Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/14/2016 4:04:16 PM EDT
I ordered two Mod 3 Ambi lowers from Rainier on Friday the 8th, and had my FFL send his info that day.  I paid for 3 day shipping, which comes with the guarantee that it will ship the following day (or that day, if the order is before noon--my order was after noon).  That policy contains no caveats to busy times, etc.

Come Tuesday the 12th, I call to check on the shipment.  FedEx had a label created, but had not scanned the package for pick up or at any shipping centers.

During the call, they confirm that it was sent out, and said FedEx must have forgot to scan it.  They also say, if it hadn't went out yet, they would upgrade to overnight shipping (curious they would need a plan B, if it were already out the door).  Good enough, they say it's on the way, I'm happy.

Today I see it just shipped yesterday, Wednesday the 13th.  It is not coming overnight, but the 3 day that I paid for to have it here either yesterday (Wed.) or today (Thurs.).  No big deal, I'll call and get the refund for the 3 day shipping and get the lowers next week.  They screwed up, but, hey, no one is perfect.

During that call my integrity was called into question.  They said while laying out the timeline, "according to you to we got the FFL info Friday".  That isn't up for debate, Rainier, my FFL, and I all have records of them getting that info.

They say I don't deserve that refund on shipping, but they will do it anyway.  What friendly folks, huh?  Then while I asked when to expect that refund, so I can keep an eye on my account, I was hung up on.

When I called back to ask again, they continued to be rude, saying that "according to you" isn't implying that I lied.  Fair enough, but it isn't implying that it was the actual chain of events, that we both have documented.  He claims he was stating his opinion, which I had asked for in explaining why I didn't deserve a refund.  However, he failed to acknowledge that when the FFL info arrived is not a matter of opinion, it's a fact documented by all three parties to this transaction.

Ultimately, I thank them for taking my second call and apologize for this conversation taking the turn it did.  Before I finished that sentence, they hung up on me again.  The whole time I was only stating facts, never being abrasive other than being firm in saying I don't appreciate the suggestion that I lied about the FFL info.

It's a bunch of BS drama that should have never came about.  This should have been a non issue--I certainly wan't going to make a stink about a shipping snafu.  I was fine with a shipping refund.  I was fine with them not living up to their own expedited shipping policy.  I was fine with them not doing overnight, despite it being their word and their suggestion.

I am not fine with my integrity being called into question--especially when we both have proof to the contrary.

Needless to say, this will be my first and last transaction with them.  It's a shame, since they make nice products.  They are one of many, though, and have lost my confidence that they can live up to their word.

Hopefully, my experience can save others from the same headaches.  In this day, with so many great AR and AR accessory manufacturers, there is no need to deal with folks like that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Rainier Arms has been fine in my book.

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This reminds me, I have a 10.5" stainless (match) barrel that is out of spec that I still need to send back to them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Nvm
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I love Rainier arms
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They are active members on this board, they even have their own forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/179_Rainier_Arms.html

I'm not saying what you are describing didn't happen. I will say it is out of the ordinary for them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Many thousands spent with Rainier here.  Only had 1 issue with them and it was shipping related as well.  They shipped my Noveske M4 to my FFL, but sent it to the wrong address and didn't mark it as required a signature.  So I had a $2500 rifle shipped to a random person's house where it sat on a doorstep for 3 days.  Luckilly it was my FFL's neighbor so she just walked it over to him.

I have a feeling that one violates some law.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had or heard of a customer experience like that from Rainier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that we've heard your "official story," what really happened OP?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I paid 2 day air on a pistol that took 5 days to get here. Shit happens be a tad patient occasionally.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Me either, they have always taken care of me.  Shrug
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't realize they had their own forum.

I was shocked, as I had heard they were great to deal with.

No BS there, that is an exact play by play.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Rainier is a bigger operation than many realize and bobbles are inevitable. Email Mac about this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I paid 2 day air on a pistol that took 5 days to get here. Shit happens be a tad patient occasionally.
View Quote

I'm with you.  Look at the end--I was fine with them messing up, it happens!  I'm not okay with them implying I lied about me meeting my obligations.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't ordered as much from Rainier as others here, but each transaction has been smooth.
No complaints  at all.

I don't get these " I had a small problem. So no should buy from them" threads. It seems petty.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't ordered as much from Rainier as others here, but each transaction has been smooth.
No complaints  at all.

