Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/17/2016 9:33:54 PM EDT
Or is he?

Twenty four and finally moved out.  Doesn't like his dad. Although to be fair, I don't know anyone who does!

Has had a girl friend or two but they don't last. Doesn't have any male friends.  

The problem is his relationship with his mother.  Texts her constantly.  Hangs out with her several times a week (Goes to the movies or out to eat, etc.)

They even will go shopping together.

To me this is fucking odd.  By the time I was his age, I didn't want to have anything to do with my parents. Especially my mom! I sure as hell didn't go shopping with her!

I gather that his relationship with his mom is the reason his most recent girlfriend broke up with him.  She didn't want to try to compete with "Mommy"

So, is this the way kids behave now? Am I just out of touch with current norms?

Or is he competing in the Oedipus Sweepstakes?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Eject
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Rules... might be a good reason for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Oedipus, you'll only get sloppy seconds.

Eject.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
F.P.N.I
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That is not odd at all, it's fucking scary.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eject

+1
Been there. Pull the handle.

+2
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
fucking weird!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Only child, I presume.  Probably breast fed until he was 8.  I see way too much of that these days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or is he?

Twenty four and finally moved out.  Doesn't like his dad. Although to be fair, I don't know anyone who does!

Has had a girl friend or two but they don't last. Doesn't have any male friends.  

The problem is his relationship with his mother.  Texts her constantly.  Hangs out with her several times a week (Goes to the movies or out to eat, etc.)

They even will go shopping together.

To me this is fucking odd.  By the time I was his age, I didn't want to have anything to do with my parents. Especially my mom! I sure as hell didn't go shopping with her!

I gather that his relationship with his mom is the reason his most recent girlfriend broke up with him.  She didn't want to try to compete with "Mommy"

View Quote

Almost sounds like my g/f's nephew except he's 36 and he and his mother appear inseparable.
If he wasn't a homo I would almost think they would be fucking married.
I too wanted to be nowhere near my mom at those ages except for visits a few times a year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a movie like that with Marisa Tomei and Shake and Bake dude from Ricky Bobby.

Can't remember it right now.

Yeah, this will be a problem, OP.

Unless the kid is gay.  Sometimes it takes them a while to figure out they're gay.

My BiL is pushing 40 and still lives with my MiL.  He's flaming.  Before he figured himself out, sounds like your GF's kid.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't be jealous, OP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds kind of odd.

But I also think it's odd to want absolutely nothing to do with your parents too.

I am older than him but I try to call my parents 2-3 times a week. I go out to eat with just my mom maybe twice a year, she really enjoys it.

So like most everything in life it's a balance, not too much or too little.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is not odd at all, it's fucking scary.
View Quote

That is really fucking weird
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Bernie Sanders voter
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Millennials.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#20]
And don't just look at the kid as odd.

Your girlfriend has enabled it, she's fostering it and she benefits from it. She's more like his friend than mother.

Like the kid's girlfriend's, if this anything more than just banging her you should have a problem with it too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#21]
He's just socially awkward. Or maybe you are getting sloppy seconds and just don't know it. I'd move on, he's probably got a hidden camera in her room.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Kid's the age-old Momma's boy. Ugh.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Do it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Well, the 3 of you could do it family style.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Bates motel?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bates motel?
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Any odd smells coming from the crawlspace? Pets missing in the neighborhood?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never understood this sentiment, which seems to be repeated often.

But on the same hand, I don't really understand the kid either.

There's definitely some middle ground between "don't want anything to do with them" and "hang out with them all the time".
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Get his screen name so he can do an "ask me anything" thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#31]
He jacks off to the sounds of you banging her. Just sayin
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#32]
[pinkfloyd]Hush now baby, baby don't you cry.
Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
Mama won't let anyone dirty get through.
Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.
Mama will always find out where you've been.[/pinkfloyd]

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#33]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There's a movie like that with Marisa Tomei and Shake and Bake dude from Ricky Bobby.

Can't remember it right now.

Yeah, this will be a problem, OP.

Unless the kid is gay.  Sometimes it takes them a while to figure out they're gay.

My BiL is pushing 40 and still lives with my MiL.  He's flaming.  Before he figured himself out, sounds like your GF's kid.
View Quote

If you are lucky he is gay and hasn't figured it out yet.

Anything else, you should eject.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eject

+1

Got to go with this...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that escalated quickly.

Doesn't mean he's not right though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Eject
View Quote

forthwith or suffer ye consequences most dire.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
fucking weird!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Only child, I presume.  Probably breast fed until he was 8.  I see way too much of that these days.
View Quote

He's probably still breast feeding...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was just the first one to post what I presume everyone but the OP already knows for a fact. Albeit with little tact, at least it was like ripping off a bandaid rather than a drawn out affair. Pun intended.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My brother dated a woman a few years ago. She had an odd relationship with her son, probably worse than the OP described.

