Quoted:

Cannabaceae

Tagetes sp.

Viola x writtrockiana

View Quote
UV18 knows....  

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Brassica napus, Rapeseed,  also known as rape.   If approved you could say the HOA allows rape.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
lemon Paltry

but they can go to lemonparty.com to learn more

Don't go to the website above unless you like to see old men having sex
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for the outcome. If it's 1/10 as good as last year it'll still be an adventure.
View Quote

What happened last year?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What happened last year?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In for the outcome. If it's 1/10 as good as last year it'll still be an adventure.

What happened last year?
You must not spend much time here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Given that I have to get approval for any plant or seed that I would like to plant in my yard, I sent a letter to the HOA requesting their approval to plant some annuals.  Though I was hoping that they would say "OK", they wrote back saying that I have to list the annuals I wish them to consider.  What I want to do is give them the scientific names for as many plants as I can.  I'll start with common plants, but then I'd like the names of those plants that look, um, well, kinda raunchy.  I think a couple thousand will keep them busy for a while.  It is an automatic approval if it takes them more than 45 days to reply.  I'll have some plants commonly planted here salted throughout the list so that if they disapprove outright, they will disallow the plants of many in the neighborhood.

I appreciate that many would never live where they are subject to an HOA so there is no need to state that in this thread.

Edit:  Noxious, poisonous, and dangerous plants are forbidden by covenant as are "unsightly" plants, but I will let them try to determine what is unsightly.
View Quote

What if you don't plant them?  Sometimes plants grow on their own.  Birdshit or something carried the seeds!  Maybe the seeds you plant were mislabeled!
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the cut of your jib.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:59:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What happened last year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened last year?

Corn, that's what happened...  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, you signed the covenant.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
This is so not tagged.

Too lazy to look for name this late, but sumac would be a good one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What if you don't plant them?  Sometimes plants grow on their own.  Birdshit or something carried the seeds!  Maybe the seeds you plant were mislabeled!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given that I have to get approval for any plant or seed that I would like to plant in my yard, I sent a letter to the HOA requesting their approval to plant some annuals.  Though I was hoping that they would say "OK", they wrote back saying that I have to list the annuals I wish them to consider.  What I want to do is give them the scientific names for as many plants as I can.  I'll start with common plants, but then I'd like the names of those plants that look, um, well, kinda raunchy.  I think a couple thousand will keep them busy for a while.  It is an automatic approval if it takes them more than 45 days to reply.  I'll have some plants commonly planted here salted throughout the list so that if they disapprove outright, they will disallow the plants of many in the neighborhood.

I appreciate that many would never live where they are subject to an HOA so there is no need to state that in this thread.

Edit:  Noxious, poisonous, and dangerous plants are forbidden by covenant as are "unsightly" plants, but I will let them try to determine what is unsightly.

That was how the watermelon came to be.  The HCOA still hated it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the HCOA is partner to that agreement.  Mind you that the agreement said nothing about corn.  Only dangerous, obnoxious, poisonous and unsightly plants were disallowed.  The HCOA has bylaws which they are to follow and they cannot rule by fiat.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And the HCOA is partner to that agreement.  Mind you that the agreement said nothing about corn.  Only dangerous, obnoxious, poisonous and unsightly plants were disallowed.  The HCOA has bylaws which they are to follow and they cannot rule by fiat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait.

This hasn't come out as a troll thread yet?  This shit is for real?  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Lose your passive-aggressive approach.

Just give them the list.

If you think the HOA Board won't see through your not-so-clever plan - you're wrong.

If I had to review it I'd take my sweet time and give you a ruling in August.  When you whine about the delay I'd tell you to stop whining because you started the problem with your silly 500-item list.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just give them the list.

If you think the HOA Board won't see through your not-so-clever plan - you're wrong.

If I had to review it I'd take my sweet time and give you a ruling in August.  When you whine about the delay I'd tell you to stop whining because you started the problem with your silly 500-item list.
View Quote

That wouldn't work since according to the OP, the HOA has 45 days to rule or it is automatically approved.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just give them the list.

View Quote

So how long have you been president of your HOA? Do you make the other board members call you sir?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]
These are legit

Clitoris Bulbaris
Sperminis Ivy
lex vomitoria
Lobelia siphilitica
Amorphophallus titanus
Clitoria ternatea
Clitoria pedunculata

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Zea mays  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Andropogon gayanus Kunth
Botryotinia fuckeliana
Narcissus assoanus Dufour
Rubus cockburnianus Hemsl
Silybum
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Fukufukisehowl
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Be sure to print out out and mail it. Don't make it too easy to copy paste of an email.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Musa acuminata

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Musa acuminata

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't you live in Alabama? Start the list with:

Camellia japonica L

(State flower)
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]
parthenocicus quinquifolia

Virginia Creeper
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just give them the list.

View Quote

I've a new plan for a different approach.  I will simply use the bylaws and covenants to present my request which if they choose to reject, they will be rejecting their own policies.  Maybe later I will submit the list which should they reject it, I have a plan for too.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wait.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait.

You must have missed last years corn thread.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Make sure that list is neatly hand written.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Nicotiana tabacum - obvious

Papaver somniferum - opium
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Dikfer
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait.

I don't know how the hell anyone could have missed that epicness, with the thread here, the facebook page, the local television news coverage, etc...  
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#38]
toxicodendron radicans  - poison ivy
cannabis sativa  - Weed
Erythroxylum coca  - Coca plant (to derive cocaine)
Catha edulis - Khat
psilocybe cubensis  - Magic Mushrooms
Taraxacum officinale - Dandelion weed   (If you actually planted a bed of dandelion's that would be epic)
Solanum lycopersicum  - Tomatos

And so in for this one again...

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Cotton grows in AL, correct?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I think cannabis should be on that list somewhere, lulz.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Tag for Kenmack HOA shenanigans thread. Give em hell!  

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Just throw a few hundred kudzu seeds in the presidents yard and call it a day. Make sure to complain about his improper maintained grass and un approved plants and pretty flowers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So how long have you been president of your HOA? Do you make the other board members call you sir?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just give them the list.

We ran our HOA out of business <1 year after the houses were built.

Sure - you can call me Sir.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I've a new plan for a different approach.  I will simply use the bylaws and covenants to present my request which if they choose to reject, they will be rejecting their own policies.  Maybe later I will submit the list which should they reject it, I have a plan for too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just give them the list.

Look - you can name 3-4 topmost genera that will encompass 90% of the blooming annuals and perennials you are likely to have access to (e.g. 'Compositae").  Tens of thousands of flowers are part of the genera.

And its highly unlikely that anyone will have a clue what you are talking about because understanding horticultural families is a PIA unless you are hardcore or educated in the field.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#46]
.... why not just give them a list of every fucking thing?

Heres 10k to start with.

http://www.vplants.org/resources/plant_checklist.html

And heres the rest... less organized though.

http://www.theplantlist.org/
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Guys .... Genus species.  Watch your caps to keep the biomazies happy
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't forget Cnidoscolus stimulosus with its lovely small white flowers.  Perfect for planting in window boxes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Aimless-

I was vp a few years, they all know who I am and how I roll. The old board had enough and all wanted out.

We went to the meeting, I was drafted back on, then pretty much appointed unanimously.

It wasn't something I asked for nor solicited. My agenda has been delegate, delegate, delegate. So far it works!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top