BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could eat that.  Absolutely.  No problem.

-p.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring me all the bacon and eggs you have...

There was a restaurant, if you could call it that, when I was growing up called 'Big Ed's'
in Oklahoma City. They had a hamburger the size of a large pizza. As far as I could remember
there was a ongoing contest that if you could eat one you got it for free.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it really a wonder that we have such obesity and diabetes problems these days?

Fucking sad that society idolizes such staggeringly stupid dietary decisions.

To each their own I suppose.
View Quote

I guess the reason we have such high incidence of infidelity in this country is that half of the people have pussies and the other half have penises? I mean, surely it's availability of bad choices and not the choices themselves, am I right?

I teach my children, and I practice, the idea of "sometimes food." That means that eating out, in the first place, is "sometimes food." That also means I don't concern myself with portion size or food choices for items like that when we do it. My family members have home cooked, whole food, meals for ~85 percent of their diet. The *other* 15 percent could be deep fried lard balls dipped in HFCS on a bed of chili cheese french fries and served in a dirty ash tray, wouldn't bother me.

Your admonishment seems to indicate that a normal person would make an item like the one in OP a staple of their diet. I can assure you it's not true.

We have obesity and diabetes epidemics in this country NOT because people "idolize" stupid dietary decisions like the one in the OP.

We have those problems because the AVERAGE, reasonable person in this country pays little to NO attention to what they put in their body at EVERY meal.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd sure as shit try! Arteries be damned!
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.

While I could do it; as assembled it's a pile of over done bacon on shitty iceberg lettuce, no tomato to be seen, and I suspect low quality bread to boot. Weak.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give me some more bread and fixings to make a few a decent BLTs out of it then yeah.....Though the bacon looks over-done. It's the proportion of bacon as it relates to the other fixings that make for a delicious BLT.

That mess is a "Bridge Too Far" in the BLT world that would only appeal to the bro-dozer crowd.
This.

While I could do it; as assembled it's a pile of over done bacon on shitty iceberg lettuce, no tomato to be seen, and I suspect low quality bread to boot. Weak.

Far be it from me to tell a southerner what good food is, but this is one instance where you're completely full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a deli in Tysons Corner VA that made a BLT that size.

A whole pound of COOKED bacon. Not just a pound, a cooked pound.

I watched a friend eat one, along with fries and a shake. I got sick watching him do it. He didn't even burp.

The place went out of business after  few years, probably because all the patrons died of heart disease.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How is the quality?  Is it just a gimmick or is it actually good?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just ate there this morning. I had 3 pancakes and a pound of bacon, the smallest order you can get. And my bill was only $9.00

How is the quality?  Is it just a gimmick or is it actually good?

It is shit food for the lead poisoned hillbillies from Flint.  

The bacon is more like deep fried ham slices.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
It really does not look that big, I could most likely finish it

I prefer mine with far less lettuce and more tomato
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just eating breakfast in that resturant yesterday.  All of their food comes in gigantic portions.  A side of bacon is a pound of bacon.  When I go with my wife and kids we split an order of belgian waffels.  An omlete there has a dozen eggs.  Its great food.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Watching Food Paradise on the Travel Channel and they are showcasing a restaurant in Michigan called Tony's that is known for giant BLT sandwiches.  I just wonder if any one person ever actually eats the whole thing.  I like bacon as much as the next guy, gut damn.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/809578/thumb_600.jpg?1314387626
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/57/db/0c/57db0ce7c63659c3dfdfb7eb98570b8a.jpg
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/09/7c/a4/d8/photo0jpg.jpg
View Quote

easily

I cooked 5 lbs of bacon, stacked on bread with dukes and added a pound of cheddar cheese and melted it into a 1" thick slab off goodness.

I dipped it into 6 egg yolks and ate all that shit.

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
That bacon looks like it was deep fried.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That bacon looks like it was deep fried.
View Quote

It was.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Probably. Probably feel like shit after too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Just another novelty.  GFS food, just lots of it.  I ate there before, meh.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Probably. Probably feel like shit after too.
View Quote

You must be a vegan.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Bacon is meat candy!
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I guess the reason we have such high incidence of infidelity in this country is that half of the people have pussies and the other half have penises? I mean, surely it's availability of bad choices and not the choices themselves, am I right?

