Giant air gun...

Like punkin chunkin...

See if they can break the mile...
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring back the guillotine!

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I sat in Virginia's electric chair back in the late 70s when they were renovating the execution/viewing room at the old Virginia State Penitentiary during the capital punishment hiatus of the time. The executioner worked the front sally port.

As far as I know they will use the same one as they took it to Greenville when CP was GTG again.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell yea, ride the lightning!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not use nitrogen?

Exactly.

It would be the best method.

Oklahoma switched to Nitrogen.

I kew someone who died from nitrogen , it takes you quick and you never feel a thing
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
One relatively easy thing Virginia could do is any drug manufacturer unwilling to supply the needed drugs would also be ineligible for any state Medicaid contract.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Utah went back to firing squads...

just sayin'.
View Quote

Death by firing squad, if executed correctly, is swift and effective. (The "if" is added since apparently people have screwed it up at least once).

And unlike modern lethal injection, the firing squad pre-dates the existence of our republic.  Thus, the firing squad is not "cruel and unusual punishment."

Time to return to the time-honored firing squad.  May I suggest no fewer than 12  trained gunmen using at least .30 caliber rifles?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all bullshit.

Give them a last hit of 20cc's of uncut heroin and call it good.  They'll be dead before the plunger is completely down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
No need to fire up Old Sparky.  I will gladly take care of that vile POS.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why not use nitrogen?
View Quote

Or carbon monoxide
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Public hangings in the courthouse square (as others have already said)
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hear that hemp rope is both environmentally friendly, and reusable, too.
View Quote

Only if it's locally grown, organic, fair trade hemp.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't understand the way our society currently views executions.  Setting the moral/ethical/legal concerns of a death penalty aside for another thread, we seem to agree that execution should be swift and not cause undue suffering.  

There are several time-tested methods for accomplishing a swift execution, yet our society insists on pursuing the strange and the overly-complex.  

A proper hanging is a good option.  The French guillotine is another good option.  

Having unskilled non-medical personnel hook people up to IV's and pump them full of questionable drug cocktails is stupid.  Electrocution seems clumsy and clearly prone to problems.  It boggles my mind.
View Quote

The only reason the death penalty is holding on in modern society is due to the fact that they're told lethal injections are painless and humane.  Bringing back more antiquated methods will be the end of it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]
If they ask real nice, maybe the Mormons will let them borrow their chair.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I find it terribly confusing that the pro-suicide people can come up with devices that can end people's life with ease, but for some reason its excessively difficult to figure out how to execute someone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I find it terribly confusing that the pro-suicide people can come up with devices that can end people's life with ease, but for some reason its excessively difficult to figure out how to execute someone.
View Quote

I agree, Nitrogen, etc, etc, etc,
So many methods, 'painless' (the condemned should not suffer, cruel and unusual-LOL)
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Guy was creative.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's wrong with using a syringe full of air??

View Quote

Because it's not as easy as the movies make it out to be.

Every day people are given a lethal cocktail that would be leathal and painless absent a breathing machine. This is called "general anesthesia."  Not hard to do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So many methods, 'painless' (the condemned should not suffer, cruel and unusual-LOL)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trouble is that the leftists claim a needle stick, something that hundreds of thousands of people get every day, "cruel."
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Utah went back to firing squads...

just sayin'.
View Quote

Yep.  That would be my preferred way to go,  if I were on death row.   Hanging done properly is effective and humane as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Helium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand the way our society currently views executions.  Setting the moral/ethical/legal concerns of a death penalty aside for another thread, we seem to agree that execution should be swift and not cause undue suffering.  

There are several time-tested methods for accomplishing a swift execution, yet our society insists on pursuing the strange and the overly-complex.  

A proper hanging is a good option.  The French guillotine is another good option.  

Having unskilled non-medical personnel hook people up to IV's and pump them full of questionable drug cocktails is stupid.  Electrocution seems clumsy and clearly prone to problems.  It boggles my mind.

Hell, carbon dioxide is regarded as an actually pleasant way to go. Or is it monoxide?

Helium.

LOL! When the condemned cries out for mercy it'll be hilarious!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Why cant we use bullets?  If hes a rapist give the father or husband of the woman a gun strap the scum bag down and tell the shooter to get in point blank range and pull the trigger.  If hes not a rapist Id be there is someone out the willing to pull the trigger,  family member of the person he killed or whatever
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Wouldn't a giant syringe of morphine do the trick? It'd certainly be humane.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh well.

