BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I truly feel sorry for people whose attitude of theater is this.Ignorance can be fixed.
But the poster's attitude is stupid...and that is forever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People act like a missing a couple minutes of a fucking stage full of guys in tights prancing around is going to ruin their night.  Fuck them.  I might have a problem if a parent just sits there and lets their kids scream and don't try to quiet them.  But if she was trying to get the kid out or quiet him, no big deal.
I truly feel sorry for people whose attitude of theater is this.Ignorance can be fixed.

Art major?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I went to see "The Revenant" last Friday. This is obviously not a movie for a 4 to 5 year old boy. Yet there he is, with his parents. About 30 minutes in he begins the mommy, mommy, mommy MoMMY! MOMMY! Look! MOMMY LOOK! screaming and yelling. They just sat there telling him to be quiet, which is also disruptive. I finally went out to the manager and asked them for my money back, told them why and the gave me a refund. I saw the next showing. Motherfuckers are bad people. Fuck them.

View Quote

I'd be pissed. One of the reasons I frequent Alamo and Flix exclusively is because of the no children policy. No kids talking, crying, eating noisily, farting, shitting themselves, etc. It's great.

Went to a Cinemark over Thanksgiving to take my 2 year old niece to see "The Good Dinosaur" and it was like a shock to my senses. I hadn't been in a regular theater in close to a decade.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Arfcom GD I-hate-autisitc-kids threads are so entertaining. Let the dog pile continue!
View Quote

You fail at reading. The kid is not the problem. The fucking inconsiderate parents are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd be pissed. One of the reasons I frequent Alamo and Flix exclusively is because of the no children policy. No kids talking, crying, eating noisily, farting, shitting themselves, etc. It's great.

Went to a Cinemark over Thanksgiving to take my 2 year old niece to see "The Good Dinosaur" and it was like a shock to my senses. I hadn't been in a regular theater in close to a decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to see "The Revenant" last Friday. This is obviously not a movie for a 4 to 5 year old boy. Yet there he is, with his parents. About 30 minutes in he begins the mommy, mommy, mommy MoMMY! MOMMY! Look! MOMMY LOOK! screaming and yelling. They just sat there telling him to be quiet, which is also disruptive. I finally went out to the manager and asked them for my money back, told them why and the gave me a refund. I saw the next showing. Motherfuckers are bad people. Fuck them.

I'm going to see The Revenant at the Alamo Drafthouse tonight.  I refuse to go to any other theaters.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I am surprised by the number of people here that think since it is a matinee, there will be kids there, automatically means the kids will be screaming, acting out and ruining the show for others.  A kid letting out one yelp and being quickly quieted by mom is different than a mother letting her kid scream at the top of his lungs while she repeatedly asks him to stop.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Arfcom GD I-hate-autisitc-kids threads are so entertaining. Let the dog pile continue!
View Quote

Don't bring a kid known to be dispruptive into an environment where audience silence is necessary.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What did you read that leads you to believe she was being lazy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter if it's a $2.00 show or a $300.00 dinner if your kids act up take them outside don't be a lazy parent.

If you don't take your kid outside your teaching your kid to be a self absorbed asshole. He will grow up to be like his parents and the cycle goes on.

What did you read that leads you to believe she was being lazy?

General statement see my "show or dinner" comment.

If a child misbehaves take him outside and calm the child.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Inconsiderate mother and weak beta male actor.

Go to manager, demand a refund.

There's a reason theaters and churches used to have crying rooms.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Inconsiderate mother and weak beta male actor.

Go to manager, demand a refund.

There's a reason theaters and churches used to have crying rooms.
View Quote

My church still does, I used to volunteer in it until I hurt my back
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fixed that for you! GREAT video, by the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember when they'd kick disruptive people out of theaters?

I miss those days.

