Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
5 dollars says deep down inside she doesn't really comprehend that there are people out there who would gladly rape her over and over, especially if they have no fear of being killed.

If she is worried about the rapist finding religion, maybe she should consider the benefits of sending him to a face to face with God.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm honestly surprised at the responses here in GD. lol

Believe me, I've hit her with just about everything you all have suggested. I asked her what if her mom was being raped or someone was trying to kill me and her answer was the same. Certainly she understands what she is advocating but still feels as if it's the better alternative.

The part that pissed me off the most was she legitimately almost started crying....for me. Because all I care about is myself and my safety and no one elses.

I too believe that if the moment ever comes upon her, God forbid, she will have second thoughts and try and defend herself. She has pepper spray and a tiny ass dog, maybe that will help.

The irony is whenever she gets spooked she calls me and I come over with my gun to check everything out. (We live within walking distance) I'm waiting for the day when she say tells me to either leave my gun or don't come. I hope she has 911 on speed dial.

I mentioned to her about the story where the college chick was about to be attacked/raped and the guy got scared off and he went and raped and killed another girl. The first girl talks about what could have been if she was allowed to have her gun while on campus. I'm sure you all know the story. Didn't seem to phase her.

Sadly I believe her horse is just a little too tall for her to get down.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Believe me, I've hit her with just about everything you all have suggested. I asked her what if her mom was being raped or someone was trying to kill me and her answer was the same. Certainly she understands what she is advocating but still feels as if it's the better alternative.

The part that pissed me off the most was she legitimately almost started crying....for me. Because all I care about is myself and my safety and no one elses.

I too believe that if the moment ever comes upon her, God forbid, she will have second thoughts and try and defend herself. She has pepper spray and a tiny ass dog, maybe that will help.

The irony is whenever she gets spooked she calls me and I come over with my gun to check everything out. (We live within walking distance) I'm waiting for the day when she say tells me to either leave my gun or don't come. I hope she has 911 on speed dial.

I mentioned to her about the story where the college chick was about to be attacked/raped and the guy got scared off and he went and raped and killed another girl. The first girl talks about what could have been if she was allowed to have her gun while on campus. I'm sure you all know the story. Didn't seem to phase her.

View Quote

Interestingly enough, my wife held a similar viewpoint when we first started dating.  It changed drastically when we had kids.  She is now in the process of getting her CHL and has her own firearms.

If she doesnt have kids yet, her protective mama instinct may have not kicked in yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have been in the situation where I was pointing a 1911 at a guy advancing on me, safety off, squeezing the trigger.  Thankfully, he stopped in the last millimeter of trigger travel.

Didn't bother me at the time at all.  Cold as ice.

However, it bothered me something fierce a few months later.  Hit me in the shower while I was getting ready to go to work.  Still bothers me from time to time.  I didn't do anything wrong - in fact I was doing the right thing.

However, crossing that line to where you *KNOW*, no bullshit, that you would have killed someone has consequences- at least for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I were threatened with murder or rape, I would feel bad every time I pulled the trigger.  And I would eventually get over it.  I'd have beer and go to bed.  Hopefully that would do it.

Meh.  I'd just feel recoil.  Or maybe not, depending on the adrenaline.

I don't think I would feel bad. I think I would be angry for them making me do it, and the inconvenience it would most likely cause. And the concern that there was someone out there that did care enough about them for revenge. And my hearing. When all they had to do was not fuck with people.

I have been in the situation where I was pointing a 1911 at a guy advancing on me, safety off, squeezing the trigger.  Thankfully, he stopped in the last millimeter of trigger travel.

Didn't bother me at the time at all.  Cold as ice.

However, it bothered me something fierce a few months later.  Hit me in the shower while I was getting ready to go to work.  Still bothers me from time to time.  I didn't do anything wrong - in fact I was doing the right thing.

However, crossing that line to where you *KNOW*, no bullshit, that you would have killed someone has consequences- at least for me.

And that's why I think I would be angry at someone for possibly messing with my head like that. For forcing me into that situation. Even though I know I was in the right.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool.

Well I wouldn't.

So fuck off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to say something that will probably piss off both sides.

God's grace covers either position in the OP's debate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
She may prefer rape to killing someone, that is her choice.  But I'll bet OP would not allow her to be so abused.  I may be willing to give my life to save someone, but I am not willing to let that someone be harmed or die if my actions could save them.  In other words, if someone was using deadly force against a loved one,  I would kill the perp to save the loved one's life.  Even if the loved one does not want me to.  I have a higher calling than to let evil prevail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Meh, a lot of people are all talk.

Had the same type of lady, then someone broke into her home. She's a gun owner now.
View Quote

Fastest way to turn a lib into a conservative -

put their name on a police report in the 'victim' slot.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Good for her.  I can understand her preference to be harmed rather than to inflict harm.  

