BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've generally liked all of the new animated fllms, I think Wreck It Ralph and Book of Life have been my favorites.  I read somewhere that many of these have been made with adults in mind, just masked in a cartoon so kids can enjoy too.
View Quote

They're not stupid. Parents are more likely to take their kids to movies that the parents enjoy watching.

"bloop"

Nice...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've generally liked all of the new animated fllms, I think Wreck It Ralph and Book of Life have been my favorites.  I read somewhere that many of these have been made with adults in mind, just masked in a cartoon so kids can enjoy too.
View Quote

I've always been a big fan of animation, and was really looking forward to Toy Story. When it came out I was on a travel job, working night shift, so I went to a weekday matinee. Everyone in line was a suburban mom with her kids - except me. "One adult for Toy Story."

"One?" he says, wondering if he should call the cops for a potential pedophile.

"Yes, one."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope cars 3 is better than 2.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The sun is shining, the tank is clean.  THE TANK IS CLEAN!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I will say Pixar put up a big turd with The Friendly Dinosaur.  I think they paid too much attention to the animation technology and forgot how to write a good story.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Funniest part of the movie.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Monsters, Inc. is one of my all-time favorites.
View Quote

I used the line "Your stunned silence is veeerryyyy reassuring." in a business meeting. Cracked everyone up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Time moves much faster in the monster world - remember that all the events in the movie happened during a couple of hours in our world. If anything I expect Mike and Sully to be very old, visiting a pre-teen Boo, who then needs to save them. It would fit with the ages of the voice actors, as neither Billy Chrystal nor John Goodman are spring chickens. Maybe Randall has been surviving in the bayou for all these years, plotting his revenge... Excuse me, I have a script to start writing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i want to see a sequel, with Boo grown up with kids of her own. "Her" monsters show up again.

Time moves much faster in the monster world - remember that all the events in the movie happened during a couple of hours in our world. If anything I expect Mike and Sully to be very old, visiting a pre-teen Boo, who then needs to save them. It would fit with the ages of the voice actors, as neither Billy Chrystal nor John Goodman are spring chickens. Maybe Randall has been surviving in the bayou for all these years, plotting his revenge... Excuse me, I have a script to start writing.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i want to see a sequel, with Boo grown up with kids of her own. "Her" monsters show up again.

True, but who are we to say monsters, especially animated ones, can't live for 500 of our years?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am a 25 year old man and I love that movie, I am excited for the sequel.
View Quote

42 and same.

We had it on repeat in one of our demo theaters at work. I would duck in there and eat lunch when it was slow.
Probably seen that movie a couple hundred times.

ETA: I still to this day use a bunch of lines from Nemo and every damn time I see a seagull I find myself saying "Mine mine mine mine".

ETA2: Still have yet to see Wall-E or any of the Cars movies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I SCUBA dive a lot and can't tell you how many times " just keep swimming, just keep swimming" has been stuck in my head.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought they wrapped up Toy Story nicely. I hope they don't goof it up.

Having just seen Nemo, I can't wait for the sequel.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Nemo is good,  but I've watched The Incredibles more than any other.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Jump in my mouth if you want to live...

It's dark, like wicked dark down there...

A mans wife is brutally murdered by a serial killer and his son is left physically disaled. In a twisted turn of events the boy gets kidnapped and the father has to chase the kidnapper thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/wirebrush/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0471.png.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/wirebrush/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0471.png</a>
View Quote

Right click. Save As.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jump in my mouth if you want to live...

It's dark, like wicked dark down there...

A mans wife is brutally murdered by a serial killer and his son is left physically disaled. In a twisted turn of events the boy gets kidnapped and the father has to chase the kidnapper thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman.
View Quote

True... But dude, it is all about the packaging.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I used the line "Your stunned silence is veeerryyyy reassuring." in a business meeting. Cracked everyone up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They absolutely nailed it when it came to portraying the average bureaucracy of a large corporation/government agency.

Even down to the "goldenrod" copies....

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I will say Pixar put up a big turd with The Friendly Dinosaur.  I think they paid too much attention to the animation technology and forgot how to write a good story.
View Quote

If it's from after the Disney takeover, then I don't consider it a Pixar movie. Just a Disney movie with a co-opted brand name stuck onto it.

My only hope for The Incredibles 2 is that Brad Bird is at the helm.  If Disney will sit back and let him run things, it could be good.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They absolutely nailed it when it came to portraying the average bureaucracy of a large corporation/government agency.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave the puce!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If it's from after the Disney takeover, then I don't consider it a Pixar movie. Just a Disney movie with a co-opted brand name stuck onto it.

