Page / 236
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Cleganebowl, get hyped!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In the books, it's  said that Balerion was big enough to swallow a mammoth whole
View Quote

I thought it was an aurochs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the books, it's  said that Balerion was big enough to swallow a mammoth whole

Both were mentioned.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Balerion

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?

View Quote

No. I'm starting to feel like the show is the only way we're ever going to see the end of this goddamn thing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm torn.    Anyone considering not watching the show until you've read the next book?

View Quote

I finally finished them all
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How confused are you now?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't get the "Little Finger" in the show.

I still don't understand why he would give up Sansa Stark to the Boltons.  How does that make any strategic sense?

View Quote

Chess not checkers
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha, have some of it figured out but man there sure are a shit ton of hanging/deleted story lines.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still hoping Stannis is alive.  We never saw his death on screen and I'm hoping Brienne had a change of heart at the last minute and swung her sword above his head sparing him.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm still hoping Stannis is alive.  We never saw his death on screen and I'm hoping Brienne had a change of heart at the last minute and swung her sword above his head sparing him.
View Quote

Fat fucking chance of that, mate.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It just seemed off to give Stannis, the guy we just watched have his daughter burned alive, an off screen death.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumb & Dumber might bring him back just to give him the Theon treatment.

And then of course have Jaime rape someone after needlessly murdering a relative.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It just seemed off to give Stannis, the guy we just watched have his daughter burned alive, an off screen death.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumb & Dumber have, for the most part, done an okay job, but they really went full retard with Stannis.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
The red lady is going to bring jon back since she needs a king to follow since stannis is long gone. Jon will turn out to be related to khalessi and he will save the day. I'm guessing Jon doesn't show back up till the end of the season after his body was dug up by the sexy red head.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#15]
First season level boobage would be nice.

HBO has been running past seasons. Wifey and I have been reviewing. We caught a bunch of significant missed keys.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

HBO has been running past seasons. Wifey and I have been reviewing. We caught a bunch of significant missed keys.
View Quote

i catch something new every time i read one of the books again.  sometimes knowing what's coming helps the dominoes fall into place
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not likely after Miss 'Triassic Attack' turned diva and refused to do any kind of nudity.

Personally I'd love it if they canned her and replaced her with a hotter, younger unknown that was willing to get naked and work for peanuts.  Then take that extra $3M they saved and apply it towards the upcoming big battles.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
A new HBO NOW promo has a 1 second clip of Jaime Lannister in his Kingsguard's armor on horseback with Tyrell soldiers marching behind him.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A new HBO NOW promo has a 1 second clip of Jaime Lannister in his Kingsguard's armor on horseback with Tyrell soldiers marching behind him.

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/wp-content/uploads/jaime-lannister-season-6.png

View Quote

Cool.

Wonder what those shield types are.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.

Tarly bannermen would be my guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Well, the Sand Snakes got what they wished for, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Actually what the scene almost certainly is would be....

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

You never know with Dumb and Dumber, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

That scene definitely will happen, but if you're referring to the "given her character" comment, you're right.  With the way they intentionally went out of their way to ruin major characters who stood in their golden girl's way and/or wronged her family it's very possible they will ruin the character mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#26]
ETA: Disregard. Spoiler tags are borked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Looking at the cobblestones you are probably right, although I suspect both with happen next season.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The S5 Blu-ray box set will be released March 15th and as usual it will be loaded with extras.

Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy –
From the early stages of the writer’s room to the final visual effects, see what went into creating “Mother’s Mercy,” the Emmy-winning episode fans will be talking about for years to come.

The Real History Behind Game of Thrones – Watch historians, along with George R.R. Martin, explore the interweaving inspirations of the actual players in the era known as “The Wars of the Roses” and other historical events in this two-part series.

Audio Commentaries – Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.

Deleted Scenes – 4 deleted scenes

A Day in the Life – Three countries, hundreds of cast & crew, one epic day. Get an inside look at the production process of Season 5.

New Characters/New Locations – Explore the new societies, cultures and locations of Season 5.

The Dance of Dragons – Hear the story of the Greens and the Blacks, the Targaryen civil war that led to the downfall of the dragons, featuring surprise narration from notable characters from past seasons.

In-Episode Guide – Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.

Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 14 history pieces. Select Histories feature illustrations from the show’s storyboard artist, Will Simpson.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#29]
New S6 promos:

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Definitely getting a Pink Letter vibe from the Stark one.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Definitely getting a Pink Letter vibe from the Stark one.

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Kinda hoping we get one of a crumbling Wall in the background of a torn Black Banner, with a mysterious and ominous voice essentially saying:

"The reclamation has already begun. And you are all hopeless to stop it."
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:40:51 AM EDT
[#32]
87 days to go.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope that when:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't get why as many valerian steel daggers as there are, why don't the rich houses buy a few and then have the steel of them melted off into a single real sword for practical use....