He was your stereotypical gull grown man child, mid twenties, couldn't keep a steady girlfriend, never left home, never had a proper job. He did sort of work, he had half a dozen lawns he mowed each week, so long as his mother drove him, he never learned to drive.

He lived at home, spent all of his time with his mother, they went pretty much everywhere together. It was a bizarre mommas boy situation as far as anybody could tell for a while. At some point things between this woman and my brother got a little more serious, and he would stay overnight with her a couple of times a week. This went on for a while, then he got to where he was staying with her for a couple of nights in a row, and that is where it got weird.

After he had staid overnight two nights in a row a few times the woman gave him the "we need to talk". Naturally that normally means shit is going bad quick, she wants to eject, she is pregnant, she just found out she has bubonic herpes or something. No, it was oddly different, everything was still going great, expect her son was getting a little uncomfortable with him staying for more than a night. My brother didn't think too much, young dudes can be territorial, and I don't like having guests, I like to roam around in my drawers at night, can't do that with guests about. All seemed OK, for a while, they went back to him staying over night a couple of times a week, but generally not more than a single night.

Well, a month or so later, he staid overnight for three nights, and a couple of days later they had the "we need to talk" thing again. My brother told her that her son didn't have to worry about what he did, that he could be comfortable and it wouldn't be offensive to him. She went on to explain that wasn't the problem, the problem was that her son was getting lonely, he was used to sleeping in her bed with her, and didn't like sleeping by himself.

Lights came on, alarms went off, shit started making since. The woman had had her tubes tied, although she was single and hadn't been in relationships years before, about the time the her son turned 16. The son fairly regularly talked about his sex life, never really giving details about his partner, and once again he didn't have a girlfriend (my brother assumed he had a skank on the side he was hitting).

Yeah, grown son, no girlfriend, active sex life, sleeps in the bed with mother and gets lonely after more than a night?
View Quote

This thread has reached critical mass. Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Apron strings wrapped tightly around the kid is a relationship deal breaker to me.

My ex wife was like that with her mother. Never again. Not if you're the kid, and not if you're the parent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Spent 9 months in that shit. He's just trying to get back in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother dated a woman a few years ago. She had an odd relationship with her son, probably worse than the OP described.

He was your stereotypical gull grown man child, mid twenties, couldn't keep a steady girlfriend, never left home, never had a proper job. He did sort of work, he had half a dozen lawns he mowed each week, so long as his mother drove him, he never learned to drive.

He lived at home, spent all of his time with his mother, they went pretty much everywhere together. It was a bizarre mommas boy situation as far as anybody could tell for a while. At some point things between this woman and my brother got a little more serious, and he would stay overnight with her a couple of times a week. This went on for a while, then he got to where he was staying with her for a couple of nights in a row, and that is where it got weird.

After he had staid overnight two nights in a row a few times the woman gave him the "we need to talk". Naturally that normally means shit is going bad quick, she wants to eject, she is pregnant, she just found out she has bubonic herpes or something. No, it was oddly different, everything was still going great, expect her son was getting a little uncomfortable with him staying for more than a night. My brother didn't think too much, young dudes can be territorial, and I don't like having guests, I like to roam around in my drawers at night, can't do that with guests about. All seemed OK, for a while, they went back to him staying over night a couple of times a week, but generally not more than a single night.

Well, a month or so later, he staid overnight for three nights, and a couple of days later they had the "we need to talk" thing again. My brother told her that her son didn't have to worry about what he did, that he could be comfortable and it wouldn't be offensive to him. She went on to explain that wasn't the problem, the problem was that her son was getting lonely, he was used to sleeping in her bed with her, and didn't like sleeping by himself.

Lights came on, alarms went off, shit started making since. The woman had had her tubes tied, although she was single and hadn't been in relationships years before, about the time the her son turned 16. The son fairly regularly talked about his sex life, never really giving details about his partner, and once again he didn't have a girlfriend (my brother assumed he had a skank on the side he was hitting).

Yeah, grown son, no girlfriend, active sex life, sleeps in the bed with mother and gets lonely after more than a night?

Which sadly informs us that there are some strange mofo's out there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

I told a girlfriend one time that my mom would make me a delicious lunch (if I asked her) that I could pick up from my dad's office on the way to work. She replied, "I'm not sure how I feel about that...."

Point being, that girlfriends of a young man are young girls; their opinions are based on feeling, not reason. And feelings don't really matter.

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#50]
OP is jelly
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top