BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
California stats are impressive. Obviously gun control is really working for them.
View Quote

Ca is 21/50 in murder rate. Floriduh is 13/50.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]
South Dakota beats Texas yet again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally my state gets second place for something, sadly this is a shitty thing to get second place for.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm.  Seems something is inversely proportional between the states at the top and the states at the bottom.

What could it be. what could it be?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn DC is really high.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
rank by % white folk, see how it matches up.

diversity kills.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I see a pattern
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks a lot, Birmingham.
View Quote
On the bright side, very few of these murders prompt anything but a sigh of relief.

So there's that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

diversity kills.
View Quote
Bingo

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Look at SC's demographics, and realize that one particular group, while comprising 30 percent of our population, commit 74 percent of the murders. 91 percent of those murders are against other members of the same group. The group? You guessed it: Lesbians.

Kidding! LOL! It's not Lesbians. I'll let Carnac clue you in...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baltimore routinely has half the total murders in MD, with only 10% of the population of the state.

Look at SC's demographics, and realize that one particular group, while comprising 30 percent of our population, commit 74 percent of the murders. 91 percent of those murders are against other members of the same group. The group? You guessed it: Lesbians.

If you haven't noticed, one certain race that consists of 13% of the US population commits 50% of all murders in the US.

This is pretty consistent year to year if you break it down by race.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The 10 worst have plenty of pro gun states so I am not sure how that argument works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So wait a sec.... You're telling me that Texas, one of the most gun friendly states, has a lower rate of murders by firearms than California?

Cali, I am disappoint. Maybe they should pass more laws. Surely, the criminals will think they're serious when the next law passes.

The 10 worst have plenty of pro gun states so I am not sure how that argument works.
I was just pointing out that one of the liberal strongholds in the gun control department wasn't the bastion of safety they promoted.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Correlate by minority groups and get back to us.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wonder why? Let me see:

http://ow.ly/VeSkC

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit, NH has fewer murders per 100k than Iceland. 12 in the whole state.

THAT'S RACIST!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you haven't noticed, one certain race that consists of 13% of the US population commits 50% of all murders in the US.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Baltimore routinely has half the total murders in MD, with only 10% of the population of the state.

Even  worse, it's mostly males.

@6.5% committing 50%.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Socioeconomics matter more than geography, the two just happen to correlate fairly well.

The top 10 worst are primarily poorer states with relatively large populations of poor and uneducated.

View Quote

"Socioeconomic."

The vast majority of the people I grew up with were poor and, by most people's standards, "uneducated" and they didn't go around killing each other. Being poor doesn't turn you into a murderer, nor does being "uneducated." Typical leftist bullshit.

The area where I live still has a sky high poverty rate but your chances of getting murdered here are very, very low.

That's where liberals get it ass backwards. Graduating from high school isn't going to magically endow you with some sort of superior moral character. Rather, violent, predatory shitbags are simply not very likely to finish high school. People don't commit murder because they missed out on high school biology classes. So yeah, there's a statistical correlation between education and crime, but it's not a cause and effect relationship.

It's o.k. We know what you actually meant to say was that the states in question have a high percentage of people from a particularly brutal, destructive subculture that glorifies violence, drug use, and stupidity while exhibiting not the slightest, remotest concept of impulse control. A subculture mollycoddled and bankrolled from cradle to prison to grave by the U.S. taxpayer. A grotesque underclass of predatory parasites nurtured by, and wholly dependent upon, the federal government.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#16]
We keep it real down here. Real murdery.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

THAT'S RACIST!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit, NH has fewer murders per 100k than Iceland. 12 in the whole state.

THAT'S RACIST!!

Stupid racist numbers!!!  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Socioeconomic."

The vast majority of the people I grew up with were poor and, by most people's standards, "uneducated" and they didn't go around killing each other. Being poor doesn't turn you into a murderer, nor does being "uneducated." Typical leftist bullshit.

The area where I live still has a sky high poverty rate but your chances of getting murdered here are very, very low.

