BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So yeah...IDK why I'm putting this here but whatever. Do any of you ever just want to give up? I mean FFS I just caught myself typing what only could have been a suicide letter just a few minutes ago...I hate college, my grades are awful, I cannot seem to get a job, I cannot sleep at night and when I do, its nightmares. Can't even keep something as simple as a conversation up with a girl and just seem to disappoint my parents at every turn. I don't know what to do anymore.

How do yall get through this crap? Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
View Quote

College. LOL. At least at that age you've got time to figure things out. Try being 36 and having a shit life.

To answer your question, yes I think about giving up all the time. If it weren't for my family (parents, no family of my own) I would have a long time ago.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol joining the military will make you kill yourself faster if you are already predisposed to the same mindset as the OP

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope. I only entertained the thought once in my life. That was 2 decades ago. Lot of good advice in this thread. Drinking isn't good advice. By all means enjoy a drink, just don't do it to avoid the shitty cards you are dealt. The hangovers don't make your problems any easier to deal with when you sober up and they are still there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Frequently, but I want to have enough money so I can just retire and do the things I want rather than checking out.

I have a bunch of things I worry about and can't sleep without nightmares either.

But I just keep doing my best, taking it step by step and check the Dow Index and my bank balance WAY too frequently.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Call the Ambien walrus.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do something you enjoy.

when i get burnt out i go to the gym or take a nap or something.

youre depressed, its normal.

if you are having thoughts about hurting yourself seek help.

also if you are frustrated with your financial standing, join the airforce, it worked for me.
View Quote

You go to the gym to take a nap?    

J/K  had to entertain the thought of someone dozing off while people jog on a tread mill and pump iron.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

J/K  had to entertain the thought of someone dozing off while people jog on a tread mill and pump iron.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
do something you enjoy.

when i get burnt out i go to the gym or take a nap or something.

youre depressed, its normal.

if you are having thoughts about hurting yourself seek help.

also if you are frustrated with your financial standing, join the airforce, it worked for me.

Well, he did mention he was Air Force.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]

I frequently feel like giving up on people ! ! !

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope not ever... Not once in my 44 years on this planet have I wanted to give up.

I look forward to waking up to every day because:

1. It will be an awesome day full of awesome stuff I get to do and I will smile and enjoy every minute of it.

Or

2. If it sucks I will use that rage to fight, fight for every inch. Fight against the naysayer and downers just to prove them wrong. Those fucking losers have nothing better to do then try to tear me down? I will show them.... This motherfucker won't stop, I won't ever stop.

So no.... Either way I'm going to get up and stay above ground for as long as this world is here, I will be here too...

oP - learn to fight. Even on your worst day your first reaction should be a smile because you now have the chance to fight. And not everyone gets that chance. Enjoy it, revel in it, and embrace it. Bask in it and fight for it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just have to look at things differently. Go outside, exercise, tinker with stuff. I find that changes my mood for the better.

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah

Just wait till you are out working for a living.  You'll miss those times of "dicking around in the garage and working on stuff with your buddies".  Wait till you have a kid.  Free time?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Lots of people who are far worse off than you probably want to give up every single day.

Somehow they find the will to see past the curtain, and some even have an opportunity to make the changes that will improve their lives.  Many live in abject poverty, with no way out, and they carry on.  Hundreds of families who live in a Guatemalan dump, scavenging other people's garbage to eke out meager livings.  The children still laugh, and play, and mothers still live their lives for their children.

Step back, look at what you have.  Recognize that you alone hold the key to yourself.

And like others have said, seek professional help.  I know people who are stricken with anxiety and depression, and have come close to suicide.  But with a combination of therapy, drugs, and talking with people who help them focus on the positive, they live much better lives, and see some light in their worlds.

That world is outside, and it is inside.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#12]
All the fucking time.

Less and less people who will miss me, but enough to keep going.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#13]
There are definitely times of despair. My worst one was right before I found the woman who is now my wife. Finding her was the change my life needed.

In a bad rut right now, my job is killing me. So I am aggressively looking to change jobs, and decided I will take a pay cut if it means less weekend work and a shorter commute.

If you feel awful, find out what in your life is wrong or missing and focus on that one thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm doing better. Things are still kinda crappy with all the stress over school (hence this late response, pulling an all-nighter) but beyond that, better. At least the pup isn't sick anymore and I managed to get a job that aughta start sometime next week. To celebrate the end of the semester, I'm going to go camping (even if its just me) so thats something to look forward to. Its gonna be a crazy few weeks up until then but I cannot wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are you doing, OP?

I'm doing better. Things are still kinda crappy with all the stress over school (hence this late response, pulling an all-nighter) but beyond that, better. At least the pup isn't sick anymore and I managed to get a job that aughta start sometime next week. To celebrate the end of the semester, I'm going to go camping (even if its just me) so thats something to look forward to. Its gonna be a crazy few weeks up until then but I cannot wait.

That job doesn't work out, consider working course maintenance at a local golf course.  Seriously.  Best damn job I ever had.  Paid my apartment rent while in school, still had leftover beer / gun money.  Got to be outside all day.  You can smoke cigarettes and/or dip while working, you get exercise, and you get tan.  Work was easy (no thinking involved and gives you a lot of time to reflect).  I find cutting grass to be somewhat relaxing as you can get lost in thought while doing it.  Hot golfer chicks are a bonus and we were allowed to play the course for free when off work.

Anyway, my .02

ETA: like seriously if I could find a place that paid me 20+ dollars an hour plus bennies to cut grass I'd do it in a heartbeat
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top