Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please tell me that's real and not photoshoped
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are 'souvenir' tickets that are being handed out.  Couple different ones.  

Here's another (screen cap from someone's tv)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUYclBXYAApEpl.png:large

Trump stealth op?  

No idea, at this point.  A long ways from there.  It's a mix of Hillary supporter outrage and everyone else laughing their arses off on twitter, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump stealth op?  

No fucking way that is real. I wish it was though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump stealth op?  

What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What am I missing here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trump stealth op?  

What am I missing here?
Spelling of the bitches name.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump stealth op?  

What am I missing here?

Ah, I'm still groggy from my nap. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that Hillary's only hope tonight is to focus on policy minutiae so she can try to appear more knowledgeable. She can't go on the attack very well at all and if she tries then she'll screw herself because she always comes off as strident and exasperated. The moderator will certainly accommodate her if her campaign wants to focus on policy specifics and we'll spend 90 minutes watching a quiz on geography and the structure of the US government.

She has got to do something during this debate though, which is a reverse from several weeks ago when it was Trump that had to make his move during the debate. The polls are close enough and Trump has the momentum and Hillary can't just run out the clock like she was planning to.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
So far, Trump is sounding like she got under his skin.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Trump is done.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trump is done.
View Quote

Might be if he doesn't check himself a bit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I thought it was a T.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...about those debate tickets...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUQvYSXgAA1x9u.jpg

Spelled her name wrong?

Missing an L?  

Lol

I thought it was a T.

"Hillery"

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The NeverTrumps stayed quiet until they realized Hillary wasn't going to stroke out and that Trump wasn't going to wipe the floor with her.  Then they came out in force being the assholes they are known to be.  

It sure will be quiet on this board once the election is over and they get put on permanent ignore.  I have no use for people that behave like that.  Instead of wishing the party the best they are bashing the party's candidate and bashing the people that support the party's candidate.  It's pretty sad that they are just fair weather Republicans.  They claim they care about the country so much and then do what they can to try and help Hillary.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Bob Schieffer pretty much said Trump lost no votes. Dems I know are mad because Hillary called them racists and the ones inclined to vote for her are calling it a draw.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The NeverTrumps stayed quiet until they realized Hillary wasn't going to stroke out and that Trump wasn't going to wipe the floor with her.  Then they came out in force being the assholes they are known to be.  

It sure will be quiet on this board once the election is over and they get put on permanent ignore.  I have no use for people that behave like that.  Instead of wishing the party the best they are bashing the party's candidate and bashing the people that support the party's candidate.  It's pretty sad that they are just fair weather Republicans.  They claim they care about the country so much and then do what they can to try and help Hillary.  
View Quote

The #Nevertrumpers are obviously Hillery supporters...

No matter how they lie and try to twist and obscure their pathetic reality...

5th Column in the most real sense...

Wiki-

A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group—such as a nation or a besieged city—from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#14]
So who does the Trump thread think won? I've already seen what the butthurt Cruzers think.

I think Trump did ok. I think the trade stuff at the beginning of the debate will play well in the rust belt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought Trump did fine, though he could have been better prepared.

Birther, calling women fat, bankruptcy, tax return, Iraq war, and all the rest of it should totally have been expected and prepared because they have come up before.

He also missed a few low hanging fruits like cyber securities and Clinton Global Initiative ( when he was questioned about his taxes ).

Well, it is either Trump or we don't have a country.

This is our last chance as a country.

EDIT:
It should be absolutely clear who those anti-Trumpers are basing on their behavior tonight.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and the Lester Holt the Third Debater.

By Heat Street Staff | 11:01 pm, September 26, 2016

At tonight’s debate, Donald Trump faced off not just against Hillary Clinton, but against moderator Lester Holt.

The game of two-on-one saw Holt ask no questions about:

Hillary’s emails
Benghazi
The Clinton Foundation
While ignoring these issues, Holt grilled Trump on stop-and-frisk, the birther story, his comments about women, his many bankruptcies, why he hasn’t released his tax returns — and a host of other issues the media sees as unfriendly to the Republican candidate.

The twittersphere has taken note:

---------------------------------more t length.

People could see what was going on and it did not go unnoticed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bob Schieffer pretty much said Trump lost no votes. Dems I know are mad because Hillary called them racists and the ones inclined to vote for her are calling it a draw.
View Quote

That's, pretty much, my conclusion.  A wash.