I teach my children, and I practice, the idea of "sometimes food." That means that eating out, in the first place, is "sometimes food." That also means I don't concern myself with portion size or food choices for items like that when we do it. My family members have home cooked, whole food, meals for ~85 percent of their diet. The *other* 15 percent could be deep fried lard balls dipped in HFCS on a bed of chili cheese french fries and served in a dirty ash tray, wouldn't bother me.

Your admonishment seems to indicate that a normal person would make an item like the one in OP a staple of their diet. I can assure you it's not true.

We have obesity and diabetes epidemics in this country NOT because people "idolize" stupid dietary decisions like the one in the OP.

We have those problems because the AVERAGE, reasonable person in this country pays little to NO attention to what they put in their body at EVERY meal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it really a wonder that we have such obesity and diabetes problems these days?

I wish I could disagree with you.  I also wish more people would look at a "meal" like that and realize there are long term consequences to eating like that on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Easily. Wouldn't be the first time I ate that much bacon.  Not proud to say that but there it is.

Once you squash it down, it's not nearly so daunting!
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wish I could disagree with you.  I also wish more people would look at a "meal" like that and realize there are long term consequences to eating like that on a regular basis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who eats items like that "on a regular basis" without NATURALLY understanding that there are long term consequences to doing so isn't smart enough to teach. Period.

A person like that is fundamentally broken.

Since we're wishing. I wish people would simply take the same amount of time they would normally spend in front of the TV and devote it to some form of self improvement.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
  It's so big it makes me nauseous looking at it...
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I could finish that.
my wife would puke if she watched me tear through it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
  It's so big it makes me nauseous looking at it...
View Quote

*nauseated.

When you're nauseated, you feel sick.

When you're nauseous you make other people feel sick.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
There is a joint called AJ's in Macon, MO that serves a 1lb BLT.

I've eaten it.

I got the meat sweats.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#24]
yeah, mostly air space, just smash it down good and go at it
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Anyone who eats items like that "on a regular basis" without NATURALLY understanding that there are long term consequences to doing so isn't smart enough to teach. Period.

Since we're wishing. I wish people would simply take the same amount of time they would normally spend in front of the TV and devote it to some form of self improvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom is ahead of the curve on that one:

Masturbation is self improvement.
             -Tyler Durden
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Easily. Wouldn't be the first time I ate that much bacon.  Not proud to say that but there it is.

View Quote

You cannot "squash it down"... The "bacon" is deep fried ham...
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fried bacon is not flat.  You can in fact "squash it"
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Been there, tried and failed epically.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
You bet your ass i'd eat all of that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd sure as shit try.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I've eaten at Tony's several times. The bacon IMO is not good. Deep fried.

Everything else is very good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll have the triple bypass with a side of high blood pressure please.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I could finish that cut up and sprinkled over a large pizza.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The so called bacon will tear the bread apart.  The bacon is not crunchy
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#35]
That doesn't even look good. The food industry is slacking now, they just make sub par quality foods in huge portions and people think that makes it good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All that delicious bacon is contaminated with tomato and lettuce. I wouldn't eat that.
View Quote

Hence the name, BLT.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Meat sweats
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been there many times, great food and large portions.  My son gets the BLT every time he goes with us and finishes it.

I always get the bacon cheese burger.

and we finish with a banana split.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#41]
If you take off those nasty tomatoes I probably could.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can I swap out the lettuce and tomato for more bacon?
View Quote

I believe you can actually. Once my son got one with no tomato and the waitress asked if he wanted more bacon instead.

I found out what BLT stands for at Tonys.
Bacon
Lots of bacon
Tons of bacon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Dump the green crap and I could
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Shouldn't be a problem. I finished the Jungle Jim's Headhunter Challenge years ago.

(Not me in the picture.)
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#46]
That's not even a whole package of bacon.  I could eat two packages of bacon, cooked, easy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#47]
In my younger years probably.  Now?  No way I could even eat a 4th of that
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#48]
No.  While I may sound like a sinner, that's way too much bacon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Id have fun trying
View Quote

yep, bacon sweats
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#50]
That's just stupid.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top