It's said house Lannister lost theirs and Tywin couldn't buy one off anyone else but surely he could have afforded a few daggers and then had them recast as swords....
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't get why as many valerian steel daggers as there are, why don't the rich houses buy a few and then have the steel of them melted off into a single real sword for practical use....

It's said house Lannister lost theirs and Tywin couldn't buy one off anyone else but surely he could have afforded a few daggers and then had them recast as swords....
View Quote

Valyrian steel is pretty much the unobtanium of the Martin-verse. Ridiculously expensive and exceedingly rare.

The only place where you can commonly find it is in Valyria itself, and almost no one wants to risk a trip through that hellhole.

This means the few houses that do have objects made from the material are completely unwilling to give them up. Including daggers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

presumably it can't be melted without dragonfire and i suspect it would cost a king's ransom to assemble enough daggers and knives.  regardless of what the series showed, anyone familiar with blade making knows ice wasn't melted and re-poured, more likely cut and the two pieces reworked and rehardened.  also, to date we've met one smith in the whole of 7 kingdoms who can work it.  it's a lost or dying art like the original damascus process.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

presumably it can't be melted without dragonfire and i suspect it would cost a king's ransom to assemble enough daggers and knives.  regardless of what the series showed, anyone familiar with blade making knows ice wasn't melted and re-poured, more likely cut and the two pieces reworked and rehardened.  also, to date we've met one smith in the whole of 7 kingdoms who can work it.  it's a lost or dying art like the original damascus process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's kinda what happens when all your smiths and dragons get pyroclasted by about fourteen volcanoes going off at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are also short of people who know the magic to weave spells into the blades

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#39]

ETA: Well, never mind.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#40]
In an interview today, Kit Harrington continues to vehemently deny that Jon Snow is coming back, saying "Jon Snow is dead, get used to it."

Reaction from fans everywhere:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are also short of people who know the magic to weave spells into the blades  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

tobho mott knows the spells...before the magic/dragons (chicken/egg) came back i suspect the "spells" functioned like chants or songs to make the smith work at a certain pace, heat for a certain time, etc. now that magic is returning, i wonder what it will do beyond staining oathkeeper and widow's wail red. same with the wildfire process from the pyromancer's conversations with tyrion in ACOK.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But Tywin had Ice melted down to make Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't get why as many valerian steel daggers as there are, why don't the rich houses buy a few  
View Quote

They are priceless heirlooms and almost never sold even by now-impoverished houses.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They are priceless heirlooms and almost never sold even by now-impoverished houses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get why as many valerian steel daggers as there are, why don't the rich houses buy a few  

even littlefinger's was only lost in a bet with the king
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
which one of you geeks can answer this question:

was coldhands benjen stark?

View Quote

George's editor asked the same question. A person on reddit dug through piles of original manuscripts at Texas A&M and George writes "NO!" Beside her question ;)
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In the books, it's  said that Balerion was big enough to swallow a mammoth whole, and had teeth as long as long-swords.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Dragons,.  I read an article that they will be twice the size they were last season.  So in Season 5 Drogons wing span was 60 ft.    So in Season 6 his wing span is going to be 120ft.  Can you imagine how fucking big he is going to be?  Its gonna be crazy.    I think Tyrion may release Viserion and Rhaegal also.   Allowing them to eat at will makes them bigger.     There is a fan theory that Tyrion is half Targaryen.   There has to be 3 riders because there are 3 Dragons.   It sounds plausible.

In the books, it's  said that Balerion was big enough to swallow a mammoth whole, and had teeth as long as long-swords.

I might be mistaken here but I could have sworn it was swallow an aurochs whole... which is just a bigger cow. A mammoth is quite bigger and are mammoths even mentioned in ASOIAF?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You realize how much steel is in a sword versus a few daggers, right?

Then you have to get one of the few rare smith's that can rework them.

There was a character that had a Valyrian Axe that was lost I believe in the andal wars
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Titties and torture, I'm so in.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

SPOILER:

Season 5 went off the rails and was the worst season.

View Quote

Here is another spoiler.....

Given that every season is worst than the one before......Season 6 will really be pathetic.

The only plot in the whole show centers around the killing off the main characters.  The last one alive wins.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I might be mistaken here but I could have sworn it was swallow an aurochs whole... which is just a bigger cow. A mammoth is quite bigger and are mammoths even mentioned in ASOIAF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Dragons,.  I read an article that they will be twice the size they were last season.  So in Season 5 Drogons wing span was 60 ft.    So in Season 6 his wing span is going to be 120ft.  Can you imagine how fucking big he is going to be?  Its gonna be crazy.    I think Tyrion may release Viserion and Rhaegal also.   Allowing them to eat at will makes them bigger.     There is a fan theory that Tyrion is half Targaryen.   There has to be 3 riders because there are 3 Dragons.   It sounds plausible.

both are mentioned at various times.  there are still mammoths beyond the Wall

Balerion
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top