Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, bigger Berlin Wall. Imitate the great success they had there. OK.
View Quote
The Berlin Wall was to keep people in.  I'm happy to let anyone leave at any time.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Berlin Wall was to keep people in.  I'm happy to let anyone leave at any time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, same idea, right?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I talked to a woman who had been beaten and robbed repeatedly, and probably a lot more shit that she didn't want to talk about. You good with repeatedly raping her until she gets the point?
View Quote

Meh.

If our Afghan "allies" can bugger little boys and get a pass form our government (and even punish our GIs trying to stop it) then I don't give two shits what happens to some illegal on the Mexican side of the border.

She should have stayed where she was. At least if she got raped at home she would not be as foot-worn.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He's right,the wall wouldn't stop much at all.Over,under,through.......

Supply and demand-get rid of the free school,anchor baby bullshit,welfare,tax "refunds",free medical care,no job if you aren't legal,no drivers license,etc and they will have no reason to come here.
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, they have actually shut the border down before, without any of that shit. How did that work out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It might just end up a situation where it's either, "get shot making an illegal crossing." Or, build a wall with restricted openings for controlled traffic. Which would you choose?

Aloha, Mark

Well, they have actually shut the border down before, without any of that shit. How did that work out?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
But, same idea, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, same idea, right?
Not at all.  The immoral part of the Berlin Wall was the whole "shooting people trying to escape their dictatorship" thing.  We're simply keeping people out who don't have a legal right to be here.  Unless you are one of those open borders fanatics who thinks all immigration laws are immoral, I don't see the issue with that.  Good fences make for good neighbors.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It might just end up a situation where it's either, "get shot making an illegal crossing." Or, build a wall with restricted openings for controlled traffic. Which would you choose?

Aloha, Mark

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif

Too young to know modern history? They didn't teach anything about it in school?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They can most certainly be compelled to pay for it. Without a doubt.

View Quote

Yep. Say hello to the new border tax visitors will pay for the privilege of entering our country.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In my case I actually talked to a few of those illegal immigrants. One good example was a middle aged woman who had left her family in Guatemala to come to the US because the gang wars down there were killing everyone around them, there was no work, no food, and no future for her kids, etc. So she saved her money, left her family and got on the train as far as it would take her. Then she walked the rest of the way. On the way she got beaten up, robbed, and who knows what else?

When she got here, she got whatever jobs she could get, learned English and sent every spare dollar to her family. She eventually became a US citizen and brought her family with her, legally. She stated very plainly that she looked at it as a matter of survival for her children.

It is kinda hard to discourage people who will go through all that shit to try to save their children. Also, she worked so goddamn hard that she really was an asset to the US community.

Of course, we could have shot her at the border instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The whining from the "ranchers" along the border would be epic when the .gov takes their land to build the wall. I'm sure there will be some hornie toad that will need protection too.

How about a few hundred billion in oil/gas?

Don't care....Not even a little bit.

It would be the Deal of the Day compared to what illegals cost the USA.

What's wrong, skeered you would have to mow your own lawn or Heaven forbid pay a US citizen to roof your house?

In my case I actually talked to a few of those illegal immigrants. One good example was a middle aged woman who had left her family in Guatemala to come to the US because the gang wars down there were killing everyone around them, there was no work, no food, and no future for her kids, etc. So she saved her money, left her family and got on the train as far as it would take her. Then she walked the rest of the way. On the way she got beaten up, robbed, and who knows what else?

When she got here, she got whatever jobs she could get, learned English and sent every spare dollar to her family. She eventually became a US citizen and brought her family with her, legally. She stated very plainly that she looked at it as a matter of survival for her children.

It is kinda hard to discourage people who will go through all that shit to try to save their children. Also, she worked so goddamn hard that she really was an asset to the US community.

Of course, we could have shot her at the border instead.

So she came here legally?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There will be no massive tariffs imposed on Mexico to pay for a wall.   You realize that, don't you?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is the same shitbag who addressed a joint session of Congress and spent the whole time badmouthing the US and blaming the US for all of Mexicos problems. Fuck that dude with a rusty cactus. Mexico will pay for the wall via tariffs. He is a stupid prick and is barely fit to push a mower or work a leaf blower.  

