Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
So based on that ad are they going back down to $125?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not sure but if Mark leaves them at that price he will destroy Geissele's sales of the SSA and SSA-E I would think unless someone really, really dislikes some aspect of the MBT.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, are we competitive?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya know, come to think of it, besides the MBT, are there any other "Solid S7 Billet" triggers being made ?

Yes

Well, are we competitive?

Nope.  EuRal Tactical makes a TBM for $50
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You too Mark..........but.  gotcha :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

Here's hoping you have a good Shotshow Bill.

You too Mark..........but.  gotcha :)

I wondered about that. Not enough to take mine out and really look at it.

It would make a awful lot of waste to carve the bow part out of solid billet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am not sure but if Mark leaves them at that price he will destroy Geissele's sales of the SSA and SSA-E I would think unless someone really, really dislikes some aspect of the MBT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The G2S and Brownells G triggers will also suffer. I am glad Geissele has its other triggers and other products to fall back on if the SSA &SSA-E sales take hit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I really love my MBTs.  Probably won't be going back
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The G2S and Brownells G triggers will also suffer. I am glad Geissele has its other triggers and other products to fall back on if the SSA &SSA-E sales take hit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill triggers aren't going anywhere. SSF is still on big government contract, SSA-E is used by the AMU. Anytime you have big military contracts backing you, it's a huge vote of confidence for a civilian gun market.

I think the MBT will be a success, but I don't think it'll be the most highly recognized trigger.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys what is going on here is what you see when a company direct sells vs selling through distribution.

A $125 MBT sold the way Bill sells his would be $200 retail if the margin was 37.5%. Mark has cut out the middle man which has kind of backed Bill into a corner as far as retail. Mark is giving everyone "wholesale" pricing. If Bill did the same it would cut the neck of the businesses who sell him product.

This also cuts the procieved "value" of both triggers down.

If Mark had held the "retail" price, both his and Bills would have sold. Both are "worth" $200 retail.

Mark could do the same thing with the guns he builds since he doesn't sell through distribution.

The $2245 ORB 5.56 16", Mark could sell for $1403 applying the math from his trigger. Or the $3370 7.62 ORB he could sell for $2106. He won't do that though

I'm not saying he should either.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If you make them, people will buy them.

If they ever come off of backorder

That and 5.56 tranquilo mounts
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#14]
So when does the $125 sale start?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So when does the $125 $99 sale start?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you honestly think a tool steel trigger would not pass? Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which makers have a trigger in an M gun?  Geiselle has SOCOM's M-4 family of weapons and KAC has the 7.62 gas guns.

Other makers have nice triggers.  Only KAC and G have triggers that have gone through the T&E that those triggers have seen and passed.

Do you honestly think a tool steel trigger would not pass? Really?

There is so much more to a trigger mech than mettalurgy.

Make a full auto trigger that doesn't affect rate of fire from the current mil std trigger.  Now make it pass the requisite cycles of super cold, hot, wet, dry, dirty.  Make sure the springs do their job, don't rust, etc.  

Now make sure it works the same in every M-16 ever made for the USG...

G did that.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is so much more to a trigger mech than mettalurgy.

Make a full auto trigger that doesn't affect rate of fire from the current mil std trigger.  Now make it pass the requisite cycles of super cold, hot, wet, dry, dirty.  Make sure the springs do their job, don't rust, etc.  

Now make sure it works the same in every M-16 ever made for the USG...

G did that.  

View Quote

I wish I was ALLOWED to buy a fucking new full auto.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
^^^

Our billet MBTs will run and run to boredom on our in-house trigger cycle test machine ...

It will be interesting to see how many average cycles those SOCOM units make before the hammer snaps ... like most things, time will tell.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So when does the $125 sale start?
View Quote

im sure not till the backlog has been filled
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.
View Quote

You won't regret it. I love the SSA-E from Geissele. ..but my drop in single stage from CMC is a great trigger that don't regret buying at all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

See, that's what I'm talking about ... to make serious headway, I gotta get past Ruger's on-every-store-shelf  trigger, CMC's drop-in, the AR-Gold ... and numerous attractively-priced others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.

You won't regret it. I love the SSA-E from Geissele. ..but my drop in single stage from CMC is a great trigger that don't regret buying at all.

See, that's what I'm talking about ... to make serious headway, I gotta get past Ruger's on-every-store-shelf  trigger, CMC's drop-in, the AR-Gold ... and numerous attractively-priced others.

