User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 78
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
And apparently the check is late...

The Red Menace might finally be getting the boot!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not in Ferrari's and especially Mercedes' best interest to supply other teams with their best engines.  Yes it potentially makes for great racing and a good show, but if I was Mercedes, why the hell would I want to give my best engines to a team like Williams that has two excellent drivers and the technology to make life difficult for me?  The money I would get from winning the driver's and constructor's championships most likely would outweigh any money I could get from a team buying my engines.

That being said....I would like to see a better show.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The commercial rights holder should partner with a manufacturer (and by partner I mean foot a large chunk of the development cast) to produce a client engine that will be usable for many years.  Leaving the Factory teams to develop engines of their own at their own cost.
The Cosworth DFV was used competitively for ~15 years.  They'd need to stop mucking about with the engine rules so much for a maker to to come in like that again.
View Quote

I still think it's funny that Renault got everybody into this mess and still can produce an engine that is worth a shit.

There needs to be room in the engine specs for everybody in some combination. Turbo v6s X displaceemnt, Non-Turbo v6s X + Y displacement, and so on.

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I still think it's funny that Renault got everybody into this mess and still can produce an engine that is worth a shit.

There needs to be room in the engine specs for everybody in some combination. Turbo v6s X displaceemnt, Non-Turbo v6s X + Y displacement, and so on.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The commercial rights holder should partner with a manufacturer (and by partner I mean foot a large chunk of the development cast) to produce a client engine that will be usable for many years.  Leaving the Factory teams to develop engines of their own at their own cost.

The Cosworth DFV was used competitively for ~15 years.  They'd need to stop mucking about with the engine rules so much for a maker to to come in like that again.

I think there just needs to be a fuel limit. If it's 100kg, that's all that matters. No more fuel flow limits. If you run out of fuel more than twice in a season, for example, there's a penalty.

10, 8, 6, 4 cylinders, turbo or not, doesn't matter.

If you want to limit hybrid output per lap or whatever, fine. I like hybrids.

Refueling? If you want to.

If you're really crazy bring in the blue shell.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Ferrari announcing an announcement.

Twitter link for those not on facespace.

We are about to unveil something unique. Stay tuned.
#ReadySetRed readysetred.ferrari.com
Stiamo per svelare qualcosa di unico. Stay tuned.
#ReadySetRed readysetred.ferrari.com
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
So.. I think I'm going to start a motorsports blog.  Might make it a weekly thing and do smaller special write ups if something large happens.  Ideas for names?  Suggestions?  etc?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So.. I think I'm going to start a motorsports blog.  Might make it a weekly thing and do smaller special write ups if something large happens.  Ideas for names?  Suggestions?  etc?
View Quote

Being in the Pits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Cypher...

The armpit of Motorsport.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#15]

It's like it's 2010 again, but without Kubica and Petrov.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Baku F1 Quali to clash with Le Mans start.

This is RIDICULOUS.

Clearly I'm a mega F1 fan, bur 24 HoLM take precedence of all others.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Baku F1 Quali to clash with Le Mans start.

This is RIDICULOUS.

Clearly I'm a mega F1 fan, bur 24 HoLM take precedence of all others.
View Quote

Yep... most important race of the year.  The only 24 hours of the year that will get you seriously injured if you touch the TV set.  

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is that Bernie fucked all the F1 drivers out of being able to compete.

It's nice that the actual racing won't clash... but Le Mans ends, and Baku starts an hour later... I'll be in an alcohol induced coma by then.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#18]
pretty pissed they fucked Nico H. out of defending his title,
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Being in the Pits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Being in the Pits.
On Pit Road?

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
On Pit Road?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being in the Pits.
On Pit Road?

At Full Chat

Overtake Weekly

Polesitter (Pole Position?) Post

Final Lap

Tailpipe Times (Tales from the Tailpipe?)

Valve Spring Sentinel

Rubbered-In

Chocolate Senna Circular

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

At Full Chat

Overtake Weekly

Final Lap

Valve Spring Sentinel

Rubbered-In

Chocolate Senna Circular

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being in the Pits.
On Pit Road?

At Full Chat

Overtake Weekly

Final Lap

Valve Spring Sentinel

Rubbered-In

Chocolate Senna Circular

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:18:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Pit Gantry?

I like a few of those, Plumber
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pit Gantry?

View Quote

Thanks!

Pit Gantry sounds good.

En Parc Ferme? Maybe that's a bit too European...

Under the Tyre Blanket

The Daily (weekly) Tribunal (Like Tribune, but Tribunal, because the FIA seems to have a lot of those)

Motorsport(s) Tribunal
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#24]
For those of you interested in joining our open wheel fantasy league, here is the link for this years sign up: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_125/1831202_.html&page=1

We draft 2 drivers from both F1 and Indycar, then make weekly picks which adds a bit of strategy. Last year was a lot of fun, through 36 races our winner was decided by six points.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Honda plays down reports of huge horsepower biist

Red Bull's new (old?) livery today from wet testing at Paul Ricard

Sprinklers on today at Paul Ricard

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Steward's Inquiry.

