Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2015 12:20:14 PM EDT
Kurt's a cool guy

If you think gun control is going to change the terrorists’ point of view, I think you’re, like, out of your mind. I think anybody [who says that] is. I think it’s absolutely insane. The problem, the problem that we’re having right now to turn it around…you may think you’ve got me worried about you’re gonna do? Dude, you’re about to find out what I’m gonna do, and that’s gonna worry you a lot more. And that’s what we need. That will change the concept of gun culture, as you call it, to something [like] reality. Which is, if I’m a hockey team and I’ve got some guy bearing down on me as a goal tender, I’m not concerned about what he’s gonna do — I’m gonna make him concerned about what I’m gonna do…

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Call him Snake.

Kurt is almost as bad ass a s Chuck Norris ..

Almost
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kurt's a cool guy

If you think gun control is going to change the terrorists’ point of view, I think you’re, like, out of your mind. I think anybody [who says that] is. I think it’s absolutely insane. The problem, the problem that we’re having right now to turn it around…you may think you’ve got me worried about you’re gonna do? Dude, you’re about to find out what I’m gonna do, and that’s gonna worry you a lot more. And that’s what we need. That will change the concept of gun culture, as you call it, to something [like] reality. Which is, if I’m a hockey team and I’ve got some guy bearing down on me as a goal tender, I’m not concerned about what he’s gonna do — I’m gonna make him concerned about what I’m gonna do…

View Quote
View Quote

Right.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
......good talkin with ya?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I think on to something there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]

But we have flowers to protect us from bad men with guns..

If we had guns it might make ISIS mad at us and make them think we don't like Muslims.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I've always liked Kurt.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've always liked Kurt.
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Ol' Walt Disney was on to something.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#13]
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always liked Kurt.
This  

He one of those movie stars you know could be cool.  Hard to play the roles he plays and not have alittle come naturally.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome to hear someone in hollywood stand up and not be afraid to say stuff like this
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#19]

I don't even like the moniker of Gun Culture.  Gives the wrong vibe.

I like to think of it as more a Self Protection and Self Determination Culture.  A Don't Be A Victim Culture.  It's been that way since the first cave man carried a pointy stick and a rock in his pocket.   It's nothing new.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool beans.  

(cough name drop)  I had breakfast in St.  Thomas with Kurt and Goldie.  

Well we sat within 3 feet of each other and he asked if he could have the ketchup on our table.  My wife didn't even recognize them when they sat down and I didn't bother to tell her until later.  BTW Goldie is cute as a bug in real life.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]
My biggest mancrushes as a kid were Tom Selleck and Kurt Russell.  Still are.  

They're righteous dudes!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Snake Plissken, I thought you was dead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Not ashamed to admit it......I have a man-crush on Kurt
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
The audio (about a 5 minute interview) comes across much better than reading the quotes.

Audio link:  http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/images/column/keywest/russellguns.mp3
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've always liked Kurt.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
" But one soldier, against seventeen. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to kill them all, Sir."

View Quote

heck yeah old painless nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

But could he take a full power shot from Squatdog?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Not ashamed to admit it......I have a man-crush on Kurt
View Quote

I remember back in the day when men were men and we would just acknowledge respect for another man.

Now it's "mancrush"

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cool beans.  

(cough name drop)  I had breakfast in St.  Thomas with Kurt and Goldie.  

Well we sat within 3 feet of each other and he asked if he could have the ketchup on our table.  My wife didn't even recognize them when they sat down and I didn't bother to tell her until later.  BTW Goldie is cute as a bug in real life.  

View Quote

She used to be. Not so much now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Kurt's a cool guy

View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#33]
It sounds like Kurt has his head screwed on right.  That's pretty rare in Hollywood.......
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
" But one soldier, against seventeen. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to kill them all, Sir."

View Quote

Love this quote!

Kurt is a bad ass
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#35]
He should have played Morrison.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Have always liked Kurt Russell as an actor, especially his John Carpenter movies and Tombstone, this just reinforces the fact that he is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kurt's a cool guy

http://replygif.net/i/1241.gif

Go ahead, skin that bad boy smoke wagon and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Stuntman Mike laying down the science.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#41]
OP's right.  Kurt is a cool guy.  WHY has he not been in any of the (now 3) Expendables movies?  Maybe he doesn't like hanging with all the anti-gunners in that franchise.  If that's not the reason, what then?

Seems like he should have had a part to play before Kelsey Grammer or several others.  Kelsey Grammer, an action hero?  Really?  Not seeing it.

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've always liked Kurt.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Get some!

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Why am I not surprised?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top