Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I really enjoyed the statelite combat, and the inclusion of MAHEM, the x-37b. I can tell that the writer did his homework.

I did not enjoy, however, the brief air-combat scene.  

"The Flanker was a match for the Raptor on any given day and some believed it was a superior fighter..."
View Quote

Just, no.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Well done.  Very interesting story all the way through.  I enjoyed it very much and couldn't stop reading until finished.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the thing mates. As member of the West I am prone to favor American and Brit desgins. The comment on the Super Flanker being a match for the F-22 while it might be a bit of a stretch is a point of argument that the Ruskies like to make and I am game to give them their day in court especially when I'm trying to reflect their view in a story. The real test of course would be in the skies and I have little doubt about the outcome- but differences of opinion keep it interesting! Sorry if it put you off- grab a scotch and blame the author!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Read it and liked it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the read.

I was never able to get it to download for off line reading.  I scrolled through it online.
View Quote

There's a URL in the page source of link provided.  Safari shows a download button within the inline pdf view but it disappears to fast for me to use it.  Too lazy to switch over to another browser like chromespy.

http://www.ar15.com/content/samples/media/hunt-the-siberian.pdf
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Here is a ~120 page novella that we thought some of you might have an interest in. Ignore the "purchase" button in the link; the entire novella is available for free, exclusively on ARFCOM. Read it if you get a chance and let us know what you think!

View Quote

"You know I can't tell you that Mate."

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just finished reading it.  The first couple of lines about the burbling water made me think the story was going to be slow.  I kept with it and I really liked the story.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the name Gritsavage, but that was only a minor annoyance.  I agree with the earlier poster who said the character development was great for such a short story.  I also loved the development and story of the Ranger.  I did not expect the bear, that was quite the twist.

Good story, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Really enjoyed it, read it with my coffee the past two mornings. Content was great, you did your homework. I really enjoyed how you pitted the natural environment into the story as the deciding factor, it is a truth that many overlook when penning super hero-like protagonists. Writing these novellas will be a great warmup for your first full length! Looking forward to future offerings.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent story, thank you for the read. Could not put it down.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Excellent story, thank you for the read. Could not put it down.
View Quote

... Yep :-)
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I started and finished it, which not being a big read for entertainment person, means something.  I'm not a fan of the backward development/reverse chronology/back and forth, but this story didn't seem to take me to far away  from the action before it got me back.  That might be due to finding myself scanning and skimming those parts.  I could see myself reading another one of these, that's my .02
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks for the Free Read, I really liked the story and the characters.

It was a fairly easy read and enjoyable. And not overly technical.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you so much! That was a fantastic read. As others have noted, the character development is superb given the length of the story. I found the story to be very engaging and I was hooked by the end of page 2.

At the risk of being "that guy", I have one very minor nitpick about the sentence at the top of page 97 (96?) that reads "... the second President in history to authorize the use of thermonuclear weapons...".

Very technically, the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were single stage fission bombs. Thermonuclear weaponry refers to multistage fission / fusion devices, aka "H-bombs". So very technically, the President in the story would be the first President in history to authorize the release of thermonuclear weapons. Replacing "thermonuclear" with simply "nuclear" would remedy that supremely minor inconsistency.

Again, I'm not trying to be "that guy". I'm just offering some friendly critical feedback. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and I look forward to the next one!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thank you so much! That was a fantastic read. As others have noted, the character development is superb given the length of the story. I found the story to be very engaging and I was hooked by the end of page 2.

At the risk of being "that guy", I have one very minor nitpick about the sentence at the top of page 97 (96?) that reads "... the second President in history to authorize the use of thermonuclear weapons...".

Very technically, the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were single stage fission bombs. Thermonuclear weaponry refers to multistage fission / fusion devices, aka "H-bombs". So very technically, the President in the story would be the first President in history to authorize the release of thermonuclear weapons. Replacing "thermonuclear" with simply "nuclear" would remedy that supremely minor inconsistency.

Again, I'm not trying to be "that guy". I'm just offering some friendly critical feedback. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and I look forward to the next one!
View Quote

Hey thanks for the note mate! In the next addition I will correct that. Every "printing'  turns up minor errors. The second one is out as I am sure you saw. North of Kafiristan- and number three tentatively titled The Sixth Domain is in progress! Pass it around and we'll keep em coming! BDMG
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top