Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my mother was on coke so fuck no

heroin and cocaine are just awful evil stuff, shit should just be eradicated off the face of the earth

and 66% really ugh screw you guys

and i dont care about this drug war is a failure excuse, its the way we are fighting it that is going no ware, if it was me i would have napalm boomed the fields in Colombia, mexico, or anywhere else, i dont give a danm about there sovereignty, stop sending this shit in!
View Quote

You are as clueless as any liberal. Your mom did that shit because she wanted to. She was already prohibited and she did it anyway. How well do you think your prohibition will work?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
there is no talking sense on this board anymore. go a head, fry your fucking brain, no loss anyways. I'll sit back and laugh at you suffer from mental and nervous breakdowns.

Shit I'll even buy it for everybody, just for the entertainment of watching the meltdown.

This place is like Caligula's Rome, self destruction in the name of freedom.
View Quote

Either we agree with you or we must believe in nihilism. Either we agree with you or we are all dopers and we want everyone else to be dopers. There is no middle ground.

Thomas Jefferson once said, "Rightful Liberty is unobstructed action, according to ones own will, within the limits drawn around you by the equal rights of others...."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
there is no talking sense on this board anymore. go a head, fry your fucking brain, no loss anyways. I'll sit back and laugh at you suffer from mental and nervous breakdowns.

Shit I'll even buy it for everybody, just for the entertainment of watching the meltdown.

This place is like Caligula's Rome, self destruction in the name of freedom.
View Quote

If any American who was an adult before 1914 refrained from doing cocaine, heroin, opium, morphine, and marijuana, he did so out of choice, because all of it was freely available to any adult by the carload. Was America better or worse in terms of public morality, work ethic, and civility in 1913 or in 2016? Do you really think that drugs - less available now than then - are responsible for the devolution of civilization?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We can declare war on illegal immigrants. i'm fine with that. I believe there will be a tangible benefit for the tax dollars spent. If we have no difference in illegal immigration and less civil liberties in 50 years of that war, I will reconsider my position.
Show me or anyone else for that matter how after 50 years of a "war on drugs" that there has been a benefit? There has been a hell of a lot of costs involved. What is the benefit?
Less drug users?
Less drugs?
Less people in jail for drug charges?
Any of those thing happen?
Tell me how we win a war on drugs if we can't keep prison drug free?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
The War on Drugs Citizens isn't worth the squeeze.
It doesn't work. No one who wants to snort coke, isn't just because it is illegal. What does that tell you?

Sam e with imagination.  Stop wasting time "securing" boarders and just treat them like anyone else.  If they work and pay taxes, let them stay and vote.  If they commit a crime, send them to jail.

We can declare war on illegal immigrants. i'm fine with that. I believe there will be a tangible benefit for the tax dollars spent. If we have no difference in illegal immigration and less civil liberties in 50 years of that war, I will reconsider my position.
Show me or anyone else for that matter how after 50 years of a "war on drugs" that there has been a benefit? There has been a hell of a lot of costs involved. What is the benefit?
Less drug users?
Less drugs?

Not sure who you are arguing with....???  I agree with you.  Legalize one, legalize both.

As long as I'm not expected to carry around narcocane or put hands on junkies, I'm all for it.  Oh, and my tax dollars aren't spent on rehab, food, housing, or medical treatment.  

Why would we waste money preventing people who want to work from working?

The argument for legalizing drug is exactly the same as immigration.

People coming to this country for work and a better life is a victimless crime.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure who you are arguing with....???  I agree with you.  Legalize one, legalize both.

As long as I'm not expected to carry around narcocane or put hands on junkies, I'm all for it.  Oh, and my tax dollars aren't spent on rehab, food, housing, or medical treatment.  

Victimless crime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

The War on Drugs Citizens isn't worth the squeeze.

It doesn't work. No one who wants to snort coke, isn't just because it is illegal. What does that tell you?

Sam e with imagination.  Stop wasting time "securing" boarders and just treat them like anyone else.  If they work and pay taxes, let them stay and vote.  If they commit a crime, send them to jail.

Less drug users?

Less drugs?

Victimless crime.

Immigration is currently legal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
RUFKM?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So those people don't take jobs from citizens?

