User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can remember dreams very well.  Sometimes it's like I'm remembering them in real time.

Usually there is something weird or out of place in the dream.  When it happens in real life I remember the dream and think "Oh, that's not weird now."

I had a dream in probably November.  It was my old father in law, my daughter, and myself eating pizza at some restaurant.  I didn't think much of it.

In December he called me up to help deliver a bunch of turkeys to a VFW.  He took us out for pizza afterwards.
View Quote

I've never talked about this with anyone but I've had similar eperiences.

I almost never dream or recall my dreams, but they are bound to happen when I do unless it's an overly weird one.  One insance was getting hit in the head with a rock going down a trail and another was laying in a bed looking out a window.  I couldn't tell you how many times it's happened but it's never been a good thing for me.  Often times I'll have the dream months before it happens, long enough to not recognize what's up before you're in the moment.

It doesn't happen often but it's a very strange moment when it does. I had a dream about some blonde chick about a week ago, unless she's from publisher's clearinghouse or whatever I'm not real interested in meeting her.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to a lot, not so much now. I do remember realizing a few days after the actual event happened that I dreamt it. It was a dream about what I thought was my old apartments I lived in when I was younger. The end of the building had a brick "chimney" going up it, I say that in quotes because it was fake. But I remember dreaming about something crashing into it and catching it on fire. Well, 9/11 happened and a few days after seeing it I was like holy shit, that was my dream. It wasnt my apartments, it was the damn towers.
Quoted:
Do any of you guys have lucid dreaming?  Dream in vivid color?
View Quote

When I was younger I had a reoccurring dream about nothing but vivid colors in all sorts of shapes and patterns. I feel like its probably what it feels like when you are on hallucinogens.

But yes, I have had plenty of dreams where I was somewhere specific, a place, pattern(as in wall paper, or the like) or a phrase that I later recognized just as the dream.

But I dont remember my dreams much anymore.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to "hear" the next song on the radio before it came on. Not the usual DJ cross fade stuff. Just would hear the song.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've had similar episodes, and they make me want to believe that there is something after death. I get this feeling that life is cyclical, sometimes there is a glitch, and it doesn't quite erase all of your prior life experiences. These moments are so short you cannot quite piece it together. So, you go on thinking it is Déjà Vu, a word made up to try and explain these rare occurrences. Fucking weird, isn't it.
View Quote

I was in the sleep lab getting the "titration" part done, so I was hooked up to all these machines, EEG being one of them...ya know, the machine that measures your brain waves.

I had this dream where I was walking up to my grandparents house.  Their neighbor was there in the dream.  She has been deceased for years.  Then as I walk up closer to the house, my grandmother is there, she is long since deceased also.  She tells me that there is somebody who wants to meet me.  I think her exact words were, "He has been waiting for you."  So I walk around to the front yard, and there is my first dog, a vizsla I named Rusty.  He is sitting down.  I squat lower, and he kind wraps his front legs around me to give me a hug.

I wake up in the sleep lab still connected to all these machines crying my eyes out.  I have to go to the bathroom to blow all this snot out of my nose.  Then I get back into bed.

A few weeks after that when I see the pulmonologist, I ask him "Is it normal to have weird dreams while hooked up to all those machines?"

He goes, "Actually, according to our records, you didn't dream at all.  Your brain wasn't even the correct stage of sleep to be dreaming."

So either my brain was hypoxic and just conjured up this "dream", or I experienced something other worldly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I used to a lot, not so much now. I do remember realizing a few days after the actual event happened that I dreamt it. It was a dream about what I thought was my old apartments I lived in when I was younger. The end of the building had a brick "chimney" going up it, I say that in quotes because it was fake. But I remember dreaming about something crashing into it and catching it on fire. Well, 9/11 happened and a few days after seeing it I was like holy shit, that was my dream. It wasnt my apartments, it was the damn towers.

When I was younger I had a reoccurring dream about nothing but vivid colors in all sorts of shapes and patterns. I feel like its probably what it feels like when you are on hallucinogens.

But yes, I have had plenty of dreams where I was somewhere specific, a place, pattern(as in wall paper, or the like) or a phrase that I later recognized just as the dream.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do any of you guys have lucid dreaming?  Dream in vivid color?

I had that when I was younger too...like 3 or 4...but it was while I was awake that these colors or shapes would follow me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Crossed wires. Happens to me sometimes.