They still do.  Going there tonight in fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVz-fO7kxcQ

MAGNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

That is fucking awesome, and crank it up a notch or two, they used that crunts diatribe as an 'anti-texting PSA'

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Leave your shitty kids with a sitter you inconsiderate fucking asshole.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That is fucking awesome, and crank it up a notch or two, they used that crunts diatribe as an 'anti-texting PSA'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeMEr_vBzBk

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I miss those days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeMEr_vBzBk

We need more theaters like those.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Taking your autistic kid out is very appropriate.  To the right venue.  An expensive play or on/off broadway show is not the right venue.  The park, the beach, A Saturday afternoon matinee, Chucky Cheese, MacDonalds etc is appropriate.  PC dictates however that thou shalt not admonish the less fortunate or those more fucked over by life or by personal choices.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss those days.

lol.that was good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm of split opinion.

If it's a family matinee performance, kids will be there and tantrums do occasionally occur.  Don't spend $300 for a ticket if such things bother you.

OTOH, if the kid has issues sitting still or behaving in public, mom should be considerate enough to leave him home.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lack of restraint amongst people these days is breathtaking.  The fact that polite society has to retreat to special establishments to avoid assholish behavior speaks volumes.  I don't care what parents think, children are not simply miniature adults, they therefore don't belong everywhere adults do.  Many biologically mature people are also somehow incapable of acting like adults, likewise they don't belong where adults do.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Art major?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

People act like a missing a couple minutes of a fucking stage full of guys in tights prancing around is going to ruin their night.  Fuck them.  I might have a problem if a parent just sits there and lets their kids scream and don't try to quiet them.  But if she was trying to get the kid out or quiet him, no big deal.

Art major?
Grown-up

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is wrong.  Surely the parent knew that the kid might be a problem.  Leave the kid with a babysitter until the kid matures and can act appropriately.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Who is the real "fuck-tard" in this story:  The autistic kid crying during a whipping scene or a grown adult paying $300 per ticket to see a revival of The King and I and expecting a profound theatrical experience?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss those days.

Thanks!

That's awesome. My kind of theater.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This, I paid to enjoy something, not listen to some fuck-tarded kid making noise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, I paid to enjoy something, not listen to some fuck-tarded kid making noise.

These.

Sorry your kid has problems, but have some fucking common courtesy and don't force their problems on everyone else.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#23]
So the usher didn't have a taser?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#25]
For me, I already expect to deal with shitty people anytime I step outside my front door.  Weather it's going out to eat, movies, grocery shopping, ect.  People can't raise kids and it's your fault not their kids.  I don't see alot of movies but when I do I see it more as a "treat"  I stopped going to the theater close to me because it was just bad.  People always talking, sneaking in food (I'm talking subway/fast food MEALS) soda (cans) and of course the 12 pack of beer.  Now I go to 1 10 miles away just cause it's "better"  don't get me started on going to a nicer dining establishment and that fucking kid screaming/crying and the parents ignoring it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody hates autistic kids.

But the parents of these kids need to realize that just because their kid has special needs, doesn't mean we all need to deal with it. Yes, it sucks for them. Life isn't fair. Sorry.

How many times do we hear that people with disabilities want to be treated the same as everyone else? If a "normal" person was being disruptive you would expect them to be removed, right?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah The King and I at a matinee I could see kids being an issue [shrug], an evening opera or ballet I might have a different reaction
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a family show.  Don't want to be around kids?  Don't go.

It's like going to fucking Applebees and bitching about the toddlers.

Look, nobody likes screaming kids.  The kids themselves, least of all.  You think they're doing that on purpose just to be dicks?  They're not.

Y'all chill out with the high and mighty.  You weren't even there.
Yeah The King and I at a matinee I could see kids being an issue [shrug], an evening opera or ballet I might have a different reaction

Like suicide?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#29]
There was a kid like that at my church, it was always everyone else's job to just let him do whatever and "accept" what he did.  Parents just kept trying to give him a normal life.  It's not practical and not realistic.  I am truly sorry if a child is autistic, but at the same time, his/her behavior is not for everyone else to just put up with.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#31]
If I dropped $200 on the show I'd be fucking furious and would probably say something to that twat. Your kid isn't my problem.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I feel like this is the Michael Brown case of outrage for the Black Lives Matter group.

