Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've hand loaded 36 gr varmint grenades to 4500 fps just to see how far I could go without pressure signs.

I stopped, and saved my throat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw in the Cabela's catalogue that Hornady is selling 22-250 loaded to a velocity of 4450 fps. That is pretty fast.

I wander what the 220 Swift does with the same bullet.

I've hand loaded 36 gr varmint grenades to 4500 fps just to see how far I could go without pressure signs.

I stopped, and saved my throat.

Shit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have burned up several 22-250 barrels and they all gave up around 2000 rounds. I doubt that the Swift is much less than that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure.  55gr FMJ or Nosler Ballistic tip pushed by H380 to 3300 fps will do that all day at close range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

at least it was the left foot so he can still drive cars with an auto trans.
View Quote
Missing my right foot and drive slowmatics with the best of them... Standards are a compleatly diferent story.    Now still having his right foot is very helpful with motorcycles though.

Also having full use of his knee and lower leg means he loses very little of his mobility.      Will be a tough transition though.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Missing my right foot and drive slowmatics with the best of them... Standards are a compleatly diferent story.    Now still having his right foot is very helpful with motorcycles though.    

Also having full use of his knee and lower leg means he loses very little of his mobility.      Will be a tough transition though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't most motorcycles shift with your left foot?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, he probably shouldn't have done that... Definitely made a nasty mess.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks like it would be great with a burrito wrap and a dollop of sour cream
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#10]
That hurt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just a pic that showed up on my FB feed. seriously according to arfcom anything 22 is good for squat!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a special kind of flexible to point a bolt action at your own foot while unloading it.  

It's too bad about his foot.

Did you ask him what it felt like when it happened?
just a pic that showed up on my FB feed. seriously according to arfcom anything 22 is good for squat!

Saw a "22 round" (5.56 NATO) go through a foot at point blank in Iraq. Looked like an ice pick through the foot.

Unloading off the back of a 2 1/2 ton during a Cordon and Search mission. Foot was in the footstep and rifle was chest slung and caught on top of his boot.  Something pulled the trigger....either clothing or his booger hook. We don't know and he wouldn't admit.

So it's possible.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#14]
kinda surprised it wasn't worse.  Speed is a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah , I think the whole motorcycle thing is out the window now .
Still want a 22-250 . I sold my .223 scoped varmint gun and think I will get a 22-250 for replacement
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You could probably fit several .25-06 cartridges in the canyon that guy calls a foot now
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

where does the 25-06 fit in

You could probably fit several .25-06 cartridges in the canyon that guy calls a foot now

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top