If you write down what you dream you'll notice it stops happening. You're remembering something as it happens and can't place it so you default to thinking you dreamed or imagined it before.

The mind is a weird thing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, frequently. Usually it is so mundane and common situations that it's likely just coincidence or confusing the present with passed memories.

Some are oddly "on the money" though. I dreamed of the day my mother's neighbor died, years before she did. I told my GF at the time of the dream even, because I woke from it like a nightmare. In the dream I was in a room in my parent's house, but it was in an odd configuration. On the day she died, years later, I was remodeling that room and the furniture was arranged the same way.

ETA: And yeah, writing down your dreams will cause the occurrences of deja vu or future dreaming to cease (or be greatly diminished at least). You'll find your dreams are a lot more ambiguous, and that your memory of them was more malleable than you assume.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I do the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually dream shit before it happens.

I do the same thing.

I have since I was a kid. It is invariably trivial, useless shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have this too sometimes. I'll be leaving the house and look at my night stand an extra 10 times and not realize why, then I get five miles down the road and remember my phone charger is still on the floor next to it. There have been a few instances of situations/statements people have made being eerily similar to a dream or something that I've had too.

I have it too. There are as.many times or more.they don't but I have had it happen a significant number of times from menial things to save my butt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have learned that if I stop what I was doing, pull open a drawer and piss in it...I need to wake up.  
View Quote

Made me laugh out loud...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#11]
It happens to me for years, but significantly just once, to keep me from being mugged.

Yes, it's real, no you can't convince others, and eventually, it may just go away. You could peruse it, find some psychic to help you develop it, but why? Ethics means it would not profit you, your life would change drastically, you would be the target of the so-called skeptics and relatives would disapprove.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me too.
Random question, is your birthday near January 20th?
Everyone Ive met personally that has weird ESP shit going on was born at the end of January.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have this too sometimes. I'll be leaving the house and look at my night stand an extra 10 times and not realize why, then I get five miles down the road and remember my phone charger is still on the floor next to it. There have been a few instances of situations/statements people have made being eerily similar to a dream or something that I've had too.

I do the same thing.

For real?

Me too.
Everyone Ive met personally that has weird ESP shit going on was born at the end of January.

January 28.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Deja vu.

I had several very strong instances when I was younger. Seems to have diminished over the years.
View Quote

This... had a few instances when I was young... tried explaining it to mom, who said I was dreaming or making it up...

But how did I KNOW there was a frog on the porch before we opened the door to leave? I KNEW where it was, and what direction it would hop away.... not to mention that we lived in a townhouse, and having a frog on the porch was no where near a common occurrence...

I think there is stuff going on we have no clue about...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a buddy that comes up with deja vu moments and he tells me how accurate it is. so he keeps giving me the play by play until I tell him his brain is defective. as in one part of his brain is running just a bit slower, and thinking it is actually faster.  some chronologically sensitive part of his brain thinks reality is a dream he had hours or days ago, that's all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It happens to me for years, but significantly just once, to keep me from being mugged.

Yes, it's real, no you can't convince others, and eventually, it may just go away. You could peruse it, find some psychic to help you develop it, but why? Ethics means it would not profit you.
View Quote

Fuck that.  If I could tell the future, I sure as hell would profit from it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#16]
OOO remembered another one...

Had a birthday party, my friend Anthony missed the party. That night I dreamed that when I woke up he and his mom knocked on the door and gave me a present, I opened it in front of him. It was the queen from aliens... this one:

almost immediately (dream time goes quick) mom wakes me up. She is shouting from the kitchen.... "JACOB your friend is here!!!" I run downstairs to find Anthony and his mom with a present... I opened it there but already knew what it was... even the gift wrap was the same...

"OH NICE.... I knew you got this for me... I just had a dream you did!!! "

Everyone else

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I didn't click on that.  I dream the future and there is nothing else to it.  It's odd but it happens.
View Quote

Do you know when it is happening?  Do you wake up and think "wow, that is really going to happen to me sometime soon"?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought some Lottza Mottza pizzas on sale and the cashier said "These are really good."  When I put them on the counter I knew it was happening and I already knew what my response was to what I knew she was going to say.  "Yeah, we have pizza a couple times a month and these are good."