There will be no massive tariffs imposed on Mexico to pay for a wall.   You realize that, don't you?  

No need for tariffs.  Simply take it out of the $43 Billion per year we give them in foreign aid money.  At least then those dollars would be used for something useful to the US.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not at all.  The immoral part of the Berlin Wall was the whole "shooting people trying to escape their dictatorship" thing.  We're simply keeping people out who don't have a legal right to be here.  Unless you are one of those open borders fanatics who thinks all immigration laws are immoral, I don't see the issue with that.  Good fences make for good neighbors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, same idea, right?

Well, as long as you have a good reason for shooting people who aren't a deadly threat to you, then we are good. The international PR ought to be wonderful.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

how did she get her citizenship?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I don't know all the details. It was years ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Meh.

If our Afghan "allies" can bugger little boys and get a pass form our government (and even punish our GIs trying to stop it) then I don't give two shits what happens to some illegal on the Mexican side of the border.

She should have stayed where she was. At least if she got raped at home she would not be as foot-worn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to a woman who had been beaten and robbed repeatedly, and probably a lot more shit that she didn't want to talk about. You good with repeatedly raping her until she gets the point?

Meh.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The world wonders.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Too young to know modern history? They didn't teach anything about it in school?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif

If you think that at any point the ENTIRE border was secure in preventing all access, then I have oceanfront property in Death Valley to sell you
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well, as long as you have a good reason for shooting people who aren't a deadly threat to you, then we are good. The international PR ought to be wonderful.
View Quote
You would try to apprehend peacefully if at all possible, you know, like how we enforce every other law in this country.  Let me ask you this, is it immoral to shoot people who run the checkpoint at a military base?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you think that at any point the ENTIRE border was secure in preventing all access, then I have oceanfront property in Death Valley to sell you
View Quote

Google "Operation Intercept". You are welcome.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You would try to apprehend peacefully if at all possible, you know, like how we enforce every other law in this country.  Let me ask you this, is it immoral to shoot people who run the checkpoint at a military base?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean, is it immoral to shoot people to protect a place where nuclear weapons may be stored, as opposed to shooting someone who is just trying to come across a national border?  Is that the question?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Calderon apparently doesn't understand that the price is coming out of the Mexican welfare the US gives to them, LOL.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Let me tell you what I would do.

When I am elected President, I will send the Army into Mexico. They will seize a one kilometer wide strip of territory and the said territory will thoroughly be seeded with landmines, booby traps and remote control guns.  Think Berlin Wall, but betterer.

Then half a kilometer before the border, there will be multiple sections of razor wire. Then more land mines.  Then there will be a wall--the Great Wall of FTC.    I would eliminate welfare and I would use the money saved to build a wall.  A very tall wall.

I would also sell advertizing that would be painted onto the wall.  Perhaps even the naming rights to the wall.  
View Quote

I prefer the idea for making money on the wall that Rush came up with today.  Build luxury penthouses on the guard towers and rent them out for big money.  His idea was that you could watch the goings on in Mexico like watching animals at the zoo.

I prefer the idea that I have for "guest border crosser sniper" privileges for penthouse guests.  I'm sure that there would be more than a couple of people who would pay big bucks for a week long stay with that sort of package deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You mean, is it immoral to shoot people to protect a place where nuclear weapons may be stored, as opposed to shooting someone who is just trying to come across a national border?  Is that the question?
View Quote
They don't all have nukes.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Raise taxes on money sent back to Mexico and stop the 1 billion in foreign aid we give. That'll be a good start.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Supply and demand-get rid of the free school,anchor baby bullshit,welfare,tax "refunds",free medical care,no job if you aren't legal,no drivers license,etc and they will have no reason to come here.
View Quote

Properly built and manned with the right ROE would stop a great amount of illegal traffic.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know? The US Govt. never announces the locations of nukes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Correct answer is to turn her back around and send her home.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Properly built and manned with the right ROE would stop a great amount of illegal traffic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it did with Operation Intercept. Right?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

You must have missed the story. Lots of people tried.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Oh please.  Answer the question.  Is your position that it is never o.k. to shoot someone who crosses a checkpoint?  If not, where do you draw the line?  National security?  Isn't border control a national security issue?  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Raise taxes on money sent back to Mexico and stop the 1 billion in foreign aid we give. That'll be a good start.
View Quote

So tax anyone doing business with Mexico, whether they are legitimate or not?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not talking about legitimate crossings.