That's where liberals get it ass backwards. Graduating from high school isn't going to magically endow you with some sort of superior moral character. Rather, violent, predatory shitbags are simply not very likely to finish high school. People don't commit murder because they missed out on high school biology classes. So yeah, there's a statistical correlation between education and crime, but it's not a cause and effect relationship.

It's o.k. We know what you actually meant to say was that the states in question have a high percentage of people from a particularly brutal, destructive subculture that glorifies violence, drug use, and stupidity while exhibiting not the slightest, remotest concept of impulse control. A subculture mollycoddled and bankrolled from cradle to prison to grave by the U.S. taxpayer. A grotesque underclass of predatory parasites nurtured by, and wholly dependent upon, the federal government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Socioeconomics matter more than geography, the two just happen to correlate fairly well.

The top 10 worst are primarily poorer states with relatively large populations of poor and uneducated.

"Socioeconomic."

must be why west virginia isso high on the list
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
South East states representing
Draw your own conclusions...
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

South East states representing

Draw your own conclusions...
View Quote
Hot and muggy?

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's going on in Delaware?
View Quote

Dover and Wilmington are shit holes.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Jesus, is Puerto Rico a third world country or what?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
California stats are impressive. Obviously gun control is really working for them.
View Quote

Seems like both murders per capita and murders with firearms per capita increased, but they increased faster elsewhere, so California got a small bump for total murders from 21st to 20th place but got a relative drop in firearms murders from 11th to 15th place.

Looks like Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Marianas didn't have murders this year, if our colonies are only included when the actually have murders (which I assume, seeing as how Guam was listed for 2013's stats).
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

diversity kills.
View Quote

I was just thinking how interesting it would be, to see the murders overlayed on the Demographics map.  

I'm betting there would be very few surprises.    

That's not to say white people are harmless.    They are by far, the deadliest breed when provoked and organized.   More methodical and scientific.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
PR and DC have positively Draconian gun laws.  
But liberals remain ZFG.
View Quote

PR is the most useful study. It has extremely strict gun laws and it's an island, so they can't say that criminals drive down I-95 to get guns. The same is true of the Virgin Islands.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Memphis keeping Tennessee in the top 10!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Apparently we are live free and don't die !
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@6.5% committing 50%.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@6.5% committing 50%.

It's worse than that.   You have to take out the very young, and the very old.     Those in the prime murdering ages of 14-50, would only consist of maybe 3.5%.         So, 3.5% commit 50% of the murders.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Indiana gets inflated by its proximity to Illinois.  We get a lot of Chicago gang banging that carriers over into Gary, and unfortunately has made its way south down I65 to Indy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We're number one! We're number one! We're number one! We're number one!
View Quote

Take out New Orleans and I bet we drop into the bottom half
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Louisiana still #1 but down over 1 murder per 100K since 2013. New Orleans must be slipping some.
View Quote

The years not over. Still time to catch up
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Seems like both murders per capita and murders with firearms per capita increased, but they increased faster elsewhere, so California got a small bump for total murders from 21st to 20th place but got a relative drop in firearms murders from 11th to 15th place.

Looks like Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Marianas didn't have murders this year, if our colonies are only included when the actually have murders (which I assume, seeing as how Guam was listed for 2013's stats).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guam did, it was included in the FBI data, but I removed it from my chart for this year. It had 6 murders on the FBI table.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Shoot if you look at Illinois, probably half their total murders are just Chicago, which is about 20% of their population.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot if you look at Illinois, probably half their total murders are just Chicago, which is about 20% of their population.  

Take away the 417 murders and 2.7mil people from shitcago and IL would be near the bottom of the list.     A good bit of the other 260 is likely from Rockford.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Personally, I like to start by reviewing the raw data before processing it.  Post-processing is where politics enters and makes statistics into "a game".  

Which State has the largest number of murders?