Or Stuart's Inquiry if you want to use a pseudonym (or if by some crazy coincidence your name is Stuart).  
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Steward's Inquiry.

Or Stuart's Inquiry if you want to use a pseudonym (or if by some crazy coincidence your name is Stuart).  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Steward's Inquiry.

I like this one the best so far.  

I like the new (old) Red Bull paintjob too, no more purple.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#29]

You just have to love the F1 press. The spout almost as much bullshit as the average weatherman.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You just have to love the F1 press. The spout almost as much bullshit as the average weatherman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

First thing I do when I get to work in the morning, before clocking in, is go sit on the throne and fire up motorsport.com to see what stupid shit is going to happen today.  Never fails.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Photos from testing today

Daniel Ricciardo had the best time with a 1'08''713 in front of Stoffel Vandoorne (1'09''131) and Kimi Räikkönen (1'09''637).
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#32]
F1 Drivers Call for Closed Cockpits...

I can see where they're coming from.  Jules Bianchi's and Justin Wilson's deaths were tragic, and Mercedes' design isn't too egregious but....F1 means open wheel, open cockpit.  For me at least.  If I want to see the fastest closed cockpit cars, I'll watch ALMS/ELMS.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can see where they're coming from.  Jules Bianchi's and Justin Wilson's deaths were tragic, and Mercedes' design isn't too egregious but....F1 means open wheel, open cockpit.  For me at least.  If I want to see the fastest closed cockpit cars, I'll watch ALMS/ELMS.
View Quote

Open wheel I can see sticking with, but practically speaking, how much of a difference is there between today's full-face helmets and up-to-the ears cockpits and a fully enclosed one?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Thanks!

Pit Gantry sounds good.

Under the Tyre Blanket

The Daily (weekly) Tribunal (Like Tribune, but Tribunal, because the FIA seems to have a lot of those)

Motorsport(s) Tribunal
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pit Gantry?

Thanks!

Pit Gantry sounds good.

Under the Tyre Blanket

Motorsport(s) Tribunal
I've decided on The Pit Gantry.  

Anyone feel like making me a cool banner for the blog?

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Open wheel I can see sticking with, but practically speaking, how much of a difference is there between today's full-face helmets and up-to-the ears cockpits and a fully enclosed one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, and if the cockpits enable them to lower the sides of the driver capsule, so they can see better, that would be a net improvement for safety.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steward's Inquiry.

Purple = Infiniti
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to do with head strikes by flying debris.  Felipe Massa had a horrible accident in Hungary a few years ago where a piece of debris flew off and whacked him in the head.  Knocked him out and he went full speed into a barrier at the top of the hill (turn 5?)  Ayrton Senna died the same way when a piece of his suspension flew off and hit him in the helmet.   The argument is these deaths could have been prevented if there was a canopy in place.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Is COTA a done deal for this year or is it still up in the air?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It has to do with head strikes by flying debris.  Felipe Massa had a horrible accident in Hungary a few years ago where a piece of debris flew off and whacked him in the head.  Knocked him out and he went full speed into a barrier at the top of the hill (turn 5?)  Ayrton Senna died the same way when a piece of his suspension flew off and hit him in the helmet.   The argument is these deaths could have been prevented if there was a canopy in place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Masa took a spring to the face.  Senna had a suspension rod go through his helmet and eye I think.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you misunderstood me.  I think a closed cockpit would be much safer, and wouldn't mind a bit if F1 went that way.  What I was trying to say is that it wouldn't make any difference from a spectator standpoint, since we can't really see driver anymore anyway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think you misunderstood me.  I think a closed cockpit would be much safer, and wouldn't mind a bit if F1 went that way.  What I was trying to say is that it wouldn't make any difference from a spectator standpoint, since we can't really see driver anymore anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

until the car flips over and catches fire.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#45]
first post up

http://pitgantry.blogspot.com/

havent prettied it up but thatll come.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like crastor is out
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Can we go back to big boy engines, please

Also, GO FERRARI!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#49]
We do have to wait, but I want everybody to know that the official start to racing season is THIS WEEKEND with the Daytona 24.

Daytona 24 Discussion can be found here.

Also, for those who already enjoy or would like to know more about Sportscar and Prototype racing, that thread Can be found here.

While IMSA DP cars are about as controversial as the current F1 Turbo V6's, the Daytona 24 is a great race.

Also, Rubens Barrichelllo is driving for Wayne Talylor Knoika-Minolta racing, the Corvettes are racing, and the new Ford GT is racing. It'll be good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Magnussen set to replace Maldonado

Newer article from 1/28

I think it might actually be happening...
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top