But tell her that by attempting to deny others the option of protecting themselves, she's being a selfish cunt.

View Quote

So ask her if she is just going to stand by and watch her daughter get raped repeatedly, or killed.

Teh feelz that some people have ....

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I guess it would really depend on who was raping me
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I would suggest that the female referenced by the OP read the story of what happened to Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome.
There are things that hood rats can (and will) do to you that are far worse than mere rape, if she's OK with all that happening to her and anyone she might care about, then so be it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Ask her if she would rather have her version of morality survive or her rapist, aggressor or murderer's?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The argument that was made was: Guns only have one purpose which is to kill, whether that be in self defense or not which again, we can all agree on.
View Quote

umm no

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm going to say something that will probably piss off both sides.

God's grace covers either position in the OP's debate.
View Quote

Yep, I think that's true too, no argument from me on that.

Op, tell her it's ok for Christians to value their own and their family's lives, to defend themselves, and even *gasp* enjoy sex.
Seems like lib mentality gets stuck on "guns are bad-bad-bad" and it blocks all logic. It then extends into "self defense is bad-bad-bad" and it keeps going until all common sense is just gone.

Tell her to be careful about calling evil good and good evil.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]

I have a Aunt that was raped,shot 3 times and left for dead that would probably disagree..

but if your friend wants to lay down get comfortable and be raped to death more power to her
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ask her how she would react if say..her daughter were being assaulted or raped.
View Quote

I'm an analogy guy.  I like to teach with analogies.

OP, next time you meet her tell her this:

Let's imagine that we are at a picnic table and we are at a park watching kids play at a playground near by.  Her kids are playing, she assumes my kids are playing.  Now tell her that imagine if I were to take out a firearm and lay it down on the table.  And I'm going to take out a cell phone and lay it down right beside the firearm.  Now I'm going to take a baseball bat and I'm going to beat you over and over again and rape you and kill you.  Then I'm going to go over to that playground and rape and kill your kids.  Then I'm going to find out where you lived, and wait there until your husband comes home and rape and kill him.  Thru this process, I'll find out where your parents live.....Now you have a choice.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Ayup.

This girl has some odd interpretations of her Christian duty.....

Quoted:
Lots of .

I would rather be shot than stabbed.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I used to know a chick that had the same attitude.  She was not a Christian, but she was a rape victim.  Her words: "A rape only lasts a few minutes. Taking a life is forever. I'd rather be raped again than take a life. I know I can survive it."

I just told her that's fine for her, but she doesn't have the right to make that decision for every woman in America.
View Quote

What if he gave her aids?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Is her name Cheryl, and does she work for ISIS?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#21]
And you might want to tell her about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Massacre

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you say that you agreed that whether it be offensive or defensive, all guns were designed to kill?

Plenty of guns were designed and intended for target shooting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Catholic Catechism 2263-2264 explains in the most astute words of St.Thomas Aquinas, that self defense is moral if defending your life or someone else's.

http://www.catholiclane.com/the-catechism-on-the-right-of-self-defense/
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did you say that you agreed that whether it be offensive or defensive, all guns were designed to kill?

Plenty of guns were designed and intended for target shooting.
View Quote

Touche.

But in this debate we're debating the bodily harm and loss of life aspect.

I'm assuming if I said this to her she would change her response to: "Guns serve no purpose other than to kill whether in self defense or not. And those created with other intentions are not necessities in life and can be easily used to take someones life."

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you have hit her with everything except what she really wants... Your cock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sounds like you have hit her with everything except what she really wants... Your cock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

She's never seen images of knife wounds I bet.  She's probably thinking it's all hollywood where it's a pretty cut that you just shrug off and walk away from like those actions heroes do.

I got to see some really nasty ones from my security training on my last ship.  It was to remind us to not discount knife threats.  And the image I remember was one where the officer walked away from (kinda)... it was a long snaking gouge down his back where he's lucky it didn't cut into his spine.

but libtards are going to libtard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Anyways, this person kept asking "wouldn't you rather be beaten up or stabbed rather than shot?" Implying that you have a better chance of survival after being stabbed or beaten.

She's never seen images of knife wounds I bet.  She's probably thinking it's all hollywood where it's a pretty cut that you just shrug off and walk away from like those actions heroes do.

I got to see some really nasty ones from my security training on my last ship.  It was to remind us to not discount knife threats.  And the image I remember was one where the officer walked away from (kinda)... it was a long snaking gouge down his back where he's lucky it didn't cut into his spine.

but libtards are going to libtard

a long time ago I saw some cuts on a couple of folks at the labor camp across the street made with a straight razor

I will shoot the fuck out of you if you come at me with one of those
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top