Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Waterglass:
"Yep, but it is usually meaningless. As in the events are common place.. Like the one you described. talking to someone one, doing something. Sometimes it is more serious. I was asleeping dreaming that I was walking through a grave yard looking at the stones with my mother when my sister called, waking me up, to tell me she had died. Could be a coincidence.

I sometimes get a feeling something bad is happening to a family member or friend before I know. I used to get the urge to call my friends at random times when I hadnt talked to them in a week or two, only to find out that they were in trouble at the moment. Sometimes I will set by the phone expecting a person to call out of the blue, and then they call. I have been cheated on a few times by gals, and could feel it in my gut as soon as it happened.

Now it is usually just the dreams.

I have always figured it was coincidental. but it happens fairly often. gives me the heebygeebies."

Its exactly like this, usually mundane and insignificant. Sounds, words, phrases, odd specific objects. I know someone will say/do/hear something.
Story time:

I awoke VIOLENTLY at precisly 3:44am in utter dread and knew something had happend to my then girlfriend, we had recently separated because we "need space", I am absolutely positive that was the exact moment she conceived a child with the dude she was fucking that ended up dragging my life into a hole for 2 years destroying relationships and thinking it was my child. It was bad, real bad, and it started at that exact moment. I knew it then, and I know it now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird connections in the brain that make you think you've seen all this before. Happens to me every couple of weeks.
View Quote

It's different than that.  I can remember a dream in the morning and then have that same thing happen in real life.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Waterglass:
"Yep, but it is usually meaningless. As in the events are common place.. Like the one you described. talking to someone one, doing something. Sometimes it is more serious. I was asleeping dreaming that I was walking through a grave yard looking at the stones with my mother when my sister called, waking me up, to tell me she had died. Could be a coincidence.

I sometimes get a feeling something bad is happening to a family member or friend before I know. I used to get the urge to call my friends at random times when I hadnt talked to them in a week or two, only to find out that they were in trouble at the moment. Sometimes I will set by the phone expecting a person to call out of the blue, and then they call. I have been cheated on a few times by gals, and could feel it in my gut as soon as it happened.

I have always figured it was coincidental. but it happens fairly often. gives me the heebygeebies."

Its exactly like this, usually mundane and insignificant. Sounds, words, phrases, odd specific objects. I know someone will say/do/hear something.
Story time:

I awoke VIOLENTLY at precisly 3:44am in utter dread and knew something had happend to my then girlfriend, we had recently separated because we "need space", I am absolutely positive that was the exact moment she conceived a child with the dude she was fucking that ended up dragging my life into a hole for 2 years destroying relationships and thinking it was my child. It was bad, real bad, and it started at that exact moment.
View Quote

Damn. I had a bad experience when I failed to trust my instincts the first time. From then on I have trusted my instincts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's different than that.  I can remember a dream in the morning and then have that same thing happen in real life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird connections in the brain that make you think you've seen all this before. Happens to me every couple of weeks.

yup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

I awoke VIOLENTLY at precisly 3:44am in utter dread and knew something had happend to my then girlfriend, we had recently separated because we "need space", I am absolutely positive that was the exact moment she conceived a child with the dude she was fucking that ended up dragging my life into a hole for 2 years destroying relationships and thinking it was my child. It was bad, real bad, and it started at that exact moment.

Damn.

I knew it wasnt my child. I was there for the delivery, I even named him. I threw away the best woman of my life to be with them.
Whores gonna whore.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hell if I know. If I had the answer for that I'd probably be doing something else with my life. My Mom told me she had the same thing happen when I asked her about it  once (I was probably 10 or so). Seems to be a familial connection with it. Probably genetic or something. I find it interesting but don't dwell on it too much anymore. It is pretty entertaining to hear others with the same thing though. Also, I think when people talk about this just being deja vu, it is only because they don't understand the difference between a feeling of familiarity and actual precognition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can remember dreams very well.  Sometimes it's like I'm remembering them in real time.

Usually there is something weird or out of place in the dream.  When it happens in real life I remember the dream and think "Oh, that's not weird now."