And, once folks figure out he was facing two debate opponents, that will likely slide things more into his camp.

I'm, sort of, bummed on it since I had hoped he would come across much better than he seemed to.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trump is done.
View Quote

No, he is not. Don't forget his bubble comment.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trump is done.

Hell, people saying he "is done" is a damn good sign. They have been wrong every other fucking time.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
My guess was Trumpwas supposed to come off as looking like a nice guy, not as a polished politician...my guess those will ramp up in the later debates....Ithink they wanted to avoid giving Trump that mean guy who hates women stereotype...Hillery came across as exactly what she is, a corrupt 30 year politician who doesn't give a rats ass about the country or the people...it's all about her and her disdain for the prolls..she fit that part to a tee as well...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And, once folks figure out he was facing two debate opponents, that will likely slide things more into his camp.

I'm, sort of, bummed on it since I had hoped he would come across much better than he seemed to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He will be better next time. And I think he made a conscious effort to let a few important things slip by.

We've got 2 more debates, and as we all remember RMoney totally won the first debate only to collapse in the last 2.

Trump now sees the fight he is up against, he will become the opponent he needs to be to put her away.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Reminds me of the first GOP primary debate - Trump appears brash and rough around the edges and was mocked for it. Carly Fiorina was decided to be the winner of that one.

Hillary had very rehearsed answers. Overrehearsed answers. She did not shake the "didn't we hear this shit 4 years ago" mantra Trump has been laying on all of his opponents since the beginning.

Trump was obviously trying to get under her skin in the beginning, but was stymied by Clinton with her preparedness and whatever side effects her drug cocktail contains.

Look forward to the undecided polls.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

So who does the Trump thread think won? I've already seen what the butthurt Cruzers think.

I think Trump did ok. I think the trade stuff at the beginning of the debate will play well in the rust belt.

View Quote

It was a 10 round match where both got beat up.  The edge goes to Hillary for being more polished.

Hillary had nothing new to attack Trump with just the same old he is sexist, not that rich, and not experienced.  Trump hit her good with how she has had 30 years to accomplish all her talk and look at where the nation is now.  Also his comments about the inner cities and how the Democrats have failed them.  Those could be huge turning points to independents who realize she has been in power for a long time and done nothing for the people here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He will be better next time. And I think he made a conscious effort to let a few important things slip by.
  We've got 2 more debates, and as we all remember RMoney totally won the first debate only to collapse in the last 2.

Trump now sees the fight he is up against, he will become the opponent he needs to be to put her away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  This is a three round match.  You never  throw all your punches in the first round.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I just saw a tweet indicating Trump needed to play nice guy tonight and keep his hands clean. Assange has something and he will do the dirty work. Makes sense.

That same individual called Brexit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I just saw a tweet indicating Trump needed to play nice guy tonight and keep his hands clean. Assange has something and he will do the dirty work. Makes sense.

View Quote

I thought Trump got his hands a little dirty tonight.  Not playing in the mud dirty but he touched on many of the painful issues that Hillary has to deal with.  I think that was by design.  Get a little dirty and see how people react to it and which issues they react to.  Then he sends out the attack dogs like Rudy to just lay into Hillary.  

Hopefully Assange has something remotely close to as damaging as he claims.  If it is more classified emails, no one cares.  The people are already decided on that issue.  He needs to have direct evidence of Hillary doing something illegal for it to stick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I thought Trump got his hands a little dirty tonight.  Not playing in the mud dirty but he touched on many of the painful issues that Hillary has to deal with.  I think that was by design.  Get a little dirty and see how people react to it and which issues they react to.  Then he sends out the attack dogs like Rudy to just lay into Hillary.  

Hopefully Assange has something remotely close to as damaging as he claims.  If it is more classified emails, no one cares.  The people are already decided on that issue.  He needs to have direct evidence of Hillary doing something illegal for it to stick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one tonite looked like the polished corrupt politician?   Pretty much explains the evenings outcome doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and the Lester Holt the Third Debater.

By Heat Street Staff | 11:01 pm, September 26, 2016

At tonight’s debate, Donald Trump faced off not just against Hillary Clinton, but against moderator Lester Holt.

The game of two-on-one saw Holt ask no questions about:

Hillary’s emails
Benghazi
The Clinton Foundation
While ignoring these issues, Holt grilled Trump on stop-and-frisk, the birther story, his comments about women, his many bankruptcies, why he hasn’t released his tax returns — and a host of other issues the media sees as unfriendly to the Republican candidate.

