Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/29/2015 9:15:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Hollywood gave up on him after those performances
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
He is a shitty actor but the steaming turds they used as scripts didn't help anything either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not because your a shitty actor?

View Quote
Pretty much.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
He was very good in Shattered Glass, I'm not sure I agree he's a shitty actor just got stuck in a shitty role by a shitty director and blamed for the performance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I genuinely don't know if he's a bad actor. I am automatically going to give anyone directed by George Lucas the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The kid who played young Anakin really gave up on Hollywood.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it was red letter media that pointed out that he really isnt all that bad, he just got really shitty directing. I mean, everybody sucked in that movie, even McGregor, and its been proven plenty of times that he can do a good job. Since that was Christainson's first well known role, he got the shaft. He should be set for life on $$, so he shouldn't be too upset.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Mark hamill wasn't that great of an actor either. Hayden was fucked even if he isn't the greatest, by a shitty script and plot. George Lucas is not an actors director. The Star Wars plinkett reviews go into this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Umm, he's still doing movies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He is a shitty actor but the steaming turds they used as scripts didn't help anything either.
View Quote
Yeah.   There are very few people who can turn shitty lines into a good performance.  And most of those guys just wind up bringing the movie up from "stinking pile of shit" to "trainwreck."

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He was very good in Shattered Glass, I'm not sure I agree he's a shitty actor just got stuck in a shitty role by a shitty director and blamed for the performance.
View Quote

This. He can be a decent actor when he has something to work with.
The prequels are totally the fault of Lucas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think his acting was terrible so much as the directing and scripts were terrible. Nobody turned in a top notch performance, not even big name, top grossing actors and actresses who are known for good acting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I actually saw him in a movie about that British(maybe he was South African?) trader in Singapore that hid his billions in loses.. and I think brought down his brokerage as a result(dunno if you all remember that guy).... I thought he did a pretty good job in that movie..
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
a doomed role?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Outcast is supposed to be hilariously bad.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#18]

That interviewer is a dumb shit.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Sheesh, he looks like he was more traumatized by that movie than the rest of us were.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think most interviewers expect their subject to help carry things along. Jake seems like an asshole. He knows damn well there's only one reason people know his name, he should have canned responses by now that don't make him sound so asshole-ish.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think his acting was terrible so much as the directing and scripts were terrible. Nobody turned in a top notch performance, not even big name, top grossing actors and actresses who are known for good acting.
View Quote

It was pretty much this.

I mean, for God's sake, Sir Christopher Lee sounded very awkward and wooden in those films.

Sir Christopher Lee, who was one of the most talented actors on the planet as well as a certifiable badass, and Lucas made him sound like a novice High School performer.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think most interviewers expect their subject to help carry things along. Jake seems like an asshole. He knows dame well there's only one reason people know his name, he should have canned responses by now that don't make him sound so asshole-ish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most interviewers expect their subject to help carry things along. Jake seems like an asshole. He knows dame well there's only one reason people know his name, he should have canned responses by now that don't make him sound so asshole-ish.

He's a kid trying to be an adult.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you blame the guy?  Fuck if I would want to be remembered for those movies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sheesh, he looks like he was more traumatized by that movie than the rest of us were.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably is, being told you ruined something with everyone you meet that a lot of people loved can take a toll on a persons psyche.
If anyone grew up from his age being told they were a piece of shit eventually they will believe it, or even adopt it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

from what I heard, he went to my school (when I was in school) for a little bit, dropped out and now works at a pac sun store in indiana
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's probably 20 in that, made a conscious decision to start taking part in conventions of some sort - two a year or so, IIRC.

Some self deprecating humor and a joke or two go a long way with the fans. There are even people who make a living helping people practice for such interviews.

I wonder what he's up to know, some 6 years later?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

from what I heard, he went to my school (when I was in school) for a little bit, dropped out and now works at a pac sun store in indiana
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that answers my question.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#28]
It wasn't his fault George Lucas was such a fucking turd at writing movie scripts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes it is. It's on Netflix, and with sufficient ethanol it can be enjoyed quite a bit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It wasn't his fault George Lucas was such a fucking turd at writing movie scripts.
View Quote

Anakin never should have been so young in the first movie anyway.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, love that movie.

I don't think he is a bad actor, it was just not a role that suited him IMO. Actors can't always play every role well, as it still has to suit you as a person on some level.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh yes it is. It's on Netflix, and with sufficient ethanol it can be enjoyed quite a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually in the theaters down here, as "The Ghost."

But, they are already selling the DVD in stores as well.

Was it ever released in theaters in the States? IMDB confused me just now.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
He's probably 20 in that, made a conscious decision to start taking part in conventions of some sort - two a year or so, IIRC.

