Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/10/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
Reading the mini14 thread got me wondering why do we hate Bill ruger and his mini14?  Is it because our groupthink disposses to hate fudds?  Did he outsource?  Did he not put beans in his chili?  It's not like he hired Randy Weaver on staff or anything right?  Enlighten me arfcom I'm here to get learned
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill Ruger can rot in hell.

He sold us out. Fuck him. Fuck the AWB.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
He was for the 94 awb . He was upset about Glock and felt America needed a cast stainless pistol instead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
we only need 10 round magazines
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was for the 94 awb . He was upset about Glock and felt America needed a cast stainless pistol instead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Bill is dead.

I like the company.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
People all hung up about Bill Ruger who's dead and doesn't have anything to do with the company now.

Today though Ruger does turn out some nice stuff.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel the same way about Smith and Wesson but GD was able to be selective and forgive them even though they shit all over gun owners during the AWB and signed a deal with .gov  .
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
FPNI.. Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bill is dead.

I like the company.
View Quote
+1 he was a odious opinionated old fuck

the company now produces some neat shit

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Pissing on Bill Ruger's grave is on my bucket list. Same goes for Frank Lautenberg's, Carolyn McCarthy, and Dianne Feinstein's grave.

The last two haven't had the decency to drop fucking dead yet, so I have to wait patiently to relieve my bladder.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the company.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

People all hung up about Bill Ruger who's dead and doesn't have anything to do with the company now.

Today though Ruger does turn out some nice stuff.
View Quote
This. These days Ruger is offering sub-compact handguns, factory magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, and sound suppressors.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the company.
View Quote

So do I, but I dislike what Ruger said, "No honest man needs more than ten rounds."

BR is dead.  I'd buy a Ruger today if I wanted one.  Wish they still made the Ruger Old Army in 5.5".
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The first magazine ban
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-capacity_magazine_ban

William B. Ruger, a founder of Sturm, Ruger & Co., is often ascribed with providing the impetus for such a ban, the genesis of his proposal being his firm's competition with Glock and other handgun manufacturers who provided larger capacity magazines than did Ruger.[citation needed] Ruger said that rather than ban firearms, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[10] On March 30, 1989, Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[11]
The Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1993 included a ban on magazines capable of holding more than ten rounds of ammunition.[12]:1–2

So in addition to the above he was also a well known Elitist snob.

He's dead though, and the company has moved on and today sells firearms that would make his head explode.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bill Ruger can rot in hell.

He sold us out. Fuck him. Fuck the AWB.
View Quote

THIS !!!! fuck bill ruger
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bill is dead.

I like the company.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I We don't
View Quote

I'm not a fan of old Bill, but his company has left him in the past.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
We hate Ruger.  We have always done it that way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#21]
The 10-22 and the MKII are reasons enough for me to like Ruger

And Im seriously considering naming my dog Ruger

I don't give a fuck who Bill was.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I like Ruger's product, I couldn't care less about Bill
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So do I, but I dislike what Ruger said, "No honest man needs more than ten rounds."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the company.

This. Fuck Bill Ruger. He must be rolling over in his grave, with some of the shit his company is doing now, such as making AR15s and high capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck Bill the banner.

That being said, I support Ruger the company.  

I can say that because they are the prime example of a company that learned its lesson and has done everything right in every way that a company can to say "we fucked up, we get that now, and we have really changed....look, we actually give a fuck about not doing the same stupid shit."  S&W can't even say that to the same degree as Ruger.

The company is a prime example of doing exactly what it should to make a mistake right.

Fuck Bill.  And his company now says that too, by the looks of what they sell now....what he tried to do...failed so miserably that not only did his ban fail, his ethos fail...his very own company doesn't even back his play.  If you want to piss on Bill, but a Ruger AR and slap a 30 rd mag in it and blast away.  Talk about being back stabbed...not even pissing on his grave would be as eloquent of a "fuck you" as having a company he owned selling guns he would roll over in his grave of he even knew.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like Ruger's product, I could care less about Bill
View Quote

So you do actually care about Bill?

The correct saying is could not care less.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Bill Ruger sucks dicks in hell as mentioned in previous posts.