The twittersphere has taken note:

---------------------------------more t length.

People could see what was going on and it did not go unnoticed.
View Quote

that was pretty dirty and disgraceful

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Trump held his own.  I wish he'd been more prepared and played more offense than defense but that's hard to do when the game is rigged.

The best part going forward is that the real "gotcha" questions are out of the way.  There are 2 more debates and, unless they want to repeat the same questions and REALLY show their bias, they're all out of pitfall questions for Trump.

Tonight, he put the birther bullshit, the racist bullshit, the sexist bullshit, the bankruptcy bullshit, and the tax return bullshit to bed.

There are still dozens of pitfall questions for Hillary and her polished non-answers are only going to get her so far.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Trump held his own.  I wish he'd been more prepared and played more offense than defense but that's hard to do when the game is rigged.
The best part going forward is that the real "gotcha" questions are out of the way.  There are 2 more debates and, unless they want to repeat the same questions and REALLY show their bias, they're all out of pitfall questions for Trump.
Tonight, he put the birther bullshit, the racist bullshit, the sexist bullshit, the bankruptcy bullshit, and the tax return bullshit to bed.
There are still dozens of pitfall questions for Hillary and her polished non-answers are only going to get her so far.
View Quote

All of this.

The bias was pretty obvious to everyone. Hillary rolled through it on training wheels with a plastic smile while Trump was on a unicycle.

It was fine. A bit boring, though Trump got a couple of zingers in. I was initially disappointed that he was so soft on her, but I think he gained more support than he lost tonight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, Hillary made a comment tonight about all the people Trump owes if he wins. . Watch that come back in a not so nice way. I hope, I hope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Remember, Hillary made a comment tonight about all the people Trump owes if he wins. . Watch that come back in a not so nice way. I hope, I hope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She made several statements against Trump like that.  I'm surprised she went there.  She said "Trump is hiding things",  "check my website to see all of Trump's lies", "Trump treats his employees terribly", "Trump doesn't pay his contractors", and "Trump treats women terribly".  I'm sure there are cases of each those.  I'm sure there are 100 times more cases where the opposite is true.  All those statements open the door for Trump to detail all of those things that Hillary has done.  Hillary is the biggest liar out of anyone in Washington.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Trump got to use the national debate to dispel the MSN talking points Hitlery threw at him.  Some have said he did not pick the low hanging fruit he was offered.  Look at it this way, his quiver is full, hers is empty.  Chess, not checkers.  There are two more debates.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't count on it for a second...

As someone else said, it was boring...

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#35]
This is your momentary break from the doom and gloom.

Carry on
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

She made several statements against Trump like that.  I'm surprised she went there.  She said "Trump is hiding things",  "check my website to see all of Trump's lies", "Trump treats his employees terribly", "Trump doesn't pay his contractors", and "Trump treats women terribly".  I'm sure there are cases of each those.  I'm sure there are 100 times more cases where the opposite is true.  All those statements open the door for Trump to detail all of those things that Hillary has done.  Hillary is the biggest liar out of anyone in Washington.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be beautiful if Assange released her secret ledger of pay for play from foreign states. It would be YUGE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

In a strange twist, Hillary went after Trump's character while Trump attacked her on failed policies and kept reminding people that she's had "30 years to improve the situation."

I don't think most people saw that coming.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Trump was on defense for much of the debate but that's because Lester asked Trump around 15 follow-up questions and Hillary maybe two. I think that he hit pretty hard and early by reminding everyone about Hillary's role in NAFTA and the destruction of manufacturing jobs.

I don't care if he rambles or deflects as long as he doesn't allow himself to get cornered in to being a racist or a sexist or a Putin-worshipper, which is what the goal of Hillary was tonight. She had to do major damage with a demographic tonight and I'm not seeing that anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:29:29 AM EDT
[#39]

I'll have to look for myself, sometime tomorrow.  Too sleepy, right now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh and this is just weird, I mean it's great that they are lovey-dovey now but I wonder if there was a bargain and Cruz got promised something. I don't think that Priebus has that strong of a whip.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:06:00 AM EDT
[#41]
The debate concerned me. Hillary being a former lawyer would bring a special skillset that Trump for all his good qualities  lacks (in the way that I know fuck all about real estate strategy etc.)

