Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/19/2016 7:21:10 PM EDT
So yeah...IDK why I'm putting this here but whatever. Do any of you ever just want to give up? I mean FFS I just caught myself typing what only could have been a suicide letter just a few minutes ago...I hate college, my grades are awful, I cannot seem to get a job, I cannot sleep at night and when I do, its nightmares. Can't even keep something as simple as a conversation up with a girl and just seem to disappoint my parents at every turn. I don't know what to do anymore.

How do yall get through this crap? Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So yeah...IDK why I'm putting this here but whatever. Do any of you ever just want to give up? I mean FFS I just caught myself typing what only could have been a suicide letter just a few minutes ago...I hate college, my grades are awful, I cannot seem to get a job, I cannot sleep at night and when I do, its nightmares. Can't even keep something as simple as a conversation up with a girl and just seem to disappoint my parents at every turn. I don't know what to do anymore.

How do yall get through this crap?
Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
View Quote

Booze.  Lots of booze.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Did your Mom like her nav. system your Dad had put on her Jeep, or did she end up getting something else?
What are you studying in school?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
do something you enjoy.

when i get burnt out i go to the gym or take a nap or something.

youre depressed, its normal.

if you are having thoughts about hurting yourself seek help.

also if you are frustrated with your financial standing, join the airforce, it worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Booze.  Lots of booze.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...

Booze.  Lots of booze.

Fucking right.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Move.

That is what fixed me....

But i moved back to NOVA and am ready to die again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Just have to look at things differently. Go outside, exercise, tinker with stuff. I find that changes my mood for the better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Go talk to a counselor or something at your school.  Your problems can be fixed brother just get some help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Fix one thing at a time.   Focus on getting full nights sleep and getting good grades.  

Also, I'm pretty sure your parents love you no matter what.   So stop worrying about that.

Wish I had more/better advice to give.

Does your school have counseling services?  If so, avail yourself of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did your Mom like her nav. system your Dad had put on her Jeep, or did she end up getting something else?
View Quote

How the hell do you remember that shit? And the jeep got sold before I came home for winter break, they got a 2016 Ram 2500

Agriculture and Applied Economics
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Fucking up is a part of life.....youll learn from it and get better. Don't sweat it......its all good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just have to look at things differently. Go outside, exercise, tinker with stuff. I find that changes my mood for the better.
View Quote

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do yall get through this crap? Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
View Quote

think its hard now?  You're at the easy part.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you join the .mil?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fucking right.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booze.  Lots of booze.

Fucking right.  

And, when you get tired of drinking, join the Army.

You will rekindle your love of booze.

Worked for me...

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Join the military, see some stuff, get some perspective.

Then finish school when you have more appreciation for it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#18]
WhAts your major and what field are you looking to go in?

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How the hell do you remember that shit? And the jeep got sold before I came home for winter break, they got a 2016 Ram 2500

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes arfmembers have a weird way of showing how much they care....but thry do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Booze.  Lots of booze.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booze.  Lots of booze.

Nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Where are you going to school? Are you going in state in TX ? If you're close to Tyler area holler at me man. Sounds like you need to get out and have a beer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#22]
This isn't going to help but to answer your question, no.  I have a great life.  Sorry, OP.  Man the fuck up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fucking right.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booze.  Lots of booze.

Fucking right.  

...Life isn't easy. You made choices that led you to where you are right now. Make choices that will direct/affect you differently if you don't like where you are now or are heading. Live & learn..
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot the "Meet interesting people, then KILL THEM" part.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or fix the planes that bring the stuff to the guys who meet them and kill them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having buddies = a leg up on a lot of people in this day and age.

Take it day by day.  Get good sleep dude.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, file it under "see some stuff"

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's totally normal, bro. Sometimes life just sucks. That pain shouldn't be interpreted as "I'm totally fucked". It is your incentive to change things so it gets better.

I know where you're coming from. I wrote that same letter almost ten years ago, telling myself it was a writing exercise, kind of an argument with myself as to what I should do. I felt like I had lost everything, and had nothing to look forward to. I had a choice: wallow in misery, or start working to change things.

