Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:54:34 AM EDT

A 17-year-old robber’s arm was severed in Brooklyn after he held up a 39-year-old man at gunpoint for a pair of pricey sneakers, police sources said.

Through the app Wallapop, the pair had arranged to meet up at 1 p.m. on Friday in Canarsie.

But when the seller showed up, asking $490 for a pair of Air Jordan 8 Retro sneakers, the teen crook pulled out a gun and demanded the kicks for free inside the older man’s car, police sources said.

The 39-year-old stepped on the gas pedal, but the gunman jumped out of his car at the intersection of East 86th Street and Avenue M, sources said.

Instead of speeding off, the seller turned his car around and drove after the teenager, crashing into him in front of a fence.

The robber’s arm was ripped off when he was pinned against the fence.

“I saw a kid under a car,” said Alex Saint Fleur, a bus driver who lives across the street.

“The guy ran him over. He got out, the driver said, ‘He’s trying to rob me. He’s trying to rob me.’”

“I saw the gun on the floor,” Fleur added. “The arm was on the floor near the gun.”

The teen got out from under the car, he said, and ran inside a city bus.

“Everyone is screaming, ‘Come back, come back, your arm. You’re bleeding too much,’” Fleur said.

The crook got out of the bus and started running down Avenue M, he said, before finally collapsing in the street.

The teen was taken to Brookdale Hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition, law enforcement sources said.

The 39-year-old driver will likely be arrested, according to police sources.

On Friday afternoon, the bus was pulled over on 80th Street, blood spattered on its front entrance.

“I was walking up the sidewalk and I heard a boom behind me,” said a postal worker who declined to give her name. “I just kept it moving. I saw somebody run on the bus with a missing arm.”

Link

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
So is he no longer an armed robber?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Fail. No armless prep pics.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn. All that over a pair of sneakers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess the perp will be looking to buy loafers in the future  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not guilty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I see velcro shoes in someone's future.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thug kid learned actions have concequences.

Guy shouldn't have turned around to run the kid down, because that will fuck him in court.  I'd go with not guilty.  Fuck armed robbers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
He even gets on a bus to run away, tell me this kid has no balls
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

A better answer will not be found in this thread. Bravo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#12]
"It wasn't me! It was the one ar--oh, right."
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Criminal charges.  Criminal charges everywhere.  And maybe a civil suit, too!  

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"It wasn't me! It was the one ar--oh, right."
View Quote

HAHHAHAAAH!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#15]
The glorious one handed clap

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#16]
So, he won't be doing that again.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm sure there is a social program that will fund surgical reattachment of the young fellow's arm, since the difficulty in simultaneously pointing a handgun and making off with the bounty with only one arm gives others an unfair advantage in his chosen career field.

Pity.  In some countries this would be seen as an innovative efficiency improvement... imposing the standard sentence during the very execution of the crime.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Post Sharia Law
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#20]
i see a nice pair of loafers in his future
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe he'll find the thread and post. I feel there will be less leg humping than prior guests.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FPNI

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
FPNI
Quoted:

No, he's a one-armed bandit!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Which one committed the arm robbery?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not guilty.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#26]
He's lost his right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess the perp will be looking to buy loafers in the future  
View Quote

glad you posted this...my first thought as well

My baby needs helps tieing his shews

poor lil Dindu.....he is suuuuuch a good boy

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I love how every badass thug's first instinct is to run like a bitch when shit gets real
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm sure there is a social program that will fund surgical reattachment of the young fellow's arm, since the difficulty in simultaneously pointing a handgun and making off with the bounty with only one arm gives others an unfair advantage in his chosen career field.

Pity.  In some countries this would be seen as an innovative efficiency improvement... imposing the standard sentence during the very execution of the crime.
View Quote

I agree, I'm sure this "teen" has Medicaid, and the state will pay to reattach his arm. It's sad when Medicaid patients get the best meds for next to nothing and then I see the blue collar workers decline their meds because they cannot afford them
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree, I'm sure this "teen" has Medicaid, and the state will pay to reattach his arm. It's sad when Medicaid patients get the best meds for next to nothing and then I see the blue collar workers decline their meds because they cannot afford them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is incredibly unlikely that his arm could have been reattached given the mechanism of the injury, i.e. it was crushed and torn off.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe he'll find the thread and post. I feel there will be less leg humping than prior guests.
View Quote
You have to be patient when he posts he is using one hand hahahaha
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not guilty.

Who, both were arrested
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#33]
The one time I would like to be on a jury.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Driver/victim should get a community service award...too bad perp didn't loose head instead.

Good pedal stomp with extra points for effective squish maneuver.

8 out of 10 points granted for pinning and loss of limb...would have been 10 for a decapitation.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#35]
They're charging the victim with attempted murder.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Not guilty for the driver.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Not guilty. Good smash. Failure to maintain lane, Class C misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Guy shouldn't have turned around to run the kid down, because that will fuck him in court.  I'd go with not guilty.  Fuck armed robbers.
View Quote

Think about that for a second ? What is the difference between running him down with a car or shooting him ? He is committing a felony with a deadly weapon so you could shoot him couldn't you ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The one time I would like to be on a jury.
View Quote

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They're charging the victim with attempted murder.
View Quote

Although I'd most likely vote not guilty according to the law he's pretty guilty. The kid tried running away and the guy turned around and ran him down with a deadly weapon. Now if the 39 year old pulled a gun and shot the kid while he was still in the car that's totally different. But then again, NY, and if you even daydream about a gun there it's illegal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Think about that for a second ? What is the difference between running him down with a car or shooting him ? He is committing a felony with a deadly weapon so you could shoot him couldn't you ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No difference, but once a pair of shoes are involved in the inner city it is understood that "full-retard" is not only permitted but encouraged.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I would go with the defense of handguns being too hard to obtain in NY and a carry permit is unobtanium. I would then say the kid would be dead if I had one and spared his life by running him down with the car.

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

He's lost his right to bear arms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#44]
My story would go something like " the scary gun he had made me react to save the lives of innocent babies he was on his way to shoot". His actio s got a gun of the streets, surprised NY isn't giving him a parade.

Good smash.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now he will be an arm robber
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Difference is New York.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#48]
He now has only one more chance to steal from anybody.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Difference is New York.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Difference is New York.

And that the criminal was fleeing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Those are some pretty nice sneakers, ya gotta hand it to the guy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top