Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit dude.....if you need permission from your HOA to plant flowers its time to fuckin move lol.

Slightly hypocritical as I AM in an HOA myself, however they are pretty much invisible thus far other than fees for the giant pool / park areas.

The day they start getting foolish is the day I sell out hehe.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yorcoxafloppin Anhertitsursaggi

Be sure to include some fake ones.
View Quote
umm yeah Google that one I don't think that would work out to well for him.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
OST
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Odd way of making friends...pretty clear about how it will influence how the HOA thinks of the OP, but that is up to OP.  It sure seems like an effective way to alienate the HOA and insure that they will have an ax to grind with anything OP wants to do in the future.  I would use a different approach, but that is me.  So far, I have gotten whatever I have wanted from my HOA.  Sometimes it takes some planning and forethought, but in the long run having a good working relationship with the HOA has been very useful.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Odd way of making friends...pretty clear about how it will influence how the HOA thinks of the OP, but that is up to OP.  It sure seems like an effective way to alienate the HOA and insure that they will have an ax to grind with anything OP wants to do in the future.  I would use a different approach, but that is me.  So far, I have gotten whatever I have wanted from my HOA.  Sometimes it takes some planning and forethought, but in the long run having a good working relationship with the HOA has been very useful.
View Quote

The HCOA is no friend of mine after last year.  They defined the relationship themselves when, as a neighbor reported to me, they said that "they are going to vote against me because I embarrassed them".  They were the one to pick this battle in which I offered many avenues for an reasonable and amicable solution.  They chose otherwise.  I am merely asking that they follow the covenants and bylaws.  They make the rules and I can use those rules to my advantage.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I would give them a huge list of the scientific names of normal, respectable every day plants.

Mixed it I would list a few noxious weeds just for the lutz when they rubber stamp it without reading.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
In on HOA shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, are there any restrictions on using porcelain flower pots?

Something like these?  

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Plants that are native to Alabama?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Will there be another FB support page??
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Something like these?  

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/07/crazy-toilet-planter4.jpg
View Quote

Yes, statuary needs prior approval.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Will there be another FB support page??
View Quote

Will use the same FB page:  The Corn Page
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brassica napus, Rapeseed,  also known as rape.   If approved you could say the HOA allows rape.
View Quote

This would be so funny and would be fun to post on the Corn Page!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brassica napus, Rapeseed,  also known as rape.   If approved you could say the HOA allows rape.

Back in. Although. You made one final mistake in your last adventure. You forgot that Alabama was a one party recording state.. You should have left the camera running

Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone needs to link the corn fiasco thread, I loved that thread.   Good luck Kenmack!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Are your HOA covenants available online?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]
The Corn was denied!

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are your HOA covenants available online?
View Quote

Yes.

Governing Documents
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Orchis italica

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Has someone already suggested that plant that smells like a dead body?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#23]

This is the stuff I need for a plan I have.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Without saying too much, I have a very good plan in the works.  I will reveal it in time but must maintain OPSEC for the time being.

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone who might be so inclined as to participate more enthusiastically in the fun and hijinks this summer, the Corn Page is family oriented and has followers including my daughters, neighbors, coworkers and sammich maker so please construct any posts or submissions with this in mind.  Also, last summer there were some unsavory comments left on the HCOA Facebook page that may or may not have been sexual in nature or suggestive of violence.  I did not get to see what it was that was posted there, but it did not help me at all and reflects poorly upon me with my friends and neighbors.  I have enjoyed enormous support from my friends and neighbors and would like to keep it that way as I want to be the grown up in this effort.

TL;DR - I got them where I want them.  Be GD in GD, not on the Corn Page or HCOA page.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#25]
link to the old corn thread?
I remember seeing it, but not what ended up happening.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#26]
You know they breed some ugly ass petunias now a days. You can get black petunias, or even green petunias. So if you get an approval for petunias, you can get some ugly ass shit. Same with coleus, they breed some ugly ass color combinations.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

The original thread was nuked.

The followup: So what vegetable should we talk about now?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The original thread got nuked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is the latest photo of where the Corn once grew.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here is the latest photo of where the Corn once grew.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/kenmack830/16-04-29-Corn-Garden_zpsv8yu6qhm.jpg
View Quote

I see three eyesores there. You should make one big utility cover so you only have one eyesore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]
A person who was just as big an asshole as the typical HOA might get some kudzu seeds and sprinkle them on the property of the HOA board members.

But that would be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish you well and will be supporting you 100%

I had an HOA thread here a few weeks ago since I had to contest some unfair charges and a proposed $1500 fine.

Like you, using the bylaws against the HOA and becoming familiar with the state statutes that regulate HOA policies and regulations, allowed me to essentially win my case against the HOA and caused the HOA to reassess their SOPs.   The community also knows that the HOA and management company have not been operating appropriately.  They also know not to mess with someone that is detail oriented and takes allegations seriously...or if they choose to take action they better have their act together or else they will be embarrassed again.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for the HOA!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I lasted exactly 373 days in a neighborhood that had a HOA.  Put a for sale by owner sign in the front yard, had a contract within two weeks and GTFO.

NEVER AGAIN.

Mine was so bad they had a rule stating the garage door had to be kept shut.  Open to pull and out then close

No cars in driveway unless you had three cars.  If you had two cars and stuff in the garage you were required to clean out the garage.

No permanent basketball hoops, could only be out from I think 3/1 to 11/1.

