User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ZERO benefits for bastard kids or from broken marriages.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As this mainly applies to childless adults, I would think this would make the FSA more likely to have children than work.

No. It's SO bad that we will have to pay people to NOT have kids and stay married.

Except that the D's don't want it to change.

TC
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Then go start a private charity to feed them.

Government shouldn't be in the charity business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am completely okay with social safety nets as it is cheaper to feed the poor than to have them riot and steal stuff.

Then go start a private charity to feed them.

Government shouldn't be in the charity business.

This times 1,000.

I don't want my "charity" administered with the efficiency of the post office and the compassion of the IRS, or vice versa.  

And I certainly do NOT want people voting to remain attached to the public teat.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
They're doing the same thing in TN.  It's already gone into action.

If you can't find full-time work, you have to prove you tried, and then you must perform 30 hours volunteer work/week (if you want to stay on the dole).
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Divorce shouldn't be easy. Marriage is a big step and to many people inter in to it with the attitude that well if it doesn't work out I will just get divorced. It should be hard to get a divorce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As this mainly applies to childless adults, I would think this would make the FSA more likely to have children than work.

LOL, that's a winning message.

Any Republican 2016: "Did your marriage fail?  I'm going to take away all of the benefits your children receive because fuck you".

Yep, it's kinda like NC law about separations. You have to remain separated for 1 year before divorce. Well, if you follow that and somehow you think you can live together again, but can't you got to wait another entire damn year to file for divorce. Stupid Bible thumper law right there.

Divorce shouldn't be easy. Marriage is a big step and to many people inter in to it with the attitude that well if it doesn't work out I will just get divorced. It should be hard to get a divorce.

The family is the smallest unit of government.  Stable families result in a stable society.  No fault divorce results in the mess we have currently.

But thanks for trying to evangelize your atheism, memsu.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not for ANY soial program in which a person did not earn it as a work benefit nor did not  pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Without pairing it with mandatory birth control it won't work.  Best would be to declare anyone that has more then one kid while on welfare to be committing child abuse by bringing another child into a world of poverty, violence, substance abuse, etc.  Then have DCF take the kids and cut off all benefits until the mom and dad are both sterilized.  Then the kids can be returned and for all I care so can the benefits.  

The problem will correct itself rapidly.  Most especially with the blacks since they have a very strong cultural belief that is openly talked about that they need to outbreed whites.
View Quote

This is good.   It would be better to just cut it all off and watch the fecal matter stains and their crotch fruit starve.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So the kids should starve because their parents are losers?.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Should apply to all adults................if you take the King's coins, you should be willing to work

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly stop it for those with more than 1  offspring, without regard to the situation, as  they should already understand what it takes to raise a child.    Quality over quantity.  

Better still, stop it all, including/especially (un) Earned Income Credit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're a glass half empty kinda guy,  aren't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a glass half empty kinda guy,  aren't you?

more like this... im like this too.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I would have preferred a more modest proposal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I would love to see almost all welfare destroyed , the only exception I could justify are severely disabled individuals which includes the insane . No more handouts for people with hurt feels and fucking flat feet. When I work with someone who does all her work from a wheel chair I know for a fact that a lot of other people could be working if they WANTED to.

The sad reality is in this climate we probably won't see a significant reduction in public assistance happen.  I believe we absolutely could abolish much of this shit the exact same way it was introduced if we had the right people in congress.  Take it all away via gradual baby steps with reductions or modifications in eligibility on a continual basis . After all we don't want to leave anyone out in the cold to starve.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. And so they will grow up to be well-fed losers, like their parents. And have kids.

Rock, meet Hard Place.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I vote that foodstamps go back to actual FOOD STAMPS.  You know... the coupon where you trade it for a loaf of bread, gallon of milk, and government cheese.  

20 years ago when people were ashamed to be on the dole
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep, it's kinda like NC law about separations. You have to remain separated for 1 year before divorce. Well, if you follow that and somehow you think you can live together again, but can't you got to wait another entire damn year to file for divorce. Stupid Bible thumper law right there.
View Quote

Reno!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Scamming has become a big part of the American lifestyle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's the way it here in our County in California.  I was at my wife's work dropping off a lunch for her, and a kid runs in with a job application and drops it on her desk and runs out.  "What the fuck was THAT all about?"

"Oh, we get that three or four times a day.  They have to send out resumes to show they've been trying to get a job or they don't get benefits.  Most send their kids in so they don't have to get out of the car," she said disgustedly, throwing the resume in the trash, "...and this is how they're 'filed'."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They changed our system to that same one in January.  Huge uproar from the FSA.  However,  one way to qualify is to show that they have looked for work as well.  So they just go apply at a bunch of places they never intend on working at.

That's the way it here in our County in California.  I was at my wife's work dropping off a lunch for her, and a kid runs in with a job application and drops it on her desk and runs out.  "What the fuck was THAT all about?"

"Oh, we get that three or four times a day.  They have to send out resumes to show they've been trying to get a job or they don't get benefits.  Most send their kids in so they don't have to get out of the car," she said disgustedly, throwing the resume in the trash, "...and this is how they're 'filed'."

I would call those fucking assholes back for an 8am Monday morning interview or a 4pm Friday afternoon interview... If and it's a BIG IF, they showed up I would drag the interview out and schedule follow ups at really inconvenient times. If they ever missed an interview, and they would, I would report them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, that's a winning message.

Any Republican 2016: "Did your marriage fail?  I'm going to take away all of the benefits your children receive because fuck you".

Shouldn't be easy, but marriage without divorce is like capitalism without bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top