Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:48:21 PM EDT
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/31/rumor-has-it-hk-wins-csass/

http://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/Contract-View/Article/710219
Heckler & Koch Defense Inc., Ashburn, Virginia, was awarded a $44,500,000 firm-fixed-price contract with options for Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System spare parts, training, and government purpose rights. Bids were solicited via the Internet with eight received with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2022. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Army Contracting Command, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, is the contracting activity (W15QKN-16-D-0051).

It's official, the HKG28E1 will be replacing the KAC M110. I have a feeling the 416 will be coming down the line eventually.
Hk G28E the new CSASS!.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I see HK continues to double down on wrong way dickmod.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!  An Armalite AR-10 in FDE !  
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol so the Army is going to scrap all the SR-25 mags, nylon, and parts, just to go with a significantly heavier HK that uses enormously proprietary mags and has backwards dickmod????

Should have went KAC APC or DSR
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol so the Army is going to scrap all the SR-25 mags, nylon, and parts, just to go with a significantly heavier HK that uses enormously proprietary mags and has backwards dickmod????
View Quote

Sounds like DoD reasoning to me.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
I gave up watching, but have they even made any compatible accessories other than add on rail sections?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I gave up watching, but have they even made any compatible accessories other than add on rail sections?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are compatible, just the complete wrong direction on specs. I don't see them ever admitting they got it wrong.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it matter?  Marines may be less inclined to draw dicks on rifles that already have them, whichever way they face.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It makes sense from a German over-engineering standpoint. Regular dickmod can eventually work loose by sliding rearward towards the balls under recoil. By putting the nutsack forward, the recoil impulse just pushes the locking lug further secured towards the dicktip.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that an OSS suppressor on that thing ???
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think they are compatible, just the complete wrong direction on specs. I don't see them ever admitting they got it wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think they were compatible.  Think HK's dicks are a bit bigger than std spec dickmod.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is that an OSS suppressor on that thing ???
View Quote

Yes. Wonder if this will make the 416 more favorable. Could HK push a cost saving deal?

But the CSASS get the 416 half of?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#12]
General: "how will this thing help me win wars?"

HK rep: "its scope is just a tiny screen playing SAPR training videos."

General: "SAPR training in the field.  My God this is a force multiplier like none we've seen.  I'll take them all."
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't think they were compatible.  Think HK's dicks are a bit bigger than std spec dickmod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess I can't say that would shock me. HK loves their proprietary shit. XM-8 is proof enough of that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will just leave this here
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Good Ole DoD.... burning money on shit we don't need.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well I guess I can't say that would shock me. HK loves their proprietary shit. XM-8 is proof enough of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Per HKPRO on a quick search, standard, whole wide world, properly spec'd dickmod will not work with enlarged typical HK, German engineered, middle east of Europe dickmod.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
General: "how will this thing help me win wars?"

HK rep: "its scope is just a tiny screen playing SAPR training videos."

General: "SAPR training in the field.  My God this is a force multiplier like none we've seen.  I'll take them all."
View Quote

"Ja, Ja. Vee even include ze SHARP und Resilience upgrades if ze US Army buys von hundred million units"
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#19]
If S&B is the optic, that's a bad deal.  They have crapped the bed in the last 3 years for some reason.

A gas gun especially is going to beat them up.

With all the small frame receivers available now, these old school 9" receiver guns are a non-starter for compactness and lightweight.

Something is fishy about this if it is true, which I don't believe yet until I talk to the right people.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It makes sense from a German over-engineering standpoint. Regular dickmod can eventually work loose by sliding rearward towards the balls under recoil. By putting the nutsack forward, the recoil impulse just pushes the locking lug further secured towards the dicktip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have it backwards. You must be an HK engineer

Accessories "push" forward under recoil. Normal keymod is correct. Like so, you mount your picatinny accessories against the front section of the rail slot.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Well someone got a steak and a blowjob or five.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sweet!  An Armalite AR-10 in FDE !  
View Quote

Looks like they collaborated with FN on the color matching.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#23]
The Seal guys last deployment had the 417, so I could see
The Marines getting them.

This sucks for KAC if true.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:]

Accessories "push" forward under recoil. Normal keymod is correct. Like so, you mount your picatinny accessories against the front section of the rail slot.
View Quote

I was thinking, "Waiitttttt a minute...... I'm pretty dumb but I think that's backward for recoil impulse"

So apparently the folks at VLTOR are a little brighter than the dummies at HK, must be part of that "new, less proud germany"
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Seal guys last deployment had the 417, so I could seeThe Marines getting them.

