Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 11:41:28 PM EDT
f*cking coyotes. Poor guy, could have been a stud in a few years.

This has to be one of the worst ways to die. He was out on the ice sliding around with no way to get away. They dragged him back into the brush on the edge of the swamp.

Edit: This was fresh, last night probably, blood was still in pools by him. Also if a graphic warning is needed in the title for blood, I'll edit.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Mother Nature is a bitch sometimes, but the deer population isn't exactly dwindling.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless they are eating/damaging peoples live stock/property, I don't really care about them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Coyotes cull the weak and the stupid.

But, being a country person I love them.  They make great active targets
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, Nature, you scary!

Come on, OP, there's much more to nature than "Bambi"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mother Nature is a bitch sometimes, but the deer population isn't exactly dwindling.
View Quote

I know just unfortunate this is the third button head on this property this year. Buddy messed up on one, one was hit by a car. Three in a year isn't great for that generation. I'm no trophy hunter, but this guy does manage this property well. I don't get invited to hunt it much, but help out creating better habitat and just having a good time outside is always fun. We saw close to 200 driving back home this evening. Some of the biggest groups I've seen in Michigan that was neat.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The coyote is a survivor, like em or not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn, Nature, you scary!

Come on, OP, there's much more to nature than "Bambi"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

But "Bambi" tastes sooo good
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats how the worthless fuckers do it around here also, they hound them in the woods and swamps until the deer finally come out on the lakes, esp if the lake dont have much snowcover, the deer lose there 4-wheel drive, cant fight , spin out when they try to run then fall and cant get up, some have there guts hanging out by the time they get out of the woods,, i shoot and or wound everyone of the fucking bastards  i see, and dogs too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The coyotes around here are about 50lbs,  I hear them in my neighbors field when his cows have calves, followed by gunshots.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Coyote is always out there waiting, and coyote is always hungry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Coyotes gotta eat, too.

"It's the circle of liiiiiiiiiiife...."
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Crafty bastards aren't they.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck deer

I'd give those coyotes a high five next time I paid my auto insurance premium.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#14]
love coyote.  fucking deer and mice around here can kiss my ass.  Their numbers are plentiful.  The more healthy coyote, mountain lion, bobcat, and fox,  the better.  Don't be a city boy that moves to the sticks and says "their comin right for us" until you get a chance to sit back and watch Mother nature do its thing, its beautiful to hear them howl nightly and I enjoy seeing all predators do their thing.  I have endless trail cam footage.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If there a "pest" then so are city folk, (spit and wipe mouth)

*edit

by the way yotes around here tend to scatter the animal parts around the pack in a 40-50 foot radius.  You sure its not aliens or Jackelope?    That pic is suspicious to me, my house dog would tear that deer up more then that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Everybody hates the wild dogs, and loves their lapdogs.  Kinda weird.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#16]
My company has a huge mine which we have under MLE.  Our biologist and mine guy have a number of studies about coyotes - they actually don't eat many deer.  Generally only the sick and wounded and very few fawns.  

Their primary diet is, not surprisingly, rats and rabbits when not trying to steal something else's kill.

They still have a tendency to fall over when their in my line of sight, but I can't use the "they eat the deer" excuse since it's actually pretty rare.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My company has a huge mine which we have under MLE.  Our biologist and mine guy have a number of studies about coyotes - they actually don't eat many deer.  Generally only the sick and wounded and very few fawns.  

Their primary diet is, not surprisingly, rats and rabbits when not trying to steal something else's kill.

They still have a tendency to fall over when their in my line of sight, but I can't use the "they eat the deer" excuse since it's actually pretty rare.
View Quote

exactly....  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#18]
'Yotes eat eyeballs?  So what do you do with the carcass?  Just let it go back to nature?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Gods favorite dog.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was reading a recent study from the MI UP on this the other day too. Although I'd agree the amount of nearly grown and grown deer they take down is probably pretty minimal, I think they still have a hay day with fawns. The last two winters have been hell for deer in MI and the population is way down IMO. The UP deer herd is nothing now. I don't hunt up there, but it's rough for those who do. This is the first I've personally seen of them doing their thing. It's most definitely the work of yotes from the tracks in the fresh snow. I've only seen one in person and couldn't get my bow up and drawn quick enough to take a shot. To the guys who are whine about hitting them with their cars: Yea it blows (knock on wood haven't done it) for you but as a hunter this type of death just sickens me. Yes, it's all nature, and I know that. Getting smoked by a car/truck usually results in a pretty quick death. Getting your guts ripped out (spots in the snow on the ice indicate this not in the pic) and still being alive as a yote rips your underside open while another has a hold of your neck, while his buddy chows down on your hind end would be terrible.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
'Yotes eat eyeballs?  So what do you do with the carcass?  Just let it go back to nature?
View Quote

Left it, nothing we can do now. Couldn't sit on it tonight; we had to get home. They're probably full and bedded up anyway.