I'm talking about the ones in the middle of nowhere where people cross illegally EVERYDAY.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh please.  Answer the question.  Is your position that it is never o.k. to shoot someone who crosses a checkpoint?  If not, where do you draw the line?  National security?  Isn't border control a national security issue?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deadly threat seems to be the general line that society draws on shooting people. You know, like protecting nukes and other heavy weapons from bad guys.

So you think the standard should be changed to "walking in the wrong place"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm talking about the ones in the middle of nowhere where people cross illegally EVERYDAY.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, how did Operation Intercept work out when they tried to close any part of it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The world wonders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The world wonders.

Sounds like a bullshit story designed to illicit feels. He should be a politician.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't hire Mexicans to build it or it'll be half assed and complete in half the time it should normally take.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The check will appear magically in your mailbox, just like the check from the lottery that you didn't enter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling you're right.

The check will appear magically in your mailbox, just like the check from the lottery that you didn't enter.

You've made your position on enforcing our national borders crystal clear.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sounds like a bullshit story designed to illicit feels. He should be a politician.
View Quote

Now what's illegal about my feels?

It was a long time ago, and there have been numerous changes in the policy since, so who knows?  

But ignore the reasons that people go through all that shit to come here. I am sure you can stop them with a firm "No." Just like you wouldn't move to get a better life for your kids.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling you're right.

You seem to know an awful lot for someone who can't answer simple questions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Building a wall is useless.

What we need to do is put remotely controlled ma duce emplacements about every mile along the border with NV and thermal imaging....and put signs up every 500 feet along the border.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What we need to do is put remotely controlled ma duce emplacements about every mile along the border with NV and thermal imaging....and put signs up every 500 feet along the border.

http://dailybuzzlive.com/wp-content/uploads/il_340x270.529154871_egd6.jpg

View Quote

Yes! We can fap to automated killing!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

That is apples and oranges to wall with machine guns on top and land mines in a no man's land.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#43]
The wall won't work. . . no point in even building it. . . fuck trying to control our borders and shit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing it wouldn't take very many shootings before word got out.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was a long time ago, and there have been numerous changes in the policy since, so who knows?  

But ignore the reasons that people go through all that shit to come here. I am sure you can stop them with a firm "No." Just like you wouldn't move to get a better life for your kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like one of those bible-thumping do-gooders from those churches in my AO that would empty-out every third-world shit hole in SA if they were given their rathers.

Because of those pieces of shit my AO has seen a huge increase in Hispanic immigrants. They are affiliated with the same low crowd that wants to settle Syrians in the Shenandoah Valley.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Deadly threat seems to be the general line that society draws on shooting people. You know, like protecting nukes and other heavy weapons from bad guys.

View Quote
If I jump the fence at a police impound lot they will chase me down and attempt to subdue me peacefully.  If I threaten them, they will use deadly force.  Why would these same ROE be unfair on the border?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

If I jump the fence at a police impound lot they will chase me down and attempt to subdue me peacefully. If I threaten them, they will use deadly force. Why would these same ROE be unfair on the border?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I jump the fence at a police impound lot they will chase me down and attempt to subdue me peacefully. If I threaten them, they will use deadly force. Why would these same ROE be unfair on the border?

Becasue he FEELS there is a difference.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her motivations are not relevant to me. That policy has not changed, your whole story is suspect. Maybe you're just incredibly naive or maybe you have an agenda.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess, you consider yourself "pro-life"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Your not understanding. Trump said he'd do it so it's going to happen!    Don't ask him how though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is the same shitbag who addressed a joint session of Congress and spent the whole time badmouthing the US and blaming the US for all of Mexicos problems. Fuck that dude with a rusty cactus. Mexico will pay for the wall via tariffs. He is a stupid prick and is barely fit to push a mower or work a leaf blower.

Your not understanding. Trump said he'd do it so it's going to happen!    Don't ask him how though...

Instead of giving them 40 billion a year in foreign aid, cut it off and build a wall. Come on use your brain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top