Yep.  But to answer your question on competitiveness, @ $125 the MBT would be my default choice and recommendation to others.  I get lots of people who have 1 AR or their second AR asking "what trigger..."  Those guys inevitably don't want to spend what I'm willing to spend on a truly premium trigger.  The CMC is often on sale for $130, is very good for that price point, has both curved and flat options, and is easy for them to install, and I have a couple myself so it's usually what I recommend when it's on sale.

An MBT at $125, and that's out the window.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yep.  But to answer your question on competitiveness, @ $125 the MBT would be my default choice and recommendation to others.  I get lots of people who have 1 AR or their second AR asking "what trigger..."  Those guys inevitably don't want to spend what I'm willing to spend on a truly premium trigger.  The CMC is often on sale for $130, is very good for that price point, has both curved and flat options, and is easy for them to install, and I have a couple myself so it's usually what I recommend when it's on sale.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How the F does single unit triggers like CMC stay in place? I wonder because all other triggers like Larue, Geissele and use their own string tension on the trigger pins to hold the pins and trigger parts in place? But CMC triggers can't do that because it's all self contained?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How the F does single unit triggers like CMC stay in place? I wonder because all other triggers like Larue, Geissele and use their own string tension on the trigger pins to hold the pins and trigger parts in place? But CMC triggers can't do that because it's all self contained?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KNS pins or something similar like that I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Mark, Any plans for a single stage trigger?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like LoadedDrum said, CMCs come with KNS style pins that are captured by torx screws.

Franklin Armory's drop in actually has springs inserted into the body of the drop in to utilize normal FCG pins.  I imagine there are other drop ins that may do that as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Like LoadedDrum said, CMCs come with KNS style pins that are captured by torx screws.

Franklin Armory's drop in actually has springs inserted into the body of the drop in to utilize normal FCG pins.  I imagine there are other drop ins that may do that as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an older CMC in an AR-10  , thrigger pins are held by c-clips
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unloaded and positioned Friday, electricians got juice to 'em Monday, techs are setting them up today ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's those new wire machines? I'm doing a 4 thou wire job now

Unloaded and positioned Friday, electricians got juice to 'em Monday, techs are setting them up today ...

For a layman to understand...........what are these "wire machines" you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For a layman to understand...........what are these "wire machines" you speak of?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND :p  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Internal or external?  That's interesting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the info.

Seen those before..........never realized they were called "wire" machines.

High tech nonetheless.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wire electro discharge machine. Basically uses a wire running between 2 points like a super precision bandsaw that can cut in all directions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

High tech nonetheless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

High tech nonetheless.

Your welcome and from what i saw very high tech its insane the amount of tech going into AR parts making these days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wire electro discharge machine. Basically uses a wire running between 2 points like a super precision bandsaw that can cut in all directions.
View Quote

Yup, I didn't know that until just now after looking at the link Crazed Cat made for me.

High tech stuff!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I wonder does Mark already have a flat bow trigger, he said its in the works but I wonder if he would happen to have some teaser pics ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder does Mark already have a flat bow trigger, he said its in the works but I wonder if he would happen to have some teaser pics ?
View Quote

Shot Show  Starts monday hers hoping we see all kinds of new stuff from all of them
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It just takes tweaking the programming to cut another angle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Will someone post the world star link of these two getting it on at shot here please
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

^^^

Our billet MBTs will run and run to boredom on our in-house trigger cycle test machine ...

It will be interesting to see how many average cycles those SOCOM units make before the hammer snaps ... like most things, time will tell.

View Quote

If I buy a MBT do I get some of that magical dillo dust? I'll smoke something with it and send pics!

Website is showing 199$ for the mbt-2s, why is everyone saying 125$
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#44]
so, any pics of the new burners?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If I buy a MBT do I get some of that magical dillo dust? I'll smoke something with it and send pics!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

^^^

$125 was a recent sales price. It's also the price in a print add that will be published soon.

(soon being sometime this year)
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have always been that way as far as I know. The POF comes with KNS but CMC has always had the clips I thought. The clips are external.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
$125 was a recent sales price. It's also the price in a print add that will be published soon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

Bump, any idea when the MBT will be $125 again? My brother is looking for a trigger and I thought I'd lean him toward LaRue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
^^^

View Quote

Make one that is select fire and try it out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

I bet he has since he has everything to do it already. Does being a suppressor manufacture give someone the legal ok to do it?
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top