BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.  And there won't be, until it happens.  And in that moment you will understand that what kept you from belief was a flaw, and not a strength, a willful flaw inside of yourself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any actual physical evidence?

No.  And there won't be, until it happens.  And in that moment you will understand that what kept you from belief was a flaw, and not a strength, a willful flaw inside of yourself.

Seeking evidence is a flaw. Believe things with no evidence, that's the virtue. Forget about all those other religions that go by faith. Go with the one you were indoctrinated with. Just like those people of other contradictory religions. What a great way to get to truth. [/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That statement bears a striking resemblance to what I heard out of countless delusional patients.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That statement bears a striking resemblance to what I heard out of countless delusional patients.

OK.  Like I said--we'll all see, someday.  Or we won't.  My spirit and my mind remain convinced.  (Shrug).
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

I feel bad  that god has doomed 70% of the WORLDS population to hell.

Well I take that back even more  perhaps , Jehovah's witness , Mormons , ?

Will they be allowed in heaven?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ive already pleaded my alligence to Odin.

Valhalla sounds like my kinda afterlife.

View Quote

Valhalla is where warriors go to get fat and lazy.  Real warriors will spend eternity collecting skulls for The Skull Throne!

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I feel bad  that god has doomed 70% of the WORLDS population to hell
View Quote

Eternal hell is a big part of the reason i used to be atheist. I ended up going though demonic spiritual attack and it was terrifying. I never seen God or Jesus but i have my own proof that it's real now because i became a Christian and the demons that were attacking me stopped. The whole Christianity thing was a lot for me to take in but i found my answers about Hell (i experienced it one night) and it's not what most people think it is. $.02
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eternal hell is a big part of the reason i used to be atheist. I ended up going though demonic spiritual attack and it was terrifying. I never seen God or Jesus but i have my own proof that it's real now because i became a Christian and the demons that were attacking me stopped. The whole Christianity thing was a lot for me to take in but i found my answers about Hell (i experienced it one night) and it's not what most people think it is. $.02
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night Terrors
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No such thing as "eternal hell" you simply cease to exist...on any level, you are simply given what you asked for..separation from God.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Night Terrors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night Terrors

Thats what i kept trying to pass it off as but that was not it, it happened when i was awake too. It did attack me mostly in my sleep in the form of sleep paralysis but mine was not typical. It's a long story and not one i would have believed if i read it on the internet so im not going to bother but it did leave real life evidence and it was at that point i knew it was real. It predicted an event that happened before it happened (freaked me out because of the whole free will thing but thats another story all together). It pulled my blanket off one night and it did something else but im not going to talk about it because it was just a thing it did to make me realize i was on the right track.

I started looking into Near Death Experience accounts (the one that are not obvious BS) and it varies so much on what people experience. It didn't make sense as to why at the time but it now makes sense to me and it's just one of those you have to experience it to believe it things. But as for your relative friend who was a "good" person but died a non believer... I don't believe they are in an eternal hell they are probably just fine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A flaw. Thats laughable. I think that is the same logic that convinced people the world is flat and you'd fall off the end if you sailed too far. And the world was the center of the universe, and on and on.

No, I think the flaw is blindly accepting what you are told without any facts whatsoever to support the belief.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]

What kind of weak god can only have one son?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gifhttp://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

View Quote

God has not "doomed" anyone to hell.  It is sinful nature and absence of a personal relationship with Him that leads to hell.  In fact, God has done the exact opposite.  He sent His son, Jesus, to be a living earthly example of His love....to teach, to be a witness and testimony of God's love.  And then to die for us.  Jesus was ridiculed,  beaten, tortured and died in our place for our sin.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Those of you who claim you do not believe are denying the truth and lying to yourselves.

Search your heart, read the bible everything he said in the video can be found within it. Jesus is the only person who ever died and came back to life. He lived a sinless life and died for us, so that you may live, if you only believe in HIM!

Before Jesus returns the world will know who he is and everyone has a choice to make. If you go to hell it was your by choice.

Chose wisely, accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you, repent and turn from your sin.

If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing. If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything.

Our Father in heaven is a loving God and he leaves it up to us to love him or not. Our actions demonstrate weather we choose to love and honor God or not.

Again, repent, turn from sin, thank Jesus for what he did for you and live a life that honors God.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Valhalla is where warriors go to get fat and lazy.  Real warriors will spend eternity collecting skulls for The Skull Throne!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/33672585.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive already pleaded my alligence to Odin.

Valhalla sounds like my kinda afterlife.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/33672585.jpg

Meh, I'll stick with the stripper factory and beer volcano.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't pass Judgement.

All of my righteous works, added together, are just filthy rags before God.

My salvation is Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought we had  dedicated forum for the sort of thing?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
So he asked for evidence of existence and he got it? Wish God always made it that easy. Who needs faith?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is.

But GD answers get you banned.

I enjoy GD. But this will get locked very soon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A flaw. Thats laughable. I think that is the same logic that convinced people the world is flat and you'd fall off the end if you sailed too far. And the world was the center of the universe, and on and on.

