User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice gangster hood there sport.
View Quote

He was just sensitive to the cold reality of losing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He didn't want it.

This is what it looks like when a quarterback wants to win a superbowl:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000360754/John-Elway-s-iconic-helicopter-run
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

exactly what came to mind when I saw Newton's puss out.

Betcha Elway thought it, too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sure he'll get away with it b/c it's the NFL and all, but in college, or even HS ball, that would result in some sort of punishment.  Everyone knows you jump on a loose ball.  Every time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]

It looks retarded as hell, what is it supposed to represent/ signify??
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm going against the grain on this one. Fuck sportsmanship. You play to WIN the fucking game. You don't play to congratulate the other team after you lose and answer a million and one stupid questions afterward. Winners get accolades, trophies, awards and bitches. Losers get nothing. No one should take pride in losing.
View Quote

No, but you should act like a man when you lose. If you are a leader, then you damn well better act like one. This whiny shit is for weaklings. Real leaders, real MVP's suck it up and own it. He owns his play for that game, nobody else. The true nature of his character was revealed in how he handled defeat. He is a great role model for who you do not want to be like.

a big part of what is wrong with kids today, is they don't know how to lose. You don't learn how to deal with defeat when everyone gets a trophy for showing up.

Learning to deal with defeat, owning the loss, is how you learn to avoid loss, it's how you learn to drive yourself to bigger and better things.

Cam was a child who was used to everything going his way. Life has a way of reminding folks that they aren't infallible. Let's see iof he learns anything from this.  Maybe he'll learn humility.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, but you should act like a man when you lose. If you are a leader, then you damn well better act like one. This whiny shit is for weaklings. Real leaders, real MVP's suck it up and own it. He owns his play for that game, nobody else. The true nature of his character was revealed in how he handled defeat. He is a great role model for who you do not want to be like.

a big part of what is wrong with kids today, is they don't know how to lose. You don't learn how to deal with defeat when everyone gets a trophy for showing up.

Learning to deal with defeat, owning the loss, is how you learn to avoid loss, it's how you learn to drive yourself to bigger and better things.

Cam was a child who was used to everything going his way. Life has a way of reminding folks that they aren't infallible. Let's see iof he learns anything from this.  Maybe he'll learn humility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going against the grain on this one. Fuck sportsmanship. You play to WIN the fucking game. You don't play to congratulate the other team after you lose and answer a million and one stupid questions afterward. Winners get accolades, trophies, awards and bitches. Losers get nothing. No one should take pride in losing.

I hope for his sake you are right. Maybe he will find a way to come out of this a better person.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are few things I like more than seeing an arrogant, pompous ass go down.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
"Runs away from a fumble like it was a live grenade..." LOL

That was awesome!

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Such an incredible skill set
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Great Quarterback but very immature person that needs to grow up.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]

He a spoiled kid who's ben fed full of 'You're great! You're a superstar!' bullshit his entire life. He has never developed humility with grace.

On the fumble issue, it looked to me like he had to take a step back in order to be able to get inverted to try and recover the ball...and while doing so saw that the ball had squirted out and was no longer there to fall on. It's pretty hard to just go inverted without moving in some fashion.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dab_%28dance%29

From what it says, you can basically assume it's another retarded trend like twerking that started last year.
The Dab (also known as dabbin') is a hip hop dance in which the dancer simultaneously drops the head while raising an arm, briefly resting the face inside the elbow in a gesture that has been noted to resemble “proper sneezing etiquette" then they blow air really hard to make that noise
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yea..pussy move...

But QB's seem to get hurt when they do stupid shit...

Look at how well it worked for the bungals when the fire crotch made a tackle...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yea..pussy move...

Look at how well it worked for the bungals when the fire crotch made a tackle...

I agree weak but he make a wise buisness decision. He does the team no good injured on sideline. Do the math a torn ligament or any shoulder/collar injury would put him out next season. It's a 8 month injury if u tear an acl. Look at kelvin Benjamin his start wr. Out first week in camp with acl and is just now starting to run full on it. That's just running. Not counting conditioning, strength training and the stress route running/cutting puts on it. The slightest injury that we can accur in our everyday lives could take a player out of a game because of how hard their joints are pushed
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know why anyone is surprised how he acted at the press conference after the game.  If you have kept up any with that team over the last few years, his behavior was normal for him losing any game, not just the Super Bowl.  Not long ago when they were having a terrible season, you would see him on ESPN all the time with his post game press conferences.  He would stand at the podium, stare at the floor while pouting, and give mumbling, short answers with no substance.  When he's winning, he's all into talking for as long as someone will listen, pounding on his chest pretending to be superman, etc.  When he's losing, he shows his real character, or I should say lack there of. I think the guy has great talent, but he continues to show that he doesn't have the personality and character to be the leader of an NFL team.  A true leader of a team will find something to say and some way to remain positive, even in a bad loss.  He failed to respect the Broncos for winning the game and failed to show any respect for himself and his team in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm torn between thinking: did he chicken-out from diving into the fray on that fumble or was he thinking: I might catch a bounce that enables me to do something great. At the end of the day, I never saw Carolina losing this game. Congrats to Peyton, I guess....

