Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2015 9:43:00 AM EDT
I have a really hard time on the brightest setting shooting at a black B27 repair center in the direct fall sunlight of Pennsylvania.  

I have to aim at the dirt, acquire the barely visible dot, and then 'carry' it to the target very carefully and with the utmost of concentration.

No issue with the compM4.  

Is this common to all PRO's, do I have a dying battery, or is this just a lemon?   The internets are kind of split on it.  

Similar experiences and solutions are welcome.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My T1 is visible on black at setting 8.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Something's up with your Aimpoint.  I have a Pro and it's bright enough that I don't need to turn it all the way up even on the brightest days.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
What brand of battery are you using and how old is it OP?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something's up with your Aimpoint.  I have a Pro and it's bright enough that I don't need to turn it all the way up even on the brightest days.  
View Quote

This. Hell on a cloudy I thin im on click 3 or 4 and 1 and 2 are for night vision
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Not normal at all. In bright sunlight mine never made it past setting 4 or 5.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What brand of battery are you using and how old is it OP?
View Quote
This.  Even brand named 357 batteries stacked are sometimes not enough to power sufficiently.  Get the correct batteries and report back.  IF you have the factory batteries...call CS as there is something wrong.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#9]
This is not normal.  Check batteries first.  If that doesn't help, you'll need to get on the phone w/Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]

The only Aimpoint I ever had that problem with was an old Comp M.  They weren't as bright as the later model.  

I would check the batteries and then give Aimpoint a call if that doesn't fix it.  Good luck!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]
In my experience, the PRO is fine even in the bright FL sun on a clear day.  However, as the battery dies, the dot fades.  The dot is fine inside, but outside it is barely visible on the highest setting.  Try replacing the battery.  If that doesn't fix it, call Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#14]
change the battery

1/3N is what you need
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Should've gotten an Eotech instead.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Should've gotten an Eotech instead.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#17]
In my experience, your battery is weak. Get a couple 1/3N batteries and all will be well. I too tried 357 batteries stacked, and while they "work" if you're in a bind, they are too weak to power the Aimpoint correctly.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a really hard time on the brightest setting shooting at a black B27 repair center in the direct fall sunlight of Pennsylvania.  

I have to aim at the dirt, acquire the barely visible dot, and then 'carry' it to the target very carefully and with the utmost of concentration.

No issue with the compM4.  

Is this common to all PRO's, do I have a dying battery, or is this just a lemon?   The internets are kind of split on it.  

Similar experiences and solutions are welcome.

View Quote

The brightest setting is easily visible for me even on cloudless summer days, no matter where I'm looking, with tinted shooting glasses.

Try a new battery - that's a cheap $3 experiment. If it's still too dim after that, call customer support.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Change the battery.  Traded for a used Aimpoint from a friend, he said the battery was new but the dot looked kind of dim anyway.  Swapping out the battery made all the difference in the world.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#20]
A new battery would be a cheap potential fix...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I've noticed inconsistent brightness levels from one to the next.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine is plenty bright enough.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#23]
"Hey guys my battery powered device isn't working right.  Should I call the factory for help or change the battery?"

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Hey guys my battery powered device isn't working right.  Should I call the factory for help or change the battery?"

View Quote

OP:
Don't mean to dogpile but honestly, how long have you been struggling with this problem?  What kind of instructor/trainer are you?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

OP:
Don't mean to dogpile but honestly, how long have you been struggling with this problem?  What kind of instructor/trainer are you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

Um, ~18 hours?   Figured I'd ask.  I didn't know if the brightness would dim as the battery life lowered, or just shut off abruptly.  

What kind of instructor am I?  I don't know, but definitely not the kind who thinks he knows everything.  

I did get some excellent advice before the inevitable lift off of the douche-copter.

Thanks to everyone who helped.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Dot will fade as battery starts to go, replace battery and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got back from the battery store.  

World of difference.  Issue solved and thanks to all.  Very glad it was the easy thing.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#28]
It's a shame batteries are so expensive and rare you can't afford to swap it in case that may be the problem.
Eta: see, easy peasy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Just got back from the battery store.  

World of difference.  Issue solved and thanks to all.  Very glad it was the easy thing.  

View Quote
Cool, and I know what you were concerned about.  Some devices work at 100% until the voltage drops below a certain level and then just quit.  Others, like Aimpoints, will start to fade out before dying.  I keep quite a few batteries on hand for my older style M68s, and even some spare AAs for the newer M4s.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Glad that worked.  

This reminded me that I need to pick up some batteries.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Leave the front cover closed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Um, ~18 hours?   Figured I'd ask.  I didn't know if the brightness would dim as the battery life lowered, or just shut off abruptly.  

What kind of instructor am I?  I don't know, but definitely not the kind who thinks he knows everything.  

I did get some excellent advice before the inevitable lift off of the douche-copter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

It is pretty normal to expect an intructor/trainer to troubleshoot problems, esp one that involves changing a battery.

Don't like douchbag answers, try thinking before posting douchbag questions.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Leave the front cover closed.
View Quote

Yup.  If it's not the optic and just your eyesight, leave the front cover on and shoot with both eyes open.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It is pretty normal to expect an intructor/trainer to troubleshoot problems, esp one that involves changing a battery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP:

He wasn't the douchebag.  They are pretty easy to spot now though.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OP:

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
battery.

I had it happen with one, after not using it for a while. Got pissed about it.

The thing had been on for three years
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP:

You have been here long enough to know that if you post a question like this in GD you should expect to catch a substantial amount of shit. If you want serious answers, post in the techical forums.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, even at outdoor range I don't go above 8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top