Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to think so I just lost my best bud to lung cancer in December. Three weeks after her diagnosis. she was up there in years (12), but hadn't even slowed down up until that point.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can a dog hater join in?  

Dogs suck (generally)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread about dogs, take your atheist superiority elsewhere.

Can a dog hater join in?  

Dogs suck (generally)

No, you suck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You make it sound so one-sided. The OP and several other people made this more than just "a dog thread" by making their religious beliefs a significant part of the discussion.

Your so-called "religion bash" could have been completely avoided if the thread would've been limited to how awesome dogs are, instead of including how wonderful God is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom GD. Basement dwelling miscreants turning a dog thread into a religion bash. Nothing changes lol

You make it sound so one-sided. The OP and several other people made this more than just "a dog thread" by making their religious beliefs a significant part of the discussion.

Your so-called "religion bash" could have been completely avoided if the thread would've been limited to how awesome dogs are, instead of including how wonderful God is.

Go start your own thread to shit in, or is that asking too much?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
n Luke 12:6 Jesus says, "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.”
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dogs don't have souls and can't go to heaven
. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It always pains me to see a thread where someone has had their dog die.
And it makes me think of how truly awesome our dogs truly are to us.

When my father died my dog at the time sat quietly by me and comforted me.
It makes me wonder if they get to go home early because they are so awesome.

Go and pet your Dogs everyone, and remember their time here with us is short.

. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.

Do you have proof, or just the word of man to come to that conclusion?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have taken my dog with me to work every day for 6 years. We take him with us virtually everywhere  we go.

We spoil him. We love him.

When he is not in the car with me, I feel it.

He is my best bud.

View Quote

Making monumental career moves to be able to do this. Life is too short.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need proof of the existence of God, yet you ask me for proof of the lack of dog souls? If dogs went to heaven, the bible would have said so. God watches everything and cares for everything, but heaven is for (some) people. It's quite clear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dogs don't have souls and can't go to heaven. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dogs don't have souls and can't go to heaven. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.

The Pope says you're wrong. I'll take his opinion on the subject over yours.

I'm also smart enough to understand that the Bible is written by man, and man is often wrong.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm also smart enough to understand that the Bible is written by man, and man is often wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pope? Well, that settles it, because the Catholic Church never invented convenient fantasies to suit their interests. Not ever, nuh uh.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Pope? Well, that settles it, because the Catholic Church never invented convenient fantasies to suit their interests. Not ever, nuh uh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you're the pinnacle of all Christian knowledge, but the Pope is talking out of his ass? Gotcha.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If you believe in God, God made wolves, which want nothing to do with us and aren't companion animals.

We made dogs, from wolves, which have the lifespan that they have because in the wild it doesn't really matter.

Perhaps if we wanted animals to be our friends that life a longer life, we should have domesticated sea turtles.

But, for the spirit of the thread, it's bittersweet and sad to have a creature that's so loving and packs so much life into such a short period of time. I keep doing it to myself, gladly, and will probably always have a dog around.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It also could have been completely avoided if atheists didn't feel the need to beat religious people over the head with their beliefs every time they mention them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom GD. Basement dwelling miscreants turning a dog thread into a religion bash. Nothing changes lol

It also could have been completely avoided if atheists didn't feel the need to beat religious people over the head with their beliefs every time they mention them.

Granted. However, such restraint (by atheists and believers) is apparently just too contrary to human nature.

The religious types seem compelled to bring God into discussions, and non-believers will invariably respond.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sure if you believe that sort of thing.

View Quote

Whiner.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Truth, I avoid reading the posts because me and the wife hate thinking about the time when our dog goes. I was really hoping in that lottery win to clone my fur kid.

The wife of the couple we got him from moved to Texas from Guam after the husband passed away and I don't know where my dogs parents are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Granted. However, such restraint (by atheists and believers) is apparently just too contrary to human nature.

The religious types seem compelled to bring God into discussions, and non-believers will invariably respond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The religious type in this case didn't 'bring God into a discussion', the discussion started out that way. The atheists felt their usual call to duty and responded as their faith requires by entering into a religious thread for the sole purpose of shitting in it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The religious type in this case didn't 'bring God into a discussion', the discussion started out that way. The atheists felt their usual call to duty and responded as their faith requires by entering into a religious thread for the sole purpose of shitting in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Starting it out with the idea that god controlls the fates of a man-made companion animal is, well, bringing God into it. In GD, which is not the religious forum, where topics are open to any and all discussions, we're talking about dogs and God and stuff - since the OP brought it up.

Religious forum, where Atheists never shit, is thataway------------->

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Puppies and Kittehs cross the rainbow bridge to Valhalla to get belly rubs and ear scratches from the mighty warrior gods while they wait for you to join them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Starting it out with the idea that god controlls the fates of a man-made companion animal is, well, bringing God into it. In GD, which is not the religious forum, where topics are open to any and all discussions, we're talking about dogs and God and stuff - since the OP brought it up.

View Quote

I'm not taking about religious interpretations of different things in life, I'm talking about whether God was brought into a discussion or if the discussion started out that way. And it did.

And there are sub-forums for everything. What else should be left out of GD?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The religious type in this case didn't 'bring God into a discussion', the discussion started out that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The religious type in this case didn't 'bring God into a discussion', the discussion started out that way.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I cant read these threads...

damn allergies...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because he is a bloodthirsty sadist who likes to watch living beings suffer and die.

Remember, according to the Bible he once killed virtually every living thing on Earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wouldn't that make god a real jerk?

Taking them from loved homes and owners to please himself?

Fucked up.

God loves us why would he harm us?  