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Edit -- double tap dupe  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/denver-broncos-players-slam-cam-newton-following-super-bowl-win-he-didnt-want-it/ar-BBpee23?li=BBnb7Kz

Quoted:
He needs to  at least  step up today, eat a big slice of humble pie, congratulate the Broncos and apoligize to his team mates and coach.

I think if he did that, it wld take some of the sting out of how he let his team down and tell them he is gonna put his big boy pants on and come back a different person next season.    

Can only hope.

In that video he's placing alot of the blame on himself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck Cam, racist little loser bitch. As much as I can't stand Von Miller, I'm glad he made Cam his personal bitch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#21]
He should have gotten a "Participation" Trophy
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He a spoiled kid who's ben fed full of 'You're great! You're a superstar!' bullshit his entire life. He has never developed humility with grace.

On the fumble issue, it looked to me like he had to take a step back in order to be able to get inverted to try and recover the ball...and while doing so saw that the ball had squirted out and was no longer there to fall on. It's pretty hard to just go inverted without moving in some fashion.

View Quote

I'm a 50 year old worn out guy and from where he was I could have covered that ball. I played high school ball and would have spent the next several days doing broke dick fumble recovery over that, meat grinder style.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Being a big fucking Pussy?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He will live with that replay forever. Pussy
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#26]
WTF?  Why should he risk getting injured?  Do you drive your Ferraris all willy-nilly over potholed streets?  He got to protect his assets for that big green cheddah!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#27]
"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]

His team mates has seen his dabs and Superman crap.

I wonder what they think of this move?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Cam Newton is to Arfcom, what Sarah Palin is the DU...

I hope he throws for 6000yrds, 50 touchdowns, wins the Super Bowl and dabs at the white house next year, just to see Arfcom heads explode...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cam Newton is to Arfcom, what Sarah Palin is the DU...

I hope he throws for 6000yrds, 50 touchdowns, wins the Super Bowl and dabs at the white house next year, just to see Arfcom heads explode...
View Quote

why?

Cam Newton is an asshole.

A thief, a racist, an arrogant ass when he wins and a petulant little bitch when he loses.

why would you wish success on someone like that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#31]
From that angle it seems as though he had a pretty good shot at a recovery attempt................quite a few QB's would have gone after it

Quoted:
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/plFhvUKSX0TxkTM7FRFSd-e9VuI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6008681/fraidycam.0.gif

His team mates has seen his dabs and Superman crap.

I wonder what they think of this move?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WTF?  Why should he risk getting injured?  Do you drive your Ferraris all willy-nilly over potholed streets?  He got to protect his assets for that big green cheddah!
View Quote

Agreed 100%. He made a BUISNESS decision.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

From what it says, you can basically assume it's another retarded trend like twerking that started last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dab (also known as dabbin') is a hip hop dance in which the dancer simultaneously drops the head while raising an arm, briefly resting the face inside the elbow in a gesture that has been noted to resemble “proper sneezing etiquette" then they blow air really hard to make that noise

Yeah, no. It's the motion made when you take a huge hit of hash oil and are trying not to cough.  It's a hood rat drug thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I will never forgive myself for taking the +5.5 with Denver instead of taking them on the moneyline. But I actually thought Carolina had a chance in that game.

But Carolina had never seen a defense like Denver's. Look at the cake schedule that Carolina had and look at the gauntlet that Denver had to run through, Brady twice, Big Ben twice, etc.

They were just on another level. That being said, Carolina's defense, especially Luke played their asses off. They stopped nearly every run and kept even the shadow of Peyton from throwing more than a few dinks and dunks for 3 or 4 yards.

Cam just mentally checked out way before that. You see Peyton after he throws an int or goes 3 and out and he's always either huddled up with his guys and coaches or looking at the tablets and sheets to see what he can fix on the next series. Then you look at Cam, he walks off by himself with a towel over his head, he doesn't talk to anyone. One guy from the NY Times timed that he stared at the ground for 14 seconds straight after that play...before wandering off down the sideline by himself again.

He just can't deal with adversity like that. He told the world he was Superman and then he was getting knocked on his ass every play, somewhere along the line his mind just broke and he never came back.

I don't care one way or another but I wouldn't be shocked if we aren't looking at the next Kaepernick or RG3. Good running backs with strong arms that get exposed by superior athletes when forced to play like an actual NFL quarterback. All Denver did was force Cam to stay in the pocket and beat them throwing the ball, he failed. Miserably.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Fig Newton.  Soft and fruity inside, got chewed up by an old man ......

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

New name, Choke Newton.

Fig Newton.  Soft and fruity inside, got chewed up by an old man ......

Von Miller ain't that old!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#36]
He is a total douche
The panthers aren't even a real team
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#37]

#1 Bitch
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not a football fan of any sorts; but my 8 year old son adores the guy. He is cocky, but if I could do what he does I'd be a cocky sob as well.