They don't get their kids educated for free?

They don't get welfare?

I'm missing your point.

Why don't you give us pros and cons for both (in the red) so that we can understand your position better?

ETA We have been fighting a war on illegal immigrants? We have lost numerous constitutional protections due to this war on immigration?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Victimless crime.

They don't get welfare?

I'm missing your point.

Why don't you give us pros and cons for both (in the red) so that we can understand your position better?

ETA We have been fighting a war on illegal immigrants? We have lost numerous constitutional protections due to this war on immigration?

So?  They pay into a system and get something out of it.  By allowing them in an documenting them, we can collect taxes for the services they use.  They are not hurting anyone.  

The War of Drug is exactly like the War on Immegration.  We need to stop both.  Think of the savings.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nope, I still need to see the pros and cons of what you are talking about because I'm not seeing the comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Victimless crime.

They don't get welfare?
I'm missing your point.

So?  They pay into a system and get something out of it.  By allowing them in an documenting them, we can collect taxes for the services they use.  They are not hurting anyone.  
The War of Drug is exactly like the War on Immegration.  We need to stop both.  Think of the savings.

Nope, I still need to see the pros and cons of what you are talking about because I'm not seeing the comparison.

13 million new tax payers in the system... What more of a PRO do you need???  Stop wasting money on BP and building a wall and wall maintainance.  It would save BILLIONS annually.  Close federal jails for immigrants.  Won't have to pay to feed or house them.  There practically isn't a CON.  I can't think of any. Unless of course you consider paying 30% less to have my shower retired, driveway resurfaced, of cabinets put in a CON???

Besides,mots a lost cause anyhow.  They come and go as they please.  Why spend another nickel on enforcing Immegration???

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The national unemployment rate is 4.9%. Is 4.9% of 330M more or less than 13M?
What else ya got?
Here let me help you with a link that should end this BS.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/02/record-94610000-americans-not-labor-force/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  13 million new tax payers in the system... What more of a PRO do you need???  Stop wasting money on BP and building a wall and wall maintainance.  It would save BILLIONS annually.  Close federal jails for immigrants.  Won't have to pay to feed or house them.  There practically isn't a CON.  I can't think of any.  

Besides,mots a lost cause anyhow.  They come and go as they please.  Why spend another nickel on enforcing Immegration???

The national unemployment rate is 4.9%. Is 4.9% of 330M more or less than 13M?
What else ya got?
Here let me help you with a link that should end this BS.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/02/record-94610000-americans-not-labor-force/

Those people don't want to work anyway... They're probably on drugs.

At least we can get people in here who want to do the work, and at a lower cost.

Just my opinion.  Legalize both.  Let's stop wasting money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As having Libertarian views I say sure.

Not my thing though..
View Quote

Yep , legalize it all.

J-
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that. So prohibition made your situation better, you are saying?

Just FYI, they did "bomb" the fields in Colombia, just not with napalm. Cocaine production increased. Is that the result you wanted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

heroin and cocaine are just awful evil stuff, shit should just be eradicated off the face of the earth

and i dont care about this drug war is a failure excuse, its the way we are fighting it that is going no ware, if it was me i would have napalm boomed the fields in Colombia, mexico, or anywhere else, i dont give a danm about there sovereignty, stop sending this shit in!

Just FYI, they did "bomb" the fields in Colombia, just not with napalm. Cocaine production increased. Is that the result you wanted?

Actually, some of those operations did result in drops in the supply available in the U.S.

Which resulted in a price increase, higher crack use, and higher meth use.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually, some of those operations did result in drops in the supply available in the U.S.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And those operations support a violent black market made up of people willing to operate outside the boundaries of legal contracts and courts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So?  People like altering their mental states.  That is a fact.  It can be to alleviate pain, to feel alert, to feel more mellow, or simply to alter how they feel in any other way.  Some people prefer to do this with naturally produced andrenaline and endorphins, some do it with caffeine, some with nicotine, some with alcohol, some with opiates, some with amphetamines, some with other stimulants.