My only hope for The Incredibles 2 is that Brad Bird is at the helm.  If Disney will sit back and let him run things, it could be good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One slight difference is that, while Disney bought Pixar, Pixar management took over Disney animation. Disney's animation efforts were flailing badly, and upper management cleaned house.  They put Lasseter in charge of all Disney animation.

I agree that quality has suffered a bit, but all studios have their ups and downs.  I am concerned about the flock of sequels, so we'll see how that plays out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#21]
you cant do it Nemo
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#22]
fuck you guys.

Now I want to watch it and monsters inc
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

fuck you guys.
Now I want to watch it and monsters inc
View Quote

Ooh.  Harryhausen's!

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I love Finding Nemo.  Dory is one of my favorite movie characters.  The background music to the movie is spectacular, too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
One slight difference is that, while Disney bought Pixar, Pixar management took over Disney animation. Disney's animation efforts were flailing badly, and upper management cleaned house.  They put Lasseter in charge of all Disney animation.

I agree that quality has suffered a bit, but all studios have their ups and downs.  I am concerned about the flock of sequels, so we'll see how that plays out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's good.  But the quality does seem to have slipped.  I assumed due to meddling from upper management.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#26]
The best thing on the Incredibels DVD was the bonus scene of the babysitter being debriefed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Wall-E, UP, and Incredibles are clinics on story-telling, but Nemo is great too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#28]
"Jacques, no cleaning!!"

"I am ashamed..."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Finding Nemo is one of those perfect movies that come along only every few decades.

The only other one I can think of off-hand is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disney takeover? Didn't the Pixar folks get put into some pretty powerful positions in Disney?
I always looked at it as Pixar taking over Disney animation.

Eta: I see that has already been covered.
I'm looking forward to Finding Dory and The Incredibles 2, but Cars 3 and Toy Story 4? Not so much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#31]
A classic example of multi-generational movie making at its finest.

Also love The Incredibles.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The best thing on the Incredibels DVD was the bonus scene of the babysitter being debriefed.
View Quote

The baby wath exthploding! Did you ever thit an exthploding baby, Mithter. Dicker?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been trying to get my girlfriend to watch it with me all week. I think Were gonna watch it tonight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Rumor has it....but not for another year or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting for the Incredibles sequel.

Shut your mouth.

They doing one?

Rumor has it....but not for another year or two.

Awesome. We just watched it the other day and discussed whether they were going to make a sequel. We decided probably not since the first one came out so long ago, but that would be great if they did.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'm looking forward to Finding Dory and The Incredibles 2, but Cars 3 and Toy Story 4? Not so much.
View Quote

Right there with you.

Cars was just okay.  It was the weakest pre-Disney Pixar movie.  It was Doc Hollywood with automobiles.  Worth seeing once, but that was it.  Never cared to watch Cars 2, much less 3.

Toy Story was fantastic, and the ending was perfect.  The Story is told.  When I heard they were doing #4, my first thought was that it was a pure and simple cash grab.

Finding Dory has potential and could be good if the script is solid.  I will follow its development with interest.

The Incredibles 2 I am very much looking forward to.  I just hope it's not a let-down.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Right there with you.

Cars was just okay.  It was the weakest pre-Disney Pixar movie.  It was Doc Hollywood with automobiles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right there with you.

Cars was just okay.  It was the weakest pre-Disney Pixar movie.  It was Doc Hollywood with automobiles.

Actually I'm pretty sure the elevator pitch was just that. But the genius of Cars wasn't the plot or the characters but the world they created. Most of their other movies are set in a recognizably human world, or one that bears close resemblance.  Cars was completely auto-normative - even the landscapes had automotive themes and elements.  And the visuals on the western US landscapes were gorgeous. Every time I watch Cars I see another auto reference I missed before

Cars was animation driven, not plot driven, the same way movies can be effects driven or action driven.  That doesn't necessarily make them bad; as long as the plot and characterization is competent, it can still be a good movie. Just not in the same way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#37]
In this thread we find out which Arfcommers have small children.

Yeah, I've seen most of those movies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#38]
We did a Nemo themed  Christmas at work, here's some of my handiwork.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#39]
The trailer for the trailer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Wall-E was and is one of my all time favorite movies.  Nemo, Monsters Inc & the Toy Story's are great as well.

Watching Up in the theater I believe was the closest Ive ever been to feeling as though someone ripped my heart from my chest and stomped on it multiple times while in public.  Thankfully it was at the beginning so I had plenty of time to recover, lol.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top