Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They've been overpriced for quite some time, and now competitors are stepping in to eat their lunch. Yes, I said overpriced. They're great, but so are all the other triggers in the over $100 price range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Competition is scary. I'm sure you complain when new car dealerships open across the street from each other too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are plenty of comperable products from manufacturers that will not shit in every thread related to their or a competitors product. So i buy from them.

Competition is scary. I'm sure you complain when new car dealerships open across the street from each other too.

The fuck? Larue is not the only game in town, there are plenty of companies that make excellent products in every category that laure competes in for roughly the same price point. So all things being equal, ill buy from the humble guy, not the guy that ran into a thread created to give members a head up on a 3rd party having a sale on competitor product and ensuring the thread became about him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The fuck? Larue is not the only game in town, there are plenty of companies that make excellent products in every category that laure competes in for roughly the same price point. So all things being equal, ill buy from the humble guy, not the guy that ran into a thread created to give members a head up on a 3rd party having a sale on competitor product and ensuring the thread became about him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are plenty of comperable products from manufacturers that will not shit in every thread related to their or a competitors product. So i buy from them.

He didn't go into Geissele's industry forum, he posted in a GD thread. He does pay to advertise here. And as a result hundreds of members get almost 40% off their new triggers.

He never said anything disparaging about Geissele, in fact they promoted them before they made triggers and sell them on their website.

I'm not a Larue fanboy (only owning an RCO mount at this time), I just don't see the problem. Competition is good for everyone.

ETA: I encourage you to buy from whomever you like, there are no shortage of quality AR parts. I just don't see the outrage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a g2s and two Rock River nm2 triggers.  The Rock River triggers were half the price and have a better feel to me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not a Larue fanboy (only owning an RCO mount at this time), I just don't see the problem. Competition is good for everyone.

ETA: I encourage you to buy from whomever you like, there are no shortage of quality AR parts. I just don't see the outrage.
View Quote

His posting in that thread wasn't a big deal. The dislike of Mark isn't about his competitive nature.

Honestly, the man is a stand-up guy. He just posts some dumb shit from time to time that gets under people's skin.

Larue products are top-notch. No one can deny that. Marks actions are what make him stand out in the manufacturing community.(in a good way) His words have turned off more than a handful of members here.

Sometimes I think he just trolls because no one is gonna say shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I will say from my experience from my SSA in my MK18 build and the KAC triggers in my KAC's that both are just about equal. However I will say that I favor my geissele a tad more as the break on it feels just a tad smoother and to my liking. As far as is Geissele losing steam? I think as long is they put out the quaility they are known for they will sell. No different than KAC as some would say they are not worth the price of admission as well but they will always have customers as long as the quality holds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When is LaRue going to make a flat trigger?

I'm waiting for this before I buy one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All these other manufacturers do not have the selections that they offer

In before larue fan boys

When is LaRue going to make a flat trigger?

I'm waiting for this before I buy one

Exactly.
LaRue is a also-ran as long as they don't have flat triggers.

The others are in the back of the pack because most are range toy drop-in triggers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What you are seeing is the free market at work.
View Quote

Couple with an anemic (at best) economy that is being strangled by obamacare, illegal immigration, and half the adult population not working.
So its a way to help move static inventory.
I will continue to buy Geissele for just about all my ARs.   I think I have about 9 or 10 far, including two ALGs.  The only one that isn't is an old Milazzo-Kreiger NM 2 stage in my HBAR, and a TAcCon I wanted to try.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really wish Geissele or Larue would make a single stage trigger.  Until then I'll be buying hyperfires.

I do own multiple Geissele triggers.  They are nice, but I prefer single stage.

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html
That's really not a single stage, it's an odd rolling break. Reset is a little long too

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really wish Geissele or Larue would make a single stage trigger.  Until then I'll be buying hyperfires.

I do own multiple Geissele triggers.  They are nice, but I prefer single stage.