No, I think the flaw is blindly accepting what you are told without any facts whatsoever to support the belief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other forms of "knowing" than the obvious ones you have (apparently) experienced.

Love (for example) is a form of "knowing".

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

John 10:27
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

why....looking for a "safe space?"
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a similar experience one night after a Machine Head concert
and we stopped at a Krispy Kreme on the way home........

But seriously, I believe him.  He speaks so vividly and passionately

about the experience that was definitely real to him.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So he asked for evidence of existence and he got it? Wish God always made it that easy. Who needs faith?
View Quote

I asked for a sign once and I got it in an overwhelming abundance to remove all doubt.

But, the experience could easily be dismissed by non-believers as coincidence.  

No, I'm not giving details.  Go find it on your own.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
That video is very sobering indeed.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Night Terrors

Thats what i kept trying to pass it off as but that was not it, it happened when i was awake too. It did attack me mostly in my sleep in the form of sleep paralysis but mine was not typical. It's a long story and not one i would have believed if i read it on the internet so im not going to bother but it did leave real life evidence and it was at that point i knew it was real. It predicted an event that happened before it happened (freaked me out because of the whole free will thing but thats another story all together). It pulled my blanket off one night and it did something else but im not going to talk about it because it was just a thing it did to make me realize i was on the right track.

I started looking into Near Death Experience accounts (the one that are not obvious BS) and it varies so much on what people experience. It didn't make sense as to why at the time but it now makes sense to me and it's just one of those you have to experience it to believe it things. But as for your relative friend who was a "good" person but died a non believer... I don't believe they are in an eternal hell they are probably just fine.
View Quote

If you have it in you to share, I would love to hear this story (in a Private message or an email if you choose).  Thank you in advance, and if you choose not to, that's okay too.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#25]
In this thread: people tout the existence of a being powerful enough to create the entire universe, and claim to understand the mindset, thought processes and desires of such a being.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Those of you who claim you do not believe are denying the truth and lying to yourselves. False, unprovable, and condescending. Nice.

Search your heart, read the bible everything he said in the video can be found within it. Jesus is the only person who ever died and came back to life. He lived a sinless life and died for us, so that you may live, if you only believe in HIM! Somebody rehashing what the bible says doesn't make it true.

Before Jesus returns the world will know who he is and everyone has a choice to make. If you go to hell it was your by choice. Ok. I choose not to go to hell, if it exists. Problem solved.

Chose wisely, accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you, repent and turn from your sin. But I like my sin! Wait.. what's my sin again?

If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing. If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything. Why does it always come back to Pascal's Wager?

Our Father in heaven is a loving God and he leaves it up to us to love him or not. Our actions demonstrate weather we choose to love and honor God or not. So loving he created Hell!

Again, repent, turn from sin, thank Jesus for what he did for you and live a life that honors God.

My life probably wouldn't upset God all that much to begin with.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

We do.

The OP is well aware of it, but he's been driven by the lord to prothletise to the heathens of GD.

So far his batting average of converts is abysmal....which is probably due to the fact that we all have the same tired information he's got and have long since rejected it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#28]
If any of you are so inclined take a look at Proverbs 1. Its not a long chapter.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/proverbs/1.htm

Here it is in plain english. http://biblehub.com/niv/proverbs/1.htm

I realize the guy and girl in the videos I posted are a little difficult to understand. One has a ghetto accent and the other one doesn't speak English very well.

They were videos I stumbled across and just thought I'd share them. Whether or not they are genuine is between them and God.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing. If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything.
View Quote

I always wince whenever somebody posts Pascal's wager. It's such a bad argument. If one so much as even scratches the surface, it's revealed as a bad argument.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Hindu Near-death experience

"This Hindu man died and went to the afterlife for a brief period. There he met with Lord Yamaraj, the receiver of the Dead where thay discovered that he was the wrong person to be brought to the afterlife. he gets sent back with some unusual body marks that remained on his body even after reviving."

Lee from China sees Buddha in his NDE

etc., etc., etc.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Utah...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GjkVWQ2Oik
View Quote

Man, what a bunch of cry babies. The little kid you can sort of expect it from, but Beck? Man he cries more than a toddler.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Those of you who claim you do not believe are denying the truth and lying to yourselves. How do you know it's the truth? Your parents told you? Your society told you? You believe based on faith, which is a bad way to get to truth. It's believing things without good evidence.

Search your heart, read the bible everything he said in the video can be found within it. Jesus is the only person who ever died and came back to life. He lived a sinless life and died for us, so that you may live, if you only believe in HIM!There are many people who are claimed to have died and came back to life. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection#Ancient_religions_in_the_Near_East

Before Jesus returns the world will know who he is and everyone has a choice to make. If you go to hell it was your by choice.Reaching conclusions without having good evidence is a bad way to get to truth. The only honest thing to do is wait until sufficient evidence is given. One shouldn't believe in an invisible teapot in the Andromeda galaxy until there's good evidence for it.

