Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2016 4:02:21 AM EDT
He Hisses at all of you. Hiss!! Hiss!!Hisssssssss!

Bernstein, as an observant Jew, was unavailable Saturday for comment.

The former owner of a Nashville store where a gun used to shot two Bronx cops was purchased under dicey circumstances is no stereotypical good ol’ boy.

Bill Bernstein is a Bronx-born, pro-gun Orthodox Jew, a graduate of the prestigious private Horace Mann School, with a New York mom and a dad from Georgia.

Bernstein, running this year for a seat in the Tennessee state legislature, is a conservative Republican who opposes most gun control measures as ineffectual.

Ha!!! Even one of the priests from the parish chimes in

The Rev. Francis Skelly, whose parish includes many residents of the Melrose Houses, seemed unsurprised that the gun used in the shooting came from the south — or that the seller once hailed from the north.

“This pipeline of guns from the South, up Interstate 95 and into New York City, has been well-established for decades,” said Skelly. “We don’t expect the legislators of those states to fix the problem, even if Bill Bernstein loses his race.”

This is real funny because Skelly was  Irish slang for hell

Link

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
"Stereotypical good ol'boy"?

I consider that a  racist,  hurtful, micro-aggression. My feelings have been triggered, and that's not ok.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#2]
More NY BS about guns from the south.. Wasn't some of bloomberg's goons trying to illegally buy handguns in GA so they could make a big stink about it...but it backfired? Still barking up that tree I suppose?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Weird double post.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meanwhile at Father Skelly's liberally diverse church where he performs services in Spanish women have their purses stolen out of the pews during masshttp://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/purses-stolen-pews-communion-bronx-churches-article-1.1241368

http://www.motthavenherald.com/2012/11/14/church-celerates-125th-anniversary/

View Quote

It's wrong if the Vatican doesn't officially sanction it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Meanwhile at Father Skelly's liberally diverse church where he performs services in Spanish women have their purses stolen out of the pews during masshttp://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/purses-stolen-pews-communion-bronx-churches-article-1.1241368

http://www.motthavenherald.com/2012/11/14/church-celerates-125th-anniversary/

View Quote
The priests used to have cots in St. Jerome's Rectory when a cop was too shiitfaced to even stand up. The desk sgt would come in to the diner I worked, the code word was "confession". Cops sitting around were telling the sgt, so-and-so was with Father Dolan hearing his confession
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Blame the gun.  What was the record of the shooter?  How many times had he been arrested and given light sentences?  Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, why do you keep posting about criminal aspects of New York City and live in Florida?  You also include the Jewish angle. It's quite odd to say the lest.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
We had tough priests back in the day, Father Skelly probably a rookie

It’s very sad,” said Rev. Francis Skelly of Immaculate Conception Church in Melrose. “You have to pray with one eye open.”
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#12]
So who was the original buyer and who did they sell the gun to?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dose not sound like the ffl did anything wrong.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, why do you keep posting about criminal aspects of New York City and live in Florida?  You also include the Jewish angle. It's quite odd to say the lest.
View Quote
Diversity is what makes us strong. Nostalgic for me. It also ties in to thread when some guy went to buy .22lr and the Hassidem bought the entire shelf. Don't compare where you live to NYC, if you lived there you would understand. I grew up with Irish, Jews, and even cops. Don't compare your morals, standards and decency to NYC, it will frustrate you. It is another level
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's from nyc, most of the stuff he posts is off the front page of the nyc papers  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's from nyc, most of the stuff he posts is off the front page of the nyc papers  
I am not crazy about the Daily News, but I love the NY Post
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was in NYC once for a week. Never have been to a place where filth in one block and high art in the next block was considered the norm. Honestly intriguing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Was in NYC once for a week. Never have been to a place where filth in one block and high art in the next block was considered the norm. Honestly intriguing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That dichotomy you saw is in my DNA
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#18]
A good friend of mine is from Brooklyn and now resides in Lubbock,Tx. He is 63 and a wealth of information of about the times. Need to pay him a visit this week. And I appreciate the patience and understanding. NYC is different.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Really . . . a Jewish pawn shop owner . . . imagine that . . .

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for being an anti-gun Orthodox New York Jew. That's just about like dividing by zero.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Obvious there is only one reasonable Solution for gun control advocates to pursue.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Except for being an anti-gun Orthodox New York Jew. That's just about like dividing by zero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was not anti-gun
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#23]
From "The Story of Civilization" by Will and Ariel Durant. The Jews got their prominent nose from the intermarrying with the Hittites. (Please note this is before the Revisionist Movement pushed by the Rockefeller/Carnegie people.)
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He was not anti-gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was not anti-gun

Damn it!!!!