It's not really weird to me as its been happening to me my entire life.  That is dreaming random things and they actually happen in real life.

I had a thread about this when I first joined.  Just wondering if anyone else has this thing.  It's weird if I think about it but it's normal to me at this point.
View Quote

I have it as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Ancient Greek philosophers believed that everything is one.  Einstein refined that to conclude that all time exists, the past and present are illusions we live in.  Contemporary physicists in large part agree with Einstein.  Seems plausible that some people can breach the usual human experience through their dreams.  It's not exactly dreaming the future, but one time I had a dream where a lot of people were in a burning high rise building screaming for help out the windows.  It was night time in my dream. That morning there was a story on the news about a high rise fire halfway across the country that had occured during the night while I was sleeping.  The news story described people screaming out the windows for help.  It kind of freaked me out, for lack of a better term.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Deja vu.

I had several very strong instances when I was younger. Seems to have diminished over the years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#21]
OP is Mama Murphy.

Lissen kid, mama mufey is as good as her wohrd"
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought some Lottza Mottza pizzas on sale and the cashier said "These are really good."  When I put them on the counter I knew it was happening and I already knew what my response was to what I knew she was going to say.  "Yeah, we have pizza a couple times a month and these are good."

It's not really weird to me as its been happening to me my entire life.  That is dreaming random things and they actually happen in real life.

I had a thread about this when I first joined.  Just wondering if anyone else has this thing.  It's weird if I think about it but it's normal to me at this point.
View Quote

Very common.  It's called déjà vu.

Congrats. You area human being and have experienced the same thing as approx 5 Billion other people currently alive today.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Deja vu.

View Quote

Ditto, I usually dream about places I've never been and then within 2 years I'm standing on the exact same spot looking at the same buildings or landscape.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

My sister has a type of seizure that causes something like this.

Might want to get checked out.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to happen less to me as I get older.  I have never understood the significance of it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Deja vu.

View Quote

Same here .....

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you know when it is happening?  Do you wake up and think "wow, that is really going to happen to me sometime soon"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't click on that.  I dream the future and there is nothing else to it.  It's odd but it happens.

Yes, I know when it's happening.  It just plays out like the dream for a moment.

No, I have never thought that a dream would actually happen.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I had dreams of stuff that happened to me in the army ten years before I joined up. Freaky spooky shit for sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Where's my car keys?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where's my car keys?
View Quote

Jeans on the bathroom floor.  Right front pocket.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yep, I always wish it were longer or had something usefull to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are not understanding.  I actually dream shit that happens.

10-4. Read you loud and clear. Same for me. When it happens in real life it is like being in a replay of the event because you were already there once and you already know what is coming.

Yep, I always wish it were longer or had something usefull to it.

Happens to me on occasion.  But its of absolute zero use, since I dont remember the dream until the minor random shit has happened.

• pointless random shit happens

• 'oh yeah i remember dreaming this'

• continue going about my day

I havent noticed a consistent span of time between the dream and the happening.  but then again i dont even remember the dream until after PRS has taken place so its not like I could even track it anyway

and its never some life changing event, its literally just pointless random shit like entering a building I've never been to, or meeting some new guy at work

It'd be nice if this was some sort of usable skill, but all it really accomplishes is making me sound crazy whenever it comes up in conversation

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#33]

"Me too.
Everyone Ive met personally that has weird ESP shit going on was born at the end of January."

Weird. Mine is near the end of Jan. I've had at least one dream that came true, and a few other odd episodes.

When I was a kid, I found a toy tommy gun while I was out with my dad shooting at dump in the country. It was slightly broken, but I didn't care. It disappeared at some point, and forgotten about. There was a pond in the woods behind my house. I had a dream that the pond disappeared and I was walking in the empty field that remained and found the toy. I spent a lot of time as a kid exploring the forest behind my house. At some point months later, the levee of that pond was breached and drained the pond. One day , months later, I was out there and ran across the tommy gun that had been submerged in the pond. I have no idea how it got there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, here is my story.  The backstory is that my business partner was an atheist. I came into the office one day in 1994 and told her that I had a dream that my old boss died.  She made fun of me in the typical way blah blah blah.

I found out later that morning that my old boss did in fact die of a massive heart attack the night before.  Freaked my partner out.  Kind of gives me the chills as well. Never had anyone like that happen before or since.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top