Some self deprecating humor and a joke or two go a long way with the fans. There are even people who make a living helping people practice for such interviews.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

As Harrison Ford told him,"You can type this shit, George, but you sure can't say it."

Because of the new movie I went back and started to re-read my Secret History of Star Wars book, and the parts about where Lucas shared his early script drafts with his friends like Scorsese and Milius are painful to read, I can only imagine how bad it was for them to have to hear it and tell him what they really thought.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Probably is, being told you ruined something with everyone you meet that a lot of people loved can take a toll on a persons psyche.
If anyone grew up from his age being told they were a piece of shit eventually they will believe it, or even adopt it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hellooooooo.

Film and Psychology major?

Dr heal thy self?

His "issues" have issues...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

As Harrison Ford told him,"You can type this shit, George, but you sure can't say it."

Because of the new movie I went back and started to re-read my Secret History of Star Wars book, and the parts about where Lucas shared his early script drafts with his friends like Scorsese and Milius are painful to read, I can only imagine how bad it was for them to have to hear it and tell him what they really thought.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Once Lucas got total control over his movies, it all fell to pieces. He's like Adolf Hilter seizing full command of the military, but instead with movies, he got rid of all the real talent that made him look brilliant.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I sort of like him Ep3 and Jumper
He can work on it and get better.
I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was a crappy actor at one time
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I though Takers was a decent movie.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what a Star Wars script written by Scorsese and Milius would've been like.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't imagine that he was offered many roles after the dreadful performances he turned in in the prequels.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#41]
For all of those saying "bad script", "bad lines", etc. I'd like to point out that Christopher Lee did a good job.  Ewan McGregor did a good job.  The guy who played Jango Fett did a good job.  I could go on and on.  I've watched these first three movies more than anyone I know, dozens of times, and I've reached the conclusion that Hayden Christensen is a huge part of the problem.  Yes, part of the problem is the horrible(or lack of) direction Lucas gave Christensen but another actor, maybe one with more experience, could have done a better job.  Christensen's voice is awful.  He puts the emphasis on wrong words in a line.  His facial expressions are all wrong.  Again, other actors get it right despite Lucas yet Hayden Christensen consistently sucks through almost every scene.  The only really good scene with him is in Revenge of the Sith where he's looking out the window at the jedi temple and it cuts to Padme also looking out the window.  For some reason he did a good job that day.  Oh and he's ok in the "opera" scene.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  That guy was a fuckin doofus.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-child-star-jake-lloyd-arrested-reckless/story?id=31945636

Ouch. Seems the interviewer saw that one coming, as did all of us cringing through that interview.

I cant help but wonder if the real issue with child stars is their parents. Everyone I ever knew who was into getting their kid out to auditions and what not was fucked up in the head.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Anakin did a sex scene in Factory Girl with Sienna Miller, they didn't fake it, they actually fucked.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#45]
If Natalie Portman wasn't easy on the eyes, she would not have had a career outside of the prequels either, just sayin'.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anakin did a sex scene in Factory Girl with Sienna Miller, they didn't fake it, they actually fucked.
View Quote

I suddenly have the urge to give him a high five.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I wonder what a Star Wars script written by Scorsese and Milius would've been like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best movie never made is what it would have been like.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Strange how having thousands of people saying that you are shit and responsible for utterly ruining a multi million dollar franchise, even years later having people refer to you as 'a kid that made you want to sterilise the human race', based on your performance at the age of 8 would have that kind of effect.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

For all of those saying "bad script", "bad lines", etc. I'd like to point out that Christopher Lee did a good job.  Ewan McGregor did a good job.  The guy who played Jango Fett did a good job.  I could go on and on.  I've watched these first three movies more than anyone I know, dozens of times, and I've reached the conclusion that Hayden Christensen is a huge part of the problem.  Yes, part of the problem is the horrible(or lack of) direction Lucas gave Christensen but another actor, maybe one with more experience, could have done a better job.  Christensen's voice is awful.  He puts the emphasis on wrong words in a line.  His facial expressions are all wrong.  Again, other actors get it right despite Lucas yet Hayden Christensen consistently sucks through almost every scene.  The only really good scene with him is in Revenge of the Sith where he's looking out the window at the jedi temple and it cuts to Padme also looking out the window.  For some reason he did a good job that day.  Oh and he's ok in the "opera" scene.
View Quote

Ewan McGregor did an excellent job...

...of playing a young Sir Alec Guinness as he had performed in the role of Obi-Wan, seriously if there was an Oscar for recreating another actor's performance decades later he would be a shoe in for it. But he didn't do a good job of just playing Obi-wan because the scripts were steaming piles of dogshit and Obi-Wan's character in the prequels had as much in common with the Obi-Wan of the original trilogy as an AK-47 does with a bundtcake.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top