I had a dream in probably November.  It was my old father in law, my daughter, and myself eating pizza at some restaurant.  I didn't think much of it.

In December he called me up to help deliver a bunch of turkeys to a VFW.  He took us out for pizza afterwards.

That's how it is for me also; just a small piece of time in the day, and usually while doing something I don't normally do. The only reason I remember these parts in the dreams is because they are out of place. I posted about some of my other sleep paralysis/weird sleep issues in the thread last week.

I used to have this happen way more as a kid.  It does taper off.

In elementary school I never said anything, in middle school I would say things about it happening and my friends just looked at me like I was nuts.  I didn't say anything about it after that.

I did ask my mom about it and all she said was that her and her mom had some kind of ESP thing going on.  They are both gone now.

How in the hell can you dream the future?

Hell if I know. If I had the answer for that I'd probably be doing something else with my life. My Mom told me she had the same thing happen when I asked her about it  once (I was probably 10 or so). Seems to be a familial connection with it. Probably genetic or something. I find it interesting but don't dwell on it too much anymore. It is pretty entertaining to hear others with the same thing though. Also, I think when people talk about this just being deja vu, it is only because they don't understand the difference between a feeling of familiarity and actual precognition.

Exactly, it's not like "I feel like I've been here before."  I dreamed this and it happened in real life.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I knew it wasnt my child. I was there for the delivery, I even named him. I threw away the best woman of my life to be with them.
Whores gonna whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

Damn.

Whores gonna whore.

Sorry man.

I had a bad experience at first when I failed to trust myself.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can you guys give an example?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have this too sometimes. I'll be leaving the house and look at my night stand an extra 10 times and not realize why, then I get five miles down the road and remember my phone charger is still on the floor next to it. There have been a few instances of situations/statements people have made being eerily similar to a dream or something that I've had too.

I actually dream shit before it happens.

I do the same thing.

Yep, very vivid.

Can you guys give an example?

A person saying something or a event happening are the most common for me. Most notable was a car accident.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Do any of you guys have lucid dreaming?  Dream in vivid color?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do. I dream I am animals. I have dreams of speaking in languages I do not know. I have even had dreams that I was a woman.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Whores gonna whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

Damn.

Whores gonna whore.

You guys are not understanding.  I actually dream shit that happens.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

Damn.

Whores gonna whore.

10-4. Read you loud and clear. Same for me. When it happens in real life it is like being in a replay of the event because you were already there once and you already know what is coming.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do. I dream I am animals. I have dreams of speaking in languages I do not know. I have even had dreams that I was a woman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't dreamt I was a woman or an animal, but ocassionally have lucid dreams where I can control the direction and outcome of the dream. Also always in vivid color like it is real.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:16:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems like fun.  I do have good dreams but I hate those bad ones.

Can't pull the trigger, can't pull the brake lever on my train, and cant save my daughter from drowning.  Sucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

Damn.

Whores gonna whore.

Yes, I do that also. I have a few weird ESP-y things going on, that was just the most definitive proof, to me, that the shit I feel/dream is not some oddball coincidence or hindsight induced.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the subconscience mind can predict the future by using induction deduction based on information the waking mind possesses, but the awake mind fails to put together. Then the brain projects it in the form of dreams.

Sometimes dreams can so closely match reality that we see it as supernatural when in reality it is just the sleeping brain making logical predictions that the awake brain is incapable of putting together.

just my opinion based on no proof what so ever.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can't pull the trigger, can't pull the brake lever on my train, and cant save my daughter from drowning.  Sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had those but luckily it is infrequent. Now I realize it is a dream as soon as something frustrating like that starts happening so I can affect the outcome of the situation in a different way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did ya get laid ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

10-4. Read you loud and clear. Same for me. When it happens in real life it is like being in a replay of the event because you were already there once and you already know what is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waterglass:

Story time:

Damn.

Whores gonna whore.

Yep, I always wish it were longer or had something usefull to it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:20:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think the subconscience mind can predict the future by using inductiin deduction based on information the waking mind possesses, but the awake mind fails to put together. Then the brain projects it in the form of dreams.

