Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2016 9:35:35 AM EDT
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-slammed-jewish-group-america-slogan/story?id=38762289&cid=abcn_fb

The phrase was originally used by a group called the America First Committee in the 1940s, which pushed to keep the U.S. out of World War II.

Donald Trump is being criticized by the Anti-Defamation League for repeating a slogan the group believes to be anti-Semitic.

The ADL has taken issue with Trump's use of the phrase "America First" to describe his approach to foreign policy.

The phrase was originally used by a group called the America First Committee in the 1940s, which pushed to keep the U.S. out of World War II.

A Look Back at Donald Trump's Tumultuous Relationship With Jewish Voters
Donald Trump Isn't the First American Politician to Put 'America First'
Trump's Foreign Policy Will Put 'America First'
The ADL released a statement Thursday saying that famed aviator Charles Lindbergh, one of the best-known supporters of the committee, sympathized with the Nazis.

"The undercurrents of anti-Semitism and bigotry that characterized the America First movement – including the assumption that Jews who opposed the movement had their own agenda and were not acting in America’s best interest – is fortunately not a major concern today," ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a statement.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Butthurt is reaching critical levels
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm Jewish and I am ok with it.

Trump 2016
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
ADL had to give back 56K in donations from trump.

lulz.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm always amazed, that American Jews are against those who support them the most, and FOR those who would rejoice in their destruction.  .

God called them a "hard headed people" in the Bible for a reason...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The Jews want Izzy-land first.  'Murica first!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
This Jew doesn't give a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I was born Jewish and raised Jewish.....so I say this from the bottom of my heart;

Todays modern American Jew can fuck the fucking fuck off.

My Russian grandfather, who was a real Jew that fled the communist while they were taking over Russia, is spinning in his grave with rage at the state of the modern American Jewish culture.

He would spit in their faces.

I hang my head in shame and renounced Judaism years ago over the liberal state of the Jewish culture in this country.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Aren't the Democrats for bulldozing Israel and giving it to the Palestinians? Maybe these guys should STFU, before their worst nightmare comes true...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I knew there were groups here that had a political and financial stake in keeping segments of our country like a third world country, but to what benefit Isreal if the libs stay in power here?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Weird? I don't recall ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt being upset when Obama:

Obama rushed headlong into what is almost universally regarded by astute, adult foreign policy experts as an Iran nuclear deal that will actually provide all the cover Tehran needs to continue its pursuit of weapons of mass destruction, which it has consistently threatened to use to obliterate Israel – the one and only Jewish state.

Obama’s anti-Israel bent has been palpable since his first full day in office – Jan. 21, 2009 – when he gathered his new national-security team in the Oval Office and laid out a tough new policy toward Israel. Central to his strategy was pressuring Israel – the one and only Jewish state – to make whatever accommodations were necessary to accommodate the so-called “Palestinian grievances.”

Obama used taxpayer money, his own political operatives and a nonprofit front group to interfere in the recent Israeli election, specifically with the intent of toppling Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister. It was an unprecedented move against an America ally, arguably an impeachable offense, a criminal misappropriation of government funds and, thankfully, a complete failure, like most of Obama’s foreign misadventures. It’s also prima facie evidence of Obama’s hatred of Israel – the one and only Jewish state.

Then came Obama’s even more famous call for a return to Israel’s pre-1967 borders – which more accurately should be termed “Auschwitz borders.” Did I mention Israel is the one and only Jewish state?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
More cry babies
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Of course. Can't have any candidate expressing pride or love for their own country without someone scratching up a way to get offended.

I am sure it would be much better if he said how bad and wrong his country has been and promised to go around the world apologizing to everyone else once elected.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Hahaha, and the Obama, blatantly Communist, "Forward" campaign of 2012....How many Jews did Americans kill and imprison versus Soviets and other Commie regimes.

Fuck them, JINOs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Charles Lindbergh died 42 years ago...... This shit is out of control
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was born Jewish and raised Jewish.....so I say this from the bottom of my heart;

My Russian grandfather, who was a real Jew that fled the communist while they were taking over Russia, is spinning in his grave with rage at the state of the modern American Jewish culture.

I hang my head in shame and renounced Judaism years ago over the liberal state of the Jewish culture in this country.
View Quote

Judaism has little to do with the Jews on the left. The vast majority of Jews in this country identify as atheist and leftist.