California_____________1,697
Texas____________________1,141
New York____________________613
Pennsylvania____________________609
Georgia____________________540
Michigan____________________531
North Carolina____________________469
Ohio____________________436
Illinois3____________________428
Louisiana____________________407
Missouri____________________402
Tennessee____________________370
New Jersey____________________337
Virginia____________________337
Maryland____________________309
South Carolina____________________301
Indiana____________________299
Arizona____________________258
Washington____________________172
Nevada____________________169
Oklahoma____________________167
Mississippi____________________161
Kentucky____________________160
Wisconsin____________________158
Arkansas____________________154
Colorado____________________149
Massachusetts____________________131
District of Columbia______________105
New Mexico____________________96
Kansas____________________89
Connecticut____________________83
Minnesota____________________82
Oregon____________________73
West Virginia____________________62
Utah____________________61
Iowa____________________55
Delaware____________________54
Nebraska____________________51
Alaska____________________41
Idaho____________________30
Montana____________________27
Rhode Island____________________25
Virgin Islands____________________25
Maine____________________21
South Dakota____________________15
North Dakota____________________14
Wyoming____________________13
New Hampshire____________________12
Vermont____________________10
Guam____________________6
Hawaii____________________5
Alabama____________________1

I don't really like the frequency interpretation.  It makes murder seem like a random act, occurring as a rate within a State's population.  That is malarkey!  Murder is not a random thing.  Murder, by legal definition, is a deliberate act.

What I want to see is the geographic distribution of the data, where are the unsafe areas.

What I want to see is the cause (motive) of the murders - drug money related, spousal abuse,...

Crime statistics plotted geographically can be seen here -  Crime Mapping
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Personally, I like to start by reviewing the raw data before processing it.  Post-processing is where politics enters and makes statistics into "a game".  

-snip-
View Quote

You can't be serious

Some of your numbers are fucky, and you left out FL.

The raw data effectively shows you the population of each state, useless.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You can't be serious

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-snip-

You can't be serious

Wrong!  According to that logic, the rate (murders/100,000) would be constant.  It is not.  Re-read the post.

This type of response is indicative of the types of politicking I was mentioning above.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, Wyoming must be looking pretty empty without those 13 people around.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow, Wyoming must be looking pretty empty without those 13 people around.
View Quote

all died in one county, too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's going on in Delaware?
View Quote

Killmengton set a record last year.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

diversity kills.
View Quote

Was just thinking of this.  Check out the states at the bottom.  Whitest states in the US.  I would love to see a simple correlation graph.  I think we'd reach statistical significance.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#43]
At least my state is first in something.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In gross terms, sure. However.............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In gross terms, sure. However.............
But, according to an AL.com analysis of the numbers, it's not the state's most crime-infested. Statewide, Anniston had the highest homicide and violent crime rate per capita, while Selma had the highest property crime and total rate.

There was a murder a block away from their stadium while we were playing them a few weeks ago.

Guy that got shot was a little brother to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive back.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would love to see a simple correlation graph.  I think we'd reach statistical significance.
View Quote

Crime statistics plotted geographically can be seen here -  Crime Mapping

You can sort/filter by crime  type (murder, in this case), range of dates, etc.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I think I see a correlation....
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is Puerto Rico one of those places where you are OK if you are at a resort or the like?

Otherwise it seems like a place to avoid for a getaway.
View Quote

PR is a drug infested shit hole
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I clicked this thread expecting Ohio to sit squarely in the middle, simply because it was a ranking of 50 states. And I wasn't dissappointed.

It could be a thread on "couches per capita" and we'd still hover around #25. It's the damnedest thing.
View Quote

The heart of it all.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Louisiana still #1 but down over 1 murder per 100K since 2013. New Orleans must be slipping some.
View Quote

Not enough rap videos being filmed in parks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So wait a sec.... You're telling me that Texas, one of the most gun friendly states, has a lower rate of murders by firearms than California?

Cali, I am disappoint. Maybe they should pass more laws. Surely, the criminals will think they're serious when the next law passes.

Cut out the south end of north las vegas, numbers and dead presidents and the ghetto strip you would see Nevada fall pretty far to the bottom of the list.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top