Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty much on my own again these days, my son is 19, independent and extroverted.

I'm naturally an introvert, I truly enjoy being alone, being around other people is exhausting. I made myself miserable for years trying to be something I'm not, tried to drink it away, etc. I just wake up everyday now and do what makes me happy, it's really that simple. If being alone makes you happy then do that, if being around other people makes you happy then do that. If nothing makes you happy, then maybe go talk to someone about that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Being single has moments where it sucks.

Not having kids but being in a relationship is where it's at for me.....that is....If your partner has similar goals and is willing to carry her weight.

View Quote

I'm with him. ^^^

I have a great girlfriend, someone I'll very likely marry.

Neither of us really want kids at this point. Possibly in the past its crossed our minds, but we're doing great as it is and see very little reason to add children to the landscape.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Go get a dog.
View Quote

And bang single people until you find one that blows your skirt up
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Traveling solo is a lot of fun. .
View Quote

It is actually the only way to fly. It forces you to seek out things you would not if you are traveling with someone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]
My life would be incredibly empty without my kids.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys taking about divorced women (with no kids) and how rare they are make me realize why I get some of the offhanded comments on dates that I do.

I've had men gape at the house I live in, comments about furnishing it, about how they "don't believe" I do all my own yard work...a few have asked if there was something wrong with my reproductive parts.  

Must be a lot of crazy shit out there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah, that money will be real warm when you're old and infirm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, that money will be real warm when you're old and infirm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

only Retards think your kids are going to be there to help.

They have their own lives to lead.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those comments always make me laugh.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  My parents' kids were there for them.  Maybe you just weren't raised right.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, saw plenty of folks with kids wasting away alone on the cancer ward of the hospital I worked at.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Me too, saw plenty of folks with kids wasting away alone on the cancer ward of the hospital I worked at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was a parent, I just couldn't imagine how heartbreaking that would be to be abandoned by your kids in your darkest hours.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]
"This is what it feels like when you don't have love,
it's like there's a party going on and everyone was invited,
except for you. And you just happen to be walking by that house,
in the rain ...

"Ohh. I wasn't invited to this party."

That's what that feels like. But then again, once you're in love,
you know what that's like?

That's like being inside the party going,
"Where's my jacket? I wanna get out of here. Where's my jacket?
I've been at this party for six years and I wanna see other parties."
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
find a nice woman and fuck her or get some dogs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is interesting how some of us think alike in so many ways. I was going to post nearly the exact same question.

I would rather have my finances in order before I start having kids, but I'm afraid the older I get the less likely I'll be able to find a suitable mate who was born female. I couldn't imaging being my dad if I wasn't around. That's what scares me the most.
View Quote

Yeah, after my sister's kids graduated college and being 'grandpa' became an empty job, my dad just kind of faded. It breaks my heart I never got married and had kids. Wasn't rich enough or "cool" enough.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go get a dog.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would definitely suck to have a shitty family.

My grandparents are awash in kids and grandkids and great grandkids. Have plenty of money as well. They have a pretty damn good quality of life for being in their late 80's. Guess they did something right.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Get tired of what?

Being able to spend my entire paycheck on myself?

Deciding I want to go somewhere, packing a bag, and going?

Not having to listen to bitching?

No shitty diapers?

Watching whatever I want on TV, whenever I want?

Sleeping as long as I want because I'm tired from working a 12, 16, or 20 hour shift?

Not being stuck with some terrible bitch of a woman because she grew into a different person after getting married?

If you haven't figured it out yet... no, I'm not tired of it. I've been with the same girlfriend for 2.5 years now, I don't want to get married, and I don't want any kids. I made that clear from the beginning.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been married twice and no kids.  First wife wanted kids, but we weren't financially ready.  I guess she wanted them real bad since that was pretty much what led up to our divorce.  Current wife is fixed, so no kids.  Been together for 10 years now and we are perfect for each other.  If I had any kids there is no way I would have as many toys and be able to spoil us with great vacations.  I lack patience, so if I start to think about maybe messing up about not having children I go to my brothers house.  He has 4 in between 2 and 5.  When I go there it usually turns into a riot zone, but that may be my fault.  I get them all riled up since I can leave, lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Go get a dog.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]
ill be 30 next week

im single and no kids
I enjoy doing whatever I want, buying what I want, eating what I want, saving however much I want.
If I take a notion to do something then i'll go do it. I dont have to check in or ask for permission to buy a new gun if I want one.

the freedom is nice, but at the same time there are times when it would be cool to just sit around on the couch and watch a movie with someone I enjoy
and getting laid anytime I want (which I hear is a myth for some married couples).
But with that comes bitching and dealing with twice as many problems (if she has a problem it becomes yours too).