The minority of Jews who are religious are, unsurprisingly, conservative. This Ben Shapiro video explains it:

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#18]
The ADL doesn't have much credibility, it's nothing but a politically partisan organization. No one cares what they say about anything.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Judaism has little to do with the Jews on the left. The vast majority of Jews in this country identify as atheist and leftist.

The minority of Jews who are religious are, unsurprisingly, conservative. This Ben Shapiro video explains it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5IqH7oJ9h4

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5IqH7oJ9h4

Thanks for the video...  It explains things nicely.  It also gives explanation to the term used in one of the posts above - "JINO".  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I am pretty OK with it.
Our foreign entanglements have been SO productive.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Yet they support dear leader and his deal with the devil, Iran.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Someone explain to me how it's anti-semitic?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck Israel. Fuck everybody.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Communists hate anti communists just like they hated Senator Joe McCarthy....

They make counter accusations using emotionally charged epithets.

Trump's son in law is Jewish ...Trumps daughter converted to Judaism....Trump has made his pilgrimage to the "Holy Land" and gotten the blessing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Struggling to remember how Israel or any Jews personally helped me or my country in any way.  

Not a Jew hater, just ambivalent to their existence or well being.  

America First.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#27]
jewish and dont really see this as a anti jewish slogan..........checking...... yep still jewish........america first. its time to end all aid to all countries around the world. its time to stop paying for a un regime that clearly anti american. its time to start manufacturing things here that get used here and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]
IIRC it was the ADL's Foxman who once said that if a goyim uses the word goyim it's anti Semetic...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm Jewish and I am ok with it.

Trump 2016
View Quote

+87 matzah balls
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Struggling to remember how Israel or any Jews personally helped me or my country in any way.  

America First.
View Quote

How did they help you?  Israel was the proving ground for our latest and greatest weapons and war planes during the 1967 and 1973 wars.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, it's the ADL. They're jewish in origin only and they're a long ways from their origin now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#32]
America First, Last & Always.

God those ADL folks are boring ninnies sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

America First.
View Quote

Well, you know we control the media, right?
You know those little subscription cards that fall out of magazines when you read them?
Well, if it wasn't for us, there would be twice as many.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How did they help you?  Israel was the proving ground for our latest and greatest weapons and war planes during the 1967 and 1973 wars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

America First.

Jewish contributions to america and the world in general in science and medicine alone kinda renders his comment absolutely fucking insane.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Jewish contributions to america and the world in general in science and medicine alone kinda renders his comment absolutely fucking insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

America First.

I contribute $25 dollars a year to this farshtunken web site... so there's that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#36]
This was predicted last week. Because it was predicted, it was expected. Because it was expected, it is only a moment. This group can go stick their dicks in the closest light socket.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I contribute $25 dollars a year to this farshtunken web site... so there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

America First.

I am never paying for my membership again.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Ben Shapiro is Israel-First
They get a wall, we do not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#40]
This Jew calls bullshit.  Nothing Trump has said is racist, some people need the feels gunge adjusted very badly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This Jew calls bullshit.  Nothing Trump has said is racist, some people need the feels gunge adjusted very badly.
View Quote

This...Have not heard anything anti semitic from the Don.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't heard anti-anything.  People just take what he says however they want to.

All the racist bullshit and protestors are all paid shills, for those that oppose trump. They know he will fix what is wrong with the country, and it will affect their pockets deeply.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Every candidate on the left is anti American, so there is that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Every candidate on the left is anti American, so there is that.
View Quote

The Don should be saying Hillary is anti American.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That, in spades.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Charles Lindbergh died 42 years ago...... This shit is out of control
View Quote

They hate America.

And I highly doubt Lindbergh knew about the death camps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Wonder what they said about the immigration policies as of late.

ETA:  As much as I think Michael Savage is a self centered, blithering idiot, he predicted this would happen early on last week.  Listen only because he is the only conservative show in town during my 2hr commute home.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Idiots.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Worst Election Ever
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Six million Jews died. It would have been more if the U.S. hadn't become involved is the theory (and rightly so with only an estimated 3 million survivors) I'm speculating.

But it is all hindsight. Out of context. The moral outrage is from knowing something now that wasn't known then.

BTW the majority of the death camp work was done from 1942 to 1943 IIRC (within a 1.5 yr period). A lot of them were dismantled and covered up before the war turned on Hitler....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top