User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Except the fact that they're retarded and let them know I don't talk politics with retards.
View Quote

I think you mean "accept."

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
"A fanatic is someone who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"A fanatic is someone who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

That's why my family will NOT argue politics with me much any longer.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
1- print this picture out
2- turn it into a christmas card
3- write Merry Christmas in it
4- send it to her for the holidays
5- Smile

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
FPNI.

Life is too short to deal with people that raise my blood pressure by pissing me off.  Do yourself a solid and watch out for your own health.  

"My sister's a cunt.  Wonder what she's doing for Xmas this year?  Oh yeah, fuck her.  What's on TV?"
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Except Accept the fact that they're retarded and let them know I don't talk politics with retards.
View Quote

Exactly. I just tell them we are not going to agree, so don't bring it up. I don't go out of my way to contact them frequently.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I just qui talking to them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Everyone in my family besides myself and little sister are raging liberals. SF Bay Area, go figure... Anyway at one point at family parties the shit got bad. We all agreed no politics period. Things are much better at get togethers now. They are family even if we don't see eye to eye on politics.

I had to block my other sisters FB because I could not resist tearing into her stupid friends over political threads she would start. I figure she is still my sister I'll just leave the politics out of it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Who talks to family????
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
My sister told me I'm a scrooge because I didn't give her boyfriend a present for Christmas. I don't know why she thinks I owe them something. I was surprised by that comment. She said I didn't give out enough presents. Actually I did, but she wasn't in town when I did and wasn't there to see it. Ugh. I'm cutting all ties with her. Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Lots of people who voted for Obama now have regrets. Look at the math going forward: for the Republicans to win in 2016, many of those ex-Obama voters will have to switch. Therefore, instead of bad-mouthing them, try to win them over.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
'Cause every time my sister calls me, she says that employers should have to pay for birth control, "old white men" shouldn't be allowed in government (my family is light-skinned color), "black" people are oppressed by the police and arrested unnecessary, etc. I'm getting tired of hearing that nonsense. And I know she voted for 0bama twice. She's my sister, but is absurdly liberal and although she is family, I hate hearing that crap, and hate hearing about her constant issues. I might even block her phone number. Sometimes I don't even want to talk to anyone who voted for 0bama, because those are the people who ruined America.
View Quote

Do what liberals do and humiliate and shame her in front of others.  Doesn't have to be factual, just levy accusations and insinuation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#13]
avoid at all cost. If cant avoid, point out how stupid they are for voting for that idiot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#14]
1. Don't bring up politics

2. If she does, change the subject. You don't have to discuss it with her.

3. If she continues, tell her you are going to hang up because you don't wish to discuss politics.

If none of these work, don't take her calls and explain to your parents why.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
laugh at them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a standing rule of not talking politics or religion with my family for this very reason. I see them at most a handful of times a year and can manage to talk about other things that are less divisive.

If they insist on it I adopt what I call the attitude of the amused master and just chuckle at their absolutely preposterous intellectual arrogance. This seems to really piss them off, in fact I rarely have to say a word and I never get pissed.

Think of them as clinically insane, you can't fix them anymore than you can fix someone with schizophrenia.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]

None of my Family members voted for that cock sucking communist.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
My liberal family members have learned not to bring up politics around me. It seems their feels have been hurt a few times in the past. Zero fucks given.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top