Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/8/2016 5:16:21 PM EDT

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/mexico-wont-pay-single-cent-for-trumps-stupid-wall.html

Donald Trump may want to build a wall across the U.S. southern border to
keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, former
President Felipe Calderon told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not
very well-informed man."

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a
stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course not.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
He's not wrong.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/mexico-wont-pay-single-cent-for-trumps-stupid-wall.html

Donald Trump may want to build a wall across the U.S. southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, former President Felipe Calderon told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

View Quote
View Quote
He's mad.  Of course they don't want to pay for it.  "Silver or Lead", I say.  And if those uppity Canadians want to get in on the action we can send some love their way as well.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
He is the same shitbag who addressed a joint session of Congress and spent the whole time badmouthing the US and blaming the US for all of Mexicos problems. Fuck that dude with a rusty cactus. Mexico will pay for the wall via tariffs. He is a stupid prick and is barely fit to push a mower or work a leaf blower.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]
it's not stupid.

you're stupid!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
 A WHOLE SHIT load of non-union day laborers would happily build  the wall,  for cheap.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet we can force them to build the wall.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
" />
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
They can most certainly be compelled to pay for it. Without a doubt.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is the same shitbag who addressed a joint session of Congress and spent the whole time badmouthing the US and blaming the US for all of Mexicos problems. Fuck that dude with a rusty cactus. Mexico will pay for the wall via tariffs. He is a stupid prick and is barely fit to push a mower or work a leaf blower.
View Quote

There will be no massive tariffs imposed on Mexico to pay for a wall.   You realize that, don't you?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 A WHOLE SHIT load of non-union day laborers would happily build  the wall,  for cheap.
View Quote

So what you're saying is there is a job Americans want to do?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There will be no massive tariffs imposed on Mexico to pay for a wall.   You realize that, don't you?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's going to be great.  One of the greatest things ever.  And everybody will be amazed at how it got done.  We're talking epic amounts of teamwork and pride here.  A hundred years from now the Mexicans will point to it with pride.  They Mexicans will love us for it.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your not understanding. Trump said he'd do it so it's going to happen!    Don't ask him how though...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
He's right,the wall wouldn't stop much at all.Over,under,through.......

Supply and demand-get rid of the free school,anchor baby bullshit,welfare,tax "refunds",free medical care,no job if you aren't legal,no drivers license,etc and they will have no reason to come here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's not wrong.
View Quote

Okay...we should just adopt Mexico's immigration laws then.....wonder how Felipe and his corrupt 3rd world crap hole would like that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Tarrifs for non-compliance, how do they work?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's going to be great.  One of the greatest things ever.  And everybody will be amazed at how it got done.  We're talking epic amounts of teamwork and pride here.  A hundred years from now the Mexicans will point to it with pride.  They Mexicans will love us for it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rest assure my friends, they will pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Donald Trump may want to build a wall across the U.S. southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, former President Felipe Calderon told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.
View Quote
View Quote

I-94's for Border Crossing Cards will go up from $6.00 to $20.00, boom Mexicans just paid for the wall.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I watched Sicario last week.

Damn mexico, you scary!

Not like the cancun beaches of my youth
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or tax the hell out of the cash going south.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Illegal immigration helps Mexico and hurts the U.S. so of course some former Mexican official gets salty as a tortilla chip when stopping illegal immigration gets brought up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
In 2013 the US gave 51.5 million to Mexico.

I think they'll pay for the wall, one way or another.

No wall, no aid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Game of thrones style Great Wall!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll gladly accept a tax increase to build a wall.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
What about jebby's invisible wall.....the Wall of Love? I have a sneaking suspicion Calderon would in favor of that one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Long walls don't work?

Try telling the Israelis that.  They call it a "security fence."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#27]
How much aid does the U.S. Send to Mexico.

Just take it out of that,
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Let me tell you what I would do.

When I am elected President, I will send the Army into Mexico. They will seize a one kilometer wide strip of territory and the said territory will thoroughly be seeded with landmines, booby traps and remote control guns.  Think Berlin Wall, but betterer.