I don't get these " I had a small problem. So no should buy from them" threads. It seems petty.
View Quote

I was okay with the slip up.  I don't consider calling your clients integrity into questions small.  Especially when it is so easy to go back and verify when the FFL was sent.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#17]
rainier has always been good to me, ive talked to them a few times on the phone.

3 day shipping does not guarantee you will get it in 3 days from the time you place the order
it guaratee's it will be delivered within 3 days of fedex getting the package. So technically they are right, I wouldnt have refunded the express shipping.

they usually take a day or two to process a new FFL's information

ETA: took them 2 days to process an order for a lower i placed about a year ago
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
In for Rainier's response.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay, guys, I did mess up!

I just went back to verify my story, and the order and FFL were sent Thursday the 7th.  So there was an extra day elapsed.

However, that still isn't the reason for this thread.  I am just shocked they would turn this around on me, instead of owning up to their mistake--which would have been shrugged off by me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
rainier has always been good to me, ive talked to them a few times on the phone.

3 day shipping does not guarantee you will get it in 3 days from the time you place the order
it guaratee's it will be delivered within 3 days of fedex getting the package. So technically they are right, I wouldnt have refunded the express shipping.

they usually take a day or two to process a new FFL's information

ETA: took them 2 days to process an order for a lower i placed about a year ago
View Quote

Negative, their guarantee is about when it goes out the door.  Go to their checkout to see.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Muh integrity!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Rainier is a bigger operation than many realize and bobbles are inevitable. Email Mac about this.
View Quote

When they implied my story wasn't what happened in actuality, I asked to speak with a supervisor or manager.  I was informed the guy calling my integrity into question was the guy running the show (I didn't catch his name).
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Muh integrity!
View Quote

TIS IN QUESTION!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Muh integrity!
View Quote

Cute.  Do you enjoy being called a liar or something?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#25]
OP, they made you whole, and then after the fact you go on one of the largest gun forums and bash them...all in hopes of causing them financial harm after you claim you didn't want any drama...and yet you create some more? Maybe you were dealing with a low-level employee...doesn't mean the entire company deserves to be smeared by the actions of one person. Your story of them just randomly hanging up on you in the middle of a civil discourse smells fishy.

They made you whole, your stuff is on its way, so why exactly do you feel they deserve to be monetarily punished? Because let's be honest here: that is your aim.

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muh integrity!

Are you a millennial?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP, they made you whole, and then after the fact you go on one of the largest gun forums and bash them...all in hopes of causing them financial harm after you claim you didn't want any drama...and yet you create some more? Maybe you were dealing with a low-level employee...doesn't mean the entire company deserves to be smeared by the actions of one person. Your story of them just randomly hanging up on you in the middle of a civil discourse smells fishy.

They made you whole, your stuff is on its way, so how exactly do you feel they deserve to be monetarily punished; because let's be honest here: that is your aim.

View Quote

Just a heads up to others.  If I knew this was coming, I wouldn't have ordered.

They made me whole, while saying I lied (about something we can prove) and didn't deserve to be made whole.

Half-hearted attempt at making it right, at best.

ETA:  The guy I was talking to told me said "he was it" when asked for a supervisor/manager.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you a millennial?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muh integrity!

Are you a millennial?

Yup, 30 years old.

I also own and operate my own business, and have been on the other side of this sort of situation.  I would not/have not ever tried to remedy my screw up by pointing fingers at others.

I guess this is like attacking LaRue, though.  Seems like folks here believe I pulled this all out of my ass, so I guess I'll go about my business.

Not a single part of this story was fabricated, or embellished.  Take it as you will, I suppose I'm done.  If anyone has a question/comment other than goofing around, I'll reply.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muh integrity!

Quoted:

I just went back to verify my story, and the order and FFL were sent Thursday the 7th.  So there was an extra day elapsed.

However, that still isn't the reason for this thread.  I am just shocked they would turn this around on me, instead of owning up to their mistake--which would have been shrugged off by me.

Am I missing something? You admitted you messed up and Rainier was correct.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muh integrity!

Quoted:

I placed my order a day earlier than I had thought--meaning they were a day further delinquent in their duties to ship the day after an order that has expedited shipping.

