Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anthony Scalia thought that such STATE LEVEL restrictions were constitutional.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only a complete idiot would think that is constitutional in any way shape or form  Can kalifornia secede, I wouldn't fight to keep them

Anthony Scalia thought that such STATE LEVEL restrictions were constitutional.

And they are, if we're going to be honest about what the 14th Amendment says and does.  The wording, original understanding and intent, and legislative history does not lend itself well to the support of incorporation doctrine.  I was never entirely sure of Scalia's true beliefs on such matters, though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
10/30 mags still good, I imagine?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Immigration did this. California was a thoroughly Republican state before Reagan's amnesty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The plan to break up California into 6 states needs to happen.

Give the libtards the big hellhole cities and give the good folks freedom again.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A beautiful state with loads of shitty people. I'll be ready to leave when I graduate.
View Quote

It almost seems worth it to take time off school, put your loans in deferment, establish residency in a free state, transfer your credits and finish somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Immigration did this. California was a thoroughly Republican state before Reagan's amnesty.
View Quote

First it was the migration of mostly Leftist people from the Midwest and Northeast. They started affecting things here before the Mexicans could have a big political impact. The Mexican effect came later. SCOTUS also played a big role during the Warren days, especially via the Reapportionment Cases.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:41:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Give the libtards the big hellhole cities and give the good folks freedom again.

View Quote

Restoring our old Senate arrangement and some State level federalism, plus requiring a double majority a la Swiss plebiscites would go a huge way towards making the system better, without breaking up the State.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The initiative will be defeated in the election by a substantial margin.  People here almost never vote for tax increases or anything else that could cost them money, other than the idiots they keep electing.

Gavin Newsom's cronies put it up just to get press for his upcoming run for governor.  It's a laundry list of crap that is too radical even for the legislature to pass, and things that Moonbeam has vetoed.

Several million dollars were spent gathering signatures.  I was hoping that someone would ask me to sign it, but that never happened.  
View Quote

I wish I could share your optimism.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
How California goes, so does the rest of the nation.....not at the federal level but in local and state initiatives such as this one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How California goes, so does the rest of the nation.....not at the federal level but in local and state initiatives such as this one.
View Quote

This is the first gun related ballot initiative I can remover in California. I think they to the idea from Oregon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gavin Newsroom's ballot initiative to require ammo purchase permits, and ban the simple possession of magazines holding over 10 rounds, has enough signatures to qualify for the November ballot. Idiot California voters are very likely to approve it.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-poli-lt-gov-newsom-says-he-has-enough-signatures-for-1461883858-htmlstory.html
View Quote

ill be surprised if they don't approve every bit of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is the first gun related ballot initiative I can remover in California. I think they to the idea from Oregon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep thinking that they tried once or twice in the past,, but couldn't get anything on the ballot before.  A lot of the stuff in the initiative and then some is in the legislature and I believe most or all of it made it out of committee.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

And add 10 more leftist senators? No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Wall off that cesspool of a state.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kommiefornia has been a lost cause for a long long time

True, and ditto Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey in many respects.

The question we need to be asking ourselves is "how do we keep the disease from spreading?"

Shut down 90% of universities for one

We could also stop giving gun grabbers $$$$.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1848675_Meet_the_California_Senate_Candidate_that_Donald_J_Trump_supports_.html

BURNNNNN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea would be to add two leftist senators and four conservatives.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I like rope.  

I like lampposts.

Not all that favorable towards Politicians.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The question we need to be asking ourselves is "how do we keep the disease from spreading?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well 8 of 50 states have some sort of excessive arbitrary restrictions. That's 16% so far. If 16% of your body was infected,would you say that the disease has already spread?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#20]
What else can they liberal CA complain about ? If they cant talk guns ,racism, LBGT what have they got ? Not a fucking thing . They can go fuck themselves . COC prevents anything further.

Edit  Spelling
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of us know the answer to the obvious question
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Only a complete idiot would think that is constitutional in any way shape or form  Can kalifornia secede, I wouldn't fight to keep them
View Quote

Antonin Scalia agrees with you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

For anyone who cares, California had a full handgun ban on the ballots back in the 1980's there is even a file on that little ballot misadventure at the NRAHQ. Some of the information might actually be in the interwebs. Here is some information about Prop. 15. California may now be lost but it was not always so.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the voting libtards of CA will happily vote to shit in the U.S. Constitution.
View Quote

They thought the same think back in 1982, then Prop 15 failed. I still have some hope for my friends and family who live there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Break it up into two states, Jefferson and kommieland.  Then lets see.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Break it up into two states, Jefferson and kommieland.  Then lets see.  