The war or drugs does not stop this.  All it does is create perverse and often more harmful incentives.  If cocaine were legal, crack would probably not exist.  Had over the counter amphetamines, produced generally in quality controlled factories, not been banned, there would almost certainly not be crystal meth.  Were prescription opiates not so fervently controlled in the relatively recent crackdown on prescription meds, heroin use would probably be less prevelant.

And absent illegality, the bulk of the cash flow involved in the drugs trade would not be funneled directly into an untaxed black market, which is by definition criminal.  The current regime lumps society at large with all of the costs of drug use, from medical care, rehab, relatively pointless but none the less expensive prohibition enforcement, incarceration, and the like, while that same society receives almost none of the revenue from the trade.  Oh sure, asset forfeiture tied to narcotics enforcement does grab a staggeringly tiny sliver of the criminal cash flow, but not only is that slice of the pie tiny in proportional terms, but it is generally dedicated to offsetting costs purely on the enforcement side of the balance sheet, and as a side effect it also sometimes (though not nearly as often as GD believes,) snaps up revenue that had nothing to do with the illegal trade to begin with, and was lawfully earned.

Unless you can actually accmplish the apparent far-left goal of creating the ideal human, who will be content and happy to work for the public good and be satisfied with every moment of his existence, the war on drugs is a pointless fight.  It would be easier to legislate cancer out of existence than to win the "war on drugs."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you don't think there is a drug problem in this country, you would be mistaken.  Even during the Super Bowl, there was a drug commercial for opioid constipation.

So?  People like altering their mental states.  That is a fact.  It can be to alleviate pain, to feel alert, to feel more mellow, or simply to alter how they feel in any other way.  Some people prefer to do this with naturally produced andrenaline and endorphins, some do it with caffeine, some with nicotine, some with alcohol, some with opiates, some with amphetamines, some with other stimulants.

The war or drugs does not stop this.  All it does is create perverse and often more harmful incentives.  If cocaine were legal, crack would probably not exist.  Had over the counter amphetamines, produced generally in quality controlled factories, not been banned, there would almost certainly not be crystal meth.  Were prescription opiates not so fervently controlled in the relatively recent crackdown on prescription meds, heroin use would probably be less prevelant.

And absent illegality, the bulk of the cash flow involved in the drugs trade would not be funneled directly into an untaxed black market, which is by definition criminal.  The current regime lumps society at large with all of the costs of drug use, from medical care, rehab, relatively pointless but none the less expensive prohibition enforcement, incarceration, and the like, while that same society receives almost none of the revenue from the trade.  Oh sure, asset forfeiture tied to narcotics enforcement does grab a staggeringly tiny sliver of the criminal cash flow, but not only is that slice of the pie tiny in proportional terms, but it is generally dedicated to offsetting costs purely on the enforcement side of the balance sheet, and as a side effect it also sometimes (though not nearly as often as GD believes,) snaps up revenue that had nothing to do with the illegal trade to begin with, and was lawfully earned.

Unless you can actually accmplish the apparent far-left goal of creating the ideal human, who will be content and happy to work for the public good and be satisfied with every moment of his existence, the war on drugs is a pointless fight.  It would be easier to legislate cancer out of existence than to win the "war on drugs."

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Technically, it already is legal.

It's a schedule 2 drug, used as a topical anesthetic in a lot of nasal surgery.

Comes in a liquid form.
View Quote

Yes, I meant the kind you snort off a hooker's ass.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]

drugs should be fully legalized, all of them . . . when the welfare state ends. people have to be allowed to fail to be allowed to make their own choices.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes. The government doesn't exist to protect me from my own poor decisions.
View Quote

isn't that EXACTLY what our current government does ? as more people fail,
people like you and me will have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What?  Are you trying to tell me it isn't?  Those goddamn hookers have been lying to me again!
View Quote

A little time in the trunk greatly improves their attitude.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'd rather cocaine than marijuana if I had to choose.
View Quote

That would make for an interesting poll as well. I have my money on marijuana winning that one.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Almost exactly 2/3 yes it looks like.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Except you couldn't taste them and you'd spill them all over your shirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We could have some really awesome energy drinks if it were legal.

Except you couldn't taste them and you'd spill them all over your shirt.

I may or may not have had this problem many moons ago. I didn't spill a drop and was able to finish off damn near a case of beer.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top