Not the right story to be upset about/bare your outrage at.

There are 5 million cases of crotch fruit being in places they shouldn't with parents that are absolute garbage that not only refuse to correct the behavior but defend it.

We all know what is acceptable and what isn't. This borderline story isn't the one we all really hate.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But what if the kids are autistic?

Then the whole world belongs to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Autistic kids get the short end of the stick on virtually every life experience that most of us take for granted. Those kids will probably never laugh with their friends, kiss a girl, have sex with their wife, and die happy surrounded by their grandchildren. Let them have what happiness they are able to find.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck you Kelvin Loh.

You're not half the king Yul Brynner was!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if the baby sitter has an cat? With no claws!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Autistic kids get the short end of the stick on virtually every life experience that most of us take for granted. Those kids will probably never laugh with their friends, kiss a girl, have sex with their wife, and die happy surrounded by their grandchildren. Let them have what happiness they are able to find.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be that as it may, nobody in that theater is responsible for the lack of a fulfilling life that an autistic person may or may not have.  No one has the right to foist their problems on strangers; not me, not you, nobody.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who is the real "fuck-tard" in this story:  The autistic kid crying during a whipping scene or a grown adult paying $300 per ticket to see a revival of The King and I and expecting a profound theatrical experience?

View Quote

You summed it up nicely.

It has to the fucktard parents of the child. Right ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I am all for kid free venues, hotels, resturants . Most people now do not make their rug rats mind, and that shit gets old fast when you are paying money to enjoy a play, dinner , etc..
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#39]
One day, many years ago, I took my grandparents to a local pancake house for lunch. There was a group of parents there with autistic kids, maybe 5 families total. All were pretty well behaved except for one kid who was wearing earmuffs and howling quite loudly. As we were in line to pay, the mother was walking that kid past us to the lobby. My grandfather said to my grandmother "Maybe if he didn't have those earmuffs on he could hear how loud he's being." A woman in line behind us from that same group  overheard and said indignantly to my grandfather "You don't know anything about that child!" My grandfather just shrugged his shoulders and said "I know that he's loud."

Thats the only reason I really want to get old, so I can get away with saying things like that. I really miss my grandfather.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]
4 kids and 6 grand kids here. Even the stupid one knows better than to act up in public.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We need to just put all children in training camps to become soldiers.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mv9BbNiC26U/Thx25BUby2I/AAAAAAAAALs/z7PkLV320Hs/s1600/soldier-poster.jpg
View Quote

Will They will learn how to kill snakes and all have super hot mothers as well?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One day, many years ago, I took my grandparents to a local pancake house for lunch. There was a group of parents there with autistic kids, maybe 5 families total. All were pretty well behaved except for one kid who was wearing earmuffs and howling quite loudly. As we were in line to pay, the mother was walking that kid past us to the lobby. My grandfather said to my grandmother "Maybe if he didn't have those earmuffs on he could hear how loud he's being." A woman in line behind us from that same group  overheard and said indignantly to my grandfather "You don't know anything about that child!" My grandfather just shrugged his shoulders and said "I know that he's loud."

Thats the only reason I really want to get old, so I can get away with saying things like that. I really miss my grandfather.
View Quote

That made me laugh. Your grandfather was sharp as a tack.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I see no actual evidence the child was autistic. And it seems all bad behavior is explained away these days.
Ah. Defiance. I did that when I was a kid too (not autistic) but my parents weren't so weak as to still not get me to do stuff. My hands would've been pried or smacked off that railing and then, outside, there would have been hell to pay.

Yelling, being defiant, and gripping things isn't automatically autistic behavior. That can easily be bad child behavior. But it seems live everybody is autistic today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I see no actual evidence the child was autistic. And it seems all bad behavior is explained away these days.

