Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/4/2016 10:40:35 AM EDT

ETA:  I saw it, it's freakin' great.  Great cop buddy film, I dug the story, didn't see the twists coming, and was thoroughly entertained.   So much going on in each frame it'll take multiple viewings to take it all in.

10/10

Loved it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zootopia/

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Furry Thread
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It does look pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The scene with the sloth at the DMV looked pretty funny. I'll try to see it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The scene with the sloth at the DMV looked pretty funny. I'll try to see it this weekend.
View Quote

I'm taking the kiddos to see it in IMAX 3D tomorrow.

We're all stoked to see it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Not gonna lie... I want to see it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The "elephant in the room" clip is %100 accurate.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#8]

This is as my Master told it to me and now I tell it to thee.

There are a billion names of damnation! A billion kinds of things that slither and slime and defile the land and sea and wind. Each thing is a kind of sin spawned by man's evil. And that man is very sinful there are many of these damned things and their power is great.

As the purpose of all things in nature is to increase so it is with the damned. They would we joined them and so they seek to overcome us. In animal forms they assault us. In sleep they come to spread doubt and fear among us. They would corrupt our hearts and see us damned too. Trust them not nor suffer them to live.

For each furfag destroyed is a soul freed from eternal bondage. Each mortal furfag life extinguished is a human soul raised to glory. Thus our eternal destiny is written in the blood of the furfag.

With sword and spear destroy the furfag. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the furfag. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the furfag to the stars. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with VIRUS-CHARGE and THERMAL MINE!

KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL!

As my Master told it to me I now tell it to thee that thou shalt tell others in thy turn.

Suffer not the furfag to live.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw a 10 minute preview at Disney last month.  This movie is going to be good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good, but I'll catch it on dvd. My usual methods of avoiding kids by going to the late show of kids movies seems like it might back fire here.  

I'm thinking the midnight showing is going to look like a con...
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#11]
The sloth's face slooooowly changing after the punchline was hilarious, the director displayed a lot of patience setting up that gag.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/K6CPOIH.jpg

There are a billion names of damnation! A billion kinds of things that slither and slime and defile the land and sea and wind. Each thing is a kind of sin spawned by man's evil. And that man is very sinful there are many of these damned things and their power is great.

As the purpose of all things in nature is to increase so it is with the damned. They would we joined them and so they seek to overcome us. In animal forms they assault us. In sleep they come to spread doubt and fear among us. They would corrupt our hearts and see us damned too. Trust them not nor suffer them to live.

For each furfag destroyed is a soul freed from eternal bondage. Each mortal furfag life extinguished is a human soul raised to glory. Thus our eternal destiny is written in the blood of the furfag.

With sword and spear destroy the furfag. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the furfag. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the furfag to the stars. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with VIRUS-CHARGE and THERMAL MINE!

As my Master told it to me I now tell it to thee that thou shalt tell others in thy turn.

View Quote

Yay, Warhammer 40K!

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, I must know what this is.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I will take the wife and kids next Tuesday, you know all the Larry H Miller's are 5 dollars on Tuesday?  Even the luxury seats.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks good.

OP's obsession with animal cartoons is (and has always been) disconcerting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Fandango (Sells Tickets Online) recently bought Rotten Tomatoes.  The entertainment industry concensus is that they will use it to sell tickets, not provide accurate reviews going forward.

I seldom agree with the ratings & critics anyway, but be warned.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks good.

OP's obsession with animal cartoons is (and has always been) disconcerting.
View Quote

DON'T JUDGE ME!

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually laughed out loud at that bit, which is pretty unusual for me with most modern "comedies".
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I actually laughed out loud at that bit, which is pretty unusual for me with most modern "comedies".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a good gag and surprising that the directors hung with it considering the ADD attention span of kids these days.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone needs to lay off the caffeine...
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
The furries of Maryland and Virginia reserved a theater at the Alamo Drafthouse in northern VA for a private showing this weekend. We filled up all 151 seats.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The furries of Maryland and Virginia reserved a theater at the Alamo Drafthouse in northern VA for a private showing this weekend. We filled up all 151 seats.
View Quote

That's gonna be a hoot!
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm pretty excited for "The Secret Life of Pets"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-80SGWfEjM

But anything that gets close to 100% on Rotten Tomatoes is worthy of a look!
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#25]
My kids will probably enjoy the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's a good gag and surprising that the directors hung with it considering the ADD attention span of kids these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 5 year old daughter didn't understand that part of the trailer, but I was in tears laughing so hard.

I'm going to see it Tuesday with the daughter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a Ken Macklin cartoon
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I really want to see this, the Sloth trailer is hilarious
View Quote

Zootropolis!
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#34]
We saw the 14-minute preview when we were in Disney World and it looked like a good show.

The family is planning on going tomorrow to see it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's gonna be a hoot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna be a hoot!

Probably will be, wish I could join them! There's several other meetups around the country where furries are renting out entire showings, many allowing fursuiting too! This movie is probably going to be what we point to when someone asks "What is 'furry'?" for the next 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a house full of kids all wanting to see this pic.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Probably will be, wish I could join them! There's several other meetups around the country where furries are renting out entire showings, many allowing fursuiting too! This movie is probably going to be what we point to when someone asks "What is 'furry'?" for the next 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna be a hoot!

The media company doing the advertising has allegedly been asking furries to fursuit to the shows and post pictures to the twitter feeds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The media company doing the advertising has allegedly been asking furries to fursuit to the shows and post pictures to the twitter feeds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna be a hoot!

lol

I bet
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I can fa- er, looks like a good movie
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I LoL'd pretty hard at the preview when I saw it in the theater.  The DMV bit killed me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like a keeper.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Great, now I cant go to the movie.

Single dude.. at a kids movie.

They will probably think Im a closet Furry!  Oh... the horror.

Id rather be known as a Nazi.  Or a Cannibal
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Great, now I cant go to the movie.

Single dude.. at a kids movie.

They will probably think Im a closet Furry!  Oh... the horror.

Id rather be known as a Nazi.  Or a Cannibal
View Quote

Your loss:

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#46]
We saw it tonight. It was entertaining. A little to heavy on "message" but not a complete waste of my $33.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay, Warhammer 40K!

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/7eb17227c33b1df58a2ea7146732c97ef02d560b60cda57f4211320d8f898ef0_1.jpg

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/2340499/images/1218822363498.gif

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Just saw it. 10 out of 10.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#49]
So, is this a Brony/Furry movie???  I didn't find the clips all that amusing, kinda standard fare.  What is there about this movie that would attract a single adult male with no kids?  What's the message?  Is it tongue in cheek?  Are their double entendres galore?

I liked Up, the Impossibles(?), Despicable, all those recent ones.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
uh, "we"?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top