Chose wisely, accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you, repent and turn from your sin. I'm not (and you're not) responsible for a person eating an apple thousands/millions of years ago. People are outraged by the mere suggestion that they're responsible for their grandfather being a slave-owner but willingly accept that they're responsible for someone eating an apple thousands/millions of years ago and take on that "sin". You are responsible for yourself. Nobody can take on your "sins". Nobody can apologize to those you have hurt but you.

If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing. If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything.Pascal's wager. What about all the other religions where you are going to hell forever/punished? Does God take odds?

Our Father in heaven is a loving God and he leaves it up to us to love him or not. Our actions demonstrate weather we choose to love and honor God or not.God watches children get raped and does nothing even though he's all-powerful. That's not loving. If you saw a child getting raped, wouldn't you stop it? There's no freewill on the part of the victim. Is children getting raped just part of his mysterious loving master plan? Is God too busy curing people's kneepain?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No such thing as "eternal hell" you simply cease to exist...on any level, you are simply given what you asked for..separation from God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God, I do wish Christians would make up their collective mind. Is there a Hell, or isn't there? Sheesh.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Where's the hot teacher pic. Oh wrong thread
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

God has not "doomed" anyone to hell.  It is sinful nature and absence of a personal relationship with Him that leads to hell.  In fact, God has done the exact opposite.  He sent His son, Jesus, to be a living earthly example of His love....to teach, to be a witness and testimony of God's love.  And then to die for us.  Jesus was ridiculed,  beaten, tortured and died in our place for our sin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gifhttp://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

Which makes no sense whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you who claim you do not believe are denying the truth and lying to yourselves. False, unprovable, and condescending. Nice.

Search your heart, read the bible everything he said in the video can be found within it. Jesus is the only person who ever died and came back to life. He lived a sinless life and died for us, so that you may live, if you only believe in HIM! Somebody rehashing what the bible says doesn't make it true.

Before Jesus returns the world will know who he is and everyone has a choice to make. If you go to hell it was your by choice. Ok. I choose not to go to hell, if it exists. Problem solved.

Chose wisely, accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you, repent and turn from your sin. But I like my sin! Wait.. what's my sin again?

If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing. If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything. Why does it always come back to Pascal's Wager?

Our Father in heaven is a loving God and he leaves it up to us to love him or not. Our actions demonstrate weather we choose to love and honor God or not. So loving he created Hell!

My life probably wouldn't upset God all that much to begin with.

I'm open to Religion but I just don't see how these folks say this and then offer up no proof.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If I am wrong in what I believe I loose nothing.

Not true. You lose plenty, if it turns out you believe in and worship the wrong god.

If a non believer is wrong in what they believe they will loose everything.

Irrational statement. By definition, non-believers do not believe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm open to Religion but I just don't see how these folks say this and then offer up no proof.
View Quote

Faith is antithetical to evidence/"proof". Christians make a virtue of believing things without good evidence, because they don't have good evidence. They desperately want it though, and will dump faith in a second if they had good evidence (see them posting Christian near-death experiences, etc.). They know deep down that faith is a bad way to get to truth, they would throw faith out as a way to get to truth if they had good evidence (which they don't).
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#40]
The Scripture is clear that Hell exists.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our Father in heaven is a loving God and he leaves it up to us to love him or not. Our actions demonstrate weather we choose to love and honor God or not. God watches children get raped and does nothing even though he's all-powerful. That's not loving. If you saw a child getting raped, wouldn't you stop it? There's no freewill on the part of the victim. Is children getting raped just part of his mysterious loving master plan?

Well, God did murder untold numbers of children and babies as part of his plan, and he obviously does have power to prevent child rape, so it is reasonable to conclude that  kids being raped is indeed part of his plan.

It should be clear that what God really loves is seeing torture, killing, and destruction. He apparently also likes watching naked people, since he created Adam and Eve naked, even though nudity was shameful and evil.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Scripture is clear that Hell exists.
View Quote

Why do you take what Christian scriptures say as being true? You don't take the Hindu Vedas, Muslim Quran, Buddhist religious writings to be true, do you?

Apply the same critical thinking that you do onto other religions, onto your own.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That video is very sobering indeed.

View Quote

I thought so as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Someone please translate:

"Youse a pafomy!"  

The hell is this guy saying?
View Quote

You depart from me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

yeah....it's much better seeing threads about butt boils and assorted other nutroll threads.....right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a religion subforum so that we don't have to see this dumb shit

yeah....it's much better seeing threads about butt boils and assorted other nutroll threads.....right?

At least the butt boils are real.  

Not again.  Take the religion to the religion forum or enjoy the butt hurt, like that boil.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Nice blood sacrifice there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#48]

I realize this was written as a joke but this Priest is giving bad advice. Eskimo may have not known about God but knowing right from wrong (sin) is not something we need to be taught. It is already programmed into our conscience from birth.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my. Could be that some of us don't need the psychological crutch of religion, liberalism (religion), or concepts like believing in stuff to smooth and sooth the psyche(religion).

Also doesn't mean that someone as i have described doesn't believe in god either.

I don't think too many would consider a healthy psychology a ...flaw.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#50]
If what the dude in the video says is true, then the scripture believe and be baptized and you will be saved is a crock o shit.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top