But her son was not compliant. What they didn’t see was a mother desperately pleading with her child as he gripped the railing refusing- yelping more out of defiance.

Ah. Defiance. I did that when I was a kid too (not autistic) but my parents weren't so weak as to still not get me to do stuff. My hands would've been pried or smacked off that railing and then, outside, there would have been hell to pay.

Yelling, being defiant, and gripping things isn't automatically autistic behavior. That can easily be bad child behavior. But it seems live everybody is autistic today.

9 times outta 10 when I grew up you'd get your ass beat right there......and no one said shit about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I am sure the mother had no reason to expect that the child might be disruptive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#45]
This is why I love eugenics.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You fail at reading. The kid is not the problem. The fucking inconsiderate parents are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that and the management for not solving the problem (kicking out the disruptive child).
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well, that and the management for not solving the problem (kicking out the disruptive child).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would that look like?  The mother was making an effort to physically remove her son from the theater.  Management should have ____________________, ____________________________, RITP _____________________to expedite the process?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What would that look like?  The mother was making an effort to physically remove her son from the theater.  Management should have ____________________, ____________________________, RITP _____________________to expedite the process?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need cannons at the end of each row to fire autistic kids out of.

I dunno, I didn't read any articles or anything.   Ain't nobody got time for that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I agree, some parents take it too far, they are the ones who make it hard on the parents who try to keep their child calm & quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For example, today we learned that person has the right to run a theater performance for 500 other people if her child is autistic.

I saw some comments on Facebook, where parents of autistic children were acting like no one dare question whatever their kid does, and by damn, they're going to take their kid everywhere, regardless!

There's all this hyperbole and emotional histrionics when anyone complains that the autistic child is making it impossible to concentrate on the performance. These parents act like because it's "not the kid's fault" (true, it's not) that no one should believe that the behavior is disruptive, unwelcome, and heaven forbid anyone notice that the loud yelping is preventing everyone from hearing any of the performance! Hell no, that's just part of the "experience" and you'd better accept it and shut up.

I have no quarrel with a parent who is earnestly trying to get their child out of the theater, as to minimize the disturbance to others. But this sense of entitlement, as if they should never have to worry what anyone else thinks or how it's affecting them...it astonishes me.

I agree, some parents take it too far, they are the ones who make it hard on the parents who try to keep their child calm & quiet.

This this this this!!!

I have witnessed such obnoxiousness from parents, heard about it as well, it is staggering.

I heard about this one situation, with an adult child, autistic and probably schizophrenic, VERY violent, whose parents would never reign in. Their child was institutionalized, in a group home setting, and could do no wrong according to the parents. The caregivers were at physical risk many times, hit, punched, hair yanked out, and the parents would (I was told) LAUGH about the damage their child did, as if the caregivers were lesser human beings.

It was all about giving their child a "normal experience" and being treated like everyone else, but in truth it was anything but that. Their child was a monster at times, because they got away with anything.

And if a member of the staff didn't want to put up with it, didn't want to get punched, hit, hair yanked, they were made to feel "politically incorrect" for it, and admonished for not being compassionate enough.

I think we owe each other decency and consideration, and some good old-fashioned Christian charity, because none of us knows when we might find ourselves in a similar position. Maybe we'll have a child like that ourselves. Maybe one of us will develop a disability, or a family member will and we'll be the caregiver. So yes, we don't want to earn bad Karma points by being too quick to be impatient with someone who is genuinely struggling to give the best care to a disabled loved one.

But it's the assholes and douchebags who abuse this charity, and try to act like ANYTHING goes, we all should put up with ANYTHING, and their child's (or loved one's) desires trump everyone else's, and we're all just supposed to take it and never complain. And if we do, we're horrible human beings for actually having a preference to not hear constant screaming at a movie theater or what have you. The hell with that.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I dunno, I didn't read any articles or anything.   Ain't nobody got time for that.
View Quote

In response to a guy telling the previous poster he fails at reading.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top