Either way i'll take it in stride.
Kick back drink a beer im here for the ride until im gone.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#24]
You can also be stuck in a limbo, where you have all the freedom that being single provides but you seek a normal relationship.

Such is my case where I wouldn't have a relationship with most of the girls I date but when I find one I really like, she is a cheater.  Not just the cheater that sleeps with other guys, but the type of cheater that will play with the little feelings I have left.  Shame on me for even giving this last one a chance.  She has two kids by two guys, she was only married to one of those guys.  But I overlooked all that and some more.  

I have to deal with liars at work and my personal life.  I still need to count my blessings that none of these women were able to trap me with a kid or marriage.  But nowadays I wouldn't trust any woman in her thirties that is single for anything serious.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Been waiting a year for you to ask that question. I don’t mean to rant, but no more sugar coating, beating around the bush, or walking on eggshells.

Depression.

“I’m not super ‘happy,’ but there is also nothing in my life to be ‘sad’ about either” ?<----------- that is depression.

“I have a whole list of things to do today, but no reason to do them.” ?<------------- that is depression.

“I’m ok where I’m at, would like more, but I have a good life as-is.” ?<------------ that is depression.

People who say things like this are all highlighting the same thing, lack of passion. Depression blocks the awesome rewards of intimacy, too.

Getting out of depression for men is usually done through a career-reevaluation. What we do for work need not change the world, but must resonate within our hearts; our inner being. Otherwise it is soul-sucking.

Only after someone is not depressed, are they truly available for a healthy romantic, monogamous relationship. A relationships of two people already happy, who overflow on to one another. Not two people who try to get the other one to fill them up in the first place.

Only after that, should two people have children. Otherwise, the children pick up on the idea that a significant other is supposed to make someone whole; when in reality the two people are already whole and overflowing with love, simply sharing and adding to each others’ lives.

Kids should be borne out of love, not “time running out.”

Being alone 100% outside of work is not “mostly great,” it’s emotionally suppressive and backwards from our relational nature. When we are alone, life is way too easy. It’s too easy to rationalize and intellectualize feelings and emotions. We become a shell of a person, unconnected from others.

Not having romantic relationships is even worse. “I’m just going to live alone because it’s too difficult…” This approach destroys the light inside someone. The things that are most difficult and make us human surface only when we get close enough to a significant other to rise from our dark abyss.

OP- When alone, over time, we rationalize and intellectualize all our feelings away. Then we wake up and say, “Fuck! Time is running out!” yet have no clue of what to do next. IM me for an idea of what action to take next if this sounds close.
View Quote

You seem to want to justify your inability to understand something you can't relate to.

Being single is great.... for me.

My job has me meeting hundreds of new people a year, including young international women who throw themselves at you.

I had a wife who didn't trust me at all, and every night I would wonder why she couldn't just trust me. Every night I worked late I would come home to her yelling at me because she thought I was cheating on her with these women.

The truth is that I never even considered cheating on her.

I just got tired of coming home to that shit after a long day where all I wanted to do was be with HER.

I separated from her because work was stressful, and she made life outside of work stressful.

I just got the fuck out of there, and life got better.

I have friends all over the world, and I visit them every year. I value this. I couldn't possibly do this if I wasn't single.

And now I bang all those young international women who throw themselves at me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, since this thread seems to be like the Energizer Bunny, and I keep seeing it at the top of my subscription list, I'm going to rant..

