Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck! Abu Hajar! Use paragraphs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since the 90s, Jihadist assault tactics have evolved but are starting to become standardized.

Enemy strong points are first attacked by a suicide VBIED, often in succession. These are done similar to how artillery or CAS prep fires are used to create a breach. They are followed up by mechanized forces, technicals, field expedient uparmored vehicles (usually grossly underpowered), or captured vehicles (M1114 humvees, M113, and BMPs being the most available). Sometimes, depending on the distance from the assembly area, line of departure, release points, etc., to the objective, they might be dismounted and supported by gun trucks, other times they don't dismount until coming to or passing the breach. In this attack Hadji clearly planned to use an uparmored suicide VBIED to hit the target first to soften it, which appears to be a raised dirt fighting position in the Kurdish line. The fate of the SVBIED is unclear. During the short approach one of the APCs in the assault force is hit by what appears to be a guided missile (1:59) coming from the 2 o'clock. This is either from a Kurdish supporting position or else the direction of attack was off quite a bit, a possibility considering the clusterfuck nature of this operation. The guys inside the POV vehicle are fighting in the traditional three man hunter kill team, created during the Chechan War. Traditionally formed as a MG gunner, RPG gunner, and other guy who sometimes carries a sniper/DM rifle, other times assuming the role as the team leader, supporting other weapons in the team. As plainly visible, these men had never before carried out a mechanized attack of the type demonstrated; nothing is organized, the RPG gunner isn't properly supported or positioned, the MG gunner is misplaced and pretty clueless as to what his role is (sometimes he shoots, other times he doesn't, all while exposing himself to direct SAF). It wouldn't surprise me if this group of men had never actually fought together in a cohesive group before attempting this attack. Ad hoc, cobbled together, force structure, especially at the small unit level, is the rule for forces like ISIS. The plan seems to have been rehearsed with rock drills only, no actual physical walk through being done. Individual team members clearly didn't perform any sort of rehearsals themselves or training or prep/staging their equipment. This is evident by the confusion and chaos inside the vehicle as the men argue and bicker over positioning, MG ejection, locating and loading spare ammo/munitions. They seem to have a rough idea of how they were going to attack, as if they talked it out, but clearly they didn't actually work through it, nothing was where it should be, nobody was doing what they were supposed to. The knucklehead who shot the RPG should have known to lean out to the side, to stick the exhaust cone over the ass end of the truck, to avoid backblast coming back inside the vehicle. They should have rehearsed loading their grenade launcher and lighting the fuze, it was shot without the fuze apparently actually lit. At 3:24, after RPG scorches the inside of his truck and concusses his teammates, while missing the target, you can see another APC burning, at 7-8 o'clock. possibly the one from earlier that ate the ATGM. Soon after, the POV truck is also hit. The rolling is an entertaining form of IMT, the men being either too lazy or wounded to crawl away while exposing the least amount of silhouette, instead they chose to roll perpendicular to the angle of fire.
Considering they were attacking what appears to be an elevated and well defended fighting position with a huge field of fire, crossing miles of desert in open sight, in broad daylight, without any sort of smoke obscurance, I can't see how this would have succeeded without sufficient arty, mortar, or 107mm rocket support to suppress the objective long enough to be hit by the initial SVBIED attack and followed up by the mech infantry attack, a sort of approach that involves a level of cooridination ISIS, or most other local combatants are apparently unable to achieve. Arabs and other tribal cultures are natural raiders, that concept is still a defining aspect of the military traditions, speed, surprise, and violence and bravery during small scale pre-planned attacks. But combined arms support is largely beyond their ability to comprehend or implement. I would also add that there appears to be no radio communication between the assault force vehicles, especially at the end when they came to the assault position. Use of hand held ICOM radios by small unit leaders is a hall mark of ISIS and other militia style forces indiginous to the ME, that a mech force would lack it is as telling as the participants failure to execute basic soldiering skills.