Fuck that, that just creates two more Liberal US senators.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

No no and fuck no.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow only takes 600k voters to make a decision in comifornia? Something is fucked up right there. Those 600k voters are all of the Scientologist there and not the people that live in the state. Hell 600k is how much of a percentage of LA? This just adds t a reason to never fucking move there.

ETA: Any theft of a firearm should be a felony no matter the price.
View Quote

I wonder if all 600K are sucking O2, they may have used a lot of "voters" to get that number.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Restoring our old Senate arrangement and some State level federalism, plus requiring a double majority a la Swiss plebiscites would go a huge way towards making the system better, without breaking up the State.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have a medical marijuana card, either that or you living in a fairy tale.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Once again: I don't suggest an insurgency, but I'd understand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOOO., Prop 15 in California in 1982.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#31]
If an initiative doesn't test at 65% before it hits (qualifies for) the ballot it usually fails.

A friend who worked on initiatives in CA told me this.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Something foul, wretched, and wicked this way comes.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If an initiative doesn't test at 65% before it hits the ballot it usually fails.

A friend who worked on initiatives in CA told me this.
View Quote

This year has been a year of firsts all across the country.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Better we get a chance to vote against it then legislators forcing it upon us like everything else. Hopefully it fails big time, sending a message. If not, time to pack my bags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As noted by lostnswv there was an initiative to register all handguns (aimed at pre-1968 guns because we've had handgun registration since then) and to ban new ones as of a certain date - Proposition 15 on the 1982 November ballot.
It was defeated 62.8% to 37.2%.
https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_15,_Handgun_Registration_Initiative_%281982%29

For the Voter Information on that one, start at page 59 at http://repository.uchastings.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1916&context=ca_ballot_props

That is why I am optimistic about the chances for defeating the mish-mash initiative this year.
There will be some people who would happily ban detachable-magazine semiautomatics, but some of them will be put off by the ammunition purchase restrictions and license requirement.
If EVERY SINGLE PERSON who owns a legal, grandfathered >10 round magazine just gets out and votes NO, that alone could be enough to take it down.  There are millions of us.
Even people who ILLEGALLY own >10 rounders should be motivated to vote NO, because the initiative would make it a crime to possess them.  Now it's very difficult to get charged with anything, because of the fact that legal ones exist.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My aura smiles and never frowns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am Governor Jerry Brown

My aura smiles and never frowns.

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]

I agree. Getting all the leftists to move back East is a good idea.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#39]
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......CA deserves exactly what they're getting.  Liberal fucks.  If every eligible voter would register and vote, maybe change could come.  Too many people think their vote doesn't matter.  Now, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to buy 10 more PSA $6.99 30 round AR mags from the email I just got from them.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......CA deserves exactly what they're getting.  Liberal fucks.  If every eligible voter would register and vote, maybe change could come.  Too many people think their vote doesn't matter.  Now, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to buy 10 more PSA $6.99 30 round AR mags from the email I just got from them.  
View Quote

Why are you happy fellow gun owners have the possibility of getting screwed?

Its like you are glad about this.

I care about your gun rights as much as you care about mine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buy it while you can before the initiative from California makes it's way up north.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Another gun grabber supported by Diddlin' Donald!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Guess what he's doing !
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Are California Latino voters pro-RKBA?  

What else is on the ballot?  No doubt something urgent to get Democrats to the voting booth, and while they're voting will vote anti-RKBA.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/04/25/democrats-have-surge-in-voter-registration-in-california/
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ivanka Trump supports Newsom
View Quote

You don't understand how business works.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You must have a medical marijuana card, either that or you living in a fairy tale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said it was even remotely feasible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Are California Latino voters pro-RKBA?  

What else is on the ballot?  No doubt something urgent to get Democrats to the voting booth, and while they're voting will vote anti-RKBA.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/04/25/democrats-have-surge-in-voter-registration-in-california/
View Quote

We now give illegals drivers licenses.
We have "motor voter" that allows for voter registration when a DL is issued.

Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top