All of you single selfish assholes who say how great your lives are - one of the reasons this country is going to shit is because of you.  This country needs more people who are moral, respectful, honorable, pro 2A and smart.  If you have a good-paying job, then it's your duty to your country to produce offspring with the same values.  As Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  This country needs to see an increase in birth rates.  My wife and I have a combined IQ well north of 300.  At the risk of sounding arrogant, we felt like it was our moral duty, for the benefit of society, to have children.  

I make a ton of money (top 3% of income earners, according to IRS numbers).  If we didn't have kids, we'd have two or three homes, super-nice cars, and probably a boat and an RV.  Instead, we raised three beautiful, smart children, and now I'm going to spend $750,000 educating them in college, and I'm ok with that.  My oldest is starting at Rensselaer in the fall ($68k a year).  My youngest is the smartest, and he'll probably end up attending an Ivy League school.  My children will become productive, valuable members of society that will contribute to the greater good.  Politics aside, this country especially needs more smart people.  If you've never watched "Idiocracy," you should watch it.  Now.  We're rocketing in that direction.

My wife went to Harvard.  Her five roommates all married Harvard graduates, and those combined ten Harvard graduates have a total of 6 kids.  That's a shame.

Take your selfish asses out, find a decent woman (or man) and start a fucking family.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself if you're divorced.  Shit happens.  Get over it.  Get back in the saddle and find someone else.  If everyone in your area is batshit crazy (like, say Long Island), then move to where people are more normal.  

If you think your life is great being single, well, that's just swell.  You're putting your own pleasure and satisfaction ahead of what's good for our society.  Thank you for contributing to the demise of the greatest country civilization has ever seen.  Enjoy your fucking toys and your money.  Keep fiddling while Rome burns.  Make your life count for something.  In the end, we all end up in a box.  But I will live on in what I've taught my kids and grandkids.  That's what a real man does.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok, since this thread seems to be like the Energizer Bunny, and I keep seeing it at the top of my subscription list, I'm going to rant..

All of you single selfish assholes who say how great your lives are - one of the reasons this country is going to shit is because of you.  This country needs more people who are moral, respectful, honorable, pro 2A and smart.  If you have a good-paying job, then it's your duty to your country to produce offspring with the same values.  As Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  This country needs to see an increase in birth rates.  My wife and I have a combined IQ well north of 300.  At the risk of sounding arrogant, we felt like it was our moral duty, for the benefit of society, to have children.  

I make a ton of money (top 3% of income earners, according to IRS numbers).  If we didn't have kids, we'd have two or three homes, super-nice cars, and probably a boat and an RV.  Instead, we raised three beautiful, smart children, and now I'm going to spend $750,000 educating them in college, and I'm ok with that.  My oldest is starting at Rensselaer in the fall ($68k a year).  My youngest is the smartest, and he'll probably end up attending an Ivy League school.  My children will become productive, valuable members of society that will contribute to the greater good.  Politics aside, this country especially needs more smart people.  If you've never watched "Idiocracy," you should watch it.  Now.  We're rocketing in that direction.

My wife went to Harvard.  Her five roommates all married Harvard graduates, and those combined ten Harvard graduates have a total of 6 kids.  That's a shame.

Take your selfish asses out, find a decent woman (or man) and start a fucking family.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself if you're divorced.  Shit happens.  Get over it.  Get back in the saddle and find someone else.  If everyone in your area is batshit crazy (like, say Long Island), then move to where people are more normal.  

If you think your life is great being single, well, that's just swell.  You're putting your own pleasure and satisfaction ahead of what's good for our society.  Thank you for contributing to the demise of the greatest country civilization has ever seen.  Enjoy your fucking toys and your money.  Keep fiddling while Rome burns.  Make your life count for something.  In the end, we all end up in a box.  But I will live on in what I've taught my kids and grandkids.  That's what a real man does.
View Quote

I have been trying to find a nice woman to start a family with.  The nice ones are either taken, unavailable, don't like me, or I don't like them.  I meet women that I think are decent, only for them to prove me wrong later.  Not every single guy in this thread is happy with their situation.  I would kill to have a woman that I was in love with and she was my best friend, but those cards were not handed to some of us.  Enjoy your wonderful family.  You deserve it!  Maybe some day I'll get that....
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top