The danger was that Hillary would manouver Trump to  loose it on stage and that does not seem to have happened.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The debate concerned me. Hillary being a former lawyer would bring a special skillset that Trump for all his good qualities  lacks (in the way that I know fuck all about real estate strategy etc.)

The danger was that Hillary would manouver Trump to  loose it on stage and that does not seem to have happened.

View Quote

That was a concern of mine as well...

Trump did just 'OK' in my mind but the public seem to like his performance and not so much Hillery's

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#43]
From Scott Adam's this morning.  

Dilbert Blog

But the most interesting question has to do with what problem both of them were trying to solve with the debate. Clinton tried to look healthy, and as I mentioned, I don’t think she completely succeeded. But Trump needed to solve exactly one problem: Look less scary. Trump needed to counter Clinton’s successful branding of him as having a bad temperament to the point of being dangerous to the country. Trump accomplished exactly that…by…losing the debate.

Trump was defensive, and debated poorly at points, but he did not look crazy. And pundits noticed that he intentionally avoided using his strongest attacks regarding Bill Clinton’s scandals. In other words, he showed control. He stayed in the presidential zone under pressure. And in so doing, he solved for his only remaining problem. He looked safer.

By tomorrow, no one will remember what either of them said during the debate. But we will remember how they made us feel.

Clinton won the debate last night. And while she was doing it, Trump won the election. He had one thing to accomplish – being less scary – and he did it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog

But the most interesting question has to do with what problem both of them were trying to solve with the debate. Clinton tried to look healthy, and as I mentioned, I don’t think she completely succeeded. But Trump needed to solve exactly one problem: Look less scary. Trump needed to counter Clinton’s successful branding of him as having a bad temperament to the point of being dangerous to the country. Trump accomplished exactly that…by…losing the debate.

Trump was defensive, and debated poorly at points, but he did not look crazy. And pundits noticed that he intentionally avoided using his strongest attacks regarding Bill Clinton’s scandals. In other words, he showed control. He stayed in the presidential zone under pressure. And in so doing, he solved for his only remaining problem. He looked safer.

By tomorrow, no one will remember what either of them said during the debate. But we will remember how they made us feel.

Clinton won the debate last night. And while she was doing it, Trump won the election. He had one thing to accomplish – being less scary – and he did it.

Dilbert's POV is interesting...

Altho I don't think even Trump analyzed the issue this far...

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog

interesting take
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog

Trump knows exactly what he is doing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Trump hinted at it last night during the debate. "I will get to Pennsylvania Ave one way or another."

The fact that government is corrupt and politicians are bought and paid for.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that he's over-analyzing it. Supposedly 81 million people tuned in last night for the debate and saw that Trump wasn't racist or the next Hitler, just some oaf talking about the need to bring back jobs and change things. That enough is to make Trump win by default. The race already feels like the later stage of the Republican primary where Trump wins as long as no one can land a killing blow on him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dilbert Blog

I'm not so sure he lost.

When I think about it, I see that he managed to hold his own on stage and not come flying completely off the handle, which probably reassured a few folks.  And rather than eating up time with detailed counters to each of Hillary's statements, he just let her keep piling them up.  And the next day, what are people talking about?  All those "missed opportunities" that Trump seemed to let slip by.  In the very act of ignoring those points, he virtually guaranteed that they'd be discussed and rehashed ad nauseam over the next few days... and again it won't cost him a dime.  People are actually discussing and analyzing the issues, not so much the presentation and decorum "befitting" a Presidential debate.

It almost reminds me of the "guess the 2nd Amendment people could maybe do something about it, I dunno..." comment from a number of weeks back.  He threw something bizarre out there, got the media, God, and everybody whipped into a frenzy about it, and what went through my mind?  "I'll be damned, he's got three-quarters of the country talking about the true meaning of the 2nd".  He's not leading people around by the nose, he's teaching them to go where their nose takes them. I'm about 50/50 over whether it's intentional, or just incredibly consistent good luck, but in the end it doesn't really matter.  

Donald Trump may well be the winningest loser ever.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

In a strange twist, Hillary went after Trump's character while Trump attacked her on failed policies and kept reminding people that she's had "30 years to improve the situation."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think Hillary saw that coming either.  Especially at the end when he agree "Yes, she has experience...but it is bad experience."  The audience went nuts over that.  That is his strongest argument against her.  "Look at where she has already taken us and why didn't she do any of this before now."
Page / 380
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top