Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2016 3:17:10 PM EDT
Link

A leading Supreme Court analyst thinks Attorney General Loretta Lynch is the "most likely candidate" to replace the late conservative Justice Antonin Scalia.

Tom Goldstein, who runs the influential SCOTUSblog, had earlier predicted Ninth Circuit Judge Paul Watford would make the top of President Obama's shortlist. But in a revised blog post, Goldstein said he now believes Lynch is the leading contender.

Lynch is a "very serious possibility," Goldstein wrote. "The fact that Lynch was vetted so recently for attorney general also makes it practical for the president to nominate her in relatively short order."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, fearing that whoever Obama picks will tip the ideological balance of the nation's highest court to the left, has already made it clear that he believes next president should be responsible for appointing a justice. GOP presidential candidates, including Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Marco Rubio, have made similar statements.

But tapping Lynch to fill the seat of Scalia, who died suddenly Saturday, poses a perception problem for Republicans because her "history as a career prosecutor makes it very difficult to paint her as excessively liberal," Goldstein wrote.

Lynch would be the first black woman ever nominated to the nation's highest court — and the GOP would have a political problem during an election year if the Republicans refused to even consider her nomination, Goldstein wrote.

"I think the administration would relish the prospect of Republicans either refusing to give Lynch a vote or seeming to treat her unfairly in the confirmation process," Goldstein wrote. "Either eventuality would motivate both black and women voters."
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
FBHO
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that cunt.

Fuck Lynch too
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Conservatives need to take a page out of the liberal panty wetting feels SJW playbook and nominate a black or Asian conservative female then play the race/discrimination card when the liberals won't confirm her.

Heads will explode and I'd pay good money to watch it unfold.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
fuck this goddamn cunt, you see what you've done you motherfuckers, you let her thru and now this
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Well she's a brown woman so yeah, pretty big qualifiers for Obama appointees.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It's time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Conservatives need to take a page out of the liberal panty wetting feels SJW playbook and nominate a black or Asian conservative female then play the race/discrimination card when the liberals won't confirm her.

View Quote

Whenever Republicans do that, the left just screams that the Republicans are putting up a token minority in a weak attempt to pander to minorities.

When Democrats do the same thing, if the Republicans question the candidate's qualifications, the left screams racism.

The left will throw a fit like a baby in a high chair given the slightest excuse.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Unlikely.  Never served as a federal judge.  That's not a requirement as such but its been decades since someone came to the Supreme Court without going thru the Appeals Court.  This one would be way outside the box and probably seen as a political stunt at best.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Love it
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Shouldn't she be too busy getting ready to prosecute Hillary after the indictment? Oh wait.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shouldn't she be too busy getting ready to prosecute Hillary after the indictment? Oh wait.....
View Quote

Yup. Already a proven partisan.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Every "card" they play from this point on needs to be countered with the same card. If we neuter there ability to use cheap tricks then it boils down to policy. Common sense is against the progressive's policies.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which conservatives do you see nominating a justice for the SC?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are maybe 4 or 5 conservatives in congress so that may prove difficult.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

who actually nominates a SCJ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's time.
View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]
The GOP has no leg to stand on with this nomination. They just recently easily confirmed her. We're screwed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#19]
What about the vacancy at DOsocialJ?  Creating problems is not the answer, plus she isn't muslim.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]
she's ugly as sin so she has the first requirement locked up
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The GOP has no leg to stand on with this nomination. They just recently easily confirmed her. We're screwed.
View Quote

Those old white republicans lynching his candidate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly! There HAS to be a conservative female that the Republicans can nominate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whenever Republicans do that, the left just screams that the Republicans are putting up a token minority in a weak attempt to pander to minorities.

When Democrats do the same thing, if the Republicans question the candidate's qualifications, the left screams racism.

The left will throw a fit like a baby in a high chair given the slightest excuse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you want to keep the majority or not?  As racially charged as everything is being made into today, they'd have to go along or be publicly called on their bullshit by the evil white men of the Republican party.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly! There HAS to be a conservative female that the Republicans can nominate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know how this all works...don't you?!?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you miss the Thomas hearing?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The left will throw a fit like a baby in a high chair given the slightest excuse.  No matter what
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The left will throw a fit like a baby in a high chair given the slightest excuse.  No matter what

FTFY
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

but hasn't she shown since being confirmed as AG that she doesn't give a flying fuck about enforcing laws she doesn't agree with?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#29]
This is one of FBHO's last big chances to butt surf the country with his fundamental change.  Whoever it is, he is going to pick the most bat shit crazy SJW leftist to fill the position.  

The worst part is that the Republicans will reach across the aisle and go along as always.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck no!  We all need to stand and say hell no to that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
nevermind the second amendment, you'd better not say bad things (a.ka. hate speech) about muslims anymore.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully the next president, but I see you're not the only one to miss that
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, she is Obama's boy.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This is one of FBHO's last big chances to butt surf the country with his fundamental change.  Whoever it is, he is going to pick the most bat shit crazy SJW leftist to fill the position.  

The worst part is that the Republicans will reach across the aisle and go along as always.
View Quote

bingo to further his legacy and undoing reagan's.  making the scotus take a 180 would work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is nonsense.  Two entirely different jobs. Being qualified for Attorney General in no way makes one qualified for the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I doubt it, then he'd have 2 fights on his hands. one to get her appointed, the other to get whoever he chooses to replace her as AG approved.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

but hasn't she shown since being confirmed as AG that she doesn't give a flying fuck about enforcing laws she doesn't agree with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but there is the race card and the gender card still in the deck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Not that O would consider her but I would love to see Condelissa Rice as SCJ
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I doubt it, then he'd have 2 fights on his hands. one to get her appointed, the other to get whoever he chooses to replace her as AG approved.
View Quote

He'd bring holder back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's time.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's hope so. The ambiguity of your post made it easy to miss.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck no!  We all need to stand and say hell no to that.
View Quote

Are you starting a lynch mob?

See how it will work?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll remember to be a bit more clear on that next time, but I'm glad you got the gist of my post.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just need to drag this out a little bit to see if the FBI recommends an incitement for HRC....  Then we'll see how things go....
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's time.

It is.

It was time 8 years ago and nobody did anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is nonsense.  Two entirely different jobs. Being qualified for Attorney General in no way makes one qualified for the Supreme Court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when are qualifications important. BHO got in TWICE.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just need to drag this out a little bit to see if the FBI recommends an incitement for HRC....  Then we'll see how things go....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never going to happen.  It is just too good to be true.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#49]
NO.

I don't care how unfair, how racist or how stupid we look by blocking her.  We still need any nomination by current potus blocked.

the other side doesn't care about being racist, or stupid, they just hold the line and get shit done.  we need the same.

NOBODY should be confirmed. NOBODY.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well she's a brown woman so yeah, pretty big qualifiers for Obama appointees.
View Quote

If she was a tranny, it would be unstoppable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top