Need to figure out how to quote more than one post at once...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn that's badass
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I've read about this in hunting magazines.  Apparently deer slipping on iced over lakes and ponds is a serious problem.  They slip and break a leg or something else and can't get back up and end up dying.

Nature is cruel.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The coyotes around here are about 50lbs,  I hear them in my neighbors field when his cows have calves, followed by gunshots.
View Quote

Quoted:
Thats how the worthless fuckers do it around here also, they hound them in the woods and swamps until the deer finally come out on the lakes, esp if the lake dont have much snowcover, the deer lose there 4-wheel drive, cant fight , spin out when they try to run then fall and cant get up, some have there guts hanging out by the time they get out of the woods,, i shoot and or wound everyone of the fucking bastards  i see, and dogs too.
View Quote

Choot em all!

Quoted:
love coyote.  fucking deer and mice around here can kiss my ass.  Their numbers are plentiful.  The more healthy coyote, mountain lion, bobcat, and fox,  the better.  Don't be a city boy that moves to the sticks and says "their comin right for us" until you get a chance to sit back and watch Mother nature do its thing, its beautiful to hear them howl nightly and I enjoy seeing all predators do their thing.  I have endless trail cam footage.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If there a "pest" then so are city folk, (spit and wipe mouth)

*edit

by the way yotes around here tend to scatter the animal parts around the pack in a 40-50 foot radius.  You sure its not aliens or Jackelope?    That pic is suspicious to me, my house dog would tear that deer up more then that.
View Quote

^that username is one letter different than a troll called out in another hunting thread....whats left of his guts are 30ft away on the ice only took that one pic. Had work to do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:47:45 AM EDT
[#25]
What a waste.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:51:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I’d wager there are some PETA types here that love yotes.  Fuck be upon them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Perhaps this will make you feel a bit better OP . . .

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#28]
not in Maine       damn coyotes
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a dog that just isn't a pet yet. I don't get the big distinction. Yea they are assholes and need to be controlled but they are just dogs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's a dog that just isn't a pet yet. I don't get the big distinction. Yea they are assholes and need to be controlled but they are just dogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen somewhere where someone had a coyote as a pet, just like a dog, chillin on the couch

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong, they may be closely related but they are not the same species as domesticated dogs.
Understanding it is near impossible to convince or change a person's attitude towards any specific animal, I can tell you that Coyotes are a huge threat to our local upland game population.
An argument usually held between the "student" and the "hunter", those of us that farm and hunt have seen first hand the decline and destruction of fawns, upland game and the occasional neighbors dog. Coyotes have the privilege of a biological niche in the circle of life and have no predators yet, they reproduce like inner city families living on the Gov't tit. They also are carriers of distemper, parvovirus, and mange with the occasional hepatitis. I have a friend that shoots on a Gov't contract from a helo a few times a month and he, I and all our buddies could trap and shoot all day, not making a dent in the population.
No matter what study you read, no matter what your position, there is no denying first hand experience. I often carry those cans of  home bug spray that you pop the top and leave while it sprays bugs in your home. I use them when I pile up the "dogs" under a tarp to kill the fleas and worms before I remove the hide to tan and prep for sale. I litterally have been covered almost black from head to toe in fleas and have gotten bent over puking sick for days from the bites.
There is no argument that the circle of life has been disrupted by farms. Trump Towers and asphalt in this world but, we have to do what we do to preserve the most important resources to us and a wild disgusting dogis not as important to the wildlife it destroys.
Be Well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Coyotes are so inhumane. They don't kill quickly, they cause unnecessary suffering to their victims, and frankly, they should feel ashamed. Why don't they buy their meat at the grocery store like everyone else and leave the poor defenseless animals in the forest alone?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't despise coyotes.

Circle of life.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Yo OP,humans are carnivores and hunters, too. Do you despise your children?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20120422/P1270200-860.jpg

View Quote

It makes me feel better!!

Fuck coyotes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, OP prolly should throw in a "graphic" title...

Mum hates rabbits, as they chew up her flower garden.  'Yotes are fucking supernatural at occasionally coming thru and knocking the population down to nothing; last time I was up at her place, I didn't even see any little bunny footprints in the snow.

Kinda sux for me, since I like shooting bunnies with my .22, but Mom is happy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't see any point in hating an animal following it's instincts.

I'll shoot coyotes quite happily, though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#38]
It's all fun and games until the lions start showing up in your AO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait whut? I thought they all danced and sang at night just like in the movies.....

Wild animals spend every moment on this planet at risk from massive amounts of brutality. From the moment they take their first breath to the moment they draw thier last one violence and danger rule their world.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Coyotes gotta eat, too.

"It's the circle of liiiiiiiiiiife...."
View Quote

Thank you, Elton John, you fucking mincing, dried-up, old, useless, loud-mouthed faggot.  Christ I hated that fucking movie, it was so fucking, well, GAY!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Coyotes cull the weak and the stupid.

But, being a country person I love them.  They make great active targets
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20120422/P1270200-860.jpg

View Quote

I see some good yotes there! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top