View Quote

How does this HK compare to the SR25?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Last I heard they were using steel upper receivers just barely squeeze out 1.5 moa
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Why is the Keymod backwards?

Is there an actual technical reason for it?

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#28]
The advantage of reversing the dicks is that if you run into a wall or door frame with laser or flashlight mounted to it, it rams into the tip of the shaft and is held tightly, as opposed to being shoved into the scrotum and falling out. I was going to say that I can't believe the Army is adopting a weapon system with magazines aren't compatible with either the KAC SASS or the FN SCAR-H but nothing surprises me with the procurement system anymore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Does this mean more LWRC CSASS for the common folk?!?!?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If S&B is the optic, that's a bad deal.  They have crapped the bed in the last 3 years for some reason.

With all the small frame receivers available now, these old school 9" receiver guns are a non-starter for compactness and lightweight.

Something is fishy about this if it is true, which I don't believe yet until I talk to the right people.
View Quote

Glad to see you chime in. You may be right, I didn't notice the optic choice which does seem like a bad deal if true.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The advantage of reversing the dicks is that if you run into a wall or door frame with laser or flashlight mounted to it, it rams into the tip of the shaft and is held tightly, as opposed to being shoved into the scrotum and falling out. I was going to say that I can't believe the Army is adopting a weapon system with magazines aren't compatible with either the KAC SASS or the FN SCAR-H but nothing surprises me with the procurement system anymore.
View Quote

Except recoil pushes things forward so it's actually bad for actually shooting the gun.

Also who doesn't love proprietary mags?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Does it matter?  Marines may be less inclined to draw dicks on rifles that already have them, whichever way they face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the dick should point towards the enemy not the Marine. Perhaps we can write "dick towards enemy" into the contract for HK?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will just leave this here
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/21-660x439.jpg

I still got that catelog somewhere
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm actually shocked the MK20 supposedly made it to the finals yet KAC didn't.

According to SSD, it was LMT, FNH, and H&K in the end with the solid steel G28E winning.

I also wonder weight since the G28 weighs around 14lbs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
the dick should point towards the enemy not the Marine. Perhaps we can write "dick towards enemy" into the contract for HK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might be grounds for someone to challenge the contract award.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have heard about problems with the S&Bs for about five years now. Did their qc go to shit due to volume of orders or something? What is the go to high end optic these days? Leupold, tangent theta, vortex razor, hensoldt, kahles, nightforce etc?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which way do your rifles recoil?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was thinking, "Waiitttttt a minute...... I'm pretty dumb but I think that's backward for recoil impulse"

So apparently the folks at VLTOR are a little brighter than the dummies at HK, must be part of that "new, less proud germany"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:]

Thank you for chiming in and saving me from having to show my dickmod ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Except recoil pushes things forward so it's actually bad for actually shooting the gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HK builds weapons for the Bundeswehr, a military force that will never really do much without the express written permission of NATO/USA. So of course the dicks face the wrong way.

Every magazine started as a proprietary design.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

According to SSD, it was LMT, FNH, and H&K in the end with the solid steel G28E winning.

View Quote
Why even replace our rifles when we have rifles that work?

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have heard of durability issues with the KAC M110.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Heavy
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Seal guys last deployment had the 417, so I could seeThe Marines getting them.

No clue I never got to shoot it.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#45]
The way government contracts for precision rifles obviously work:

Desk jockey officer: "Does it cost double what it should actually cost?"

Sales rep: "Yes"

Desk jockey officer: "Does it do absolutely nothing any better than its lower-priced competitor?"

Sales rep: "Damn skippy."

Desk jockey officer: "Does it use proprietary bullshit that we'll have to buy instead of the perfectly good alternative we already have in our supply line?"

Sales rep: "You bet your ass it does!"

Desk jockey officer: "Sounds like exactly what we need... one last question, do I get a nice cushy job with your company where I don't really have to do shit after I resign my commission?"

Sales rep: "Absolutely."

Desk jockey officer: "We'll take $80,000,000 worth."

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's...not how this works.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's breaking on them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forget it, he's rolling.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What's breaking on them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's breaking on them?
14+ years of Afghanistan

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#50]
So I just remembered. Isn't solduersystems the ones who ran out and said CAG used a Colt 901 to face shoot Osama?

Eta: yep. Guess I wouldn't count our ducks yet on this "rumor"
http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/03/rumor-has-it/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top