ETA:  But I maintain that I don't so much care about that, more so being called a liar.  However, that timeline means it should have been in my hands a day or two ago.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Translation.  I ordered my stuff.  Paid shipping.  I got it but took longer than expected.  Stuff is good but I feel I require a backrub.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Try decaf
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Why is this in GD and not in the Mfgr's forum?  Op got sand in his vagina?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP wanted a scene... He got it..
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Translation.  I ordered my stuff.  Paid shipping.  I got it but took longer than expected.  Stuff is good but I feel I require a backrub.
View Quote

Poor reading skills, I see.  Let me help.

-I was okay with it taking longer than they claimed
-I still haven't got it, and won't until next week
-They lied when they "confirmed" it was already out the door on Tuesday
-They lied about upgraded shipping if that confirmation was incorrect
-They now say I lied about the documented fact that the FFL was received last week, which actually turns out they had a day earlier than I thought
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said I talked to the guy in charge on the phone.  Nothing left to say to them--just a warning to other folks.  I wish I had knew, I would have shopped elsewhere.

ETA: And apparently this is the exception, not the rule.  I expected folks to say this was normal, since the last time I've experienced CS like this was Botach.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I love my RUC gen 1 rifle. I wish they still made them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They said I talked to the guy in charge on the phone.  Nothing left to say to them--just a warning to other folks.  .
View Quote

Thanks for the warning! Will remember it if I ever sell in EE
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reading is really difficult, isn't it?

OP paid for express shipping. RA did not get the lower out within the time frame THEY set. They promised overnight delivery if the shipment went out late. Shipment went out late, no overnight shipping. He still doesn't have the part that should have been delivered.

They fucked up. OP is right for being irritated at the situation. I've had nothing but good dealings with Rainier, but everyone fucks up sometimes. In this case they compounded their fuck up by acting like they did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#41]
And you still havent posted your song in the Industry section or at least Post a link to this thread pleading your cause...
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#42]
So they did give you the refund? Why are you interjecting personal feels into a business relationship? You got what you wanted from them who cares if they insulted you a little bit in the process.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. Always had great experience with them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#44]
OP buy from PSA next time, your shipping & CS problems will be solved!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And you still havent posted your song in the Industry section or at least Post a link to this thread pleading your cause...
View Quote

I suspect they would tell a different story if he did post it there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#46]
They took care of me when I had a bad barrel. They sent me a return label by email within 5 minutes of the call and overnighted me a new barrel as soon as I shipped the old one back.

I like Rainier Arms. Spend your money where you see fit OP. I'd just advise you to stay away from PSA based on your rant.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So they did give you the refund? Why are you interjecting personal feels into a business relationship? You got what you wanted from them who cares if they insulted you a little bit in the process.
View Quote

GD is so fucking ridiculous when it comes to shit like this. If it's a respected vendor then everyone jumps OPs shit. If it's a business no one has really heard of "Fuck XYZ Company!"

Reading is hard. So is customer service apparently.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

OP paid for express shipping. RA did not get the lower out within the time frame THEY set. They promised overnight delivery if the shipment went out late. Shipment went out late, no overnight shipping. He still doesn't have the part that should have been delivered.

They fucked up. OP is right for being irritated at the situation. I've had nothing but good dealings with Rainier, but everyone fucks up sometimes. In this case they compounded their fuck up by acting like they did nothing wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for reading!  Ha!

But, like I said above, I guess my experience was the exception to the rule.

Either way, they acted pretty shitty for no apparent reason other than to cover their tracks.  Which is weird, since they had already begrudgingly refunded my shipping.  That should have been the end of it, but they decided to attack my character.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said I spoke with the guy in charge.  Why go talk with their keyboard jockeys?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They fucked up. OP is right for being irritated at the situation. I've had nothing but good dealings with Rainier, but everyone fucks up sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked up. OP is right for being irritated at the situation. I've had nothing but good dealings with Rainier, but everyone fucks up sometimes.

Bingo. Which is good that you understand that.. OP is here "warning" of people and has stated that he will make no more purchases from RA based off of one instance. While I can understand the difficulty of dealing with them again, because I know I would if I was in his shoes, I would still attempt to go through the proper channels and contact them through the industry section and make contact with someone who represents the company and may have more clout than the phone opertater.
OP is justified in his feels... But he shouldnt have tossed it into the GD pot and expect it to be a fruitful endeavor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top