Bring back PUBLIC hangings.  In the courthouse square. On Saturday.  At high noon.
View Quote

And this bring this back now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Do it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#30]
.22LR to the back of the head.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I think CO2 might  be quite agonizing.   Think  how it feels when you can't take a breath; I''m told the feeling is due to CO2 building up in the blood, not lack of O2.

N2 asphyxiation is so painless that industry spends hundreds of millions of dollars/year to prevent it.   Very dangerous for people who work with LN2 if they don't have O2 monitors to tell them when to gtfo. (I work with large quantities of LN2)
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Rope can be used again and again

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Especially if your goal is a relatively short but expensive battle in the courts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not use nitrogen?

Exactly.

It would be the best method.

No a post and a pile of tires would be the best method, barring that a 10 gauge to the back of the head is swift and effective....messy but still swift and effective.

Especially if your goal is a relatively short but expensive battle in the courts.

The current reading of cruel and unusual has made a mockery of the English language, judicial history, and the rule of law. We are basically putting some sadistic or uncaring sociopaths down like Rover when he had two bad hips or cancer. Historically a large axe, a firing squad, a noose, or a bullet to the head were good enough for the guys who wrote the Constitution and we are twisting our legal system into knots over how to give the worst members of the criminal class to bed. If you want quick the shotgun slug or pellets to the melon will get the job done and there should about zero suffering. Nitrogen nor some fancy drug cocktail is going to be quicker than that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Coose314
I vote we tattoo a Jewish star picture of mohammed on their forehead, give them a pocket knife, and drop them into isis territory.
View Quote

There you go wasting a perfectly good pocket knife, damn Democrats trying to spend other people's money.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bet that fat burning in the electric chair leaves an odor.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Large-caliber single shot rifle, held in an apparatus that aims it downward.  It's fired remotely, sending a heavy round (I'm thinking a .50 BMG, because overkill beats underkill every time) down through the brain as well as the vital organs of the condemned.  Messy, but fast and certain.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#37]
7.62 x 51 mm to the base of the skull. Crushes the medulla oblongata rendering the center for heart beat and breathing inoperative. You'd obviously have to prep the area for a massive spray of blood and brain tissue but a couple of guys with a garden hose and a mop and bucket could clean it up quickly.
The biggest cost isn't the means it is the millions spent in court fighting the original sentence.
Much cheaper in the long run to simply sentence them to life w/o parole. Of course then you'd end up with jails full of lifers with no hope who would have not compunction of stabbing a guard or another inmate repeatedly.
If we as a society believe that the death penalty is needed then we'd better figure out a way to apply it fairly and not make so many mistakes in sentencing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]
It was good enough for the Briley brothers.

Google it if you don't know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Just take them up in a plane and drop them out over the ocean from about 5,000 ft.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
One relatively easy thing Virginia could do is any drug manufacturer unwilling to supply the needed drugs would also be ineligible for any state Medicaid contract.
View Quote

Or they are ineligible to sell any of their products to any medical facility/medical practice/medical doctor for use in the state.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good, because fuck that guy.  I'm not always a death penalty proponent, but I'll make an exception.

ETA:  I don't care what method they use, but he needs to get removed.
View Quote

I'm with you
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit, it's like acceptable execution methods were selected during a night of bing drinking, and never updated.

I have no idea why they don't just use N2 gas.  Quick, painless, crazy cheap, no mess, all residue and leaks are completely non-toxic (it's air, without the oxygen part).  You take two breaths, they feel perfectly normal, body goes anoxic, and you're down - that's why it's so feared in industrial accidents.  Everything is fine, and you're done.  Shit, if you were on a budget, you could do it with a face-mask and skip the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#43]
The Red Cross always needs blood. Type them and if its clean let them donate all their units and they go to sleep.
If that is not to someones liking a piece of rope and gravity have performed well.

Personally I like the idea of an electric couch where you can do a few at a time.........
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Works for me.  If they need someone to throw the switch - please PM me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#45]
The Soviets killed thousands upon thousands of prisoners (or just people that did not agree with them) by the simple application of a TT-33 or Makarov round to the back of the head. Just saying.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I propose that they just use massive overdoses of heroin to take care of business. I'm sure that they have more than enough of the stuff floating around in evidence lockers, so no cost there, plus there would be an new negative association with the stuff.

Win-win-win.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top