Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2016 9:51:04 PM EDT
Conspiracy theories swirl around the death of Antonin Scalia

Two days after Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died suddenly in remote West Texas, a former D.C. homicide commander is raising questions about how the death was handled by local and federal authorities.

“As a former homicide commander, I am stunned that no autopsy was ordered for Justice Scalia,” William O. Ritchie, former head of criminal investigations for D.C. police, wrote in a post on Facebook onSunday.

On Sunday, the U.S. Marshals Service, which provides security for Supreme Court justices, said that Scalia had declined a security detail while at the ranch, so marshals were not present when he died.

“You have a Supreme Court Justice who died, not in attendance of a physician,” he wrote. “You have a non-homicide trained US Marshal tell the justice of peace that no foul play was observed. You have a justice of the peace pronounce death while not being on the scene and without any medical training opining that the justice died of a heart attack. What medical proof exists of a myocardial Infarction? Why not a cerebral hemorrhage?”

“How can the Marshal say, without a thorough post mortem, that he was not injected with an illegal substance that would simulate a heart attack…”

“Did the US Marshal check for petechial hemorrhage in his eyes or under his lips that would have suggested suffocation? Did the US Marshal smell his breath for any unusual odor that might suggest poisoning? My gut tells me there is something fishy going on in Texas.”

A spokesman for the marshals service said Monday that the marshals did not make a formal determination of death. He directed questions to the county judge who made the call.

Scalia’s physician, Brian Monahan, is a U.S. Navy rear admiral and the attending physician for the U.S. Congress and Supreme Court. He declined to comment on Scalia’s health when reached by telephone Monday at his home in Maryland.

“Patient confidentiality forbids me to make any comment on the subject,” he said.

View Quote

If a huge Democrat supporter and Obama award winner invites a Supreme Court Justice to his remote ranch, a Justice that has been one of Obama's biggest obstacles, then is the one that discovers the body is enough to warrant suspicion.

Aside from why no autopsy, the family needs to be asked how often he slept with a pillow on his face, and I would question whose idea was it to decline a security detail?

His or perhaps the Ranch owner?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad we need another thread about it
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad we need another thread about it
View Quote

In this one were going to figure out what really happened though
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The truth is out there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Confidentiality applies if you are dead?

What if it were Jake the Plumber, would they still run around waving confidentiality?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What if it were Jake the Plumber, would they still run around waving confidentiality?
View Quote

HIPPA goes until 50 years after death iirc.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
His family did not want an autopsy. I don't know for sure, but it may have been already stated in a living will or a medical directive to his survivors. It really isn't that uncommon, Supreme Court Justice or not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to believe
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Clintons......
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Clintons......
View Quote

He would have shot himself twice in the back of the head after accidentally drinking strychnine instead of his afternoon tea in that case.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#11]
A 79 year-old man dies in his sleep.  Must be a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Justice Scalia was 79 years old, there are 9 members on the supreme court, he died on the 13 day in the 2nd month of 2016.

You put all those numbers together what do you get?

9/11
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lot of assumptions there, eh Tex?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Movie at 11.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Jet fuel can't melt supreme court justices.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. I think he hit all the known and probable facts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#18]
It was trump on the grassy knoll

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

Movie at 11.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Movie at 11.

The Pelican Brief?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
His family did not want an autopsy. I don't know for sure, but it may have been already stated in a living will or a medical directive to his survivors. It really isn't that uncommon, Supreme Court Justice or not.
View Quote

Mike Brown shot by a cop and gets

Autopsy by city
Autopsy by family
Autopsy by Air Force
Autopsy by FBI

Four freaking  autopsies!

A Supreme Court Justice dies on the last year of a Lame Duck President, pillow over his head, in a remote location owned by a staunch Obama supporter, no one with a medical background examined him, just declared natural causes over the phone and no autopsy needed.

I do not think I would call that common.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#21]
The whole situation is fishy.  Michael Savage was going thru this on his show last night.  With all the inside shit that happens inside the beltway, I'm not passing this off as "natural".
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#22]

There may not be an autopsy, but there will be a Coroner's Inquest at a minimum.

:

Art. 49.04. DEATHS REQUIRING AN INQUEST.  (a)  A justice of the peace shall conduct an inquest into the death of a person who dies in the county served by the justice if:

(1) the person dies in prison under circumstances other than those described by Section 501.055(b), Government Code, or in jail;

(2) the person dies an unnatural death from a cause other than a legal execution;

(3) the body or a body part of a person is found, the cause or circumstances of death are unknown, and:

(A) the person is identified;  or

(B) the person is unidentified;

(4) the circumstances of the death indicate that the death may have been caused by unlawful means;

(5) the person commits suicide or the circumstances of the death indicate that the death may have been caused by suicide;

(6) the person dies without having been attended by a physician;

(7) the person dies while attended by a physician who is unable to certify the cause of death and who requests the justice of the peace to conduct an inquest;  or

(8) the person is a child younger than six years of age and an inquest is required by Chapter 264, Family Code.

(b) Except as provided by Subsection (c) of this section, a physician who attends the death of a person and who is unable to certify the cause of death shall report the death to the justice of the peace of the precinct where the death occurred and request that the justice conduct an inquest.

