a businessman like that is exactly what we need if we're ever going to fix our screwed up / bloated bureaucracy, but I'm not sure Trump is the one we need to do it.   The way I see it is that we have very little to lose at this point.   Even if he's the wrong choice he won't be anywhere near as bad as Hillary, and he's far better than McCain, Romney and the other loser's we've had recently who would not fight.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top