Guderian and Rommel would have approved of the overall concept, but not the execution. TPU? These guys are Untrained. FAIL

Fuck! Abu Hajar! Use paragraphs.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw another documentary, that exact suicide truck got destroyed by US special forces that were assisting indigenous forces...

so if your suicide mission is unsuccessful, do you not get the virgins?

here it is.... but not the same truck.. though they must have suicide bomb truck specifictions in ISIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4YRiJM-BLw
View Quote

lol at the dumb fuck claiming he hit it with an rpg.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I cannot have been the only person to have seen "The In-Laws."

"No!  Serpentine!  Serpentine!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Roll away!!! Roll away!!!

I cannot have been the only person to have seen "The In-Laws."

"No!  Serpentine!  Serpentine!"

What a fantastic movie.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Since the 90s, Jihadist assault tactics have evolved but are starting to become standardized.

snip

Guderian and Rommel would have approved of the overall concept, but not the execution. TPU? These guys are Untrained. FAIL
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seems Abdullah is the ISIS version of Gomer Pyle
View Quote

You mean, Carl.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Praising God the whole time.  Ignorant fuckers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Praising god and cussing Abu all in the same breath!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#7]
What's with the dramatic music at the end?

Benny Hill would see more appropriate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF??? the 3 stooges join isis

"wheres my magazine"

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What's with the dramatic music at the end?

Benny Hill would see more appropriate.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Abu Hajar! Needs to be some sort of new Arfcomism.

You know, like, "you really Abu Hajar'd that up"!  

Or, "Hey, Abu Hajar, get back in your lane"!

Or, "What's that 16'r posting about anyway"? "I don't know, he's some kind of Abu Hajar."

Let's here yours!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its the freaking Three Stooges.
View Quote

I posted the same thing on Facebook. I'm surprised they didn't blow themselves up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
In case of fire, stop, drop, and roll.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the HESCO Slat Armor
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#14]
These rants they give with the wagging fingers, reminds me of the WWF shit talk sessions
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh god, the guy rolling along the ground.   Fuck ISIS.
View Quote

Goddammit Abu.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And today I learned that Abu is Arabic for Leroy.  
View Quote

Abu is a fuck-up's fuck-up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f9/Dukes102-bow1.jpg/500px-Dukes102-bow1.jpg
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Video wouldn't load for me.

Were they running around yelling Abu Jenkins or something?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAAAAABBUUUUUU HHAAAAAAAAAJJAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Curly, Moe and Abu Hajaar...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaabuuuuuu Hajaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaabuuuuuu Hajaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Golf clap
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#23]
That was a clown circus.  The bad thing is that they beat the crap out of the Iraqis last year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Worst Brodozer ever.
View Quote

I believe that qualifies as a kill dozer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No shit. We're supposed to be scared of these guys? I guess they're only a threat to unarmed women and children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that dude got pissed from getting hit by brass.  Not sure what he expected setting up right next to the guy with a belt fed.

No shit. We're supposed to be scared of these guys? I guess they're only a threat to unarmed women and children.

That's exactly what the left would reduce our entire country to. Including our military.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I saw another documentary, that exact suicide truck got destroyed by US special forces that were assisting indigenous forces...

so if your suicide mission is unsuccessful, do you not get the virgins?

here it is.... but not the same truck.. though they must have suicide bomb truck specifictions in ISIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4YRiJM-BLw
View Quote

It's a different killdozer. This one is red/grey. The one in the Vice video is all black. Still a good video. Warms my heart.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:26:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That was a clown circus.  The bad thing is that they beat the crap out of the Iraqis last year.
View Quote

It is sad
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#29]
That was some funny shit. They took the time to make those vehicles but not a mount for a MG, lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok, help me pick "Most Abu Hajar" at CW and I will award pari-tape and hat to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"What is wrong with you Abu Hajar?"

I lol'd when he said that.

Ok, help me pick "Most Abu Hajar" at CW and I will award pari-tape and hat to them.