Then half a kilometer before the border, there will be multiple sections of razor wire. Then more land mines.  Then there will be a wall--the Great Wall of FTC.    I would eliminate welfare and I would use the money saved to build a wall.  A very tall wall.

I would also sell advertizing that would be painted onto the wall.  Perhaps even the naming rights to the wall.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Money to build a wall is 100% meaningless unless you have the political will to build it in the first place.  Collectively we do not have the will so the point is moot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't that what he said in how it was going to be paid for?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question...

Are tariffs imposed by Presidential decree?   Do Presidents have the authority to void U.S. Law?

If so, he should have no problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When I am elected President, I will send the Army into Mexico. They will seize a one kilometer wide strip of territory and the said territory will thoroughly be seeded with landmines, booby traps and remote control guns.  Think Berlin Wall, but better.

Then half a kilometer before the border, there will be multiple sections of razor wire. Then more land mines.  Then there will be a wall and the wall will be paid for by savings in welfare programs.  I would eliminate welfare and use the money saved to build a wall.  A very tall wall.

View Quote

"How can you shoot women...........children???"
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#34]
They will pay for it and it will work.  why do you think this shitbag and his ilk are so worried?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#36]
But it will be beautiful. It will be yuge.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I am elected President, I will send the Army into Mexico. They will seize a one kilometer wide strip of territory and the said territory will thoroughly be seeded with landmines, booby traps and remote control guns.  Think Berlin Wall, but better.

Then half a kilometer before the border, there will be multiple sections of razor wire. Then more land mines.  Then there will be a wall and the wall will be paid for by savings in welfare programs.  I would eliminate welfare and use the money saved to build a wall.  A very tall wall.

There would be adequate notice posted and if one got past the razor wire, the resulting misfortune would be on them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How much money does the federal government give to Mexico each year?

Redirect those funds to pay for a wall.

Boom! Done.
View Quote

Pays for it in 2 years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do realize that US citizens pay the tariffs, not the Mexicans, don't you?

I guess not.

Cactus doesn't rust, either.  Sorry if all this is news to you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah,  they probably wont write a check for it,  but im guessing it would be quite easy to get them to fund it indirectly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There would be adequate notice posted and if one got past the razor wire, the resulting misfortune would be on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah! Use the same plan that worked so well for the commies in Berlin. That's the kind of people we are!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah,  they probably wont write a check for it,  but im guessing it would be quite easy to get them to fund it indirectly.
View Quote

I am looking for a new car. How do I get you to fund it indirectly for me?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He does  have a distinctive way of talking, doesn't he.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Place a tax on electronic fund transfers to Mexico...when you consider that 90+% of those funds are transferred from illegals back home to Mexico, it's a very effective way to pay for a wall.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pays for it in 2 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much money does the federal government give to Mexico each year?

Redirect those funds to pay for a wall.

Boom! Done.

Pays for it in 2 years.

Yup, I'm sure that's how the budgeting process will work.

Trump will walk over to Congress and tell them to cease funding any and all foreign aid to Mexico, and "redirect those funds" to a wall building project.

Congress will meekly comply, in spite of the details and actual effects.  Then the Senate will pass that budget without hesitation, and trump will get his wall.

Yup.  That's just how it will happen.  

If that DOESN'T happen, will Trump veto every budget until they do this?   Will he be a Cruz-like "maniac" and shut down the government over it?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Sniper towers are cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't lead them so much
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'll gladly accept a tax increase to build a wall.

View Quote

Lol.  Understand that it won't make a lick of difference on them coming over here.  The drug cartels control the crossing routs by land, sea, and air. They have hundreds of tunnels.  I know for a fact they have tons of border patrol (from the bottom to the top) on the payroll.  They ship right across the the ports of entry and customs looks the other way.  A stupid wall won't help with the corruption.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

contact bernie sanders, he has a plan for free college, a car would be cheap in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#50]
The GOPe wants the cheap labor, the Democrats want the votes and Hollywood wants the blow.  Thats why the fucking wall isn't built.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top