Only one style of approved mail box.  ETA:  A replacement was ~250.00.  Basic blue tin mail box.  

No flags on front of house.

No sheds.

No planting anything taller than 12" without prior approval.

Per the covenants the HOA had permission to walk into your backyard to look for violations.  I'm not kidding.

No lettered vehicles.  This was the straw for me.  I drive a full size electrical contracting van.  They told me to start parking outside the neighborhood as commercial vehicles are not allowed.  It was okay until the company lettered the van.  I said fine, tell the cop he can't bring his marked car home anymore.  "Well, that's different."  "No, it's not."

Wife came home, said how was your day, I said I hate it here and want to sell the house.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I lasted exactly 373 days in a neighborhood that had a HOA.  Put a for sale by owner sign in the front yard, had a contract within two weeks and GTFO.

NEVER AGAIN.

Mine was so bad they had a rule stating the garage door had to be kept shut.  Open to pull and out then close

No cars in driveway unless you had three cars.  If you had two cars and stuff in the garage you were required to clean out the garage.

Only one style of approved mail box.  ETA:  A replacement was ~250.00.  Basic blue tin mail box.  

No sheds.

Per the covenants the HOA had permission to walk into your backyard to look for violations.  I'm not kidding.

No lettered vehicles.  This was the straw for me.  I drive a full size electrical contracting van.  They told me to start parking outside the neighborhood as commercial vehicles are not allowed.  It was okay until the company lettered the van.  I said fine, tell the cop he can't bring his marked car home anymore.  "Well, that's different."  "No, it's not."

Wife came home, said how was your day, I said I hate it here and want to sell the house.
View Quote

Howdy neighbor!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

NEVER AGAIN.

No sheds.

View Quote

Where was that? In the Chicago area?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I got from some lawyers today a Cease and Desist letter written on behalf of the HCOA.  They be hatin' my Corn Page.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I got from some lawyers today a Cease and Desist letter written on behalf of the HCOA.  They be hatin' my Corn Page.
View Quote
can they legally do that? you know, 1st amnd and shit?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully some of our legal beagles can weigh in and offer some insight on how to proceed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What illegal activities are they alleging?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Niiiiice!    

My former monster-in-law just sold her house in Blossomwood and bought over there by you Kenmack, and my son was telling me the other night that she hadn't even spent a night in her new home yet but she'd already received a letter from the HOA stating that her mailbox needed painting.  Said she was going to be fined if she didn't get it painted in some number of days.  Far as I'm concerned, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person...  

So, can I still be a member of the Corn Page, or are you going to take it down?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Self-inflicted.  You just had to poke the cat.  Now you get the claws.

I gave you advice on Page 1 how to move smoothly past their rules.  You wanted to do the passive-aggressive thing.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#42]
If my neighborhood goes HOA there's going to be a sudden outbreak of every invasive bamboo in every yard and park.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pueraria

Kudzu
View Quote

Kudzu
is
edible,
is
it
not?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kudzu
is
edible,
is
it
not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pueraria

Kudzu

Kudzu
is
edible,
is
it
not?

Fuck me, get a keyboard. Why can't you just highlight a space, "control c", then "control v" instead of whatever the fuck you're doing? I just typed this entire post doing just that instead of using spacebar.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any protected species of plant that you can grow from seed?
View Quote

Lots of cactus are, often orchids(though SUPER hard to get seeds for protected ones, much less get them to grow),

zucini rampicanta(grows so fast it often is rotten in the middle but your talking 2-3 FOOT zuccini's that will push apart a picket fence in a 2 weeks.
flowering tubers... like potatoes....
devils club,

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:06:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Fuck me, get a keyboard. Why can't you just highlight a space, "control c", then "control v" instead of whatever the fuck you're doing? I just typed this entire post doing just that instead of using spacebar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pueraria

Kudzu

Kudzu

is

edible,

is

it

not?

You can use alt-255, too.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Dude...you want scientific names?  I can get you scientific names.

Dasypodidae Sapiens
Lutra Argenteus
Pogona Antarcticus
Heleioporus Eurycerus
Troglodytes Nasua
Connochaffa Angularis
Phaseridae Electrynchos
Pagurlossus Sphoyi
Lopholicetus Civone
Nandeutes Malox

I got them from the Scientific Name Generator.  None of them are a real thing.

Sprinkling a few of those into the list should slow them down.

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/scientific-creature-names.php#.V0WA1s6xojg
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh kenmack, how you inspire me.  A friend in my town was ordered by the City to get rid of her two backyard hens because someone in her HOA neighborhood complained, but the HOA didn't have a covenant against chickens.  So the HOA president escalated it to the City.  

All because some nosy neighbor could see her very tasteful and nice chicken coop above her back privacy fence.

I told her that she should set up a memorial to her missing family members.  Something like this on a big 3'x5' weatherproof board where the chicken coop was:

Pretty sure there's no HOA covenant against an illustrated memorial for a family pet in one's backyard.

Obviously my artistry is not great, but hopefully it's clear to everyone that that is a chicken among eggs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something like these?  

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/07/crazy-toilet-planter4.jpg

I'll bet you could make a form and cast some dirt into that type of structure.  Plant some seed on it or wrap it in sod or something and make a non statuary mound of dirt that looks remarkably similar.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pueraria

Kudzu

Kudzu
is
edible,
is
it
not?

On the other computer the spacebar types out the letter "b" and needs replacing.  Gonna buy me a keyboard?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top