Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 6:27:15 AM EDT
I have an FNAR. I would like to get the barrel threaded for a compensator for 3 gun and a silencer for hunting.

1.....I have read this takes more equipment to thread. Who can do the work and what does it involve for me as far as disassembly?

2.....I have read about a compensator causing cycling issues with the FNAR. Is this true and how would that little back pressure matter?

3.....I have also read that it may be difficult to tune the gas system for a silencer. I might get a direct thread can and just leave the gun set up as a full time host. I can tell swapping back and forth is not a good idea with this action.

What do people with FNAR's think of them.  The FN forum is void of them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Commercial BAR dressed up with a tacticool PG stock and all black....Mags are expensive, barely an MOA gun, and cleaning is fucking ludicrous.

TL;DR   PASS
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I always kinda wanted one back before AR10 prices started becoming more reasonable.  I'd just go with an AR platform now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
FN's last gasp trying to make the BAR viable in an AR dominated market.  
Getting an AR in .308 will be cheaper in the long run, be more accurate, and do what you want it to do.

Putting money into the FNAR will be frustrating.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
i gots one and love it. i could care less what arf thinks of them. very soft shooting and comfy.

the only thing i can find not to like is you have to take your hand off the grip to cycle the action. i have zero regrets in choosing it over an AR10. it also has the best trigger break of any gun i own other that my 1930's H&R .22lr wheel gun grandpa left me.

fugly? you bet. does it out shoot any AR10 even close to its price range? you bet!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I am pleased with it with a red dot for go fast close range.  I won't know how accurate it is until I get some glass on it.  The credit card is nervous.  If it is not accurate I will not be pleased.  If it puts any good hunting ammo into 1.25 MOA I will be happy.  

Is this a beast I should plan on reloading for hunting accuracy?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
its much better than that i promise. i do have the 20" pipe BTW. no problems with it shooting 165gr. trophy bonded tips or any other decent ammo (155gr. Amax, ect) that i have ever used. crap ammo will likely shoot like crap. lol!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
its much better than that i promise. i do have the 20" pipe BTW. no problems with it shooting 165gr. trophy bonded tips or any other decent ammo (155gr. Amax, ect) that i have ever used. crap ammo will likely shoot like crap. lol!

View Quote

What kind of groups are you getting from what ammo?  What should I try first for hunting.  I really want fast with good BC.  If hornady superformance groups will I will be tickled to death, but I am not holding my breath on that.

Anything hot with a good hunting ballistic tip would be great.

Aslo, what long range target only ammo.  Doesn't federal make some GM308 or something that's known to be good in any gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top