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html

I have an SD3G.  It is not single stage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  
View Quote
Geissele, for when it absolutely positively cannot fail

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He didn't go into Geissele's industry forum, he posted in a GD thread. He does pay to advertise here. And as a result hundreds of members get almost 40% off their new triggers.

He never said anything disparaging about Geissele, in fact they promoted them before they made triggers and sell them on their website.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not outrage, i just choose not to buy from larue for specfic reasons related to how he handels himself. Its the market doing its job.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jybVUPzNheE/S7oaD4eIm9I/AAAAAAAAAPY/g_Oql-olMBk/s1600/broken+trigger+hammer.jpgQuoted:
There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  

Which brand FCG is that?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Lot's of good triggers on the market these days. Geissele still has a lot of good options and niche triggers that others don't.

Mark's trigger is very good and competitively priced at $199. At $125 it's a great deal. I would love to see them branch out and offer a lighter pull version to compete better with the hi speed triggers.

Wilson is also putting out some excellent triggers. I've read multiple users say they're better than most of Geissele's triggers.

Competition is good. In the end we get better triggers for less money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jybVUPzNheE/S7oaD4eIm9I/AAAAAAAAAPY/g_Oql-olMBk/s1600/broken+trigger+hammer.jpgQuoted:

Which brand FCG is that?
Geissele.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?

And do those two little circles on the broken part mean it was a casting?  Or MIM?

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not really.

You won't spend $200 on an AR and get more of a performance enhancement than a good trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They were vastly overpriced to begin with.  Now they have a bit more competition, so they've dropped their prices.    

Not really.

You won't spend $200 on an AR and get more of a performance enhancement than a good trigger.

Thats not the point at all.     There are a small, finite amount of people who are willing to spend $200

Then there is a larger subgroup that will spend $100

This is just basic supply and demand.  Not Rocket Surgery.       It could be "Worth". $1000 ...   or $20.        Doesn't matter.    The supply / demand curve dictates what they will cost.       I'm amazed by how many people just don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And do those two little circles on the broken part mean it was a casting?  Or MIM?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?

I was under the impression that Giessele used tool steel for their FCG, but I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
too many fan boys make me not want to buy any of them.
View Quote

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Er, I bet you will be very very hard pressed to find KAC triggers in Special operations Mk18s. And in fact, we know that Geissele is a major supplier of SSF's to SOCOM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll let KAC and LMT know

Er, I bet you will be very very hard pressed to find KAC triggers in Special operations Mk18s. And in fact, we know that Geissele is a major supplier of SSF's to SOCOM.

Because the Geissele is a better trigger. Not because others are fragile or less up to the task of dropping a hammer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
too many fan boys make me not want to buy any of them.

Right?

I mean, clearly a lot of people saying a product is good, means you shouldn't get it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not really.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They were vastly overpriced to begin with.  Now they have a bit more competition, so they've dropped their prices.    

Not really.

Unless you got a half price Larue barrel
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.
View Quote

Yep, $200 for a trigger? They are laughing all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a LMT two stage I just replaced with a Geissle, I'll gladly trade it to you for any Geissele or ALG trigger.  Just pm me your address and it will be on the way.  Hell I'll even trade that pos for a RRA 2 stage.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll let KAC and LMT know

I have a LMT two stage I just replaced with a Geissle, I'll gladly trade it to you for any Geissele or ALG trigger.  Just pm me your address and it will be on the way.  Hell I'll even trade that pos for a RRA 2 stage.  
LOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats not the point at all.     There are a small, finite amount of people who are willing to spend $200

This is just basic supply and demand.  Not Rocket Surgery.       It could be "Worth". $1000 ...   or $20.        Doesn't matter.    The supply / demand curve dictates what they will cost.       I'm amazed by how many people just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

That's the jist of my earlier post.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was under the impression that Giessele used tool steel for their FCG, but I don't know for sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?

Geissrle triggers are MIM or investment cast. Mil triggers are investment cast so its not neccessarily a bad thing.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They've been overpriced for quite some time, and now competitors are stepping in to eat their lunch. Yes, I said overpriced. They're great, but so are all the other triggers in the over $100 price range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

When you look at the EDM wire machining, surface hardness, longevity, precision, performance, quality control, and customer service, Geissele is the industry leader.