Sometimes dreams can so closely match reality that we see it as supernatural when in reality it is just the sleeping brain making logical predictions that the awake brain is incapable of putting together.

just my opinion based on not proof what so ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the subconscience mind can predict the future by using inductiin deduction based on information the waking mind possesses, but the awake mind fails to put together. Then the brain projects it in the form of dreams.

just my opinion based on not proof what so ever.

I don't really have any preconceived notion about what mechanism it is exactly that causes it to happen, and really it doesn't matter to me as far as the how or why, but it would be pretty cool to know for sure. I just know it happens.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:20:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Did ya get laid ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did ya get laid ?

As a woman? never. Usually women dreams are bad ones. Getting burned alive or crucified.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:22:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think the subconscience mind can predict the future by using induction deduction based on information the waking mind possesses, but the awake mind fails to put together. Then the brain projects it in the form of dreams.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe for some people.

I can actually remember a dream and have it play out in real life.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Goodnight folks, Ill let ya know if the apocalypse is coming tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe for some people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe for some people.

Sure. I can too. I still think it is the brain doing what amounts to calculous and projecting it in the form of a dream. You remember the dream, and the reality matches what your mind created. It is basically the Sherlock Holmes in your head solving a case.

I mean it could be magic.. I dont know.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can remember dreams very well.  Sometimes it's like I'm remembering them in real time.

Usually there is something weird or out of place in the dream.  When it happens in real life I remember the dream and think "Oh, that's not weird now."

I had a dream in probably November.  It was my old father in law, my daughter, and myself eating pizza at some restaurant.  I didn't think much of it.

In December he called me up to help deliver a bunch of turkeys to a VFW.  He took us out for pizza afterwards.
View Quote

Do you think it's weird, that all your dreams involve Pizza?

It happened to me before, when I was on a low carb diet.    You're probably pre-diabetic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

As a woman? never. Usually women dreams are bad ones. Getting burned alive or crucified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did ya get laid ?

Well, if it's a Lucid dream, can't you just ask to be Raped...at first....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#27]
No, that was just two examples.  I am in good shape.

Do you have anything to add?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Goodnight folks, Ill let ya know if the apocalypse is coming tomorrow
View Quote

Goodnight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:32:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did ya get laid ?

that has never occurred to me. I usually just decide to wake up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure. I can too. I still think it is the brain doing what amounts to calculous and projecting it in the form of a dream. You remember the dream, and the reality matches what your mind created. It is basically the Sherlock Holmes in your head solving a case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe for some people.

I don't think so.

How can I remember a dream and then it happens?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I once dreamed I banged a big titted  blonde with a pussy that tastes like French vanilla ice cream. Craziest thing is it happened a couple of weeks later.
View Quote

Ive had the same dream except her ASS tasted like french vanilla icecream.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#32]
There was a member here who posted that whenever he ate pizza his face would emit a puke like odor. Like so bad that people noticed.

NYshooter tried to help him.

That wasn't a dream.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I once dreamed I banged a big titted  blonde with a pussy that tastes like French vanilla ice cream. Craziest thing is it happened a couple of weeks later.

Have you guys tried Bryer's vanilla ice cream?  It's pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't think so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe for some people.

I don't think so.

Well, you have all the information to construct a likely scenario in your head, (you like pizza, you will be doing something and pizza may be the result) you just don't put them together while awake. Your brain does while asleep. then you do the thing you intended to do, and get pizza.

So your brain knew pizza was coming, it dreamed about you getting pizza.. You get pizza.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I awoke VIOLENTLY at precisly 3:44am in utter dread and knew something had happend to my then girlfriend, we had recently separated because we "need space", I am absolutely positive that was the exact moment she conceived a child with the dude she was fucking that ended up dragging my life into a hole for 2 years destroying relationships and thinking it was my child. It was bad, real bad, and it started at that exact moment. I knew it then, and I know it now. [/span][/span]
View Quote

That, Is creepy, but it also, doesn't make any friggin sense.  