Because he is a bloodthirsty sadist who likes to watch living beings suffer and die.

Remember, according to the Bible he once killed virtually every living thing on Earth.

And if you remember that, you'll also remember He also took the time to see animals were preserved.

When God created animals, He saw that it was "good".

Isaiah implies that animals will be with us after judgement. He tells us that "The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” .

Psalm 145:9  tells us, "The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made."

John writes in Revelation 5:13, "And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

We sinned, not the animals. We brought death into the world and animas suffer because of it. The Bible does not tell us one way or another, so I cannot tell you that it does, but I believe He has room for dogs in Heaven.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a confirmed atheist but often wish I wasn't because nothing brings tears to my eyes faster than the thought of all the dogs I've loved somehow waiting for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
View Quote

Go sit in the corner until you grow up, then we'll talk some more.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don't need proof of the existence of God, yet you ask me for proof of the lack of dog souls? If dogs went to heaven, the bible would have said so. God watches everything and cares for everything, but heaven is for (some) people. It's quite clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it isn't. The purpose of the Bible is not to teach us world history. It is to tell us of our creation, our fall into sin, the need of a Savior, God's promise to deliver us one and the completion of Hs promise. The Bible does not tell us many things.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do!!!

so do I.

I've said before, I like dogs much more than people
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Do pit bulls and dogs that maul people or tear up furniture  go to hell?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now you've done it.

The concept of Dog Heaven was hard enough to grasp for some, and now you have to bring in Dog Hell.

The crux of the issue would be if the dog knew it was doing something against the wishes of God and decided to do it anyway.  If that is the case, it's off to Doggy Hades.  Sniff Cerberus's ass on the way by.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There's always that one guy.

We will see our dogs again.  They're waiting for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So, you're the pinnacle of all Christian knowledge, but the Pope is talking out of his ass? Gotcha.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a kid with Down's syndrome tells you God wants you to worship no graven images and that the pope is a bad guy, it doesn't matter how low his IQ is, you should listen to him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thank you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

Man is indeed often wrong, like when he says dogs go to heaven.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pope said so in 2014. What would heaven be without my dogs? Purgatory at best.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Now you've done it.

The concept of Dog Heaven was hard enough to grasp for some, and now you have to bring in Dog Hell.

The crux of the issue would be if the dog knew it was doing something against the wishes of God and decided to do it anyway.  If that is the case, it's off to Doggy Hades.  Sniff Cerberus's ass on the way by.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it.

My Pomeranian is fucked.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So why don't women only live for 10 or 12 years?

Holy shit, that sounded wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe God made them to have shorter lives so that we may enjoy the company of many dogs throughout our lifetime.

Like running through a bunch of girlfriends instead of settling down? I like that.

So why don't women only live for 10 or 12 years?

Holy shit, that sounded wrong.

lol

best post in the thread

I don't know if my dogs will be in Heaven when I get there, but I hope it is so.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm a confirmed atheist but often wish I wasn't because nothing brings tears to my eyes faster than the thought of all the dogs I've loved somehow waiting for me.
View Quote

If it isn't true, it should be true.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#37]
to dogs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Do pet snakes go to heaven? Do they have souls?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not taking about religious interpretations of different things in life, I'm talking about whether God was brought into a discussion or if the discussion started out that way. And it did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair critical analysis, apparently.

The "God made dogs" statement really is like the "Look how the banana fits our hand!" stuff.

But don't point that out.   Cuz then you're a meanie.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 7 pet Tarantulas, and the bible doesn't say they don't have souls. And since his eye is on the sparrow and all...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bible clearly say that animals are one flesh and humans another, but I have a hard time believing that he does not take care of his creations. Matthew 6:26 comes to mind.

Quoted:

Fucked up.

As much as I love my dog, I'm pretty sure God could take care of her better than me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hate to shit on your ice cream, but I HIGHLY doubt with all that is going on in the world, God stops everything and puts focus and attention on a fucking dog....

And I'm a dog lover.

Flamesuit on.
View Quote

You act as though God can't do it at the same time. He's God.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you just demonstrated your ignorance of Christianity...twice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have 7 pet Tarantulas, and the bible doesn't say they don't have souls. And since his eye is on the sparrow and all...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck. Now I am definitely not going to heaven. I was up for it when it was just gold bricked streets and day-long conversations with the world's best minds like Einstein and Socrates.  

But if there is gonna be fucking spiders running around up there. Consider me out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#48]
God is love
God loves man

dogs are love

God made dogs

God loves all his creatures

God would never abandon nor forsake me

I would never abandon nor forsake my dog

God will have all his creations in paradise

all the Beasts in the field will cry out worthy worthy is the lamb.

dogs have souls ask anyone that has held their dogs in their arms as they have passed away.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I like to think that if "heaven" does exist and if I'm lucky enough to get in, it will be filled with the things that brought me joy in my life.

friends, family, being able to sit down with my grand father and listen to his war stories so many times I know them word for word and ask him to tell them one more time.... deep shit like that, and of course dogs. I couldn't imagine my life without them on earth, so why would I want to live without them after I'm gone.

You can choose to believe that when we die its like a light switch going off, but that's actually kind of depressing and if you think about it, it's a suckers bet.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The Bible clearly say that animals are one flesh and humans another, but I have a hard time believing that he does not take care of his creations. Matthew 6:26 comes to mind.

As much as I love my dog, I'm pretty sure God could take care of her better than me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucked up.

None of the Bible versus about dogs indicates God has any affection for dogs.

In fact, they read is if they were written by someone living in a culture that had very little respect or appreciation for them.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top