It will take years to vet a lot of the triggers that have entered the market within the past few years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which brand FCG is that?

Holy shit guys.  That failure is from dry firing with the upper off.  Every trigger will break when you do that too much.  That's why every manufacturer says to not do it.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geissele is sponsoring AD this year on the 3 car.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Holy shit guys.  That failure is from dry firing with the upper off.  Every trigger will break when you do that too much.  That's why every manufacturer says to not do it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: SNIP

No, it was on a .22 upper.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't matter.  Dry firing the lower with no upper will crack the hammer as it hits the receiver.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That doesn't matter.  Dry firing the lower with no upper will crack the hammer as it hits the receiver.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except it broke due to a bad part, not dry firing.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I hate yall. I just ordered a MBT. My grandma in law wanted and Extremely Rightwing  sticker anyway so it's a win win I guess.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Parts fail, no one is perfect.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm happy with all my Geissele triggers and see no reason to stop buying them... Besides, I'll spend a few extra bucks to support a company that has class

Lol I read this and thought this must be a Californian pissed at LR. GD delivers!

Im from Iowa and Mark is the  sole reason i will never buy his goods.

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/tidoobody.jpg

Heretic
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not knocking them at all.

I have 2
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. People jump all over RRA for having a poor quality two stage trigger, but they get fewer than 1 in 10,000 returned for any reason (eince revising theeir design a few years back). Thats more AR triggers than Mark has even made so far.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I have 2

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 2

Did some reading btw, Geissele's are investment cast.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that's your trigger?  You can verify it wasn't dry fired with no upper?  

Because that's exactly how it fails when dry fired with no upper.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 2

this is all i can find

Read what it says under the G2S
The G2S is made with the same tool steel as the SSA and the sears are also wired.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:snip

Not mine, its from a bad run that happened around 2009 and led to Geissele implementing a second MPI check on most of their triggers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#44]
They can be tool steel and still be investment cast or MIM.  It's obvious that's how Geissele triggers are rough formed given their embossed "G".  They most likely wire EDM engagement surfaces but they are cast or injected blanks.

Not that I think anything is wrong with that.  I have 4 of their triggers.  But I would much more prefer one made from barstock for the same price.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They can be tool steel and still be investment cast or MIM.  It's obvious that's how Geissele triggers are rough formed given their embossed "G".  They most likely wire EDM engagement surfaces but they are cast or injected blanks.

Not that I think anything is wrong with that.  I have 4 of their triggers.  But I would much more prefer one made from barstock for the same price.
View Quote

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
I don't care how they make it as long as its durable and high quality.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!

I ordered already
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I'm not saying they aren't.  But it does cost more to make one from bar stock, so at a given price you are receiving a higher value add from the barstock one.  If all perceptible performance metrics are equal, the ones made from bar will have a lower failure rate per million.  But if Geissele is doing MP checks and finding occlusions/stress cracks before shipping, that difference in failure rate might be impossible to actually measure.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero bad things to say about Geissele or their triggers.

I'm just trying to point out that when LaRue sells an MBT for $125 he's really taking it in the shorts compared to an SSA for the same discount.  Again, I'm glad that Geissele is able to charge what they do and that the consumer base finds their products valuable enough to pay for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I ordered already
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!

I ordered already

I'm struggling to avoid it, saving for KAC MLOK upper...
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not mine, its from a bad run that happened around 2009 and led to Geissele implementing a second MPI check on most of their triggers.   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/491972_Broken_Geissele_Trigger_Hammer_pic_.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not mine, its from a bad run that happened around 2009 and led to Geissele implementing a second MPI check on most of their triggers.   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/491972_Broken_Geissele_Trigger_Hammer_pic_.html

Huh.  Didn't know that.  Either way, a small bad batch isn't the norm (and I'm not a Geissele fanboy either).  Carry on!  
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top