In fact, it's one of the most creepy, nonsensical things ever posted here.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:43:51 AM EDT
[#36]
It has nothing to do with pizza, just random things.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That, [span style='font-style: italic;']Is[/span] creepy, but it also, doesn't make any friggin sense.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I awoke VIOLENTLY at precisly 3:44am in utter dread and knew something had happend to my then girlfriend, we had recently separated because we "need space", I am absolutely positive that was the exact moment she conceived a child with the dude she was fucking that ended up dragging my life into a hole for 2 years destroying relationships and thinking it was my child. It was bad, real bad, and it started at that exact moment. I knew it then, and I know it now. [/span][/span]

That, [span style='font-style: italic;']Is[/span] creepy, but it also, doesn't make any friggin sense.  

He didn't dream it.  He felt it through the force.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I was just using pizza as an example.

The subconscience mind picks up on information your waking mind doesn't.

It may try to communicate the information in a way you can understand in the form of dreams..
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was as if, Suddenly.... A Hundred Million Sperm cried out at once!    

His mind, and her cervix, were as ONE.    
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Deja vu

You're in the middle of something, and you think "I've done this before" or "I dreamt this".
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was just using pizza as an example.

The subconscience mind picks up on information your waking mind doesn't.

It may try to communicate the information in a way you can understand in the form of dreams..
View Quote

I remember dreams after I dream them.  Sometime later it happens.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I didn't click on that.  I dream the future and there is nothing else to it.  It's odd but it happens.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a run of dreams where I'd be doing real boring shit.  Laundry and dishes.

I'd wake up a bit latter and be crushed to see it wasn't done.  At all

Basically, had to relive that tiny hell twice.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:25:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The same with me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deja vu.

I had several very strong instances when I was younger. Seems to have diminished over the years.
The same with me.  

Ditto
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had it happen twice. It's NOT Deja Vu. I've experienced deja vu many times before and this is in a completely different class.

The firs time it happened I was 14. Never been in a serious fight in my life. I had a dream that I got jumped and basically got my ass beat... Hard.  I thought it was a pretty weird dream, but I didn't really think much else of it.

Two weeks later, it happened. The situation didn't "seem familiar" - It was an exact frame by frame replay of the dream. The only thing missing from the dream was the faces of the people involved. Everything else, from the setting, to the clothing I was wearing and the clothing they were wearing, to the exact sequence of events was a perfect match to that dream. I didn't really have time to process everything till after I was done bleeding everywhere

About four months later I had another dream about a much more benign event that happened within a week or two and again, it was a frame-by-frame replay of the dream.

It hasn't happened since then, but I can assure you that deja vu is a completely different thing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#46]
It's shocking that in my mind numbing interactions with people I say and hear the same shit over and over again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you need to give up pizza for a while.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've had it happen twice. It's NOT Deja Vu. I've experienced deja vu many times before and this is in a completely different class.

The firs time it happened I was 14. Never been in a serious fight in my life. I had a dream that I got jumped and basically got my ass beat... Hard.  I thought it was a pretty weird dream, but I didn't really think much else of it.

Two weeks later, it happened. The situation didn't "seem familiar" - It was an exact frame by frame replay of the dream. The only thing missing from the dream was the faces of the people involved. Everything else, from the setting, to the clothing I was wearing and the clothing they were wearing, to the exact sequence of events was a perfect match to that dream. I didn't really have time to process everything till after I was done bleeding everywhere

About four months later I had another dream about a much more benign event that happened within a week or two and again, it was a frame-by-frame replay of the dream.

It hasn't happened since then, but I can assure you that deja vu is a completely different thing.
View Quote

Weird eh?  I guess the force is just a little bit strong in you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

I do. I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis episodes when I was younger. I learned to recognize and control them, that led to me being able to control almost every aspect of my dreams. It's great.

I dreamed that the space shuttle Columbia had exploded, I woke up, turned on the TV, and it had happened. Don't know whether it was because I had recognized it was due for reentry the next day, before I went to sleep, or not.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top