Yes
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Abu Hajar shortdicked every cannibal in the Congo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
lol what a train wreck.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I like the fact that the cameraman dies. More of them should do that.
View Quote

Yeah, I like the ad free option on Hulu, too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#34]
So, standard Soviet motor rifle doctrine, right?  Did they get Russian training videos with their rifles?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#35]
This is pretty neat, the Pesh side of the battle. The RPG gunner fires at the IS vehicles around 3 minutes in and you can see the Humvee formerly owned by The Artist Formerly Known as Abu Hajjar at 4:27.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Stupid question is stupid:

Would that rebar laticework they welded on ISIS mobile have stopped RPG's etc?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#37]
This is much how I'd imagine 70% of ARFCOM members SHTF wet dreams would really play out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
guess it depends on how open the rebar is...its supposed to set off an initial charge on some of those AT projectiles, defeating the whole purpose

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks for the warning.  Will not click.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't watch any video that requires me to sit through 30 seconds of advertising.

Thanks for the warning.  Will not click.

Cuz everything should be free.  Fuck Capitalism.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is pretty neat, the Pesh side of the battle. The RPG gunner fires at the IS vehicles around 3 minutes in and you can see the Humvee formerly owned by The Artist Formerly Known as Abu Hajjar at 4:27.

https://youtu.be/FuT5sIMjPrM
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow!!!  The three stooges.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ that was such a hilarious mess to watch. It's worth whatever ad you have to watch, for the hilarity to ensue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
guess it depends on how open the rebar is...its supposed to set off an initial charge on some of those AT projectiles, defeating the whole purpose

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah but that would be assuming it was quality armor like the US has. I would assume this is just some 'inshalla' sheet steel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is much how I'd imagine 70% of ARFCOM members SHTF wet dreams would really play out.
View Quote

In the absence of a sizeable, well-executed militia system, it would mostly be a bunch of armed rabble not too much better than what's in the video, with maybe some rebellious military units thrown in (perhaps also providing some cadre here and there), assuming we're talking about a civil war type scenario.  If it were some sort of civilizational collapse, I think again that you'd mostly see armed rabble like in the video.  There is a reason why the militia is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment; the RKBA is not sufficient by itself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#45]
It's monkey-see,monkey-do. They see Americans do it and copy it without understanding the whole principle. Slat armor works by defeating the  fuse in RPGs. What happens is that the round passes through the slats/mesh and the body of the warhead is crushed before the piezoelectric fuse in the nose can detonate against the hull of the target. If it detonates because of the armor,the air gap helps cool and disperse the jet of the shaped warhead and it therefore is less effective.

However,these guys have no standoff spacing so it hardly works properly. Furthermore,they just stuck some sheet steel around that M1114. That won't do much other than send more spalling their way.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#46]
"Good job, but you roasted us too!"  

ISIS reservist weekend?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's monkey-see,monkey-do. They see Americans do it and copy it without understanding the whole principle. Slat armor works by defeating the  fuse in RPGs. What happens is that the round passes through the slats/mesh and the body of the warhead is crushed before the piezoelectric fuse in the nose can detonate against the hull of the target. If it detonates because of the armor,the air gap helps cool and disperse the jet of the shaped warhead and it therefore is less effective.

However,these guys have no standoff spacing so it hardly works properly. Furthermore,they just stuck some sheet steel around that M1114. That won't do much other than send more spalling their way.

View Quote

I've seen the use of similar protective measures used to protect buildings in Rhodesia.  They also had some kind of wire mesh thing to provide overhead protection in some cases from lobbed RPGs, rifle grenades, and mortar bombs.  Even farmhouses in really bad areas had some form of slat armour in the more vulnerable parts of the house, like windows.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I've seen the use of similar protective measures used to protect buildings in Rhodesia.  They also had some kind of wire mesh thing to provide overhead protection in some cases from lobbed RPGs, rifle grenades, and mortar bombs.  Even farmhouses in really bad areas had some form of slat armour in the more vulnerable parts of the house, like windows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M113s in Vietnam would carry around rolls of chain link fencing to stake up when they laagered (frequently spelled "loggered" in books)

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top