(c) If a person dies in a hospital or other institution and an attending physician is unable to certify the cause of death, the superintendent or general manager of the hospital or institution shall report the death to the justice of the peace of the precinct where the hospital or institution is located.

(d) A justice of the peace investigating a death described by Subsection (a)(3)(B) shall report the death to the missing children and missing persons information clearinghouse of the Department of Public Safety and the national crime information center not later than the 10th working day after the date the investigation began.

Amended by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 529, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987;  Subsec. (a) amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 255, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1995;  amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 321, Sec. 1.105, eff. Sept. 1, 1995;  amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 878, Sec. 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1995;  Subsec. (a) amended by and Subsec. (d) added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 656, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997;  Subsec. (a) amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 785, Sec. 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1999;  Subsec. (a) amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 826, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003 and Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1295, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
The question is
whether "attended by a physician" would include his personal
physician who may have treated him for a heart condition such that a heart
attack with a pillow over the head comes as no surprise.
Apparently an Inquest may be performed without an autopsy.  See the whole
act linked here:
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.49.htm.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Mr. Rate: Would've been a bad job to take, though.

Nick Memphis: How come?

Mr. Rate: Whoever took that shot's probably dead now. That's how conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll, they were dead within three hours. Buried in the damn desert. Unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

Nick Memphis: And you know this for a fact?

Mr. Rate: Still got the shovel!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Mr. Rate: Whoever took that shot's probably dead now. That's how conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll, they were dead within three hours. Buried in the damn desert. Unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/12/129565/2649195-2288235907-29495.jpg

Terlingua is a lot closer to Marfa than it is to Dallas.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I've changed my mind.

A Tom Cruise look alike was responsible for his death.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#27]
USA. A place where Supreme Court justices are assassinated by the government, just like any other tinpot dictatorship.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/12/129565/2649195-2288235907-29495.jpg

I've actually wondered how they got from the Grassy Knoll to Terlingua in 3 hours.  It's not like there was an airport out there back then that I know of...
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It was trump on the grassy knoll

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#30]

OP - is your last name:   Path?

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I've actually wondered how they got from the Grassy Knoll to Terlingua in 3 hours.  It's not like there was an airport out there back then that I know of...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm heading down for the chili cook-off this November. Not planning to compete, just drink beer and eat chili.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm heading down for the chili cook-off this November. Not planning to compete, just drink beer and eat chili.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a blast!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Thermite paint
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The hell.

I've seen autopsies ordered on crackheads, let alone someone that embodies a branch of the federal government.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The hell.

I've seen autopsies ordered on crackheads, let alone someone that embodies a branch of the federal government.
View Quote

Exactly. There should be an autopsy for such an important public official. There is NOTHING "paranoid" or "conspiratorial" about wanting to know exactly how and why this man died.

But no, it's, "Derp dorp! Yore stoopid if you don't trust the shitty fucking out of control leftist gooberment! Yew need sum furl made of tin on yore haid!"
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Justice Scalia was 79 years old, there are 9 members on the supreme court, he died on the 13 day in the 2nd month of 2016.
You put all those numbers together what do you get?

9/11
View Quote

potfy

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#37]

The Triumvirate.

Evil.  Pure evil.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Not for nothing, but with all the conspiracy theories out there as fantastic as some are, it's possible that maybe just one of them is real. The question though is which one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not for nothing, but with all the conspiracy theories out there as fantastic as some are, it's possible that maybe just one of them is real. The question though is which one.

View Quote

I'm going with the one where an old man died of being old (a fatal condition or so I'm told).

Everyone has been calling for a national peppering of gun owner Angus. I suppose few believed, time to invest in seasoning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#40]
When I see people acting like an autopsy would clear things up, I laugh my ass off.

You'll never produce enough evidence to disabuse a nutcase of his insanity.  It's just not going to happen.

JFK had an autopsy.  How many nutty theories revolve around that alone?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think that all the conspiracy theories are part of a plot by our secret overlords to discredit the Jewish bankers, the trilateral commission, etc. who are the only ones who can save us from their evil plan.  Alex Jones is their #1 agent and all the "conspiracy theorists" are in on it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Double tap phone is bonkers
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm going with the one where an old man died of being old (a fatal condition or so I'm told).

Everyone has been calling for a national peppering of gun owner Angus. I suppose few believed, time to invest in seasoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not delving deep into the conspiracy aspect of this, but Scalia wasn't just some old random guy-he was a controversial figure on the United States Supreme Court.
He was a public figure, and died alone.  That warrants a crime scene, and questions asked, and an autopsy.  The State can overrule any family objections.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#44]
More than likely he was wacthing porn in his room, and he had the big one, case closed,
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#45]
This thread fucking stood and delivered
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Scalia. Never heard of her
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#49]
This will likely FOSTER many conspiracy theories
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Autopsies on USSC justices should be obligatory, agreed to as a condition of service, to help deter murder of of said officials, to make it harder to get away with.   There are just too many incentives by too many, on either side of whatever issue, to make it any easier to maybe get away with murder.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top