I knew that! I read the op! Guess I'm so used to writing anti-gun Jew that I vapor locked when I tried to write pro-gun Jew.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah Hitler's pal Houston Stewart Chamberlain came up with that "theory"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From "The Story of Civilization" by Will and Ariel Durant. The Jews got their prominent nose from the intermarrying with the Hittites. (Please note this is before the Revisionist Movement pushed by the Rockefeller/Carnegie people.)
Like Italians or any others from that area of the world  don't have big noses??? Nasabeaks and Schnazole were nicknames of kids I grew up with
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love historical references. Can you point to the book or article?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Does he have any .22LR ammo?
View All Quotes
Hisssss!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#30]

I betcha if the original owner of the gun had been a Muslim the media wouldn't have said a single damned word.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#31]
The article seems to glance over that the officers were shot by an asshole New Yorker.  You know, if we are going to stereotype.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The article seems to glance over that the officers were shot by an asshole New Yorker.  You know, if we are going to stereotype.
View Quote

It's weird to see media hatred for whites and guns morph into Jew-hate so quickly... Kind of disturbing, they are normally more consistent in only negatively stereotyping white men.

Desperation maybe?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Blame the gun.  What was the record of the shooter?  How many times had he been arrested and given light sentences?  Just saying.
View Quote

There's always someone who didn't look at their e-mail and didn't get the word on the narrative.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#35]
NYC needs more guns.

I hope they have pistol tornadoes and AR15 thunder storms.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Chavis, seen in a 2009 mugshot, has 17 prior arrests and was released from prison in December 2014 after doing time for attempted robbery, records show.
View Quote

Maybe this is the problem?  Just spitballing, here...    

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/shooter-life-girl-bedroom-article-1.2521537
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Damn it!!!!

I knew that! I read the op! Guess I'm so used to writing anti-gun Jew that I vapor locked when I tried to write pro-gun Jew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was not anti-gun

Damn it!!!!

If you have ever met any Israeli’s you would not have any hang ups with "pro gun Jew".  Many of them were the survivors of the WW2 and can name relatives killed by the Nazis. Also, men and women do compulsory military service.  American Jews are the bunch in a state of unhealthy denial about the dangers of the world and still dream of a peaceful utopia where no man raises a hand/or gun against another.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#38]
So. The question arises. Since this is a matter of wailing and teeth gnashing for the people of NYC, did this same reporter do the same sort of story about Brian Terry and the F&F weapons?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#39]
THIS is why we must continue to eliminate guns from society.
New York would be Utopia if we could prevent guns from entering the gun free zone.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought it was nearly impossible to purchase a handgun in NY without a permit?

Wouldn't that alone explain why all the guns come from the south?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He was not anti-gun

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was not anti-gun

That certainly would have bolstered the stereotype angle you were shooting for.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#42]

How fucked is New York that they make ONE gun sold out of state by a jew into a front page story? If it had been sold by a Pakistani pawn shop owner in NYC, you wouldn't have heard a word about it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#44]
I think this story has a very good point.

Criminals should buy their guns in NY and support local businesses.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Bernstein sounds like a good guy.

http://www.electbillbernstein.com
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#46]
The Beretta .32 caliber semi-automatic handgun used in the Thursday night shooting of two cops by an ex-con was purchased at Bernstein’s Eastside Gun Shop in June 2010, police said.

The buyer bought five handguns during his visit, listing a Tennessee address on the paperwork before exiting with a mini-arsenal that included three other semi-automatic weapons and a revolver.

But when arrested in the Bronx just three months later for fare-beating, the buyer provided the NYPD with a local address.

Cops had yet to provide the link between the buyer and Malik Chavis, 23, who opened fire with the Beretta when approached by the officers in a stairwell at the Melrose Houses in the South Bronx.
View Quote

Is fare beating running out on a Taxi?  

Did the buyer have a valid TN DL?  If he did then there's not much the gun store can do if he passes NICS.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Too many criminal scumbbags in NYC. That's the real problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Stereotypical good ol'boy"?

I consider that a  racist,  hurtful, micro-aggression. My feelings have been triggered, and that's not ok.
View Quote

Time to raid the bass pros, cabelas, and gas station dip containers in the name of racial injustice!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Breaking news...  Beretta handgun used in shooting traced back to Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Too many criminal scumbbags in NYC. That's the real problem.
View Quote
No way
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top