Modern Ruger?  Just meh... plenty of issues with poor quality control and shoddy MIM parts (iron sights snapping off, etc.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought we hated everything
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Firstly, Fuck Bill Ruger and his ideas.

Secondly, Ruger is my absolute favorite firearm company.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I bet he thought the 10 round mag suggestion would prevent a complete ban.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The 10-22 and the MKII are reasons enough for me to like Ruger

And Im seriously considering naming my dog Ruger

I don't give a fuck who Bill was.
View Quote
Please don't

After awhile I just have to shake my head at customer after customer that have named their dog Ruger or Colt

But at least they didn't name their kid Ruger or Colt ......oh wait a few of them did

It's as retarded as all the kids/dogs I see named Harley
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Fuck Bill

P series pistols were tanks

Company turned over a new leaf, their stuff is awesome now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#33]
yet many Gders like trump.... who also supported the AWB...more recently then Bill Ruger....
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I like what Ruger puts out now. From all I've read and heard, fuck Bill Ruger.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#35]
This is dumb.

There are plenty of entities that have had owners/founders/leaders that we all would disagree with, but doesn't make the present-day company something to boycott.

Ruger has contributed to the fight for our 2nd amendment (with obvious personal gain) and makes innovative and affordable firearms
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bill is dead.

I like the company.
View Quote

Agreed. The company has changed and now sells high capacity mags, AR's, lightweight triggers and suppressors. What other firearms manufacture is offering a selection of products like that?

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Other than the Mini-14 and the newspaper's worth of print they put on their firearms, I love Rugers!  Especially their revolver lines.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#38]
He is probably the reason the MK1 2 3 pistol only hold 10 rounds.

FBR

Ruger is cool though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Bill is dead.

I like the company.
View Quote

Fit and finish seems to have gone down, but they work. And they've been coming out with cool shit the past few years.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Bill is dead.

I like the company.
View Quote

my feelings exactly.........they make damn fine guns at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Bill Ruger sucked. The family sold the company. Ruger Firearms is alright. Now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Bill Ruger was the Judas of gun owners.

Modern Ruger is nothing like old timey Ruger under the tenure of Judas.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#43]
What year were you born OP?

Not a dig, serious question.
If you missed the Clinton years, you missed a lot.
Ruger, Smith & Wesson...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Besides the Bill Ruger issue, the old mini series of rifles printed targets like rat shit in a dresser drawer.

And they need to start making the products that we want.

Factory old school folder.

Factory SBR.

And reintroduce the PC series of carbines that take Glock mags.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed. The company has changed and now sells high capacity mags, AR's, lightweight triggers and suppressors. What other firearms manufacture is offering a selection of products like that?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bill is dead.

I like the company.

Larue
Sig Sauer
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Besides the Bill Ruger issue, the old mini series of rifles printed targets like rat shit in a dresser drawer.

And they need to start making the products that we want.

Factory old school folder.
Factory SBR.
And reintroduce the PC series of carbines that take Glock mags.
View Quote

While that would be awesome, they aren't going to market something that takes their competitors magazine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is dumb.

There are plenty of entities that have had owners/founders/leaders that we all would disagree with, but doesn't make the present-day company something to boycott.

Ruger has contributed to the fight for our 2nd amendment (with obvious personal gain) and makes innovative and affordable firearms
View Quote

Who said we should boycott them? This thread is about what a piece of shit Bill Ruger was, not about what the current company is doing. Most people in this thread are in agreement that the company has gone in a much better direction without that scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Ruger is one of my favorite manufacturers and they are trying to constantly innovate now. Top notch customer service too.

Bill is worm shit ten times over now. They make AR 15s now lol
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#49]
As most everyone has posted it was Bill whom was hated due to his comments about private ownership of standard magazines.

I wonder a little bit about your mention of "hiring Randy Weaver on staff" as a reason for hating Ruger.  Weaver was the victim, I hope you meant to say Lon Houriuchi, instead of Weaver.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What year were you born OP?

Not a dig, serious question.
If you missed the Clinton years, you missed a lot.
Ruger, Smith & Wesson...
View Quote

ETA
I didn't get into hunting and shooting until 2001.  The Dark Ages are somewhat of a mysterious to me.  I'm all ears to hear how it was back then though.  If so please include stories of the Time Before Bill Ruled and how it led to The Dark Ages
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top