In the spirit of GD, I did both. I wallowed in the misery, whined, drank tons of whiskey, wrote dark missives about how there was no hope, and at the same time I kept working. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I would fight.

I have a wonderful family and a great life now. I fought for it. I earned it.

That's how it is for everybody, mostly.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I was always unpopular in HS and my one year of college.  I always felt like an outsider.  I was always picked on.  I had a hard time meeting people, girls especially.

I joined the US Navy Nuke program.  I learned how to study (I never had to study growing up, or anytime in school.). I made friends with other folks like me.  I accomplished things.  I saw the world.  I finished my degree while on active duty.  I made friends that I still keep in touch with today. (I left the Navy in mid-2001)

The Navy got me away from NE Ohio.  It got me out of my little world and showed me what else is out there.  It gave me the opportunity to learn life skills; Not just technical ones, but how to make friends, how to meet girls, how to present myself.  

It gave me the ability to find my self-worth.

No, I never felt suicidal, but in college for my shining one year, I was like, "Why am I here? This doesn't even matter.  There's going to be 100 of us with the same degree flooding the marketplace in 3.5 years...."

The USAF is another good place to be.  You can learn life skills in any branch, but the AF and Navy has fields that relate directly to real life if you want to get out.

You are the captain of your own ship.  You control your own destiny.  Are you making a life for yourself that can be made into a book?  If not, why not?  

If you are depressed, get help.

There is lots of good info in this thread.  (I would skip the "Booze" option though...)
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh believe me I know
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#31]
No, I never think about giving up, have too many people counting on me and my continued paychecks.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember because I laughed , because I called that your Mom would sell the Jeep.
Hang in there Kid, life is a journey and you are just getting started.

You could win the lottery or nail that chick you had in your avatar.
No telling what tomorrow could bring.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me, I worked the radios that told where to drop that lovely HE on them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#35]
One thing I use to tell all the dipshits I supervised that really helped them get shit done was " the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time."

Just pick one aspect of your life that's fucked up and fix that.  Then move to another once you are satisfied.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give Up

I get up everyday to face daily challenges, some of them I just do not want to face, but at the end of the day, I am a better for it. People have been
raining on my parades since childhood, and I am ready for a new one every morning.

I suggest you call someone whose geared to coach you on how to solve your issues. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

IDK how .mil feels about two fucked ankles and a brain cyst...but I'm working on getting in shape so that and other things become an option
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Get some help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Op, look how many people from up North have replied to your thread.
If someone from NJ hasn't eaten a bullet yet, you can make it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

IDK how .mil feels about two fucked ankles and a brain cyst...but I'm working on getting in shape so that and other things become an option
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like an Air Force man.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like you need a purpose and camaraderie - I think there are some places you can find that
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Things will work out, is just a few sentences in one chapter of the book of Your Life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#43]

I agree on the sleep part.  It's not out of line to take a sleep aid on occasion or even regularly for a short time to break a pattern.

A good nights sleep can completely change your attitude.

Women are just people.  You CAN talk to them.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I remember because I laughed , because I called that your Mom would sell the Jeep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I can't believe it but thanks man
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Welcome to life
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Grow a pair.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh believe me I know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh believe me I know

My advice?  First off don't beat yourself up or get hungup on shit you can't control.  Trouble with women?  Don't try so hard...Go out and do stuff, shooting, camping, hiking, working out etc...Guess what?  Women like to do that stuff also so that increases your odds of finding someone you are compatible with.   If not, again don't beat yourself up.

Grades.  What exactly is the issue?  Not studying ?   Don't understand the material? Can't focus? If the first, than start working harder...if the second, seek help via the teachers or a tutor, if the third, than either seek help in that or learn how to focus.

Honestly though, it sounds like you have some issues or depression you are working through...It couldn't hurt to go talk to a school guidance counselor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

French Foreign Legion, just don't tell them
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, those first couple years working out of college were the worst for me.

Working the shittiest jobs imaginable with the hopes of someday having a career. . . . . it paid off but it took lots of time. Stay strong
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Op, look how many people from up North have replied to your thread.
If someone from NJ hasn't eaten a bullet yet, you can make it.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top