Grown men take this shit waaaaayyyy to seriously. It's a game.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Cam Newton is a classless douche. Give all the kids all the footballs you want, your actions when shit goes bad speaks volumes about your true character.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cam Newton is a classless douche. Give all the kids all the footballs you want, your actions when shit goes bad speaks volumes about your true character.
View Quote

That was nothing but a PR move by the front office telling him to do that
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. He has a lot of growing up to do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more

I agree, I've seen him do that before other games too so I'm assuming her never puts his hand over his heart for the NA? I will not respect a man who will not show proper respect to our country.

He is the complete opposite of Payton is almost every way. He is the Anti Payton!!! How fitting it is that Payton will be taking home the ring

Best quote I saw... he when from Superman...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7cp2H9ay1rq7b6fo1_400.jpg

To the Incredible Sulk!
http://media.philly.com/images/600*400/Newton+1200x800+post+SB+news+conference+hoody+GettyImages-508992106.jpg

Great performance and attitude for the 2015 League MVP

Barring a future injury, I'm sure he'll recover from this and probably make it back to the SuperBowl (and maybe even win?) before his career is over but yesterday's performance (both on and off the field) will haunt him for a long time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more

Quoted:
What pissed me off right off the bat was him chomping his gum, shaking his head like he was Stevie Wonder and not placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

I agree, I've seen him do that before other games too so I'm assuming her never puts his hand over his heart for the NA? I will not respect a man who will not show proper respect to our country.

He is the complete opposite of Payton is almost every way. He is the Anti Payton!!! How fitting it is that Payton will be taking home the ring

Best quote I saw... he when from Superman...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7cp2H9ay1rq7b6fo1_400.jpg

To the Incredible Sulk!
http://media.philly.com/images/600*400/Newton+1200x800+post+SB+news+conference+hoody+GettyImages-508992106.jpg

Great performance and attitude for the 2015 League MVP

Barring a future injury, I'm sure he'll recover from this and probably make it back to the SuperBowl (and maybe even win?) before his career is over but yesterday's performance (both on and off the field) will haunt him for a long time.

Psst...........it's Peyton, not Payton.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why would he jump on that fumble?  They were already down.  He has a lot of money a head of him if he stays healthy.
View Quote

So, like everyone has already said, he was only thinking of himself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummmm... no. Russell Wilson would have dove on that ball in a regular season game, and he 6 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter. Cam is a bitch that won't give his all when flustered. He bitches out in the biggest game of his life.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I will never forgive myself for taking the +5.5 with Denver instead of taking them on the moneyline. But I actually thought Carolina had a chance in that game.

But Carolina had never seen a defense like Denver's. Look at the cake schedule that Carolina had and look at the gauntlet that Denver had to run through, Brady twice, Big Ben twice, etc.

They were just on another level. That being said, Carolina's defense, especially Luke played their asses off. They stopped nearly every run and kept even the shadow of Peyton from throwing more than a few dinks and dunks for 3 or 4 yards.

Cam just mentally checked out way before that. You see Peyton after he throws an int or goes 3 and out and he's always either huddled up with his guys and coaches or looking at the tablets and sheets to see what he can fix on the next series. Then you look at Cam, he walks off by himself with a towel over his head, he doesn't talk to anyone. One guy from the NY Times timed that he stared at the ground for 14 seconds straight after that play...before wandering off down the sideline by himself again.

He just can't deal with adversity like that. He told the world he was Superman and then he was getting knocked on his ass every play, somewhere along the line his mind just broke and he never came back.

I don't care one way or another but I wouldn't be shocked if we aren't looking at the next Kaepernick or RG3. Good running backs with strong arms that get exposed by superior athletes when forced to play like an actual NFL quarterback. All Denver did was force Cam to stay in the pocket and beat them throwing the ball, he failed. Miserably.
View Quote

Very well said!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not a football fan of any sorts; but my 8 year old son adores the guy. He is cocky, but if I could do what he does I'd be a cocky sob as well.

Grown men take this shit waaaaayyyy to seriously. It's a game.
View Quote

Find your kid a better role model.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#47]
What was up with Manning making out with Papa John?? That's what people should really be asking lol

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I agree weak but he make a wise buisness decision. He does the team no good injured on sideline. Do the math a torn ligament or any shoulder/collar injury would put him out next season. It's a 8 month injury if u tear an acl. Look at kelvin Benjamin his start wr. Out first week in camp with acl and is just now starting to run full on it. That's just running. Not counting conditioning, strength training and the stress route running/cutting puts on it. The slightest injury that we can accur in our everyday lives could take a player out of a game because of how hard their joints are pushed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea..pussy move...

He should just stay on the sideline, so he will be able to play next season....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Nice. Thanks for posting that.

Wilson sat there last year and took all of the blame for the loss like a true team leader. Seeing Newton's post game interview next to his gives you an idea of what a douche Cam is.

ETA: http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/08/lets-compare-how-russell-wilson-handled-losing-super-bowl-49-with-cam-newton-in-super-bowl-50/
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top